• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Become Healthier Together: Join the Fiber 35 Diet!

In summary, the person is restarting the Fiber 35 diet, is trying to get healthy, and has tried many different weight loss plans in the past.
rennea said:
I think you have done great so far, you have already lost soooo much!!

Somebody told me the other day that if I want to eat something bad for myself to do it naked in front of the mirror:D Of course I replied "sure I can eat with my eyes closed"!!:p

OUCH THAT HURTS Lose 120 lbs lbs quickly like I did is not pretty

Here's the link to the National Institutes of Health to calculate your BMI. Mine is 35.9...ick!

Hey - Mine use to be 52% It's a heck of a lot better now. I ws so close to goal a few years ago and then I met Psycho boy and went back to eating for comfort

Now to re-lose that weight

Kathytnt said:
Does anyone have trouble staying slim just because of PC - I don't really eat that much PC food. We have our recipe roundup on Tuesday - Maybe I should check the SBRC to see if there are some healthier recipes I need to get back on track .

This new SB is a killer - with all chocolate desserts! I have figured out that the Double Chocolate Cinnamon Dip can be made lighter very easily - and then serve it with fruit instead of chips.....I've had it with apples and strawberries and it's very good that way too!

Please share the recipe!! I don't think I can cut chocolate out completely, but if I can make it "as healthy as possible," that would be great!

I thought I was looking o.k. until I saw my pics form conference - Although my clothes are not the most flattering but dang

yeah; I know i'm bad by looking in the mirror.....but when you see photos, its really bad!

Kathytnt said:
I thought I was looking o.k. until I saw my pics form conference - Although my clothes are not the most flattering but dang

I hate having my photo taken, I say the camera adds 20lbs:rolleyes:

Only 20????

Kathytnt said:
Only 20????

Haha!:p

I always try to find something to hide behind:blushing: Most of my picture of my DH and I through Europe a couple of years ago I always seem to be standing behind him with just my head sticking out hhmmmm...

I should add that in Oct. we are going to England and I don't plan on running if the camera comes out.:p

That is why I love having the really nice camera....if i'm the photographer, then i'm not in most photos!although I love having photos to go back through later on, so I do sorta miss being in them sometimes...anyway, I just got back from the gym...5.5 miles on the bike, 1 mile on the elliptical, and 5 mins rowing.... my heart rate was about 150% of my normal rate (what I think is my resting heart rate anyway)

jenniferknapp said:
anyway, I just got back from the gym...5.5 miles on the bike, 1 mile on the elliptical, and 5 mins rowing.... my heart rate was about 150% of my normal rate (what I think is my resting heart rate anyway)

*snort* you'd have to bring me back on a stretcher!!:eek:

Good for you!!!:D

haha, well I am hoping that at 4-5 times a week that I will get some results! and I'm not sure I'll be able to do the dieting part with it........we'll see! (I sort of feel like "I enjoy eating chocolate so much, that is it worth giving it up?")

MissChef said:
I might just have to jump on this with you!:) My goal is to get healthy! Of course I want to loose weight but my main thing is I want to be healthy for not only myself but my kids and hubby too. We bought me a really nice bike about 3 weeks ago and I need to get out and right it more! I have rode it with my family and have taken some great rides but I need to do it by myself too! If I could discipline myself to a 1/2 hour -1 hour a day, I know I'd be feeling much better. I also need to restart my Southbeach Diet. I just love bread and cereal! I don't have a problem eating whole grains at all, as a matter of fact, it's my preference but for 2 weeks you are suppossed to eliminate them, and then slowly add some back in. I did great on it before, and I feel stupid that I started again with my unhealthy habits!:rolleyes: :eek: I can do it, I can do it. I think I'll start today!
I also take a lot of fiber too so, that helps me a lot!
Great thread, thanks for starting it, I'll be checking in regularly!;)

I have a bike to and need to get on it! Thing is the seat bout kills me after so long. I even have one of the bigger supposedly more comfortable seats you know like a triangle seat. Still not comfortable. I've thought about strapping a pillow to it, but am chicken! So a walking I shall go!
Schel

schel said:
I have a bike to and need to get on it! Thing is the seat bout kills me after so long. I even have one of the bigger supposedly more comfortable seats you know like a triangle seat. Still not comfortable. I've thought about strapping a pillow to it, but am chicken! So a walking I shall go!
Schel

Walking is what I do, I'm to lazy to do anything else but it does work for me:thumbup:

I'm literally eating M-n-M's as I'm reading these posts!

Christ Follower said:
I'm literally eating M-n-M's as I'm reading these posts!

Your disgusting....................

kidding of course!

Ok- I am going to post this on my own thread but if anyone sees the product that will be on the Extra segment with Britney Spears and wants to try it let me know.

Not going to say anything else - There is more info in my signature - Don't want to get in trouble with promotion rules

Ellen - At least you are eating the Dark Chocolate M & M's so you are getting the antioxidants right????

Kathytnt said:
Ellen - At least you are eating the Dark Chocolate M & M's so you are getting the antioxidants right????

Nope, just plain mnm's. I've not been doing good with my eating for the past month now. I know what to do, I just need to get off my butt and do it!:D

I haven't been on here in a while. I'm trying not to be on this site too often. I need to get off right now and go for a run.
Be healthy, everyone....and off I go. No, really. I'm leaving.

Go Go Go I am excited that the Biggest Loser season is starting again

I watched that fat people walking show the other night. It was cool to see how much weight the people lost. I forget the name but it was something like that.

I really like the "Walk Away the Pounds" videos from Leslie Sansone. I just got them out again last night, and had forgotten how much I like them. I hate "just" walking, and I'm really not an outdoors person, so these are great for me. There's a one mile, two mile, and three mile video. My set is old (on an actual VIDEO TAPE, of all things...hehehehehe), so it's probaby been updated since then. I know she has versions of this program that have Christian music and motivation behind them, but I didn't find out about them until after I bought mine. I see her stuff on EBAY all the time.

I really like that she incorporates upper and lower body. I did the three mile last night, with ankle and wrist weights, and boy did I feel it. I have been excercising, hard, a couple of times a week at physical therapy, so I didn't just jump there.

My goal is to do that once or twice a day, and then some programs from a Denise Austin DVD that I have. It has different focus areas (upper or lower body, abs, etc.)

Gotta keep moving to stay moving with my body, so I'm taking what I'm learning at PT and doing that at home as well.

Gotta do something with all this extra "energy" I have with DH gone...hehehehe

I with the gal above who mentioned not really wanting to change what I eat. I'm not too bad, and I like what I eat. In the past, I've been able to loose weight by exercising, and increasing my water and fresh fruit/vegetable intake, and that's the approach I'm taking right now.

Too funny, I posted the above before I saw the post about the walking show...great minds think alike, I guess!

Thought for the Day :) Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels:)

Looks like we need to "get healthy" again. Last post was the 15th? Whoa! I need to get off my butt and go for a run. I tend to come to this thread when I know I need to get going. I think I actually went the entire day yesterday w/o chocolate. That's almost a miracle for me. I keep thinking I'll remind myself of something I had that was chocolate, but I really can't think of anything. I was so busy yesterday that I barely had time to eat anything and there isn't any readily available chocolate in my house unless I open a package or bake something from scratch. No time for that, thankfully. Off I go to run about 3 miles. Pilates sculpt yesterday and biking Monday, walked, Sunday, ran Saturday, blah blah blah.
Hope this spurs you on to greater health!

rennea said:
:) Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels:)
That's a good quote. I should put it on my baking cupboard and my frig. :)

Well I went to my first WW meeting today at lunch with a co-worker that talked me into it! It already seems like a huge hassle and i'm not looking forward to "enjoying life" while I have to size portions and count points, ugh! :(

Jennifer let me tell you that my Aunt did WW on her own...She didn't do meetings just points and she lost 270 in about 6 months to a year. She just made a lifestyle change. We used to go for wings every Tuesday and she would go with us and get dessert and this was while she was losing the weight and finally she got to a point where she liked the wings but not enough to waste that many points on them so then she would eat a club sandwich and still get dessert. I wish that I had her will power, I want to lose 1/5 that much and can't get motivated enough.

Okay, after a couple of days on WW....it's not so bad! I am trying to make a "cheat-sheet" of foods that I eat frequently so that I can make choices from that. Last night I HAD to eat 4 oreos and 2 cups of milk to use up my points!! (they say that you have to use your daily points!) ....and Sat was my first day and I haven't touched my weekly 35 allowance! Plus 4 lunch hours at the gym a week, hopefully I will see some results soon!! :)

working on getting fithey everyone,
I have decided to get fit. There is a walking chalenge at work that I am signed up with. I have stepped over 20,000 in the past few days. Before the chalenge I did the heartwalk in tribute for my dad who is still going but has had several heart issues.
I am currently using slimfast products, watching protions and foods I eat. I have lost 9 pounds so far.
IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO START GETTING HEALTHY!

Great job so far Dave!!I have my 2nd weigh-in tomorrow at my WW meeting, last week (my first week) I lost 4 lbs! Let's hope this week is the same!!!

My chuch is starting the Biggest Loser back up in January and boy do I need it! I had coffee and popcorn for breakfast today.....

How is everyone doing? I've lost exactly 10lbs so far, and feel GREAT!

jenniferknapp said:
How is everyone doing? I've lost exactly 10lbs so far, and feel GREAT!

That's awesome Jen!! I was doing WW, started in Jan & lost 25lbs. in about 6 months. I'm now going to the gym, and have been for about 6 weeks, 3x a week. Although the scale hasn't moved:grumpy: , I lost a whole pant size & my arms & legs are smaller too!!:D I definately think if you do WW & go to the gym, there's no way you won't lose!! Good Luck!!:p

Hey Guys - I have been losing weight for about a year now...I have lost around 75 pounds. I did do weight watchers and lost 50 or so there and the rest I am doing by myself. It really is a lifestyle change..I embraced the change to the max and ditched my stressful 9-5 and am now a certified fitness instructor and will be a personal trainer by next summer.

I took a nutrition course and found out a lot about my body and the fuel it needs. I eat every 3 hours now and try to eat everything whole wheat and organic. I urge people to take a nutrition course - it will open your eyes....not eating breakfast is a total nono - if you don;t eat breakfast not only will you screw up the way you metabolize food that day, you will find you are starving hungry by lunch and then during the evening you will be snacking more and reaching for more unhealthy choices. Eating a proper brekkie will get you kickstarted and keep you fuller longer throughout the day and evening,

Ok, thats my 2 cents, I will shut up now..

M

I'm doing well......as of today I have lost 30lbs. I have 10lbs to go:)

In the morning I'm for to the UK for a week, I hope I don't gain to much;) :blushing:

Way to go rennea! That's great. Hopefully you'll have done a lot of walking to help you offset any extra eating you may have done while in the UK.

I come here today because I'm having trouble motivating myself to get outside and go for my run. So now I'm telling you all that I'm going. That way, I'll actually go, even if nobody reads this. :)

How is it that I just now found this thread? Anyway, I need to drop 50 and I did it three years ago by journaling my food calories and fiber. Lower calories, higher fiber was my aim. I had almost no headaches then and felt great! My dh went to Iraq and I turned to food as a comfort and anesthetic.

Ok I hearby committ that I will start journaling TODAY and have healthy foods in the house by Monday.
Anyone want to keep me accountable? You know PM or email daily asking each other how we are doing. We'll have to be honest!

I started a running program this past Monday and decided that I want to run the NYC Marathon next year. Since it was this past Sunday, I have an entire year. They recommend you train for 6 months, so I've got a pretty good head start. Good Luck to everyone!!!!

Check in, here, everyday. It really does help if you stick to posting. If nobody posts, then nobody reads.
I've lost 14 pounds since early spring from eating almost no meat and very little dairy. I eat huge salads with avocado and roasted red bell peppers instead of dressing, baked sweet potatoes, old fashioned oatmeal sweetened with very ripe bananas and blueberries (picked fresh by me this summer and frozen), apples, and other fresh foods. I haven't totally given up ice cream, chocolate, and Wheat Thins, but my basic meal choices are much healthier. I never drink any form of soda or juice, or alcohol. I exercise at least 30 minutes a day and do Pilates for stength once or twice a week, but that isn't new. It's the vegetable eating because I had already started eating oatmeal and wasn't really losing a lot of weight. It's when I quit drinking milk, eating yogurt, and eating meat. I don't get light headed, and I'm not overly tired, either. I was wearing very tight 10's because I didn't really want to buy 12's, and yesterday I was able to put on some size 8's. They were tight around my waist, but wearable. I'm very excited about this.
Back to my going for a run" thing, now. Bye!

Congrats!I am still on WW, 5 weeks now...and I've lost exactly 14lbs so far! about 15 more to go and I will be a happy camper! :)

JAE said:
Way to go rennea! That's great. Hopefully you'll have done a lot of walking to help you offset any extra eating you may have done while in the UK.

I come here today because I'm having trouble motivating myself to get outside and go for my run. So now I'm telling you all that I'm going. That way, I'll actually go, even if nobody reads this. :)

Thanks, I didn't gain any while I was away.:)

Even if you don't want to go for a run just make sure you get out there for a walk, just keep moving. The fresh air will do you good!

Went for a short 3 miler (short because it's not quite 3). Did some sprinting about 4 different times. Glad to be showered, dry and warm, now.
Glad to hear you didn't gain any weight while in the UK, rennae.

Nova's Marathon Challenge
daniellemorgan said:
I started a running program this past Monday and decided that I want to run the NYC Marathon next year. Since it was this past Sunday, I have an entire year. They recommend you train for 6 months, so I've got a pretty good head start. Good Luck to everyone!!!!

Check out the Nova program that was just aired on pbs Marathon Challenge it was really good. and shows all the info and everybody that participated finished. hope that gives you some motivation.
As for myself I am down a total of 11 lbs and getting better fit every day.

poohritz said:
Check out the Nova program that was just aired on pbs Marathon Challenge it was really good. and shows all the info and everybody that participated finished. hope that gives you some motivation.
As for myself I am down a total of 11 lbs and getting better fit every day.

Thanks for the info Dave!!!!

<h2>1. What is the Fiber 35 Diet?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet is a weight loss and health program that focuses on increasing dietary fiber intake to improve overall health and aid in weight loss. It was created by nutritionist Brenda Watson and is based on the concept of consuming 35 grams of fiber per day.</p><h2>2. How does the Fiber 35 Diet work?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet works by increasing fiber intake, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, regulates blood sugar levels, and supports healthy digestion. It also involves incorporating whole, nutrient-dense foods into meals and snacks and reducing processed and high-sugar foods.</p><h2>3. Is the Fiber 35 Diet suitable for everyone?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet is generally safe and suitable for most adults. However, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new diet or health program, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.</p><h2>4. Can I still lose weight if I don't need to lose a lot?</h2><p>Yes, the Fiber 35 Diet is not just for weight loss, but also for improving overall health. Even if you don't have a lot of weight to lose, following the principles of the diet can still benefit your health and help you maintain a healthy weight.</p><h2>5. What kind of results can I expect from the Fiber 35 Diet?</h2><p>Results may vary from person to person, but many people who follow the Fiber 35 Diet report feeling more energized, having better digestion, and losing weight. It is important to note that results also depend on individual commitment and following the program properly.</p>

1. What is the Fiber 35 Diet?

The Fiber 35 Diet is a weight loss and health program that focuses on increasing dietary fiber intake to improve overall health and aid in weight loss. It was created by nutritionist Brenda Watson and is based on the concept of consuming 35 grams of fiber per day.

2. How does the Fiber 35 Diet work?

The Fiber 35 Diet works by increasing fiber intake, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, regulates blood sugar levels, and supports healthy digestion. It also involves incorporating whole, nutrient-dense foods into meals and snacks and reducing processed and high-sugar foods.

3. Is the Fiber 35 Diet suitable for everyone?

The Fiber 35 Diet is generally safe and suitable for most adults. However, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new diet or health program, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.

4. Can I still lose weight if I don't need to lose a lot?

Yes, the Fiber 35 Diet is not just for weight loss, but also for improving overall health. Even if you don't have a lot of weight to lose, following the principles of the diet can still benefit your health and help you maintain a healthy weight.

5. What kind of results can I expect from the Fiber 35 Diet?

Results may vary from person to person, but many people who follow the Fiber 35 Diet report feeling more energized, having better digestion, and losing weight. It is important to note that results also depend on individual commitment and following the program properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies
Views
heat123