• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I allow disruptive children at my cluster meetings?

In summary, the conversation discusses a husband and wife team who struggle financially and often attend cluster meetings with their young son. However, the child's behavior causes disruptions and the group is unable to focus on the meeting. Suggestions such as finding a babysitter or having the child's pre-teen siblings watch him have been offered, but to no avail. It is ultimately suggested that the husband receive individual training via phone to prevent further disruptions at meetings.
Nanisu
Gold Member
Cluster meeting advice--kinda longI have a husband and wife team on my team. Both of them barely stay alive with PC. They live kind of far away by Southern CA standards, about 30 miles. One or the other usually come to the meeting. Usually it's the husband. They are really struggling financially, and I think the husband honestly is a little depressed. HERE IS THE ISSUE. Every time he comes to the meetings he brings his son, who is not quite 2. The wife works late, so she cannot watch the little guy. The problem is, the little guy is a holy terror. The dad never brings toys for him. I have some things, my son was a lego freak in his younger days and we still have lots of legos. I have tons of kids videos (every veggie tales there is), but the kid won't watch them. He spends the entire meeting destroying my house, running and screaming, while the dad basically goes to him and says ""_______, no" with no follow through or anything.

Last nights' meeting was a disaster--the entire cluster spent the whole time "rescuing" things from this kid. He had his hands on stuff, the tools in his mouth (complete with runny nose), he threw about 500 legos around my house--thank God I left the dogs outside. I have never had consultants bring kids to meetings--ever--so this has never been an issue. No one got anything out of the meeting last night because they were all chasing him down or feeling sorry for me because I was chasing him down. The dad is so overwhelmed I feel sorry for him. But I'm also annoyed that he can't control his kid.

I know if I suggest to him that they get a sitter 1) they can't afford it, and 2) They will both go inactive because they won't come to my meetings or anyone else's (yes I offered to get them hospitality closer to their home--no go). I so want to encourage him (them) to keep their business going and I know that meetings do keep them going, but it is so not fair to the rest of the group to come to a meeting and get nothing out of it. But I just can't let this kid come. I have let other consultants come that have older children (preteens), but they are well behaved and often contribute ideas to the meetings. I have a lot of single parents in my group. I thought of having the pre-teens watch the little guy, but where? My house is not that big.

I'm very frustrated about this whole thing. Suggestions?

Nancy

I personally have a no child policy at my meeting. This is a business meeting and the disruptions are not fair to the others attending.

Since the parents cannot afford a babysitter, perhaps they could work with other parents to do babysitting swaps.

Good luck!

Yeah, I suggested that, too. No luck. So I am close to asking them to not bring him, even if it means they can't attend.

Is offerring him an individual alternative an option? Since their money is tight and gas is so friggin' expensive these days, would he be open to special one-on-one training via phone? (Could he attend the regular meetings via speaker phone or skype?)
It simply isn't fair to the other consultants that they lose out on the training you've planned.

OOH, that's a great idea! Then I could do a conference call thing with both he and his wife at the same time!

watched it last night, great mafia style film!

1. What is "American Gangster" about?

"American Gangster" is a biographical crime drama film based on the true story of Frank Lucas, a drug lord in Harlem during the 1960s and 1970s. It follows his rise to power and his eventual downfall.

2. Who stars in "American Gangster"?

The film stars Denzel Washington as Frank Lucas and Russell Crowe as Richie Roberts, the detective who brings him down. Other notable cast members include Chiwetel Ejiofor, Cuba Gooding Jr., and Josh Brolin.

3. Is "American Gangster" based on a true story?

Yes, "American Gangster" is based on the true story of Frank Lucas. The film also incorporates real-life events and figures from the era, such as the Vietnam War and New York City detective Richie Roberts.

4. When was "American Gangster" released?

The film was released in the United States on November 2, 2007. It received positive reviews and was a commercial success, grossing over $266 million worldwide.

5. Is "American Gangster" appropriate for all ages?

No, "American Gangster" is rated R for violence, drug content, strong language, and brief nudity. It is not recommended for children or younger audiences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
  • lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
scottcooks