• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How much weight do you want to lose in 2009? Join our support group!

down 1/2 pound. So we are making good progress!I'm 5'8" tall and weigh 230#'s. My goal is 170#'s.I'm in too! Good luck everyone.Count me in!! My DH and I started our weight loss "plan" about a week and a 1/2 ago! We bought a new Elliptical Machine with our xmas money! So far I am... down 1/2 pound. So we are making good progress!
I was watching The Biggest Loser and heard about the Pound for Pound Challenge. Every week, for every pound you lose through May 5, BL will donate a pound of food to Feeding America! So, in addition to selling the trivets and having our guests round up, we can contribute to FA by improving our health!

Too cool!

ohh count me in too!!
I have needed this for the last six years!
I am working on making better choices for my lunch, not snacking at night
and getting out more and walking my dog!
Has anyone done a show at a WW or TOPS meeting?
Please let me know what you did and how it went?

I'm in!!!! I've missed this thread until tonight, but I started WW Wednesday. I signed up for the free week trial and hope I can continue. So far I think I've done good with it and feel full. I am 5'7', 160 lbs and would like to lose 25-30lbs. to get back to my prepregnancy weight 4 years and two kids ago!! I also had my thyroid removed and am on Synthroid and have been told it may be harder to lose weight, I hope it's not! I am also playing the Wii and trying to get the Wii Fit. I have the Windsor Pilates DVD's, but have no idea where! LOL

I have not been "dieting" just eating until I am content and no more. I have lost over 9 pounds by just doing this, and I don't feel like I am starving myself. When I look at how much I was eating before it makes me ill to know that I just kept "feeding the fat".

I originally weighed in at 238 lbs, and now am at 229 lbs. This has taken since about Thanksgiving. I did this all through the holidays, and even had fudge. To be honest I am more content with my eating then I have ever been just by stopping sooner.

tlag1986 said:
I have not been "dieting" just eating until I am content and no more. I have lost over 9 pounds by just doing this, and I don't feel like I am starving myself. When I look at how much I was eating before it makes me ill to know that I just kept "feeding the fat".

I originally weighed in at 238 lbs, and now am at 229 lbs. This has taken since about Thanksgiving. I did this all through the holidays, and even had fudge. To be honest I am more content with my eating then I have ever been just by stopping sooner.

I think this is the wisest way to lose weight. Eat healthy, eat moderately, and don't obsess about every bite that goes into your mouth! We get so caught up in "diets" (and yes - even WW is a diet!) and it takes over our lives - and if we don't follow someone's plan, then we are weighted by the guilt of not doing what we are supposed to do.

Good for you!:thumbup:

How did I miss this thread? Count me in, please- DH & I are working hard to lose at least 30 lbs each before we go to Miami in April. We weigh in together on Friday mornings. Last Friday, I had lost 9 pounds since the weigh-in 2 weeks before (we were in Denver, and missed our weigh-in the week before) I attributed it to the hiking we did in Denver.

I am not following a set program, but I am eating healthier, and also eating off the small Dots plate. For some reason, when the plate looks fuller, I feel like I ate more, and feel fuller. Also, I am in the gym 3 days a week. I have about 100 pounds to lose in total.

mrssyvo said:
How did I miss this thread? Count me in, please- DH & I are working hard to lose at least 30 lbs each before we go to Miami in April. We weigh in together on Fridya morning. Last Friday, I had lost 9 pounds since the weigh-in 2 weeks before (we were in Denver, and missed our weigh-in the week before) I attributed it to the hiking we did in Denver.

I am not following a set program, but I am eating healthier, and also eating off the small Dots plate. For some reason, when the plate looks fuller, I feel like I ate more, and feel fuller. Also, I am in the gym 3 days a week. I have about 100 pounds to lose in total.

LOL - that's my "diet plan" too!:D

Eating from the Small Dots Plate just makes me happier, too.

I have lost 7 pounds in two weeks by only eating when I am hungry and watching my portions. Now I need to get pounding on the exercise!

I'm in too. I just went to the dr and weighed in at 153... my heaviest ever. I have problems with setting number goals though. My goal is to be toned and still a bit curvy. Since muscle weighs more than fat I just can't get it into my mind to set a number, though if I had to I guess I would say I want to be around 140ish. I've been on the Wii Fit the last two days. I just need to get my meal plan in order. Hanging out with a guy all the time really can mess you up! I'm a vegetarian (that eats fish too), but the last month or two I seem to have become a "breadtarian"! All I seem to eat is cereal, bread, pizza and lots of other not so good stuff. A tidbit I learned from reading The Secret is to NOT focus on losing weight... by doing this you are setting yourself up to constantly be needing to lose weight. Instead focus on your ideal weight (and I'm going to add in here body type that you want). Have your goals be eating more healthy and working out consistently. We'll see how well it works.

Starting over... I started at the beginning of the month but with family tradgedies and leaderhsip, I have to start over! I also just got my ZUMBA workout tapes delivered today and plan to start walking again as of tomorrow! Good luck everyone! 10lbs is my goal and my end date for my Biggest Loser comp with my cousin and freind is April 30th.

ME TOO! ME TOO! I am so in need of support! I have gained 30 pounds since July. Ladies, I now weigh in at 410! YIPES! I had been doing really well as when I got sick three years ago I started at 425 dropped to 330. About three months later I was back to 350. Well, that means I have actually gained 80 pounds since in three years. WRONG DIRECTION TO BE GOING!!!! I picked up 32 of that just since July. I went in just before NC and weighed in at 378. Well, I am an emotional eater. I eat instead of drinking or doing drugs to "comfort" myself when I am stressed. I think I may need to learn how to drink! I really want to drop about 50 pounds by NC this year! SO.... I am restricting my carbs and have cut out the extra two diet sodas I drink each day - down to one. So... Here's to healthy choices everyone!

BadGirl said:
This morning I weighed in at 164, a loss of a little more than 1 pound from last week. I have 28 more pounds to go before I hit my goal of 135 before Memorial Day weekend. I think that's in 19 weeks, so I need to concentrate on losing 1.5 pounds per week until then. It's gonna be a tough challenge!
This morning I weighed in at 162.2, a loss of 1.8 pounds from last week.

How long can I keep this up?

I just joined Weight Watchers to lose a little bit of baby weight...left over from a year ago! LOL HAHA I don't have a lot of weight to lose, only about 10 pounds but I mainly wanted to join so I could learn to eat better. I'm drinking a lot of water and only a little bit of diet soda a day. Also stopped drinking coffee. You wouldn't believe how many points some of those drinks from Starbucks are! So I save money and calories. :)

jst4467 said:
I just joined Weight Watchers to lose a little bit of baby weight...left over from a year ago! LOL HAHA I don't have a lot of weight to lose, only about 10 pounds but I mainly wanted to join so I could learn to eat better. I'm drinking a lot of water and only a little bit of diet soda a day. Also stopped drinking coffee. You wouldn't believe how many points some of those drinks from Starbucks are! So I save money and calories. :)

Okay, I'll admit how much I weigh...I am about 5 foot 5 or 4 and a little under 140 pounds. My goal is to be 130. It seems much harder to just lose a little bit of weight. When I was around 160 right after having my girl, I went real fast from 160 to 147. WW says the average weight loss is 2 pounds a week.

jst4467 said:

heehee, yeah you will save 800 calories by skipping a frap and almost $5 a day if you skip SB! Better for your belly and pocketbook to skip!:p

If you truly love your cappuccinos and don't want to give them up, here is what i do. I bought an expresso maker ($25 @ Walmart) and flavored coffee (my faves are choc, vanilla, caramel and hazelnut) it is about $6 a lb where I get it and 1 lb lasts a month here. Then buy the flavored syrup (sugar free made w/splenda 3.50) they sell vanilla, caramel, hazelnut and more. I put just enough to cover the bottom of the carafe in and when the expresso brews it mixes with it. Then use skim milk or even fat/sugar free creamer (or both :p) as the cream to froth it. To make the chocolate use skim milk and sugar free choc syrup, mix it up like choc milk and then froth it. It tastes really yummy and it is cheaper on the wallet and the ww points calulator ;)

In my house 1 lb of coffe ($6) 1 container of creamer ($3) one bottle of syrup ($3.50) and skim milk (need it anyways $3.50) makes me 1-2 cappuccinos everyday for a month. That's only $16 per month, or 1 weeks worth of Starbucks :cool:

Ok, here's my plan for the next month.... up my exercise to 6days a week. Then eat smaller portions, with snaks in between, more water and more fiber! Will see how it goes. Will report back when I start seeing results ?

I got off to a great start, lost 4 lbs the first week, week 2 i was not so lucky, I kept the 4 off, but didn't lose anymore. I really need to get active and start working out again. I would really love to replace my chair in the living room with a recumbnant (sp?) bike, but the cheapest I've found them is $600. I use to ride 3-5 miles as a warm up on one of those things and I dropped 50lbs in a 5 month period. I'll keep looking for a cheaper one, a used one! I would love to beable to ride 20 miles a day a few days a week. I think that would help me greatly!

I found a recumbent bike for $146, it doesn't have all of the features I want, but this will atleast get me going in the right direction. I have a couple side jobs I'm working on, so as soon as I get paid for those I think I am going to make the purchase. That gives me the extra motivation to get the website I've been working on done. I haven't been able to get into the project though. My goal is 2 weeks to buy the bike! I'd also like to purchase a 10-speed bike for when it gets warmer out. I love to ride! We live about 3 blocks from a bike path that runs about 50 miles along the Mississippi River. I would love to just hop on a bike and ride. LOL if I get to far and can't make it back, we have a truck, my BF will just have to come get me! hehe!

pampered1224 said:
ME TOO! ME TOO! I am so in need of support! I have gained 30 pounds since July. Ladies, I now weigh in at 410! YIPES! I had been doing really well as when I got sick three years ago I started at 425 dropped to 330. About three months later I was back to 350. Well, that means I have actually gained 80 pounds since in three years. WRONG DIRECTION TO BE GOING!!!! I picked up 32 of that just since July. I went in just before NC and weighed in at 378. Well, I am an emotional eater. I eat instead of drinking or doing drugs to "comfort" myself when I am stressed. I think I may need to learn how to drink! I really want to drop about 50 pounds by NC this year! SO.... I am restricting my carbs and have cut out the extra two diet sodas I drink each day - down to one. So... Here's to healthy choices everyone!

You can do it! LOL but drinking isn't the answer! too many carbs and calories! We are here for you, and I'm so excited from all of the response from this thread!

I fell off the wagon! I worked out for 3 days and now this is day 3 that I have not! The first two days were just too busy, job interviews and other things and today I just have no motivation.
Just going to try to look at tomorrow as a new day and it doesn't matter what I've been doing the last few days right? I'll just start new.

Sounds like a answer to prayer. Count me in. There is nothing like having
the support of other people to encourage you to loose weight.
My day job is sitting for 8 hrs, and I never get any exercise. I have the
best of intentions for loosing weight, but it always manages to fall by the
wayside. Please make me accountable to loose at least 50 pounds in 2009
for my health and well being. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.;)

I havent' read thru this all, but I wanted to mention that I joined Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople and I LOVE the site, so far I've started running and kept track of what I eat and log in to get some support each day. Good luck to all!

Well, we got the Wii Fit on Tuesday and I have done it everyday for at least 30 min. some days for an hour or more. So, right now I am down 2+ lbs and am very happy with that!! I am eating better, smaller portions and exercising. My DH has lost 5.9 lbs and that p*sses me off!! He eats junk all the time, drinks Pepsi like it's going out of style and HE loses over 5 lbs in under a week!!!!!! I think the Wii Fit is weighing him wrong! LOL But, he is keeping me motivated.

I did something today that I was very proud of. I am a snacker! a big time snacker, especially when I'm working on a big project. I was working on the website for a guy I work for and I just felt like I had to eat while I was doing it. I grabbed a bag of cut up celery and munched on that for 5 hours LOL! I treated myself to a tootsie roll when I finished my work!

BadGirl said:
(Original post 1/12/2009) - This morning I weighed in at 164, a loss of a little more than 1 pound from last week. I have 28 more pounds to go before I hit my goal of 135 before Memorial Day weekend. I think that's in 19 weeks, so I need to concentrate on losing 1.5 pounds per week until then. It's gonna be a tough challenge!

BadGirl said:
(Original post 1/21/2009) - This morning I weighed in at 162.2, a loss of 1.8 pounds from last week.

How long can I keep this up?
This morning I weighed in at 156.7.

This losing weight is a slooooooooow process.

How is everybody else doing?

Last edited:
it's been a while, how is everyone doing?

I lost 7lbs and started my bad habits back up. I haven't gained it back yet, but i need to go back to what I was doing right and get back on the weight loss track...

BadGirl said:
(original post from 1/12/2009) - This morning I weighed in at 164, a loss of a little more than 1 pound from last week. I have 28 more pounds to go before I hit my goal of 135 before Memorial Day weekend. I think that's in 19 weeks, so I need to concentrate on losing 1.5 pounds per week until then. It's gonna be a tough challenge!

BadGirl said:
(original post from 1/21/2009) - This morning I weighed in at 162.2, a loss of 1.8 pounds from last week.

BadGirl said:
(original post from 2/19/2009) - This morning I weighed in at 156.7.
This morning, I weighed in at 151, a change of 5.7 pounds from two weeks ago. I have lost a total of 95 pounds so far, with only 16 more to go before I hit my goal of 135. Yahooooooo! Seriously, I never thought I could get to this point, and I am so excited that my goal is finally within sight.

You are doing soooo awesome! I haven't weighed in for quite a while now, basically because I don't want to see the numbers. While I'm still trying to eat right, I haven't been doing anything else to work on the weight loss.

Let's not even TALK about all the weight I need to lose ....I am staring 40 in the face ... my roomate is stressed over medical issues a parent has had ... we both want to eat healthier but disagree on how exactly to do it. I know low carb works for me ... Roomie, meanwhile, is all about low fat, low sodium and eliminating red meat.I should probably mention that said roomie is male and therefore does not comprehend the need for women to consume iron. Also thinks peas are "a green vegetable."I think whole grains, veggies and fiber are areas where we both can agree.

<H2>1. What is the recommended amount of weight to lose in 2009?</H2><p>The recommended amount of weight to lose in 2009 can vary for each individual. It is important to set realistic and achievable goals. It is generally recommended to aim for 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week, so a total of 50 pounds in a year would be a healthy and attainable goal.</p><H2>2. Why is it important to have a support group for weight loss?</H2><p>Having a support group can provide motivation, accountability, and encouragement on your weight loss journey. It can also be a great source of advice and tips from others who may be going through similar experiences.</p><H2>3. How can I join the support group for weight loss?</H2><p>To join the support group, simply express your interest and start participating in the group discussions and activities. It is a great way to connect with others who share the same goal of weight loss.</p><H2>4. Is it necessary to share my current weight in the support group?</H2><p>No, it is not necessary to share your current weight if you are uncomfortable doing so. The most important thing is to focus on your personal goals and progress, rather than comparing yourself to others.</p><H2>5. Can you provide an update on your own weight loss journey?</H2><p>Yes, I am currently at 250 pounds and my goal for the end of the year is to reach 200 pounds. I am committed to making healthy choices and staying on track with my weight loss goals. I look forward to sharing my progress with the support group and being a source of support for others.</p>

1. What is the recommended amount of weight to lose in 2009?

The recommended amount of weight to lose in 2009 can vary for each individual. It is important to set realistic and achievable goals. It is generally recommended to aim for 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week, so a total of 50 pounds in a year would be a healthy and attainable goal.

2. Why is it important to have a support group for weight loss?

Having a support group can provide motivation, accountability, and encouragement on your weight loss journey. It can also be a great source of advice and tips from others who may be going through similar experiences.

3. How can I join the support group for weight loss?

To join the support group, simply express your interest and start participating in the group discussions and activities. It is a great way to connect with others who share the same goal of weight loss.

4. Is it necessary to share my current weight in the support group?

No, it is not necessary to share your current weight if you are uncomfortable doing so. The most important thing is to focus on your personal goals and progress, rather than comparing yourself to others.

5. Can you provide an update on your own weight loss journey?

Yes, I am currently at 250 pounds and my goal for the end of the year is to reach 200 pounds. I am committed to making healthy choices and staying on track with my weight loss goals. I look forward to sharing my progress with the support group and being a source of support for others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
1upland
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7