• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wii Fit......i Got It and Love It!

In summary, Erin's husband was out Thursday night trying to locate a Wii Fit and could not find one. Erin went to Electronics Boutique at the mall and was the second person in line. She asked the store employee if they had any more Wii Fit's for sale. The store employee said no, but the phone rang and it was a woman releasing her pre-order Wii Fit. Erin paid for the Wii Fit and the store employee gave her the Wii Fit. Erin and her children started playing the Wii Fit last night and it does a body analysis on you and the only thing you type in is your birthdate and height. The Wii Fit says that the average weight loss is 3 pounds per
PampMomof3
Gold Member
FIrst of all, I love a great challenge. My dh went out on Thursday night trying to locate one and couldn't find one and was told that they're impossible to find unless you resort to ___(you know where!) So he says to me "If you can track one down, here's $140 for the wii fit and wii we ski. I wasn't sold at this point to buy one but after thinking about it for a second, I said GAME ON and went to try and find one. I went to Electronics boutique at the mall and was the 2nd person waiting in line for it. Of course the guy in front of me had a pre-order ticket so he got his and I asked if there were any more for sale. The guy said no but then the phone rang and it was a woman who was releasing her presell wii fit for sale. He hung up and said I have one now! Yes! That was too easy!!

So then I say, I would like to get we ski as well and he said that they were also sold out of that until UPS arrived. Right after I paid, UPS WALKED IN!!! :p I told him that I know that he's busy but my children would be so happy to have this game! He looked and I got it!!

We started playing it last night and it does a body analysis on you and the only thing you type in is your birthdate and height. Well, i admit that I'm not skinny (never have been and bearing 3 children and a thyroid disease, okay, I'm full of excuses, huh?) but after it configuring my weight, my mii totally plumped out! :eek: I'm so sad to see a :cry: fat mii girl so now I"m determined to work it off.

What's nice is you have to check in with your goals and like I put in that I'd like to lose 20 pounds in 2 months. It then told me that the avg weight loss is 3 lbs per 2 weeks so my goal is not realistic. I'm excited about it and look forward to getting skinnier and healthier this summer.

After you invest so much time, you unlock new games and exercise programs. I'm not a runner and man, I was out of breath last night. Of course, I'm giving it my all so I look forward to seeing some results!!

Does anyone else have it? What do you think?;)

Don't have it, but I'm glad you love it and it is a motivation! Enjoy!My kids loved playing my brother's Wii when he came to visit last summer, but we have other financial priorities this year.We'll go play when we visit him!P.S. The Wii Fit did look pretty fun!

Thanks Janet! I knew you'd be the first one to post on this thread!

My SIL was supposed to be getting one. Now, I've got to call her and see if she found one. It was her Mother's Day gift, but they weren't available yet.

My kids want a Wii SOOOO bad. We have so many other systems that it does not make sense to me to get another. Oh, but I am willing to bet we will wind up getting one........

This sounds like such a good investment for those kids who want to be on the computer playing games all day! "Sure...you can play games...it just has to be Wii Fit!!" lol (BTW- it's my family I am referring to here!)

Go Kristi! You'll be slim and trim at Conference!

How much was it if you dont mind me asking?

erinyourpclady said:
My kids want a Wii SOOOO bad. We have so many other systems that it does not make sense to me to get another. Oh, but I am willing to bet we will wind up getting one........
Erin...

I feel the same way! DSS has a computer with tons of games...PS2...PSP...another handheld I can't think of the name of...an XBox, and then DH wanted to get the Wii last year. I about had a coronary, but he did it. The only thing that saved me from having a complete meltdown on him, was the thought that they had to *DO* something playing the games.

Now DSS wants an XBox 360. Excuse the language, but WTH? That kid has NO IDEA on the value of money and belongings... Thank God, DH told him if he wanted that one, he had better start saving his $$. Well, he was up to $90, but then owed us $20 for spending too much money on his trip he took with the 7th graders, and then lost a library book so he owes us $18 to pay for that. So...now he's back to $50. I don't see him getting that thing anytime soon. I don't think he wants it THAT BADLY...I think he wants us to buy it for him, and get it with no effort on his part. I can tell you one thing...if DH breaks down and gives him $$ towards it I am gonna FLIP THE HECK OUT!!

Wow! Guess this post turned into a rant! Sorry to hijack!! lol

JAE said:
My SIL was supposed to be getting one. Now, I've got to call her and see if she found one. It was her Mother's Day gift, but they weren't available yet.
I'm bummed. Her dh hasn't purchased the Wii Fit, yet. He didn't even pre-buy it, so it will be a while. She'll call me as soon as she gets it. Meahwhile, I have DDR.

My DH has been searching for it since it's release day! We live in such a small wierd town that it'll be a while before I get mine :cry: I really want it I love my wii and I love the games like wii fit that come out for it. I loved brain age for nintento ds as well. My brain was old! and now I'm quicker LOVE IT!

I'm glad you like it.......I went in search of one and haven't found it yet, but I WILL get one....especially now it's gotten good reviews.

vwpamperedchef said:
How much was it if you dont mind me asking?

The wii fit is $89.99 but well worth it.

Good Luck guys on finding yours. It has gotten excellent reviews! I told my hubby to put me on a shopping challenge anyday!

KellyTheChef said:
Erin...

I feel the same way! DSS has a computer with tons of games...PS2...PSP...another handheld I can't think of the name of...an XBox, and then DH wanted to get the Wii last year. I about had a coronary, but he did it. The only thing that saved me from having a complete meltdown on him, was the thought that they had to *DO* something playing the games.

Now DSS wants an XBox 360. Excuse the language, but WTH? That kid has NO IDEA on the value of money and belongings... Thank God, DH told him if he wanted that one, he had better start saving his $$. Well, he was up to $90, but then owed us $20 for spending too much money on his trip he took with the 7th graders, and then lost a library book so he owes us $18 to pay for that. So...now he's back to $50. I don't see him getting that thing anytime soon. I don't think he wants it THAT BADLY...I think he wants us to buy it for him, and get it with no effort on his part. I can tell you one thing...if DH breaks down and gives him $$ towards it I am gonna FLIP THE HECK OUT!!

Wow! Guess this post turned into a rant! Sorry to hijack!! lol

Honestly I am almost embarrased to list what we have.....because it is a lot! We do have an XBox 360 that the kids take turns on and DH plays his war type games on. My kids are very good at the taking turns and they spend just as much time outside on the trampoline and swing set so I cannot complain about that. I just don't know where the heck to put another system!
That, the price and the space you need to play some of the Wii games makes me think we jsut don't need it. But we are a "gamer" family...everybody plays so I know it is just a matter of time.

Hi hear ya Erin! I'm embarrassed as well, the only we don't have is any Playstation but have everything else. It's probably easier to list that way!:eek:

Well I just finished 30 minutes of excercising and lost .9 lbs from yesterday and lost .14 BMI. Im stoked with those results and I know it's not from the clothes b/c they're the same I wore last night when I worked out!:p (does that give it away that I'm still in my jammies?):blushing:

WHOHOO Kristi - I hope it keeps you motivated! You're going to be skinny by conference! ;)

janetupnorth said:
WHOHOO Kristi - I hope it keeps you motivated! You're going to be skinny by conference! ;)

I wouldn't push it that far ;) but I hope to be skinnier than I am now!!:) :sing:

PampMomof3 said:
I wouldn't push it that far ;) but I hope to be skinnier than I am now!!:) :sing:

Skinny is over-rated. Food is much better :rolleyes:

PampMomof3 said:
(does that give it away that I'm still in my jammies?):blushing:

Glad I'm not the only one still in jammies...today is the first Saturday we had absolutely nothing to do since OCTOBER!!! My DH just came home from running to his office for a bit..."you're still not dressed?" LOL Of course, I said..."uh no...I'm not going anywhere today..this is the 1st Sat since Oct...I'm just going to chill!"

Kitchen2u said:
Glad I'm not the only one still in jammies...today is the first Saturday we had absolutely nothing to do since OCTOBER!!! My DH just came home from running to his office for a bit..."you're still not dressed?" LOL Of course, I said..."uh no...I'm not going anywhere today..this is the 1st Sat since Oct...I'm just going to chill!"

Shhhhhhhhh...don't tell anyone but I just woke up from a 3 hour nap....:blushing:

erinyourpclady said:
Shhhhhhhhh...don't tell anyone but I just woke up from a 3 hour nap....:blushing:

I think you just told the world...

...and I am slightly jealous!

I need more sleep but it is hard for me to fall to bed early and lately I can't sleep in...when that sun comes up, I wake up!

Maybe, just maybe we can take a nap tomorrow - that would be nice!

janetupnorth said:
I think you just told the world...

...and I am slightly jealous!

I need more sleep but it is hard for me to fall to bed early and lately I can't sleep in...when that sun comes up, I wake up!

Maybe, just maybe we can take a nap tomorrow - that would be nice!

I don't usually nap. Today was cloudy and gray all morning long and just added to the I want to sleep mood. So I gave in! I don't even know the last time I took a nap so it was well deserved and OH SO worth it! LOL!

And I am up bright and early....the older I get the, the harder it is to sleep in.

It was sunny here - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We planted today...we're amateurs but oh well...See our blog at Fort for a cute picture of the kids reading this afternoon.

erinyourpclady said:
I don't usually nap. Today was cloudy and gray all morning long and just added to the I want to sleep mood. So I gave in! I don't even know the last time I took a nap so it was well deserved and OH SO worth it! LOL!

And I am up bright and early....the older I get the, the harder it is to sleep in.

I just came home from a wedding, and I am pooped! I think I need a nap now lol

I cleaned ALL day today and finally got to sit down about 7. I fell asleep and awoke to my phone ringing at 8. Man, I wish I was just down for the whole night!! Bummer!!

PampMomof3 said:
FIrst of all, I love a great challenge. My dh went out on Thursday night trying to locate one and couldn't find one and was told that they're impossible to find unless you resort to ___(you know where!) So he says to me "If you can track one down, here's $140 for the wii fit and wii we ski. I wasn't sold at this point to buy one but after thinking about it for a second, I said GAME ON and went to try and find one. I went to Electronics boutique at the mall and was the 2nd person waiting in line for it. Of course the guy in front of me had a pre-order ticket so he got his and I asked if there were any more for sale. The guy said no but then the phone rang and it was a woman who was releasing her presell wii fit for sale. He hung up and said I have one now! Yes! That was too easy!!

So then I say, I would like to get we ski as well and he said that they were also sold out of that until UPS arrived. Right after I paid, UPS WALKED IN!!! :p I told him that I know that he's busy but my children would be so happy to have this game! He looked and I got it!!

We started playing it last night and it does a body analysis on you and the only thing you type in is your birthdate and height. Well, i admit that I'm not skinny (never have been and bearing 3 children and a thyroid disease, okay, I'm full of excuses, huh?) but after it configuring my weight, my mii totally plumped out! :eek: I'm so sad to see a :cry: fat mii girl so now I"m determined to work it off.

What's nice is you have to check in with your goals and like I put in that I'd like to lose 20 pounds in 2 months. It then told me that the avg weight loss is 3 lbs per 2 weeks so my goal is not realistic. I'm excited about it and look forward to getting skinnier and healthier this summer.

After you invest so much time, you unlock new games and exercise programs. I'm not a runner and man, I was out of breath last night. Of course, I'm giving it my all so I look forward to seeing some results!!

We don't have it yet but I can't wait until we find one!!! I didn't think they were out until next week. I feel a shopping trip coming on!!! What do you think of Wii Ski? My son said the reviews for it aren't great. Good but not fantastic. I'm debating on that one. I have the same problems as you....childbirth & a thyroid condition. I also have exercise induced asthma and chronic fatigue syndrome!! I hope Wii Fit can help me. I told my kids that they need to "nicely" encourage me to make sure I actually use it!!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
We don't have it yet but I can't wait until we find one!!! I didn't think they were out until next week. I feel a shopping trip coming on!!! What do you think of Wii Ski? My son said the reviews for it aren't great. Good but not fantastic. I'm debating on that one. I have the same problems as you....childbirth & a thyroid condition. I also have exercise induced asthma and chronic fatigue syndrome!! I hope Wii Fit can help me. I told my kids that they need to "nicely" encourage me to make sure I actually use it!!!

We ski is alright. I'm not a skiier and obvisouly my kids aren't either (living in FL) but they have fun with it. The funnest part for them is the photographers in the game. They'll go around and take pictures of you (group shots as well) and save it to your album. We LOVE that feature. It's really cute. My boys (5 & 7) are playing it right now actually and they said they LOVE :love: it.

For the last 2 days, I have excercised a total of 30 minutes per day. Wii fit gives you a time bank to keep track of your time and the more you play, the more training excercises you get to unlock. I'll tell ya, my calves are sore today from getting on and off the balance board. It's weird that just that little bit would do so much but I'm already lovng the results. :love:

The best part about it is I don't feel like I'm excercising unless I"m doing yoga. The games are a lot of fun and well worth the $$$$.:)

ok--here is a loaded ? can I lock the kids out of seeing how MUCH I weigh? They are teasing me that my mii will be plump---LOLtough crowd here-

YES!! It will not show anyone how much your BMI is or your weight if you put a password in. That was the FIRST thing I did!! BUT, in the wii fit plaza where everyone is waiting for them to get picked, you're standing there all plump next to these kids. Ugh! More reason to lose it. :)

I just finished 40 minutes this morning and I gained .2lbs BUT it said that I had taken it yesterday afternoon. I'm taking my test less than 24 hours later and you should take your body test everyday @ the same time. I'm starting today to do it in the am so I get it done. It's like I don't want to stop though because it's a lot of fun. I hate excercising but LOVE competition so this game is GREAT for me!

Sounds like fun!

I just registered for Wii and Wii Fit for my wedding registry.

It sounds like so much fun!

I also got a Wii fit. The lady that does my hair pre-ordered one and she loves it. She suggested I stop at the game store and see if there were any that weren't claimed. There weren't, but the sales associate said that there were 5 coming in Saturday AM. I was there at 9:00 and I was third in line.

The problem is I can't use it until my toe heals. I was going up to my daughter's room Friday night and my slipper fell off and I fell and sprained my toe. : ( I can't get my shoe on my left foot. When I went to pick up the Wii I put on a slip on shoe but that just made it worse and it swelled up more. OUCH! Anyway my son tried it and he was having a alot of fun with it.

I hope I can use it soon.

Eileen
/eileenhoupt

I just got one!!!

My Wal-Mart has 4 more in stock right now. I got a call that they were in & I raced out there 'cuz they wouldn't hold it for me. I got out there in time. :D

I visited a friend a couple weeks ago and they had a Wii. I've never been that interested in it because I know my husband would sort of frown at the idea. Then some other friends of ours that we were out with Friday night were talking more and more about it and now DH thinks it might be fun to get. And the more I hear about the Wii Fit stuff, I'd love that. Especially because I won't have the same workout routine this summer that I've enjoyed during the school year. So, now I"d love to get one, but the trick will be to find a Wii. Then Wii Fit. Oh well, we're in no hurry. I don't want to go the Ebay route though.

We have no video games except the little Leap Frog things that hook up to the tv and my son does have a Nintendo DS. I could really get into games, but DH has never been that into them. I played Wii golf at my friend's and it was SO fun! Although her 3 year old was doing better than me. So, now I"ll be on a quest to find it somewhere!!! I don't even want to know what my mii would look like on Wii Fit!!:eek: But that would be motivating! I did start working with a personal trainer about 2 months ago and lost 7.75 inches, but not much movement on the scale. That's ok, I'll take the inches!!

PampMomof3 said:

Where the heck did you find a Wii console for under $300.00?!?!?!?!

DH looked for weeks, and finally found one online, well the guy charged our card, and ran with the money- thankfully DH used his visa check card, so Wells Fargo went after the guy and didn't charge us a cent and reversed the original charge, and we still don't have a wii. :(

Kitchen Diva said:

DH looked for weeks, and finally found one online, well the guy charged our card, and ran with the money- thankfully DH used his visa check card, so Wells Fargo went after the guy and didn't charge us a cent and reversed the original charge, and we still don't have a wii. :(

I thought they were about $250 in the stores...what options were you getting?!?!?!

i'm so happy to read the great reviews for the wii fit. i had to remove the wii after DS had a bad report card in january and am itching to put it back. i do belong to a gym, but it's so much easier to xercise at home. i was silly not to preorder, so i'm on amazon's waiting list.

Wow - just looked at Walmart at their bundle - they make you buy 3 extra games and spend $500 for it! YIKES!

Kitchen Diva said:

I bought the wii for $250 at Christmas time but it's the wii fit that I just purchased. :) Today I bought the silicone cover and the rechargeable battery pack for it. Another $30 spent on it!;)

So what color cover did you get Kristi?

I only saw clear and pink online and I shopped late last night so I wanted to put my order in. I was going to go with pink but a-my boys would hate it and b-walmart didn't have the rechar battery pack in stock.

Circuit city had both and free in store pick up 24 minutes later! So I picked them up today. BUT when I went there, they had NOTHING for the wii fit! I'm super glad I did my shopping last night for it!!

Thanks for the feedback on the Wii Fit. DH and I have been hesitant to get the Wii for the kids, since we have XBox 360 and they each have a Nintendo DS. But, I love that you can work out with it, and that the kids exercise, too. This is going to have to be on my Christmas list this year, along with my Rock Band game for XBox! (Yep, I'm as big of a kid as my DH and boys! LOL!) ;)

My hubby has been asking for the Wii since Christmas as a bunch of our friends got them. We have played at friend's homes but I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that kind of money on one. When I heard about the Wii Fit I was sold. We were at the mall looking for a bathing suit (yuck,yuck) for our trip to Nj beach father's day week and Game Stop had a sign up that said "Wii have Wii's instock" <<<cute sign. Hubby looks at me with puppy eyes 'can we get it please?' We go in and they have Wii's in stock but no Wii fits. Hubby goes to our local BJs that night and they had like 50 in stock when he got there (he put one on hold at customer service while he finished his shopping). He said when he went to check out there were like 5 left. He also cut two rectangles out of cardboard for our girls (18 months and a 3 yr old) so they can do the step class and stuff with mommy on their 'own boards'. My 3yr old can play tennis, pitch for baseball and golf pretty well! This was a great investment for our family and I love that it keeps track of a goal for you and sets up tips to reach your goals.

Sorry to ramble :)

I want one now- even if my Wii-me is pudgie! The Wii's here are about $250-$275 and then you need one more controller, so it ends up being just above $300.00- So do you have to buy the Wii console to get the Wii fit, too?

the wii fit is a 'game' that you buy to go with your wii. Just like with Rockband or Guitar hero you are buying a game and a guitar (instrument) to use with your wii. We purchased the Wii console, a Wii Play bundle (came with 9games an extra numbchuck(sp?) and wii remote) and the wii fit. The wii console has a remote and one numbchuck (sp?) that comes with it.

Last edited:
chefmoseley said:
My hubby has been asking for the Wii since Christmas as a bunch of our friends got them. We have played at friend's homes but I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that kind of money on one. When I heard about the Wii Fit I was sold. We were at the mall looking for a bathing suit (yuck,yuck) for our trip to Nj beach father's day week and Game Stop had a sign up that said "Wii have Wii's instock" <<<cute sign. Hubby looks at me with puppy eyes 'can we get it please?' We go in and they have Wii's in stock but no Wii fits. Hubby goes to our local BJs that night and they had like 50 in stock when he got there (he put one on hold at customer service while he finished his shopping). He said when he went to check out there were like 5 left. He also cut two rectangles out of cardboard for our girls (18 months and a 3 yr old) so they can do the step class and stuff with mommy on their 'own boards'. My 3yr old can play tennis, pitch for baseball and golf pretty well! This was a great investment for our family and I love that it keeps track of a goal for you and sets up tips to reach your goals.

Sorry to ramble :)

That's AWESOME!! you won't regret that purchase! I promise!

I do have to report that when I laid down last night my ab muscles (I can't believe that I found some in there :blushing: ) were sore and my calves are letting me know that theyre not happy with me with every step I take!

WHen you play for so much time or you play enough of one activity, it unlocks new exercises for you. Yesterday, I got boxing and free step which is try and do 800 steps in 10 minutes. Yeah, that's why I'm feeling it today. Getting up and down off of the board, I think that will be a exercise that's done every other day!! :)

susanr613 said:
i'm so happy to read the great reviews for the wii fit. i had to remove the wii after DS had a bad report card in january and am itching to put it back. i do belong to a gym, but it's so much easier to xercise at home. i was silly not to preorder, so i'm on amazon's waiting list.

The great part is I know I need to work out but I can't pay the gym membership prices. So, I have this wii fit here and I can treat it as a game rather than a chore to do. I also don't have to pay the gas prices to get to the gym either. :) Have I mentioned how happy I am with the purchase? :p

chefmoseley said:
He also cut two rectangles out of cardboard for our girls (18 months and a 3 yr old) so they can do the step class and stuff with mommy on their 'own boards'. My 3yr old can play tennis, pitch for baseball and golf pretty well! :)

My dd is 3 but will be 4 in July and LOVES it! She plays it almost as much as I do. My boys really like it as well and enjoy the soccer and skiing/snowboarding ones!

PampMomof3 said:
My dd is 3 but will be 4 in July and LOVES it! She plays it almost as much as I do. My boys really like it as well and enjoy the soccer and skiing/snowboarding ones!
My 3 y.o. will be 4 in Sept, so they're pretty close in age. My son is almost 6 1/2 so I know he'd love the Wii. I just need to start looking for one.:D

<h2>1. How difficult is it to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski?</h2><p>It can be quite challenging to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski, as they are often sold out and in high demand. Some people have even resorted to purchasing them from third-party sellers at a higher price.</p><h2>2. How did you manage to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski?</h2><p>I was lucky enough to find one at Electronics Boutique by asking if they had any pre-sold items that were being released for sale. I also had to wait until UPS arrived to purchase the Wii Ski.</p><h2>3. Can you customize your goals on Wii Fit?</h2><p>Yes, you can set your own goals on Wii Fit. You can select how much weight you would like to lose and in what time frame. However, the game may suggest more realistic goals based on average weight loss rates.</p><h2>4. Can you unlock new games and exercises on Wii Fit?</h2><p>Yes, as you progress and invest more time into the game, you can unlock new games and exercises. This can provide a fun and challenging way to continue your fitness journey.</p><h2>5. What is your overall experience with Wii Fit?</h2><p>I am really enjoying Wii Fit so far. It provides a fun and interactive way to exercise, and I appreciate the personalized goals and progress tracking. I am determined to work off some weight and improve my overall health this summer with the help of Wii Fit.</p>

1. How difficult is it to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski?

It can be quite challenging to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski, as they are often sold out and in high demand. Some people have even resorted to purchasing them from third-party sellers at a higher price.

2. How did you manage to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski?

I was lucky enough to find one at Electronics Boutique by asking if they had any pre-sold items that were being released for sale. I also had to wait until UPS arrived to purchase the Wii Ski.

3. Can you customize your goals on Wii Fit?

Yes, you can set your own goals on Wii Fit. You can select how much weight you would like to lose and in what time frame. However, the game may suggest more realistic goals based on average weight loss rates.

4. Can you unlock new games and exercises on Wii Fit?

Yes, as you progress and invest more time into the game, you can unlock new games and exercises. This can provide a fun and challenging way to continue your fitness journey.

5. What is your overall experience with Wii Fit?

I am really enjoying Wii Fit so far. It provides a fun and interactive way to exercise, and I appreciate the personalized goals and progress tracking. I am determined to work off some weight and improve my overall health this summer with the help of Wii Fit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kodeysmom
Replies
Views
rennea
Replies
Views
gingertannery
Replies
Views