• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Wii Games Do You Have? Christmas Gift Dilemma!

In summary, the best games for the Wii are Mario games, specifically Galaxy. Other games that are fun include Carnival Games, Wii Play, and Wii Sports. Games that are not as good include Rapala, Chicken Shoot, Bee Movie, Sonic Secret Rings, Billy the Wizard, Sims 2 Pets, and Ninjabread Man. The Wii can be difficult to use for people with arm injuries, so it is important to read user reviews before purchasing. GameFly is a service that allows people to rent games instead of buying them.
ChefJoyJ
My parents got me a Wii for Christmas :love: and I'm so excited! They have one that I have played and I love Wii Sports (which comes with it, I know) and Big Brain Academy... but other than that, I just don't know. What games do you have for your Wii??

We just got our Wii this weekend. We have Happy Feet (pretty easy, and my favorite) Zelda (HD fav) Open Season (DS fav) and Mario Galaxy.
Does your arm hurt yet? The other games are a little easier on the sholders than the sports.

Is there a Wiija board for it? :confused:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Is there a Wiija board for it? :confused:

<GROAN> Not yet, but I'm SURE someone has already thought of that...

my kids love the Wii Carnival. It's a lot of fun. We have quite a few of them, but other than the Carnival one, I wouldn't recommend. I bought a bunch of "cheaper" games during xmas, and that's what I get. I got what I paid for. The games suck. They are: Rapala (fishing game), Chicken Shoot (that game is OK but got boring VERY quickly), Bee Movie (OK but not worth 50 bucks), Ninjabread Man(don't bother), Blazing Angels (boring as heck), Sonic Secret Rings (Ok, but not worth 50 bucks), BMX Challenge (boring), Billy the Wizard (WASTE OF MONEY), Sims 2 Pets (ok but just like any sims game, gets old quick) , and we got Wii Play (mainly because it came with a 40 dollar controller with the game, so basically paid ten bucks for the game) and the kids kinda like it but I wouldn't buy with if it hadn't come with the controller. I too got Wii elbow!;)The best games I hear are the Mario ones, especially galaxy. If anyone recommends some games, I would LOVE to hear them!!

Last edited:
Dh and the kids are nuts over Mario Galaxy
Carnival Games is great
Wii Play and Wii Sports are hits around here.
They got a Tony Hawk skateboarding one they've been happy with, too.

My kids are younger and we just got the rabbit game(maybe called Rabbids or something like that)...we all love it! You can shoot plungers at the trouble making rabbits/rabbids, you make them eat carrots and spit in cups(yeah pretty gross, but the kids love it!), drink soda and try for the loudest/longest burb...most of the stuff can be "gross" but the kids love it and there is a lot to choose from. It is very easy and my 4 yr old has no trouble playing it, and 4 people can play at the same time. The guy at the store helped me pick it out and I am so thankful!

I think from now on, I am going to rent the games before I buy them. I have been quite disappointed with the games actually. If you go to yahoo answers, you can see what others think are the best and worst games for it. I am a huge believer in user reviews!!!

DH also likes Mario Party 8 and Zelda he said to tell you.

missyciccolella said:
My kids are younger and we just got the rabbit game(maybe called Rabbids or something like that)...we all love it! You can shoot plungers at the trouble making rabbits/rabbids, you make them eat carrots and spit in cups(yeah pretty gross, but the kids love it!), drink soda and try for the loudest/longest burb...most of the stuff can be "gross" but the kids love it and there is a lot to choose from. It is very easy and my 4 yr old has no trouble playing it, and 4 people can play at the same time. The guy at the store helped me pick it out and I am so thankful!

it's Rayman Raving Rabbids, and I hear it's pretty fun. I might get that one next!

dannyzmom said:
DH also likes Mario Party 8 and Zelda he said to tell you.

Thanks!!! Now I just wish I knew what to do with the crappy one's I have!!!!!:p

There's a fun "cooking" game...can you write the game off if you get this game? LOL...not! ALWAYS looking for a write-off!

Smashie said:
it's Rayman Raving Rabbids, and I hear it's pretty fun. I might get that one next!
Yeah that is it! Thanks...It is a blast.

Smashie said:
Thanks!!! Now I just wish I knew what to do with the crappy one's I have!!!!!:p

Sell them to a place that buys used games... gamestop is one.

And Game fly is like Netflix except for games. We used it last year to test a game or too.

We have the rayman raving rabbits and it is so fun. We also have the carnival game and we love that one too. The other that we have is Thrillville. My son love it. I haven't played it yet.

My son begged for Madden 08 for WII but I had read some reviews that the WII version sucked. I rented it for him and he agreed. Now he wants to rent Smackdown vs Raw 2008 and see how it is. I heard it sucked for WII also. I'm definitely going to check out some of the other games you mentioned.

My kids absolutely love Super Mario Galaxy, wii sports, wii play and the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

They also have the Cars Mater National, Spiderman 3, Zack & Wiki & Links Crossbow and Training. They play these ones but they choose to play the top ones first.

We are very happy with the Wii and my kids are 3,5 and 7. My 3 yr old loves to bowl with me. :D The next game we are purchasing is the Carnival game and they Rayman Raving Rabbids.

Kitchen2u said:
There's a fun "cooking" game...can you write the game off if you get this game? LOL...not! ALWAYS looking for a write-off!

But if you used it at a meeting.......

A friend of my 10 year old DS has the cooking game. I told him we should have her over so I can play it.
Anyway, my 12 year old loves the Madden game, but this is the first console we've ever owned other than Game Boy. We have Mario Sonic Olympics and they have fun with it. They have Thrillville and enjoy it. I like Wii Sports for tennis and bowling, but I'm a P.E. teacher and coach. I don't like how you actually don't do well if you use proper form, and you can do great when using terrible form. Some of the "moves" my kids are doing are actually bad for their joints and ligaments. They tell me their arm or shoulder hurts. For how expensive these games cost, I'm a little disappointed in the graphics and the entertainment value. My boys are 12 and 10, and they seem to find a lot more to do with each game the more they play. We only buy games with E ratings. Apparently you can go online and purchase games for very little money, like $5 or so for DonkeyKing and other games. Not sure where to do this, but I'm sure my kids know.

backyard baseball---my sons love----guitar hero and dance dance is fun----

I may buy Dance Dance Revolution because I want to play it. Is it like the ones at the video game places (arcades or whatever)?

you have to dance out the steps----lots of fun----

My DH and I got a WII for Christmas too... we have Mario Glaxey, Mario Party 8, WII sports, WII play, Big Brain Acdemy, Disney Three princess, Mario and Sonic Olympic Games!! And my arm hurts but its fun!!!

Has anyone tried Dancing with the Stars?

MORFIA said:
backyard baseball---my sons love----guitar hero and dance dance is fun----

We have Backyard Baseball on the Playstation and on the Gameboys...I bet my guys would love it for the Wii. They also want Guitar Hero but we haven't gotten that one yet.
I want the High School Musical one! LOL

We have the Guitar Hero II and III for the 360 and LOVE IT!!:D

PampMomof3 said:
We have the Guitar Hero II and III for the 360 and LOVE IT!!:D

Ditto here too! We had Guitar Hero 3 with the guitar that my DS bought in November with his own $ and then his uncle bought him a combo pack of 1 & 2 for Christmas so we now have all three! LOVE them! :D

LOVE Carnival Games and Guitar Hero III and a bowling game (can't remember the name). They're all fun. Best "investment" we've made.....the Wii is an awesome family activity that we can all do together.

We have Boogie. If you like to karaoke, you'll like that one. My favorite so far is the carnival.....I'm good at it. The boxing leaves my muscles hurting! Shows how outta shape I am! I'd like to try Mario and I heard that ZELDA is good too. I used to play that on the first Nintendo station so I think I'd like to try that one! We camped out on Black Friday to get the Wii. From 10 pm to 7 am at a Game stop here in Ohio. It was snowing like crazy that night! We made it through and bought 2 systems....made a little off of the second one. So it paid for our time in line and no sleep!

Okay so can you tell me how you guys all got your Wii. I am trying to find one for my son for his birthday in March. All the stores say you need to be in the right place at the right time. We went to several stores and called a few over the weekend and most of them say they don't know when they are coming in and they put them out that day and they are gone soon after. Unless I go to Target or Walmart everyday all day am I going to find one?

I am so frustrated, I don't know what else to do.

Chef Michelle D said:
Okay so can you tell me how you guys all got your Wii. I am trying to find one for my son for his birthday in March. All the stores say you need to be in the right place at the right time. We went to several stores and called a few over the weekend and most of them say they don't know when they are coming in and they put them out that day and they are gone soon after. Unless I go to Target or Walmart everyday all day am I going to find one?

I am so frustrated, I don't know what else to do.

We wanted one last year for Christmas (Christmas 2006) - but knew there was no way - and I wasn't spending more than retail. So we figured we would be able to get sometime in January - that's usually how it works with those hot Christmas items each year....
So last year we started looking in January...February...March - NO LUCK!

Everytime we were ANYWHERE that could sell a wii, we always made a trip to electronics and asked! It actually became a joke between DH and I. We thought it was pointless and it got to be a game. Then one night we were in either Walmart or Target - and of course we had to ask and the sales guy said "Sure, I think we have one back on the shelf." I actually thought the sales guy was kidding with me and I didn't believe him until he went and got it. That was April last year. It took us 4 months but we have it, did not pay a dime more than retail and we LOVE IT!

Good luck - keep trying - the wii is worth it!

It was completely the right place at the right time. We were at Target one day and right under the sign that said they were sold out where two Wii systems. We would have bought one each (DH and I) but the store manager came up as they were opening the case and grabbed the other for another customer.

1. What are the most popular Wii games?

The most popular Wii games include Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii Fit, and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

2. Are there any Wii games that are good for parties or large groups?

Yes, there are several Wii games that are great for parties or large groups. Some popular options include Wii Party, Just Dance, and Mario Party 9.

3. Are there any Wii games that are good for families to play together?

Absolutely! Many Wii games are designed for families to play together, such as Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Wii Party. There are also many family-friendly options in popular game series, such as Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros.

4. Are there any Wii games that are good for exercise or fitness?

Yes, Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus are specifically designed for fitness and exercise. Other popular options include Just Dance and Zumba Fitness.

5. Are there any Wii games that are good for younger children?

Yes, there are many Wii games that are appropriate for younger children. Some popular choices include Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Disney's Epic Mickey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kodeysmom
  • flemings99
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies