• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Weight Loss Journey with Alli Weight Loss Supplement

In summary, people have had good or bad results with Alli. Some people have lost weight while others have not. It is recommended that you start the program and follow the instructions that come with it. If you do not follow the instructions, the results may not be as good.
chefsteph07
Has anyone taken Alli as a weight loss supplement? I'm thinking of starting this, (been hearing great things about it and I like that it's FDA approved)or adding some kind of fat burning supplement to my routine, I've been on a low carb diet for about 6 weeks and I'm not seeing very great results yet...and my husband has dropped a belt size in 10 days! :( LOL

I know about eating healthy, exercise, watch portions, etc, I've been doing all that. I just need a little boost.

Help!

I did it for a week, but my stopping was because of me, not the program. I highly recommend getting on the website and following the program, rather than just taking the pills. You do want to learn about and be prepared for the 'treatment effects.' If you do what they say, it won't be a problem.Oh, and yes, I did lose weight much faster than without.

Thanks Sarah, I was all over the website and I did like what I saw, plus the testimonials. I was looking at it in the store the other day and just saw a commercial for it, so I wanted to check it out and to possibly hear from others who I know that may have taken it or another supplement that has been successful.

Another hint - go online to find the best deal. I bought a bottle of 60 for $25 from walmart.com.If you decide to start it, let me know when, I'll re-start with you!

Oh cool! Really??? That's awesome!
I'm hoping to get them this weekend, I'll let you know! :)

Steph and Sara PM me. I will start with you too! :):thumbup:

DEFINITELY start on a weekend if you have been "eating badly." I took them for about 4 months last year and that first weekend was spent at home because of the treatment effects. It tells you online and in the materials that comes with them that you should give yourself two days of eating right before taking the pills, but that is dependent on how much fat you already ahve in your system. For instance, if you eat out a lot, you really need four-five days if you don't want to spend the weekend in the bathroom.

They work really well with a sold exercise routine. Walking (briskly) a minimum of 30 minutes a day and some light resistance training 3-5 days a week will get you the basic results. If you start a good workout routine, like the Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD, you will see AMAZING results! I lost 25 pounds in that 4 months......gained it back over the last year because I quit working out.

I worked at GSK when this was first released and was a huge "phenomena" around the world.

I can say that not even employee's were willing to take the "samples" provided.

I have only met one person in my 3+ years in the medical world who has taken it. If you really can't figure out how to eat correctly on your own... this can assist in that and "punish" you instantly for eating the smallest thing not correctly.

..... the person I knew was already a "healthy" eater, and saw no results after 2-3 months (5 lbs not worth the cost)!

I would be interested to hear your progress if you do follow through!

I try to follow Weight Watchers. When I'm on plan, I'm not eating that much fat. I tried Alli. To do it in combo with WW, I found I was trying to increase the amount of fat I was consuming in a meal. The info that comes with Alli says you have to have a certain amount of fat in a meal for Alli to work. In general that was more fat than worked with the WW plan. I didn't suffer treatment affects for the most part. If you can read their diet plan before buying, do so and make sure that it's something you would follow. I didn't see any weight loss benefit to taking Alli.

Good luck!! The battle isn't easy and different things work for different people. I seem to be one of those people who now needs to do some strength/toning exercises, not just cardio, to get any weight loss.

chefsteph07 said:
Oh cool! Really??? That's awesome!
I'm hoping to get them this weekend, I'll let you know! :)

I have a bottle at home and am getting ready to start it, too! Let's have an Alli club - it would be awesome to have folks to support each other!
PM me, please!
Nan

BTW - my niece works for a doctor's office, and her doctor has regularly put people on Alli who have struggled on their own. She says that those who stick with the plan have a much higher rate of success than those who don't try it at all. She said that the weight loss group (using Alli) connected with her doctor's office have had very little side effects. Her mother-n-law lost 60 pounds using Alli and swears by it. She does say it is not a magic pill - it's just a little something extra. For those that struggle with weight loss, it is sometimes that extra push that helps us get over the hump into better eating. I figured out a long time ago how to eat healthy (and lost a lot of weight that way), but even though I know all the information, I still mess up - I am hoping the pill helps keep me on target so that I don't face the consequences. It's sad that I have to have something like this - but it's true. Maybe that's the true benefit of Alli, I will soon find out! It's worth giving it a try. My doctor recommended it to both my husband and me.
N
Nancy

I haven't tried it because anything that warns you to wear dark clothes and have a change of clothes nearby cannot be good. Very embarassing unless you never leave your house.

scavallero said:
I haven't tried it because anything that warns you to wear dark clothes and have a change of clothes nearby cannot be good. Very embarassing unless you never leave your house.

Yeah, I love the phrase "treatment affects". That's funny.

Update: Ok, I wimped out and went with Hydroxycut instead for now! Anyone have any results, insight on THIS? I have a couple friends who used this and they had good results from it. I started today. Plus, the $60 cost for Alli kind of swayed me away from it for now. But, I'm open, believe me! :D

scavallero said:

OMG Seriously?! I think I'd rather stay fat! LOL

Honestly, don't waste your time with diet pills. May of them DO NOT work unless you eat right and stay super active! The BEST thing (and the safest thing) that works is Weight Watchers!!!! It is the ONLY thing that has ever worked for me! I tried the diet pills and they never worked! WW's is WORTH the money and less than diet pills in the long run. Go for it! Trust me! I lost 26 pounds in 12 weeks on the WW's program!! :)

Last edited:
Becca_in_MD said:
I try to follow Weight Watchers. When I'm on plan, I'm not eating that much fat. I tried Alli. To do it in combo with WW, I found I was trying to increase the amount of fat I was consuming in a meal. The info that comes with Alli says you have to have a certain amount of fat in a meal for Alli to work. In general that was more fat than worked with the WW plan. I didn't suffer treatment affects for the most part. If you can read their diet plan before buying, do so and make sure that it's something you would follow. I didn't see any weight loss benefit to taking Alli.Good luck!! The battle isn't easy and different things work for different people. I seem to be one of those people who now needs to do some strength/toning exercises, not just cardio, to get any weight loss.
That's really why I stopped taking it. To begin the program, based on my current weight, I was expected to eat 19g of fat and 1800 calories. Doing this while eating healthy was impossible. My average was about 1400 calories per day and 12 g of fat. The counselor on the website told me I had to increase my intake or I'd be starving myself. It's hard to believe I'm saying this, but it was just too difficult for me to try to eat that much!! By the way, I did NOT eat their suggested meals - I want to eat what is normal food for me, so I can maintain the habits.Really, my biggest problem is finding the time and motivation to exercise. If I just worked-out on a regular basis and ate healthy the majority of the time, I'd be fine. Not skinny, but I'd lose some weight, and be healthy.Anyone want to just do an accountability group? If you want to take Alli, Hydroxycut, attend Weight Watchers, whatever, that's fine, but the important thing is to stick to a plan, and having accountability is essential. One thing I did find while taking Alli, though I always thought I would hate it, was that writing down everything I ate and any exercise I accomplished did help me stay focused and see where I needed improvement.

emiscookin said:
Honestly, don't waste your time with diet pills. May of them DO NOT work unless you eat right and stay super active! The BEST thing (and the safest thing) that works is Weight Watchers!!!! It is the ONLY thing that has ever worked for me! I tried the diet pills and they never worked! WW's is WORTH the money and less than diet pills in the long run. Go for it! Trust me! I lost 26 pounds in 12 weeks on the WW's program!! :)

LOL - I followed the WW plan better than anyone ever has before (seriously - NEVER cheated...did everything that I was supposed to do) and I lost 3 lbs in 12 weeks on WW. My husband, who wasn't following the plan, but had to a bit, just because of the way I was eating, lost 11 lbs.

WW doesn't work for everyone. Plus, it encourages eating a lot of non-foods that (IMO) aren't good for you. Has anyone ever read the ingredient list on a package of FF cheese or Fiber-One Bars...or any of the WW treats? SCARY!

I lose weight when I stop eating processed foods, refined sugars, and white flour. Take away all of the non-foods from your diet, and you'll be surprised at what can happen!

Eat REAL whole grains (not processed foods to which whole grains have been added) and fruits, vegetables, lean meats, fish, naturally low-fat dairy...really, that's all you need to do.

ChefBeckyD said:
I lose weight when I stop eating processed foods, refined sugars, and white flour. Take away all of the non-foods from your diet, and you'll be surprised at what can happen!

Eat REAL whole grains (not processed foods to which whole grains have been added) and fruits, vegetables, lean meats, fish, naturally low-fat dairy...really, that's all you need to do.

Ditto, a few years ago (wow, I think 9 now) we eliminated those processed foods. Then almost 2 years ago we started switching over to RAW and are at about 50% daily/weekly for RAW.

The thing that I worry about with taking pills, are the side effects that they DON'T know about yet. Like all the ones in the past that ended up being bad for your heart or whatever. I just get nervous taking things that might mess up my organs or hormones. As soon as people get off things like that, the weight just comes right back. Habits are super hard to break.

1. What is Alli Weight Loss Supplement?

Alli Weight Loss Supplement is an FDA-approved over-the-counter weight loss aid that helps to block the absorption of dietary fat. It is designed to be used in conjunction with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet and regular exercise to help boost weight loss.

2. How does Alli work?

Alli works by blocking the absorption of about 25% of the fat you consume. This undigested fat is then passed out of the body through bowel movements, helping to reduce the number of calories that are absorbed into the body.

3. Is Alli safe to use?

Alli is generally considered safe for most people, but it is important to follow the recommended dosage and usage instructions. It is not recommended for use by pregnant or breastfeeding women, those under 18 years old, or those with certain health conditions. It is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any weight loss supplement.

4. How long does it take to see results with Alli?

Individual results may vary, but most people typically start to see results within the first 3 months of using Alli. However, it is important to remember that Alli is not a magic pill and should be used in combination with a healthy diet and exercise for best results.

5. Are there any side effects of using Alli?

Some common side effects of Alli may include gas, oily spotting, and loose stools. These side effects are usually mild and can be reduced by following a low-fat diet while using Alli. It is important to speak with a healthcare professional if you experience severe or persistent side effects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ughubug
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
heat123