• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do I Need to Buy for My Children's New Wii? A Guide for Parents

In summary, a conversation about buying a Wii for Christmas and what additional items may be needed to use it was discussed. The system comes with all necessary cords, but only one controller and one numchuk. It is suggested to purchase additional controllers and games, potentially from a store like GameStop that offers a Buy Two Get One Free deal on used items. The use of batteries and potential need for rechargeable batteries or a charging system is also mentioned. It is noted that a bundle at Best Buy may be a good deal for purchasing an extra controller and games, and some advice is given to not buy from GameStop due to their typically higher prices.
amy07
Last night I got a message from my Dad & stepmom that they bought my children a Wii for Christmas. I was shocked! I think it is way to expensive but they reasoned that instead of having a lot of little gifts that it would be a good family gift that would last (hopefully).

So, what will I need to buy so that they can play this system? Do I need any special adapters to hook it up to our TV (old). What about those hand controls I see on TV? Does it come with atleast 1 of each? I'm going to be going to GameStop today to check out some games and such. Any advice. My children are 9(DS), &5 (DD & DS).

I honestly never really looked at it because I wouldn't spend that much $$. BUt now that I know its coming, I'm excited. :D

The system comes with all the cords you need to connect to your TV, but it only comes with one controller and one numchuk. If your kids will want to be playing head to head, you'll need more than one controller. It does come with games, but they are generic games like bowling and golf. If you're heading to GameStop, ask about their used controllers. You can save a few dollars on multiples that way, plus, they have a BTGO (Buy Two Get One Free) Sale on used games and accessories. I highly recommend the used games since they have a longer store warranty (30 days vs 7 days on new).

How many people do you anticipate will want to play? I have 3 kids who are old enough to play, so we have 3 controllers. (the one that came with it, and then 2 extra ones-thanks to Grandma) We are going to buy one more though, because when they have a friend over, they want to play also. (This is applying of course to the games that allow multiple players at one time-like Mario Kart.) You'll need batteries. You may want to get rechargeable ones. My kids have had the Wii since Nov. 15th and we need to replace all the batteries already. (my kids play a lot though, and us adults too) :) You can also buy a recharging system for the remotes so that you won't have to deal with the battery thing. I'm going to be looking into that, I think.

babywings76 said:
You can also buy a recharging system for the remotes so that you won't have to deal with the battery thing. I'm going to be looking into that, I think.

We have that and it is well worth it.

We have quite a few games, yet we still play the Sports one that came with it - ALOT!!!

thanks for the tips!

I got a bundle at Best Buy that's an extra controller and 9 games for $50. So now we have two controllers, 1 nunchuck. I am thinking of buying the charger too but my house is 50 years old and we have so few wall plugs (less than 1 per wall per room) that I think I'll wait on that. But Ithought the bundle with the extra controller was a good deal and my dd (who is 23 and LOVES to play Wii) says the games that it comes with are pretty good.

From my experience Game Stop is over priced. You would probably be better off getting games/accessories at Target or Walmart

What Will I Need to Buy?

1. What are the essential tools for a beginner cook?

As a beginner cook, there are a few essential tools that will make your cooking experience easier and more enjoyable. These include a good quality chef's knife, a cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a set of mixing bowls, a whisk, and a non-stick pan.

2. Do I need to buy all the products from Pampered Chef to be successful in the kitchen?

No, you do not need to buy all of our products to be successful in the kitchen. Our products are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier, but you can certainly use your own tools and still achieve great results.

3. Are there any specific products that are a must-have for every kitchen?

Yes, there are a few products that we highly recommend for every kitchen. These include our Food Chopper, Garlic Press, and Flexible Cutting Mats. These versatile tools will save you time and effort in the kitchen.

4. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products online or do I have to attend a party?

Yes, you can purchase our products online through our website. However, we highly recommend attending a party so you can see our products in action and learn tips and tricks from our consultants.

5. How can I find out about new product releases and special promotions?

The best way to stay updated on new product releases and special promotions is by signing up for our email newsletter. You can also follow us on social media for the latest updates and news.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
Replies
Views