• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do "You" Explain the Difference in the Knives?

In summary, the conversation was about the different types of knives offered by Pampered Chef and how to explain the differences to customers. The main focus was on the Forged Cutlery, which is the most expensive but also the most durable and preferred by the consultants. The other types mentioned were the "Try Me" Knife, the green knives with plastic handles, and the honing case knives. The group also discussed how to market and sell the different types of knives, with some consultants focusing solely on the Forged Cutlery while others use the "good, better, best" approach. Resources were also shared for more information on the different knives.
cookingwithdawn
I just love the Forged Cutlery personally but I know for some it can be expensive if they don't have a show. I'm not really good at explaining the difference of the types of knives we carry. Would anyone like to share what they say as to the difference of the knives? I'd like to be able to say something short and sweet.

We have good, better and best. They can choose if they want the 1 year, 5 year or lifetime warranty by which knife they buy. I always recommend the Forged Cutlery because it's my favorite and I know that as long as I take care of them properly, I'll NEVER have to buy knives again. But I also admit that I have paring knives from the mid 90's that I can't justify replacing because they still work great and I have the really old set of the knives in the honing cases too (also from the mid 90's)! I thought hubby's roommate got off with them in '04, but when our long-term storage stuff that the military had was delivered this summer I found them! WooHoo! LOL

I talk about the forged cutlery, and I don't explain the difference unless someone asks.
I talk about the "Try Me" Knife - the 5" utility knife, and let them know it has a Lifetime warranty. I usually try to get everyone to actually try it, and see for themselves how incredible it is to cut with a great knife!If someone asks about the difference, I just say that the biggest difference is a LT warranty vs. a 5 yr. warranty, and that a stainless steel blade can't ever be as sharp as a forged cutlery blade. I also let them compare weight and the way that the knife feels in their hands.

I talk about the forged cutlery and then vaguely mention the green knives - less expensive with plastic handles. those are the ones you don't mind sharing, sending off with son to college, etc. I don't even mention the ones in their own honing cases - find them to be way too bulky to store.

I talk about the forged then mention that we have two other types and they can read about the deferences in my PC collections binder. I have a binder with all the collection cards in it.

I used to only focus on the forged but thought that I was missing out on sales of the green ones. Now I do the "good, better, best," starting with a good discussion of the forged then a brief explanation of the other 2, focusing on the differences. I think my knife sales have picked up. I certainly get people booking for the forged set, with some sales of a single forged and more sales of the honing case ones than before (would be fine with me if those disappeared) and green ones. If I sell more than one knife to a guest at a show, it's most likely that they purchase more than one green one. It's a case of affordability. Read the product information guide for more info on the differences. I pass a forged and a green one. Don't even have a honing case one, just the old one in a sharpening case.

I call the green ones "starter" knives and the FC "forever knives" I don't have any of the others and never talk about them, unless someone asks. I would say about 60% of what I sell are the green ones and 40% are the FC.
I joke that if you can't trust your DH not take them and use them like a screw driver, then you may need to do some training before letting him use them.

No prob...glad I could help!

Like Sheila, I say they're "good, better and best." The forged cutlery is great, the self-honing ones are handy and I use the green ones more than I thought I would. The silicone coating does wear eventually but it keeps it from sticking to certain things. So they vary according to various usages.

I've never used the green ones & don't take them to shows either.

But I still have mid 90's paring knives in my drawer! They still have the cardboard covers with the chicken logo too! LOL

Knives are one of my pet peeves. I hated PC knives in the mid '90's as they did not come close to comparing in quality to mine. Now, I will be replacing all but 3 of my many knives with PC. So I only push the forged cutlery since they are to only ones that I really believe in. Esp. the 7 in Santoku. I suggest what I use, the 7 inch Santoku, the utility knife that comes with the kit, and the boning/fillet.

1. What makes Pampered Chef knives different from other brands?

Pampered Chef knives are made with high-quality German steel, which is known for its strength and durability. Our knives also have a unique blade design that allows for effortless slicing and chopping.

2. Are Pampered Chef knives dishwasher safe?

Yes, our knives are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of your knives.

3. How often should I sharpen my Pampered Chef knives?

We recommend sharpening your knives every 6-12 months, depending on how frequently you use them. Our knives are designed to hold their sharp edge for a long time, but regular sharpening will ensure optimal performance.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef knives for cutting through tough foods like meat and vegetables?

Absolutely! Our knives are designed to handle all types of food, including tough meats and vegetables. They are also great for delicate tasks like slicing fruits and herbs.

5. Do Pampered Chef knives come with a warranty?

Yes, all of our knives come with a lifetime guarantee. If you experience any issues with your knives, simply contact our customer service team and they will assist you with a replacement or repair.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 2crazyboys
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
RachelNguyen
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • AZPampered Chef