• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wii Fit......i Got It and Love It!

In summary, Erin's husband was out Thursday night trying to locate a Wii Fit and could not find one. Erin went to Electronics Boutique at the mall and was the second person in line. She asked the store employee if they had any more Wii Fit's for sale. The store employee said no, but the phone rang and it was a woman releasing her pre-order Wii Fit. Erin paid for the Wii Fit and the store employee gave her the Wii Fit. Erin and her children started playing the Wii Fit last night and it does a body analysis on you and the only thing you type in is your birthdate and height. The Wii Fit says that the average weight loss is 3 pounds per
pamperedbecky said:
My 3 y.o. will be 4 in Sept, so they're pretty close in age. My son is almost 6 1/2 so I know he'd love the Wii. I just need to start looking for one.:D

My SD went to EB yesterday and they had some in stock so they bought one. Now she's on the hunt for a Wii Fit. ;)

Good Luck Becky! You should be able to find one! If not, tell Vinnie that I"m up for a shopping challenge for you guys!!

I just finished 45 minutes for the day so off to clean before my pool party. I've been doing jack knifes everyday and my abs feel it! I should take a measurement around my hips and stuff to see what difference it's making there.

PampMomof3 said:
My SD went to EB yesterday and they had some in stock so they bought one. Now she's on the hunt for a Wii Fit. ;)

Good Luck Becky! You should be able to find one! If not, tell Vinnie that I"m up for a shopping challenge for you guys!!

I just finished 45 minutes for the day so off to clean before my pool party. I've been doing jack knifes everyday and my abs feel it! I should take a measurement around my hips and stuff to see what difference it's making there.
Definitely take some measurements!! That's the most amazing thing to see the inches come off. After 6 weeks with a personal trainer, my scale didn't show much (I started doing weights which I hadn't done probably since high school so hopefully it's because I gained muscle), but the measurements sure changed (7.75 inches lost from various parts). So, I highly recommend that.:D What a fun way to get some exercise! Have a great party!

I'll be on the hunt for a Wii....if I don't have luck I'll tell Vinnie that you'll scout one out for us.:D :D Thanks!

So wii fit... does it actually let you do exercises, or only calculate weight, bmi, etc? I am wondering what it really does. Does it choose exercises for you, design a workout for you? What makes this so cool and expensive! I have the wii and have heard about wii fit, but I am soooooo out of the loop!

bsaxman said:
So wii fit... does it actually let you do exercises, or only calculate weight, bmi, etc? I am wondering what it really does. Does it choose exercises for you, design a workout for you? What makes this so cool and expensive! I have the wii and have heard about wii fit, but I am soooooo out of the loop!

it lets you do excercises and calcuates your weight and bmi.

You choose what you want to do and for how long unless you choose a timed excercise. Like super hula hoop is for 3 mins but I unlocked it for 6 mins. Running, short or long distance. Lots of examples (trying to keep typing to a min w/my cut finger :( sorry) but you can choose just to do yoga one day, move to strength training the next or mix it up. I mix it up so it's fun for me and do at LEAST 30 mins each day. It's working for me.

I hope I answered your questions, if not, ask more!!

Off to a pool party!

I'm loving it too. I have pudgey mii - but I'm determined to make it go away!! :D I love being able to do the exercising at home & still be able to keep track of my goals & changes. I also love that I don't have to find something to do with the kids while I'm exercising.

I'm really loving the hula (super, too) and the ski jumps. My calves are screaming & so are the muscles under my shoulder blades! It's a good thing, though. I'm so thrilled with it!

When we bought the wii a game pack called wii sports came with it. It has tennis, bowling, baseball, golf and something else. I really wish tennis and baseball would count towards my wii fit goals :) I know that it helps with the weight loss and change in bmi but it is not included in your 'workout minutes'. It makes sense because hubby moves a lot less than I do when playing tennis and baseball. He keeps saying he's going to video tape me because 'I'm all over the court!'. I agree this was a great purchase :)

Well, after reading more about the Wii here and hearing friends talk about it, I decided my mission this week was to find one!! I'd also love the Wii Fit. So, I had about an extra 30 minutes this morning between working out at the health club and going to pick DD up at preschool. I thought I'd start at Target. Imagine my surprise when they had a Wii!! They actually had a bunch. So, I picked one up, along with the Wii Play (right - that's what it's called, right? with the extra controller). No Wii Fit. I tried Walmart and Best Buy for those and neither of those place had the Wii Fit NOR the Wii. So I'm really glad I found the ones at Target. Woo hoo! Now to decide when to break it open and let the kids know I bought it. Maybe I'll make it an "end of the school year treat" or something like that. I told DH he can decide which of his tv's he wants it hooked up to. The two biggest tv's are his "babies" and he's never wanted anything like games hooked into them. But it would be SOOO cool on the one in the basement because it's a big HD DLP (??) or something like that.

I may break it out tonight after the kids go to bed, then unhook it until we give it to them.:D Now I just have to find a Wii Fit. I must've hit Target at just the right time! I'm sure I"ll be addicted in no time.:p

Well, I got myself excited after trying the wii fit at a local fair. I called around lastnight and found a place where I could purchase the Wii as well as the Wii fit. They had 2 in stock at closing.
I went in this morning. Drove an hour. Got there and held the door open for my DD and some rude women pushes past her to get in the door. Come to find out she got in and got the Wii 2 seconds before I got the chance to ask for it.

Grrrrrrrr. Now I can not find this system anyhwhere....

Becky0216 said:
Well, I got myself excited after trying the wii fit at a local fair. I called around lastnight and found a place where I could purchase the Wii as well as the Wii fit. They had 2 in stock at closing.
I went in this morning. Drove an hour. Got there and held the door open for my DD and some rude women pushes past her to get in the door. Come to find out she got in and got the Wii 2 seconds before I got the chance to ask for it.

Grrrrrrrr. Now I can not find this system anyhwhere....

That would be VERY tempting not to say something to her!

I did say something to her. I told her she was very rude to push past a 3 year old just to buy a gaming system. I also said why would you assume I was holding the door for you when my toddler was trying to get past, I had the door with one arm and a baby carrier in the other. She just huffed and said, I was in a hurry to pick something up.

OMG... I was like, yeah me too. I drove an hour to pick it up and you just cut in front of me. She said maybe you will have better luck next time.

I am so mad, but I was not going to make a scene in front on my kids. thats the last thing I want them to learn.

Becky0216 said:
I did say something to her. I told her she was very rude to push past a 3 year old just to buy a gaming system. I also said why would you assume I was holding the door for you when my toddler was trying to get past, I had the door with one arm and a baby carrier in the other. She just huffed and said, I was in a hurry to pick something up.

OMG... I was like, yeah me too. I drove an hour to pick it up and you just cut in front of me. She said maybe you will have better luck next time.

I am so mad, but I was not going to make a scene in front on my kids. thats the last thing I want them to learn.

Oh Becky that stinks. I'm so sorry!:( :( :( Rude people, its' in their nature to get that way. Good Luck on your quest. :)

Becky G~That's AWESOME!! Your really will LOVE it and I know you so you'll LOVE the Wii Fit. Tell Vinnie that Anthony was on it last night and did his test. He's really happy with the purchase!:love:

For those of you that have it, are you finding the news reports true about your children? They say that they are labeling healthy kids as overweight or obese. Anyone having this trouble?

Nope, I have "skinny Minnies" still.Of course, I have some real issues with what they currently say is "normal" cholesterol!

krzymomof4 said:
For those of you that have it, are you finding the news reports true about your children? They say that they are labeling healthy kids as overweight or obese. Anyone having this trouble?

Yes but only one. My 7 year old is not overweight at all but is thick from muscles. He was told that he's 5 lbs overweight but we're not taking it to heart.

PampMomof3 said:
Yes but only one. My 7 year old is not overweight at all but is thick from muscles. He was told that he's 5 lbs overweight but we're not taking it to heart.

Just tell the pediatrician that muscle weighs more than fat and their charts are made for fat people not muscular ones. He-he...

janetupnorth said:
Just tell the pediatrician that muscle weighs more than fat and their charts are made for fat people not muscular ones. He-he...

It's not even the pediatrician! It's the wii fit!!

You can get wii's on ebay with 2 remotes plus 2 nunchuks (sp??) the 5 sport games and sometimes an exta 9 games from $300 -$450. They also have the wii fit on there but they are going for around $150.

Has anyone bought their wii of ebay? I am thinking I am going to get a wii for my hubby for Father's Day from the kiddo's.

I might be able to get a few extra today (of both). Let me see what I can do & I'll report back.

Taget.com has wii fit's in stock for 89.99. You can also buy the Wii Fit bundle for $399 which includes the following and you can only get it on Target.com:

This Only at Target bundle comes with the Nintendo Wii Console which includes Wii Sports, a sensor bar, an AV cable, a Wii stand, a Wii Remote and a Nunchuk controller for even more exciting game-control possibilities. Wii Fit: Get fit with over 40 activities and exercises, including strength training, aerobics, yoga and balance games. Challenge your family and friends to get in shape. Create your own personal profile and set goals, test your balance, track your progress with daily workouts and unlock new exercises and activities. DreamGear 7-in-1 Player's Kit includes a tennis racket attachment, golf club attachment, component video cable, controller charger, racing wheel, baseball bat attachment and a rechargeable battery pack.

Is this a good buy? I know nothing about the wii and the game system. I know I just want one. My hubby was actually talking about it this weekend and I said no, why do we need that. But then I read about wii fit and now I want one.

Last edited:
cookinmama said:
Taget.com has wii fit's in stock for 89.99. You can also buy the Wii Fit bundle for $399 which includes the following and you can only get it on Target.com:

This Only at Target bundle comes with the Nintendo Wii Console which includes Wii Sports, a sensor bar, an AV cable, a Wii stand, a Wii Remote and a Nunchuk controller for even more exciting game-control possibilities. Wii Fit: Get fit with over 40 activities and exercises, including strength training, aerobics, yoga and balance games. Challenge your family and friends to get in shape. Create your own personal profile and set goals, test your balance, track your progress with daily workouts and unlock new exercises and activities. DreamGear 7-in-1 Player's Kit includes a tennis racket attachment, golf club attachment, component video cable, controller charger, racing wheel, baseball bat attachment and a rechargeable battery pack.

Is this a good buy? I know nothing about the wii and the game system. I know I just want one. My hubby was actually talking about it this weekend and I said no, why do we need that. But then I read about wii fit and now I want one.

I think the wii fit bundle for $399 is a great buy! I would snatch one up!

I just went to target.com and am not finding what you're talking about. Can you pm me the link please?

I finally made the decision to get one and they are sold out. I am going to keep checking and hopefully they will come back.

We decided too close to Christmas that it was finally time to cave in and get a Wii. My husband has been waiting since our almost 7 year old son was born to get a game system and I had managed to hold him off for this long...

Of course, by then it was impossible to find one. We finally got it in March and I have to say we all love it - especially our son.

I really need the exercise and would love to find the Wii Fit - but so far it is sold out everywhere and I don't want to pay double for it on ebay. So I guess I'll have to be patient again and hopefully we'll find one before the summer is over!

I do have a question for those of you that have Wii Fit already - do you think it matters how even or level your floor is?

Our wii is in the basement and our floor isn't totally level - I'm wondering if it would mess up the readings or not.

Probably a silly question, but would hate to get it and then not have it work right!

woohoo, now I just need to find the wii fit. I got a Wii today. I called Target and the sales assoc. said he just got a delivery of them. He had 25. I got there in one hour and he only had 4 left. I am so happy I made it in enough time.

Now how long will it take me to get a Wii Fit? I should have got it yesterday when I went to the other store. They sold their last Wii but had TONS of Wii Fits.

Can't wait. Thatnk for getting me so set on buying this system:)

pamperedval said:
I do have a question for those of you that have Wii Fit already - do you think it matters how even or level your floor is?

Our wii is in the basement and our floor isn't totally level - I'm wondering if it would mess up the readings or not.

Probably a silly question, but would hate to get it and then not have it work right!

It should be fine b/c it comes with 4 extra extenders for carpet or high floors. i'm thinking that you should be able to only add 2 if its that uneven.

Becky0216 said:
woohoo, now I just need to find the wii fit. I got a Wii today. I called Target and the sales assoc. said he just got a delivery of them. He had 25. I got there in one hour and he only had 4 left. I am so happy I made it in enough time.

Now how long will it take me to get a Wii Fit? I should have got it yesterday when I went to the other store. They sold their last Wii but had TONS of Wii Fits.

Can't wait. Thatnk for getting me so set on buying this system:)

How much was your wii at Target. And did you just get the basic or was it bundled?

Kitchen Diva said:
That was too funny! :)

And I build muscle really fast, so that thing would have me at 45% BMI and 102 years old! :) LOL

My brother mentioned that clip today and it made me think of Kristi and her son so I had him e-mail it to me! ;)

I was really tempted to find a way to buy a Wii after reading all this but then some more "emergencies" came up in our family - dental and vehicle repairs so I know as fun as it may be, it isn't meant to be at this time.

I will have to enjoy watching everyone else have fun! (Which is fun too!)

cookinmama said:
How much was your wii at Target. And did you just get the basic or was it bundled?
I got mine at Target on Tuesday (just the regular Wii box) for $249.99. I also got the Wii Play which has an extra controller and a bunch more games for $49.99. Just getting an extra controller was $39.99 at Target, so I got the extra little pack.

I haven't even opened anything yet. I was going to do it last night after the kid went to bed, but had too many phone calls and a show to close out. I didn't want to give it to the kids until next week. I can't wait! Maybe I'll read up on it tonight. Now just to find a Wii Fit and I'll be all set.:D

I paid 249.99 at Target as well. No bundle. Then bought the Wii Play for the extra controller.

We are right now in the search for one. Trying to decide if we are going to do just the console and buy rest of things seperate or buy a bundle. Kmart.com has some in stock right now-just the console. Plus I have been bidding on ebay.

My sister called me and said, I just bought a Wii and a Wii fit! I'm so excited!! SO, it still can be done!!:D

PampMomof3 said:
Hi hear ya Erin! I'm embarrassed as well, the only we don't have is any Playstation but have everything else. It's probably easier to list that way!:eek:

Well I just finished 30 minutes of excercising and lost .9 lbs from yesterday and lost .14 BMI. Im stoked with those results and I know it's not from the clothes b/c they're the same I wore last night when I worked out!:p (does that give it away that I'm still in my jammies?):blushing:

So that list went up last Thursday...I bought a Wii! My kids are thrilled!! LOL!! No Wii Fit yet but we are keeping our eyes peeled.......

PampMomof3 said:
My sister called me and said, I just bought a Wii and a Wii fit! I'm so excited!! SO, it still can be done!!:D

Got one from our local Walmart. Go to itracker.com and you can track just about anything. You put in what you are looking for and the zip code and it searches for inventory in local stores. It searched and found Wii's in 8/18 of walmarts within 45 miles of me. So we called and my husband went to the closest one and picked it up. Ordered Wii fit from Circuit City and will be here this week.
So far we are absolutely loving our Wii and my body hurts!!!

Kodeysmom said:
Got one from our local Walmart. Go to itracker.com and you can track just about anything. You put in what you are looking for and the zip code and it searches for inventory in local stores.

I went to itracker.com but can't find any place to put in my zip or what I'm looking for. Where do you find that? We really want to get the Wii Fit but haven't had any luck finding one yet. I don't have the energy to go looking for one!!

TRU says out of stock.
Is this itracker something you pay for?

Becky0216 said:
TRU says out of stock.

Really? Earlier today they were in stock - yikes!

I just checked again - seriously they were available when I posted that!!!!

So... today was my second official day of havin wii fit and I lost 1.3lbs since yesterday! I love how easy it is to do 30mins of exercise! Plus watching my DH hula hoop is the funniest thing I have ever seen! LOL

itracker
Becky0216 said:
TRU says out of stock.
it took me forever to figure it out. You have to create an account, then click on retail category, go to bottom of dropdown and click on video games. Then you have to search for wii fit, then you add that to your tracker and then you should be able to search by zip code. Hope this helps, if not post again or give me your zip code and i will see if I can get it to work.

I asked for Wii and Wii Fit for my birthday coming up and I think I'm going to get them! I can't wait!!!

I STILL haven't hooked mine up! This week I was planning to do it and let the kids know I bought it. Of course now that the kids are out of school, sneaking off to buy a Wii Fit if I can find it might be kind of hard.

I can't wait to hook it up. I have had no free time to do it. Plus I wanted to play it a little before I tell the kids.:) That means it would have to be done at night.

I'll still be searching for a Wii Fit this week!

Kodeysmom said:
it took me forever to figure it out. You have to create an account, then click on retail category, go to bottom of dropdown and click on video games. Then you have to search for wii fit, then you add that to your tracker and then you should be able to search by zip code. Hope this helps, if not post again or give me your zip code and i will see if I can get it to work.

I can't find a place to create an account other than download the software and call for a PW. Is that what you did?

Becky0216 said:
I can't find a place to create an account other than download the software and call for a PW. Is that what you did?

good gracious, no. Would help if i gave you the right website. Duh!!! Sorry,
iTrackr
Maybe this will help!!!

thanks, got it. But when I look for wii fit no stores even come up to show in stock or not.

<h2>1. How difficult is it to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski?</h2><p>It can be quite challenging to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski, as they are often sold out and in high demand. Some people have even resorted to purchasing them from third-party sellers at a higher price.</p><h2>2. How did you manage to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski?</h2><p>I was lucky enough to find one at Electronics Boutique by asking if they had any pre-sold items that were being released for sale. I also had to wait until UPS arrived to purchase the Wii Ski.</p><h2>3. Can you customize your goals on Wii Fit?</h2><p>Yes, you can set your own goals on Wii Fit. You can select how much weight you would like to lose and in what time frame. However, the game may suggest more realistic goals based on average weight loss rates.</p><h2>4. Can you unlock new games and exercises on Wii Fit?</h2><p>Yes, as you progress and invest more time into the game, you can unlock new games and exercises. This can provide a fun and challenging way to continue your fitness journey.</p><h2>5. What is your overall experience with Wii Fit?</h2><p>I am really enjoying Wii Fit so far. It provides a fun and interactive way to exercise, and I appreciate the personalized goals and progress tracking. I am determined to work off some weight and improve my overall health this summer with the help of Wii Fit.</p>

1. How difficult is it to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski?

It can be quite challenging to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski, as they are often sold out and in high demand. Some people have even resorted to purchasing them from third-party sellers at a higher price.

2. How did you manage to find a Wii Fit and Wii Ski?

I was lucky enough to find one at Electronics Boutique by asking if they had any pre-sold items that were being released for sale. I also had to wait until UPS arrived to purchase the Wii Ski.

3. Can you customize your goals on Wii Fit?

Yes, you can set your own goals on Wii Fit. You can select how much weight you would like to lose and in what time frame. However, the game may suggest more realistic goals based on average weight loss rates.

4. Can you unlock new games and exercises on Wii Fit?

Yes, as you progress and invest more time into the game, you can unlock new games and exercises. This can provide a fun and challenging way to continue your fitness journey.

5. What is your overall experience with Wii Fit?

I am really enjoying Wii Fit so far. It provides a fun and interactive way to exercise, and I appreciate the personalized goals and progress tracking. I am determined to work off some weight and improve my overall health this summer with the help of Wii Fit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kodeysmom
Replies
Views
rennea
Replies
Views
gingertannery
Replies
Views