• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You "On Your Own" or Do You Meet With Other Consultants?

In summary, the consultant is looking for advice on how to balance work and home life. They think that it is worth going to the monthly meetings, but are worried about missing them if their husband is at home. They also think that it is important to attend the meetings when they can, and are excited about the new online training that has been made available.
ms_twana
I'm just curious to know if anyone is kind of "own their own." I'm a newbie Consultant. My Director has Team meetings and New Consultant meetings monthly, however, I may not be able to attend them. I have children, and the meetings are not kid friendly. If my husband is at home, and not working, then it'll be fine. But if he's not, then I can't go. So, what do I do? Will I be okay if I can't attend these meetings on a regular basis??

Honestly, Tawna, I go to my meetings and I do get value from them, but I have gotten so much from this site. It seems like there are other people here for whom Chef Success is the primary support. But I do like face to face contact, and I think I will benefit if I can team up with other consultants to watch their shows, and share products etc. So I think it's worth going to the meetings when you can, but try not to stress if you can't. You might want to ask your Director if there are alternatives to her meeting that might be at a time after your husband is home from work. Also if you ask her advice she'll see you are motivated and trying, not just "skipping the meetings."

I'm on my own and have been for 12 and half years. My director is 5 hrs away and the closest hospitality director is 2 hrs. I have signed 7 people on as consultants and they last 6 - 12 months and then move on. Life happens....
I have a new recruit that has done her 4th show and sold over $2000 and lives 45 mins away. Hopefully she will still be with me after the new year...again life happens ...:) My director holds the monthly meeting on a Monday night at 7 pm and I don't thinking driving for 5 hrs one way for a 2 hr meeting is a great idea. the other meeting is on a Wed night...same 2 hr meeting time frame. I do my shows Mon/Tue/Wes/Thurs nights and have just done things my way. 7 pm start time and home most nights by 10. average 6 shows a month plus full time daily daycare Nanna to 4 grandchildren /cashcrop farming and co owner/office manager of a construction company.
This site has been a blessing. So many people to share ideas and to support one another. You will be ok if you miss a few meetings because we can help you...

I went to my director's meeting until she moved 6 hours away then I started holding my own - as a future director (now known as TL). My current director lives in TX. I miss going to meetings for MY enrichment and to have more ideas to share at my meetings but at least my director is there as I need her. I have tried to get hospitality but there isn't anyone less than an hour away and those meetings are at times I have other commitments.

Go when you can but don't worry if you can't make it. I don't know if I have ever even met my director. I signed under a director, she eventually quit so I went to her director who eventually stepped back her business and lost directorship, so now I am under my advance director. She has always lived hours away from me.

I have known four different hospitality directors because I move quite a bit. Right now I haven't been to a meeting since February and I'm looking forward to making it to another one but I still work my business and go it on my own.

The company has fantastic online training now - use it as much as possable.

And you always have us ;)

I am a big believer in attending meetings. However, I can't say that it's essential to having a successful PC business. Read what's sent from the HO. Do the online training. Ask questions here. Don't hesitate to call your recruiter or director if you have questions or concerns. Generally speaking, attending meetings is a great way to feel connected, to hear the latest news, and to learn from other consultants. It's not the only way, though.

Thanks everyone! : )

I agree that Pampered Chef's online support and Chef Success is amazing and sometimes I fell like my team wouldn't really need me if they took full advantage of it but I have to say that the meetings are vital for generating excitement and support. That face to face time with a variety of consultants is priceless. I love offering that to my consultants and wish I could get "fed" too. My upline did a retreat for the first time last year and it was so wonderful to get that face to face upline training - there really is nothing like it. ...so if you don't have upline near you ask for hospitality!

I'm on my own. My director and recruiter are in Alaska and I'm in Virginia! Meetings would definitely be a little tricky! I'm making out fine on my own, especially using all the help on this site, plus making regular calls to my recruiter.
But on the other hand I have one recruit and she is in TN and I really wish I could be there for her. She wasn't able to qualify in her first 30 days and I hate that I couldn't be there to help her get to that level.
Where exactly in TN are you?

I don't know where in TN you are but I'm the same way. My Dir. is in Cincinatti and I'm in Western KY. So I have a hospitality director but that's still 40 min.drive to the meetings. So once a month or so I get together w/ some of the other girls in my hospitality group that live near me. Whether it's just for lunch one day or meeting up at night to try out a new recipe, it's lots of fun. You never know what kind of ideas they have that works great that you never would have thought of.

I am now on my own for the time being. I moved back to my hometown 2 months ago, after living in NC for 4 years, where I got started with with PC (01/2007). My director is in NC and meetings were held at a "sister director"'s house, along with bi-annual Regional kick-off meetings. My director is no support at all, but the extended cluster was great networking. Now, the nearest hospitality is an hour away, and I am nervous about traveling that far in the winter months.

I highly recommend trying to attend the meetings if you can. It is only once a month, if you can find a sitter.

Some directors are setting up Skype access to their meetings, so you can attend, without actually being there- that could be an option!

Bren706 said:
I highly recommend trying to attend the meetings if you can. It is only once a month, if you can find a sitter.

See that's the thing. When I'm able to attend them, I am MORE than willing to go. However, I don't feel it's that important that I need to have someone else watch my kids. All of my shows will be on the weekends, and I'll need a babysitter for those sometimes. At this point in the business, I don't feel that the meetings are THAT important that I need to have someone watch my kids (especially when I'm not making any money during that time). That's just my opinion. Again, I'm a newbie, so I could be wrong. But, like I said, I am more than happy to go when I can. That just won't be every month.

cookinfletch said:
Some directors are setting up Skype access to their meetings, so you can attend, without actually being there- that could be an option!

Very good idea. I'll throw that out there.

dme.grant said:
I'm on my own. My director and recruiter are in Alaska and I'm in Virginia! Meetings would definitely be a little tricky! I'm making out fine on my own, especially using all the help on this site, plus making regular calls to my recruiter.
But on the other hand I have one recruit and she is in TN and I really wish I could be there for her. She wasn't able to qualify in her first 30 days and I hate that I couldn't be there to help her get to that level.

I'm in Middle Tennessee.

ms_twana said:
See that's the thing. When I'm able to attend them, I am MORE than willing to go. However, I don't feel it's that important that I need to have someone else watch my kids. All of my shows will be on the weekends, and I'll need a babysitter for those sometimes. At this point in the business, I don't feel that the meetings are THAT important that I need to have someone watch my kids (especially when I'm not making any money during that time). That's just my opinion. Again, I'm a newbie, so I could be wrong. But, like I said, I am more than happy to go when I can. That just won't be every month.

Very good idea. I'll throw that out there.

The things you learn at those meetings can translate into more money later. I do think some people get caught up on that thought not realizing that you may learn some invaluable piece of information you may have not heard otherwise. Do you maybe have a friend that you can swap with or that would be willing to take pay in PC discount or products?

wadesgirl said:
The things you learn at those meetings can translate into more money later. I do think some people get caught up on that thought not realizing that you may learn some invaluable piece of information you may have not heard otherwise. Do you maybe have a friend that you can swap with or that would be willing to take pay in PC discount or products?

Oh, I'm sure that I'll learn info that could help me with my business in the future. I'll be able to attend the one coming up. I was just wondering if I would be okay if I'm not able to attend them on a regular basis. And from the looks of most responses, I'll be okay.

Thanks for all of the responses.

I'm pretty much on my own. My director is 18 miles away, but offers meetings on a night I'm usually at work. And based on certain events of the recent past, I don't trust the lot of 'em anyway.I found a cluster that is offering some hospitality possibilities, but they have suspended meetings til next year. Meanwhile, I'm invited to join another group for hospitality and while I LOVE those people, they meet on the same date as my regular cluster, and they're much further away.Meanwhile, I've always said I learn more from these forums than I ever have at a cluster meeting.

cookinfletch said:

My AD is currently doing that...she's in PHX, most of her team is in ABQ and she is building her team in Phx...she's in ABQ once a month or so for shows, and doesn't always have time to have a meeting when she's here. So, sometimes she Skypes from Phx to ABQ, other times from ABQ to PHX...we all meet up at one house regardless so there's still the team building, networking, etc...

Definitely see if your Director would be open to it!

I find they keep me on track. I attended a couple of meeting when I first signed up, but then my work schedule changed and I was working during my meetings. After almost a year, I wasn't scheduled to work, so I went to a meeting. I found myself much more motivated to work my business afterwards.

My cluster meetings were every other month local, and every other month at a sister director's home about 30 minutes away. I started attending the local meetings because I was scheduled to work until the time of the meeting. I could and did arrive about 15 minutes late every other month. Now all of our meetings are local. I have learned the value to actually going so I make an effort to go.

I have a wonderful cluster. We share a lot via e-mail so I always felt I was kept up to date, but when you're on your own, you can get lost easily. My advice is to go when you can, if nothing else try for every other or every third month. It does help.

So what's hospitality??

And how are some of you so far away from your director?? Is it because you signed under someone else? I signed under my director, so I guess that's why I'm closer. So, does the director become the director of their entire downline?

Ms. Twana, I'm with you, what is hospitality? I know what the word means, but what does it mean in relation to PC?
I am a newbie also, (just completed my first 30 days yesterday and I qualified!!!!). My director lives about 45 minutes away from me and my cluster meetings are about 1 hour (a little bit more) away each way, and I have not missed one yet!! I enjoy seeing other consultants, how they are getting sales, what they are doing at their shows, etc. I also enjoy the new information I gain and the games and prizes they give out. I am a competitor, so this is right up my alley. I leave my 5 kids (age 6-11) with my oldest daughter who is 20 yrs old on those nights. I feel it is important for me to get out and mingle with other consultants.

sherri lynn said:
Ms. Twana, I'm with you, what is hospitality? I know what the word means, but what does it mean in relation to PC?
I am a newbie also, (just completed my first 30 days yesterday and I qualified!!!!). My director lives about 45 minutes away from me and my cluster meetings are about 1 hour (a little bit more) away each way, and I have not missed one yet!! I enjoy seeing other consultants, how they are getting sales, what they are doing at their shows, etc. I also enjoy the new information I gain and the games and prizes they give out. I am a competitor, so this is right up my alley. I leave my 5 kids (age 6-11) with my oldest daughter who is 20 yrs old on those nights. I feel it is important for me to get out and mingle with other consultants.

YAY!!! Congrats on qualifying!!! My 30 days is up November 5th. I'm already at a little over $700. I have two catalog shows and one cooking show that I'll close by then. So hopefully, I'll make it too.

I am going to the meeting tomorrow, and I'm excited. I emailed my director the labels that I use on my catalogs, and she liked it so much that she's sharing it tomorrow. :D It's nothing special; just a couple of borrowed things put together. LOL.

Good luck Ms. Twana, I'm sure you'll make it. You should be proud of yourself that your director wants to share your labels tomorrow :)

Hospitality is when another director "adopts" you and takes you under their wing. It is usually when someone's director isn't local. The hospitality director won't ever make comissions off of someone they take in, but they would expect the same to be done if one of their consultants lived elsewhere.
We live in an area that is very highly military, so our cluster has consultants all over the US. People move, or they sign under a friend who isn't local to them. We are out in the country, so I drive about 35 min to cluster meetings, but I am used to driving everywhere. I use it as an excuse to get away to the city alone once a month (I usually have 3 kids with me everywhere we go).

ms_twana said:
So what's hospitality??

And how are some of you so far away from your director?? Is it because you signed under someone else? I signed under my director, so I guess that's why I'm closer. So, does the director become the director of their entire downline?

I met my recruiter/director at a show. I did a couple catalog shows. I then moved 1 1/2 hours away from where she lives. I decided to sign up. When I don't go to her meetings (that are 1 1/2 hours away) I go to someone else's meetings that are within 20 minutes away from me (my hospitality director).

Does that help?

skaugchef said:
I met my recruiter/director at a show. I did a couple catalog shows. I then moved 1 1/2 hours away from where she lives. I decided to sign up. When I don't go to her meetings (that are 1 1/2 hours away) I go to someone else's meetings that are within 20 minutes away from me (my hospitality director).

Does that help?

Yup. That helps a bunch. Thanks.

Okay, I went to our Team Meeting today, and I am SOOOO pumped!!! It was GREAT. I received TONS of info. This will definitely be something that I'll try to attend on a regular basis.

Oh, and I got bucks for it being my first meeting, and for my catalog labels!!! YAY!!! I bought some items that I needed. And we get incentives like that at every meeting. Definitely worth going. I'm glad I did!!! :D

I have not had much success with my director. She is an amazing producer with this company, and others I've met on her team are doing so well, but honestly I haven't had much direction from her. Since the beginning, all I've heard is "just get some shows". That's my problem! I have done the 3-2-1, calls, follow-up, meetings, online training, and every time I get a "boost" from any of this, I still come up dry! Just can't get those shows. Don't want to give up, but this is costing me more money than I'm making...
:yuck::cry:

I really encourage new consultants to find a craft or vendor fair if they are struggling with shows. It gets you out of your comfort zone. Focus on booking shows and if people don't want to book shows find out if they want to place an order. I have found that you do have to put some money out for them but it is worth it in the long run. When you do them book in as close as possible and have everything for the host packet right there to give them so they want to start calling their friends right away. I also keep a host packet in my car to give out whenever I meet anyone out and about so it sort of finalizes that we are not just talking but there will be follow through. I hope this helps and you get some encouragement.

imcooking said:
I have not had much success with my director. She is an amazing producer with this company, and others I've met on her team are doing so well, but honestly I haven't had much direction from her. Since the beginning, all I've heard is "just get some shows". That's my problem! I have done the 3-2-1, calls, follow-up, meetings, online training, and every time I get a "boost" from any of this, I still come up dry! Just can't get those shows. Don't want to give up, but this is costing me more money than I'm making...
:yuck::cry:

I'd call HO and ask if there is another director in your area, where they will take you in as hospitality.
Or ask us here, most are always willing to help :)

dme.grant said:

Where in TN is your recruit? I provide hospitality and before I had a team I attended hospitality meetings with an amazing lady who might be closer to your consultant.

1. How important is it to attend team meetings and new consultant meetings as a consultant?

Attending team and new consultant meetings is important as it allows you to stay updated on the latest information and strategies within your company. It also gives you the opportunity to network and build relationships with other consultants, which can lead to potential business opportunities.

2. What if I am unable to attend these meetings on a regular basis due to personal reasons?

It is understandable that personal commitments and responsibilities may prevent you from attending these meetings regularly. However, it is important to communicate with your director and team members about your availability and make an effort to attend when possible.

3. Will missing these meetings affect my success as a consultant?

While attending meetings can be beneficial, it is not the only factor that determines success as a consultant. As long as you stay informed and connected with your team through other means such as email or phone calls, missing meetings should not significantly impact your success.

4. Are there alternative ways to stay connected with my team besides attending meetings?

Yes, there are alternative ways to stay connected with your team. You can join online groups or forums, participate in conference calls, or schedule one-on-one meetings with your director or team members. You can also ask your director to provide you with meeting notes or recordings for any meetings you are unable to attend.

5. Can I bring my children to team meetings?

It is best to check with your director beforehand if children are allowed to attend team meetings. If not, you can explore other options such as arranging for childcare or attending the meeting remotely through video conferencing or phone calls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
Replies
Views
Sarah Mitson
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies