• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Since My Miscarriage 7 Years Ago, I Have Not Been Able to Get

In summary, the bride's friend was talking about how she is going to pick out her MOH dress and she said to not get pregnant, but the maid of honor got pregnant and the bride is now worried.
candiejayne
Since my miscarriage 7 years ago, I have not been able to get pregnant. Right now, that is fine with me, I'm not ready to have any children of my own. BUT I was talking to my best friend on the phone today, we are going to pick out my maid of honor dress for next November. I won't be ordering it yet, but atleast we'll know what I need. The last thing she said to me on the phone today was "and you better not get pregnant!"

I found this entirely funny, when I got married years ago, right after we purchased my bridesmaids gowns, one of them told me that she hadn't spoken with her husband yet, but that she thought she was pregnant. Of course being the bride, I turned into bridzilla and went balistic. Hers was an easy fix called the next day and got a maternity dress instead.

I'm a believe in jinxes though... i'm scared I will now that she told me I cant! LOL just thought that it was funny and thought I would share!

Re: Sooo....When the time is right it will happen, and so what if you need to alter the dress, the bride will deal with it!!

Good luck!!

Re: Sooo....I know she will, when I told her that she jinxed me, she well, you're the one who has to pay for the dress, then she laughed. I'm the only one in the wedding so who cares what I look like! I don't have to match anyone but myself, and even if there was, a lot of people have their Maid of Honors wear something different then the others!

Re: Sooo....She did not mean it in a bad way I'm sure. People who are not going through infertility sometimes dont realize that what they say can hurt us!So here's my "jix"/blessing: You should have the great big headach of trying to find a maternity gown!!by the way if you want to chat about IF feel free to PM me :)

Re: Sooo....Yup, she probably jinxed you! ;)

Re: Sooo....My friend was 7 1/2 months pregnant in mine and had to go to the hospital that night to have her contractions stopped they were so strong. (She has all 4 kids 3-4 weeks early so it was like being due.)I just picked dresses with no waist, they were very pretty and fit all body styles. I had the 5'6" 100 lb. bridesmaid mixed with 5'4 140 lbs. and 5'8 160+ lbs., etc. So DEFINITELY worked hard to pick a dress flattering to all! Years later all are still thankful of that! ;)

Re: Sooo....I was engaged for 16 months- 8 months before my wedding my maid of honor came over to my house, plopped herself on a seat at my kitchen table and exclaims "Well, I think I'm pregnant!"...I forgot all about the wedding at that particular moment and I was excited for her (it would have made her 3rd baby)..I asked her if she THOUGHT or KNEW and she said "oh no, I know I am, I have all the signs from my last ones, etc" Then she says "What are we going to do about the wedding?" I had forgotten all about it! I told her it was her decision and she could do what she wanted, if she wanted to back out that was fine...well, she ended up having the baby in March and I got married at the end of April, she was still maid of honor and she actually FIT into her bridesmaid dress! We had guesstimated what it would be and she went in for fittings weekly after she had the baby to make sure it fit...She was a trooper, I knew she was exhausted and she brought the newborn to my reception to nurse...but I think she wouldn't have had it any other way!

Good luck to you if she DID jinx you! It would be a wonderful blessing!

Re: Sooo....9 months from now is August/September. You'll have had the baby by then, and might even have lost the 'baby weight.' Congrats to your friend on her engagement, and to you for being chosen Matron of Honor. If you do get pregnant you know it'll be a blessing (and, you can 'blame' the bride!!).

Re: Sooo....I am in a wedding on December 27th and two of the bridesmaids won't be making it because it is out of town and they don't feel comfortable traveling so far along in their pregnancy. I am in another mid April wedding and we went shopping today for dresses for the April wedding. The maid of honor has the possibility of being 4 months pregnant by then since they have been trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage. God works in his own ways for sure :)

1. Why am I still struggling emotionally after 7 years since my miscarriage?

Miscarriage can be a traumatic experience and the emotional impact can last for many years. It is important to give yourself time to grieve and seek support from loved ones or a professional therapist.

2. Is it common to have trouble getting pregnant after a miscarriage?

It is not uncommon for women to have difficulty getting pregnant after a miscarriage, as the body needs time to heal physically and emotionally. It is important to consult with a doctor if you are having trouble conceiving after a miscarriage.

3. How can I cope with the fear of another miscarriage?

Fear of another miscarriage is a common concern for women who have experienced one in the past. It is important to speak with a therapist or support group to process your feelings and find healthy coping mechanisms. Additionally, your doctor may be able to provide reassurance and support during this time.

4. Can stress or lifestyle factors contribute to difficulty conceiving after a miscarriage?

While there is no direct link between stress and miscarriage, chronic stress can impact fertility by affecting hormone levels and menstrual cycles. It is important to manage stress through self-care practices and seek support if needed. Additionally, maintaining a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and regular exercise can also improve fertility.

5. Are there any medical treatments or procedures that can help with getting pregnant after a miscarriage?

If you are having trouble conceiving after a miscarriage, there are medical treatments that can help. Your doctor may recommend fertility medications, intrauterine insemination (IUI), or in vitro fertilization (IVF) depending on your specific situation. It is important to discuss these options with your doctor and make the best decision for your health and well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GeorgiaPeach
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
Replies