• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Buy It? Debating New Product Samples for my PC Business - Opinions Needed!

F
friday
I dont know if this is the right thread for this- but I will risk it. I am debating ever so many things right now. My DH gave me the go ahead to push PC from a casual thing to a real business rather than having to go out and get a "real job" but I am in kind of a bad place. I have an 11 month old, and am dealing with PPD. But we really really need the money. Things are super tight. I have only three shows on the books, but lots of leads. I am having trouble catching people at home, but that cant last forever right?
SO... I am debating about the fall product samples. I really like this release. If my finances were less stressed I would just buy it. I was thinking to hold a party at my house with all the new goodies as my birthday party on September 13th (or maybe the 14th, since I think I have a band rehearsal on the 13th). But I am so stressed about the money. It will be over $300. Its worth it- that is not my trouble. Do I buy it, and use the fear that I really cant afford it to propel me to the phone to get those shows on the books? Will it put the excitement into me that I can show it and that excitement will help with shows? Or will the money stress paralyse me and just make me a walking D for desperate for more shows? If I could control my fear, my ideal goal would be to plug 25 shows into September and October, and to recruit enough of my lead list with the new promotion to get a 7pc Exec set. I really think I CAN do that... if I could just get moving.
Give me your votes. What would you do? Buy the new products and force myself to get the shows booked- maybe make a chart to track it? Or skip on the new stuff this season?

Opinions please! Thanks!

personally, I hate when I have to buy the new things, especially if I am not going to use them personally(But I usually do) I hate to purchase them because in 6months there is going to be MORE new things and I will want them as well....so I love earning them free....it definately makes me more motivated to work towards the goal and book the shows (and make more $$) I feel so awesome when HUGE boxes are delivered and I didn't pay a dime for them and then if something gets discontinued and I can't use it for shows anymore I don't feel guilty that I am not using it.
Does that make sense? Anyway, of course this is just me.
So long story short....I would work on earning them free..
(sorry if this is rambly...i'm very tired)
Lots of luck to you which ever you decide!

I've blown the free thing for this round. I used to earn them free as a general rule, but with the baby I just didnt do enough work to get them... I got the 2 sharps, and the stainless pan though.

One option, would be to borrow product from someone and do a big host/guest appreciation show where you give some prizes and even some host benefits if you like. Keep some of them for yourself to GET the new stuff plus use the host discount on some as well. Then you get only what you want to.Another option is to go ahead and buy the stuff and raffle off what you don't really want/need. Sell tickets or something for the bigger things and just do drawings for the small things. If you've been doing it a long time, you may have older items to get rid of too. Even some things that you've been using if it's in good shape.It sounds like you want to buy the stuff. If that's the type of push that works for you, go for it. I always feel I need a push with the follow through. That's the biggest thing. Keep calling your leads. Maybe even do a $1000 show to get a good push and pay for that $300 order.Good luck. Think of it as a good distraction. I hear setting up real office hours helps a lot. I've felt overwhelmed lately b/c I'm ALWAYS working on PC. Of course, I can admit it wouldn't be that way if I were better organized and had a more regular schedule.

If you think buying the products will motivate you bc you need to recoup the $$ then go ahead....I KNOW YOU CAN BOOK THE SHOWS :) Don't be afraid of the phone...it is your friend...tape a $100 bill to it (fake of course, unless you have an extra laying around, hehe) bc the phone will make you money!!!
Don't be afraid to hear NO....every NO brings you closer to a YES..and you will get them, especially for Sept..this is an awesome host special.
Congrats on the baby, adorable by the way! Push catalogs shows too, they usually aren't as high in sales but you can do a lot without leaving the house..
Hope this helps...

Friday - You are a Virgo too? My birthday is September 14th

Just be careful and decide what am I realy going to use or want to show off.

I am thinking about those appetizers plates. They would great for bringing to shows to help out my host. I am trying to be very frugal. What do I want versus what do I need and what will I really use

I still have not ordered them but thinking about it

Kat

You don't have to buy it all right away. Pick one or two packs to give you a few items to show in the new colors for your Sept. shows. Then place an order for more for your Oct. shows. Don't tell people at your shows you don't own all the products. Tell them there are over 300 items in the catalog and you can't bring it all. Then say, I'll bring different new products at my Oct. shows.

I know this is hard to do, but I have had to do this several times. Not only do we have the expense of the samples, but also the supplies. My supply order was $170!!

i'm starting a 24 in 24 tomorrow if you would like to do it with me?

I was actually thinking about a 24 in 24... I really liked that script we got from Charlotte (did you get that?).

There is no one in my area to borrow the new items from. I would have to drive about 2 hours each way to the nearest director to borrow things. Three people on my team have asked me if they can borrow MY new things for their fall launch parties. Thats one of the more challenging things for me. I have 4 active, qualified people- but no director support. They totally lean on me for things that a qualified director would be in a better position to help with.

I do really like the new release.
So I made up a chart with a list of all the things I want, organized them by how much they are going to cost from lowest to highest, and started checking off the ones I have the money coming in for from the shows I have done this month so far. I am currently working to earn the Cranberry Classic Scraper.

I scheduled two shows last night- one September and one October, and clarified some things with a recruit lead about a potential launch date.

Kathytnt said:
Friday - You are a Virgo too? My birthday is September 14th

Just be careful and decide what am I realy going to use or want to show off.

I am thinking about those appetizers plates. They would great for bringing to shows to help out my host. I am trying to be very frugal. What do I want versus what do I need and what will I really use

I still have not ordered them but thinking about it

Kat

are you talking about the plates & caddy? I really want those too, and think they will sell very well. I'm just scared of carrying them to shows. I'm clumsy and afraid that I will end up breaking them, and I'm afraid that it will be really heavy!:blushing: Does anyone have them already? What's your opinion. I have finally used all my PC $, and I am trying to budget myself on the samples!

amy07 said:
are you talking about the plates & caddy? I really want those too, and think they will sell very well. I'm just scared of carrying them to shows. I'm clumsy and afraid that I will end up breaking them, and I'm afraid that it will be really heavy!:blushing: Does anyone have them already? What's your opinion. I have finally used all my PC $, and I am trying to budget myself on the samples!
I got them. They're not as heavy as they could be, because they're small plates. If they were any bigger, they'd be unwieldy to carry in the caddy. I think they're such a great idea, and so much classier than paper plates (that's how I'm going to talk them up at my shows). I've been taking the outdoor party plates to my shows, and come Sept. 1, I'm changing over to these. (If you put a little piece of rubber shelf liner between the plates, they won't slide around and will be more secure to carry.)

amy07 said:
I'm just scared of carrying them to shows. I'm clumsy and afraid that I will end up breaking them, and I'm afraid that it will be really heavy!:blushing:

...If you put shelf liner in between the plates like Ann suggested, and then wrap a towel or two around them & set in a TTA bag....would that fit? Then you have a little better chance of not dropping/breaking them!

The whole rack is narrower than the TTA or trifle bowl, so you'd need to wrap several things around them - like the kitchen towels, microfiber towel, guest towels and pastry mat.

thanks for the tip! Guess I'll be ordering them soon. Maybe I could get them before next weekend......

pampchefrhondab said:
You don't have to buy it all right away. Pick one or two packs to give you a few items to show in the new colors for your Sept. shows. Then place an order for more for your Oct. shows. Don't tell people at your shows you don't own all the products. Tell them there are over 300 items in the catalog and you can't bring it all. Then say, I'll bring different new products at my Oct. shows.

I know this is hard to do, but I have had to do this several times. Not only do we have the expense of the samples, but also the supplies. My supply order was $170!!
I agree with this, but your deadline to order the new products is September 30th, so you could buy a few now and a few later.

Jules711 said:
One option, would be to borrow product from someone and do a big host/guest appreciation show where you give some prizes and even some host benefits if you like. Keep some of them for yourself to GET the new stuff plus use the host discount on some as well. Then you get only what you want to.

Another option is to go ahead and buy the stuff and raffle off what you don't really want/need. Sell tickets or something for the bigger things and just do drawings for the small things. If you've been doing it a long time, you may have older items to get rid of too. Even some things that you've been using if it's in good shape.

It sounds like you want to buy the stuff. If that's the type of push that works for you, go for it. I always feel I need a push with the follow through. That's the biggest thing. Keep calling your leads. Maybe even do a $1000 show to get a good push and pay for that $300 order.

Good luck. Think of it as a good distraction. I hear setting up real office hours helps a lot. I've felt overwhelmed lately b/c I'm ALWAYS working on PC. Of course, I can admit it wouldn't be that way if I were better organized and had a more regular schedule.

This is another idea of mine!
And Jules711 I had to laugh when I read your last sentence, because that is me! Good advice, BTW!;)

Friday, Let us know what you decide!;)

Oh!! BTW Friday! Congrats on getting the hubby on board and supporting you, that is 1/2 the battle right there! It's even harder when they don't support you! I should know, I had a very unsupportive hubby, but luckily he found Jesus, and discovered what it was like to be a really great hubby! After 15 years, I was feeling like he'd never change and all I can say is God is great! Beacause He changed my hubby and that is a miracle in itself! ;) And we are now closer than ever and he is much more understanding about my business and what it means to me now!:love:
So, to already have your man on board is so great! :thumbup: :D ;)

You can do this. Order what you will use, or really want to show. You don't have to get everything.

HIJACK- Stupid QuestionI have a stupid question? I am still a little new to this and Fall is my first changeover, so can someone please tell me how we see what the packages are that we can order from and how do we order? I want the appetizer plates. I have seen them and they are so CUTE!! :confused:

You can go to CC, go to product samples and they will have the pkgs there. The appatizer plates are in the open stock for $30.00

Cathy, Oh do I ever know what a blessing it is to have a supportive spouse. My first husband was something significantly less than supportive, so for the first 3 years in PC it was an uphill battle just to keep things going. I have been remarried for 2 years now and he was not Unsupportive, but he wasn't all in either. Until he asked me one day about three weeks ago- How much money does your director who doesnt return your phone calls make. And we hauled out the CCN and looked- she is an upperlevel director with 45 first line people. We worked out that in June she presented something less than 3 shows, and still earned over $4000. That was all he needed to see. He told me that he knew I could be a better director so to go out and recruit myself a big team and that he would do whatever I needed him to do to help me make that happen.

Friday.... That's cool! I'm happy for you about his AHHHHAAA moment!!!!:D
I'm sorry that your director is not in contact with you, that sucks!:mad: :( I'm glad you found us! We will be your surrogant support team! Hospitality, in a way! Well, now you know what you don't want to be like, you will do great as a director!;) :)

Ok, I am going to get it. Not quite everything, but a larger portion of it.
I have the commission from my last show- I am going to front myself $100 out of my special savings and the new shows I scheduled for September and October will pay that back. I will shift the rest out of the house budget and spend the weekend finding more shows to make sure that all gets paid back. Then to make some prettys for email and paper invitations for my Birthday Party.

Congrats on making a decision and going for it.

1. Should I buy the new product samples for my PC business?

It ultimately depends on your personal financial situation and business goals. Consider if the cost of the samples will bring in enough revenue to justify the purchase, and if it aligns with your overall business strategy.

2. How can I use the new product samples to motivate myself to book more shows?

You can use the excitement of the new products to motivate yourself to reach out to potential customers and book more shows. Set a goal for yourself, such as booking a certain number of shows in a specific timeframe, and use the product samples as a tool to help you achieve that goal.

3. Will the stress of spending money on the new products hinder my business efforts?

It's important to manage your stress and finances in a way that allows you to effectively run your business. Consider if the potential benefits of the new products outweigh the financial stress, and find ways to stay organized and motivated to reach your business goals.

4. Can I use my birthday party as a way to showcase and sell the new products?

Yes, hosting a party or event to showcase the new products can be a great way to generate interest and sales. Make sure to invite potential customers and use the opportunity to promote your business and book future shows.

5. Should I prioritize recruiting new team members or booking more shows with the new products?

It ultimately depends on your business goals and what works best for you. Consider if you have the time and resources to focus on both recruiting and booking shows, and prioritize based on what will benefit your business the most in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
marystell1
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • chezshelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3girls