• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bless and Release: Recruiting a 19 Year Old 7 Years Ago

In summary, the original email sender sent an email to the recipient that was intended for someone else. The recipient recognized one of the email addresses and replied to see if they knew the sender. The sender was someone the recipient had recruited 7 years ago and the sender's mother referred her to the recipient. When the recipient declined to work with the sender again, the sender emailed all their email addresses to the recipient.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
I received an email tonight from an email address I didn't recognize. The person talked about how they were becoming a PC consultant and needed help qualifying in their first 30 days. The email addresses were not blind copied so I hit "reply all" to see if I recognized any email addresses.

Turns out it was from a girl I recruited about 7 years ago! (She had gotten married and I didn't recognized the new last name.) When I recruited her she was 19 and living at home. She was referred to me and I met with her for lunch. It took her over a month to make the decision. I didn't hound her with calls and emails, I allowed her the time she needed to make the decision. About a month after she signed her MOTHER called another director and told her that I forced the girl to sign and she didn't want to be with me any longer. That director called my director who then called me. It was a huge jumbled mess and caused me a lot of stress. Finally it came out that the mom wanted her daughter to sign with someone the mom knew and the girl wasn't strong enough to stand up to her mom.

She barely stayed active and finally quit about 5 years ago. I haven't heard from her since. I wasn't very upset when she decided to stop selling so am not bothered that she is giving it another try with another director but....does anyone else find it rude...odd...that she would send that email to me? I felt like she was trying to rub it in that she was doing this again with someone else.

I am not going to respond to her email. I'm just going to "bless and release" but needed to vent a bit first :)

Vent away!
What an insensitive clod, huh?

Maybe she just has a ton of email names and forgot that you were the "PC Lady"?

I also know that my gmail account automatically adds email addresses to my address book whenever I send out or reply to an email...even if *I* didn't add them! I know I have inadvertantly sent out PC emails for sales and such to people from HERE!! Just cuz I have corresponded with them....then down the road the email address didn't look familiar, so I figured it was a customer and emailed them!!

Sounds like you are better off "blessing and releasing" anyhow! Good decision on your part!

She probably just sent the email to her whole address book, and didn't even stop to think about who might be in it!

Not to bright at the very least.:rolleyes:

KellyTheChef said:
I know I have inadvertantly sent out PC emails for sales and such to people from HERE!! Just cuz I have corresponded with them....then down the road the email address didn't look familiar, so I figured it was a customer and emailed them!!

I've done that too. :blushing:

Definately Bless and release this one. You may just be on her email address list and she never checked before sending to all.
Be the better person, and wish her well, and that tell her you hope it works out better this time. (that is just a little in her face) Maybe she is just kitnapping for half off the kit.
If her mother is that pushy and controlling, you are better off w/o her.

I would be steamed, though.

Oh, I would send her a note. Congratulate her on her renewed passion for the business and wishing her all the best. Tell her that you hope to see her at conference in July!

Do it! She probably has no idea that you are still a PC consultant.

It hurts initially, but once you have time to think about it and heal the wound, you will realize that reason you were happy she stopped selling when under you.

I have met people like her mother and trust me...you are going to be so happy with blessing and releasing her. Think of it as one less headache and soon you will feel better about the entire thing. Having someone telling false stories is not something that you want.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, I would send her a note. Congratulate her on her renewed passion for the business and wishing her all the best. Tell her that you hope to see her at conference in July!

This made me laugh. I would probably do this!! or at least want to.

But at the same time by not responding, she will continue to email you. This could be good or bad. You would have added emails, she isn't BCC'ing and therefore your email address is given out to people you don't know. OTOH you could continue to receive her emails and see how she is doing w/ her business...kind of like spying.

If you do not want her to continue to contact her, you should really respond at least to say you want to be removed from her mailing list.

Or respond and offer her an additional $20 off her kit if she signs with you and she qualifies within her first 30 days!!:D

I would be professional, bless and release this one!! Sounds like too much negativity to be bothered with.

baychef said:
Or respond and offer her an additional $20 off her kit if she signs with you and she qualifies within her first 30 days!!:D

I would be professional, bless and release this one!! Sounds like too much negativity to be bothered with.

She was asking for a few more orders so she could qualify in the first 30 days so she has already signed.

The email wasn't sent to a ton of people and since my last name is my email address...I have no doubt she sent it intentionally. As much as I'd like to (very sweetly!) email her back and wish her well...I'd really rather not "open that door" so to speak and have to respond to any email responses I get from her. Her mom was always snippy when I called to talk to the daughter so I will silently wish her (and her new recruiter!!) well.

But I'm still annoyed!! :)

GeorgiaPeach said:
She was asking for a few more orders so she could qualify in the first 30 days so she has already signed.

The email wasn't sent to a ton of people and since my last name is my email address...I have no doubt she sent it intentionally. As much as I'd like to (very sweetly!) email her back and wish her well...I'd really rather not "open that door" so to speak and have to respond to any email responses I get from her. Her mom was always snippy when I called to talk to the daughter so I will silently wish her (and her new recruiter!!) well.

But I'm still annoyed!! :)

Chicken! bock bock bock chicken! (devil speaking here...) Sending her a 'best wishes' email would be so much fun! do it do it do it.....

pamperedlinda said:
Chicken! bock bock bock chicken! (devil speaking here...) Sending her a 'best wishes' email would be so much fun! do it do it do it.....

OMG, you just crack me up!

Seriously, though, I would send her a note: "Congratulations on re-starting your business. Hope you do well!" Take the high road. You just never know.

pamperedlinda said:

This is exactly what I was going to tell you to do! I would have! :D LOL Especially since she probably would delete your email and you'll stop getting them.

pamperedlinda said:

DItto.... I would so do this, just so she knows, you know.... ya know???

Maybe she will delete your email also.

I agree with greeting her that way. Maybe she will realize that you are the "bigger person"... Being kind to someone who is ugly to you is like heaping coals of fire on their head! :) But do it with the right attitude or it would be a bad thing! LOL!

I would definitely reply. In addition to all the reasons above, she's probably at a different place in life than she was 7 years ago. You will definitely feel better for taking the high road, and you just might make a friend out of it all.

pamperedlinda said:

Do it...do it... have alittel fun at least for us!

I can understand your frustrations though.

I agree that you should send her a Best Wishes email.. otherwsie you will just keep getting them from her and will just be that much more annoyed.

Okay...okay...I did it. (Linda...I am NOT a chicken!! LOL! Okay, maybe a little! I hate confrontation and dread her sending an email back blasting me for not helping her enough the first time....or worse, an email from HER MOTHER cussing me out! <<eek>>) I sent her an email (see below). Tried to sound "perky" and not catty. Did I succeed? :)

Dear K----,

What a pleasant surprise to get your email last night. I wasn't sure if you sent it to me by mistake or not but nice to get a little update on what you are doing these days. Seems a couple of "congratulations" are in order. First, congratulations on getting married, your last name threw me for a few minutes :) Second, congrats on giving Pampered Chef another try. I wish you success and hope that it will be more successful this time around.

As much as I'd like to help you qualify in your first 30 days I'm still a consultant...just doing business in Macon, Georgia now. So, hopefully, your other friends will come through for you.

Wishing you continued success,

Lisa

I think that sounds very professional. Great job on taking the high road - I'm proud of you!

I think that sounds perfect. :D

Looks GREAT!

Way to go!!!! Let us know her reply!

Great email Lisa. However, I didn't see any mention of inviting her to join us on CS. LMAO!!!!

I knew you could do it. I bet your email address has already been deleted from her files too! And, if you do hear fom her mom, let us know....we'll take care of it for you. Nobody disses a cheffer!

Great email Lisa. However, I didn't see any mention of inviting her to join us on CS. LMAO!!!!

I knew you could do it. I bet your email address has already been deleted from her files too! And, if you do hear from her mom, let us know....we'll take care of it for you. Nobody disses a cheffer and gets away with it!

Good job, although, I probably would have said...As much as I'd like to help you qualify in your first 30 days I'm still a director with Pampered Chef. ;)

Lisa...you did WONDEFUL!!!! You took the high road and then some!!!

Drum roll please....Wow, she was quick. Here is her response. Should I email back and tell her she will look more professional if she proof reads and watches her spelling :) Oops...just fell off the side of the "high road"!! Ha!

And Linda...can't believe I didn't invite her on here :) Maybe I'll save that for the next email...or not!

Thanks Lisa!

Glad to hear your business is still striving in Macon GA! :) Your right, I really didn't mean to email ya; but at you see I was basically asking EVERYONE on my list and you just happened to be a part of that! :)

Oh, and I have even more good news! I am expecting in Jan 09' !!! We are very excited!

Thanks for the supportive wishes! :)

K------

She really likes the "!" doesn't she?

Nah, you've done your part. Leave her alone.

So Lisa, is your business striving or thriving? LOL :) We all make mistakes, but bad grammar is quite painful.

pamperedlinda said:
She really likes the "!" doesn't she?

Nah, you've done your part. Leave her alone.

So Lisa, is your business striving or thriving? LOL :) We all make mistakes, but bad grammar is quite painful.

Ha...I had to laugh at the "striving" comment. Lately it's been more striving than thriving...how did she know??

she must be spying on you....

Lisa, Great job on the email you sent her! Very professional and I bet you won't be hearing from her again.

Re: Drum roll please....
GeorgiaPeach said:
Wow, she was quick. Here is her response. Should I email back and tell her she will look more professional if she proof reads and watches her spelling :) Oops...just fell off the side of the "high road"!! Ha!And Linda...can't believe I didn't invite her on here :) Maybe I'll save that for the next email...or not!**************Thanks Lisa!

Glad to hear your business is still striving in Macon GA! :) Your right, I really didn't mean to email ya; but at you see I was basically asking EVERYONE on my list and you just happened to be a part of that! :)

Oh, and I have even more good news! I am expecting in Jan 09' !!! We are very excited!

Thanks for the supportive wishes! :) K------
Don't e-mail her back, just smile at what you got and chuckle to yourself. ;)You just did the blessing, now time to release!

janetupnorth said:
Don't e-mail her back, just smile at what you got and chuckle to yourself. ;)

You just did the blessing, now time to release!

I was joking about telling her about the spelling :) No plans to email back unless she emails again....then I'll clear it with you guys first! LOL!

GeorgiaPeach said:
I was joking about telling her about the spelling :) No plans to email back unless she emails again....then I'll clear it with you guys first! LOL!

Oh trust me, we were chuckling with you! :p

1. Why did it take the 19 year old over a month to make the decision to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Everyone's decision-making process is different. Some people need more time to carefully consider their options and make a decision, especially when it involves a financial commitment. It's important to respect their timeline and not pressure them into making a decision before they're ready.

2. How did the situation with the girl's mother causing stress for the consultant?

It can be difficult to navigate family dynamics when it comes to business decisions. In this case, it seems like the mother had her own agenda and was trying to influence her daughter's decision. This can cause tension and stress for the consultant, but it's important to remember to stay professional and not let personal relationships interfere with business decisions.

3. Is it common for someone to quit selling and then start again with a different director?

It's not uncommon for individuals to take a break from selling and then decide to start again with a different director. People's priorities and circumstances can change, and they may feel more comfortable working with someone new. As a consultant, it's important to be understanding and supportive of their decision.

4. What does it mean to "bless and release" someone in the Pampered Chef world?

"Bless and release" is a term used in the Pampered Chef community to describe letting go of a former team member or customer with love and understanding. It means accepting their decision to leave and wishing them well in their future endeavors.

5. Should the consultant respond to the email from the former team member?

It's ultimately up to the consultant whether or not they want to respond to the email. However, it's important to remember to stay professional and not let any negative emotions affect the response. If the consultant feels uncomfortable responding, it's perfectly acceptable to simply "bless and release" and move on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ms_twana
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ms_twana
Replies