• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Our Weight Loss Journey: Supportive Community for Healthy Living

In summary, the person is looking to "remove" 35 pounds from their body. They have started WW online, are wearing a pedometer, and drinking loads of hot green tea with no sugar. They also joined SparkPeople and are looking forward to working out with other people.
I would like to join your team too, so let me know t he name and I will look it up! I am twinsplu1.

I started the southbeach diet about 10 days ago and I can feel the difference in my pants. I have not weighed myself, because I do not have a scale, I need to get to my SIL house, she has one. I have had a few hard times, like when my hubby insisted on pizza last weekend! I did okay though, I ate 1 peice on thin crispy crust and then I got up and ate a salad, then I grabbed another peice but I just ate the toppings and they were mostly vegetables and ham, but no pepperoni and no sausage or anything like that! I have been to fast food 2-3 times since I started and ate a salad with grilled chicken and low cal, low fat dressings. When I'm at home and controlling things I do pretty well, and I've discovered if I start cooking early, long before my hubby has a chance to suggest eating out that he has no choice but to eat what has been cooked. So, I've been starting to make dinner around 4:30 everyday! Or I find a crockpot meal that is SB friendly and that works too! I like to make chicken or lean beef roast in our Southwestern seasoning, garlic, and more chili powder, and water and cook it all day and then make me a taco salad and the rest of my family can have tacos or a burrito!
Works out well for me!:thumbup: Good luck everyone;) :balloon:

Treadmills vary greatly in price depending on what kinds of "bells & whistles" you want. I got a fairly basic electric treadmill at Wal-mart for just over $200 last year.

chefpenny99 said:
Treadmills vary greatly in price depending on what kinds of "bells & whistles" you want. I got a fairly basic electric treadmill at Wal-mart for just over $200 last year.
thank you!

I'm on sparkpeople also (heyfield). Let me know when our group is set up and what name we're using. Thanks!

Hubby and I just discussed how I can buy a treadmill up here, since we don't have stores like Wal-Mart up here. There's only one in the gym that we have. I'm really wanting to get on one and walk a lot, but losing weight isn't my priority right now since I'm still preggo. After this baby is born, no more excuses for being big!

Tanoi said:
Hubby and I just discussed how I can buy a treadmill up here, since we don't have stores like Wal-Mart up here. There's only one in the gym that we have. I'm really wanting to get on one and walk a lot, but losing weight isn't my priority right now since I'm still preggo. After this baby is born, no more excuses for being big!

A solution might be a video series called "Walk Away the Pounds" by Leslie Sansone. I don't like walking outside, and treadmills bore me to tears. I found a set of her videos off of an informercial years ago, and I still use them. I see them in stores all the time, and I know I see them on Ebay as well.

Her old program had a 1, 2 or 3 mile "walk", but I have seen a 5 mile video as well. She really works your lower body, and also your upper body. I'm sweating like a stuck pig at the end of the 3 mile.

She's a Christian, and also has some videos that are overtly Christian in nature and music, but I haven't used one of those yet.

Her videos are the only one's I've ever purchased that I actually use, because they are fun, there is a variety, it works upper and lower body, and I don't get bored!

Good luck with whatever you choose!

I just signed up for the "Biggest Loser Million Pound Match-up". Might as well be rewarded for trying to get into shape. Check out my site: http://timandjosee.spaces.live.com or go to biggestloser.msn.com to sign up. The contest chooses five winners to go to California & one pair of people will win personal trainers for a year!

If you visit my site, sign my guest book & leave us a motivational message. It's a hard road & we could use the support from fellow chefs.

nikked said:
A solution might be a video series called "Walk Away the Pounds" by Leslie Sansone. I don't like walking outside, and treadmills bore me to tears. I found a set of her videos off of an informercial years ago, and I still use them. I see them in stores all the time, and I know I see them on Ebay as well.

Her old program had a 1, 2 or 3 mile "walk", but I have seen a 5 mile video as well. She really works your lower body, and also your upper body. I'm sweating like a stuck pig at the end of the 3 mile.

She's a Christian, and also has some videos that are overtly Christian in nature and music, but I haven't used one of those yet.

Her videos are the only one's I've ever purchased that I actually use, because they are fun, there is a variety, it works upper and lower body, and I don't get bored!

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Thanks, I'll look into that. I know we'll eventually get a treadmill anyway because I married the "track star" and the man has to run. It's so snowy here he wants to be able to use it during the winter months.

mommyhugz1978 said:
I made a new years resaloution to stop drinking soda... I have lost 5 pounds since new years..... I am almost down three pant sizes too!!! :D
Any weight loss is better than none !!!!

Right! A loss is a loss is a loss I say!

I have had a bad week.... just need more raw veggies but can't drive. *sigh*. Ok, will be good for the rest of the day. I'm finding hot tea, and frozen (not dipped) bananas are helping me.

:)

its_me_susan said:
Right! A loss is a loss is a loss I say!

I have had a bad week.... just need more raw veggies but can't drive. *sigh*. Ok, will be good for the rest of the day. I'm finding hot tea, and frozen (not dipped) bananas are helping me.

:)

I am starting weight watchers tonight...... I need the motivation for the last 50lbs that I want to loose......... But I have slowly started to messure my portion size when I make lunch or breakfast or dinner.. But I also am doing it for my DD and DH at the same time. If I am going to do it we are all going to eat healthy

I started weight watchers last night and I have been doing a lot of weight loss on my own. And since December of last year I have lost 9 lbs.... jsut want to share with everyone

I'll join all of you too. Since age 30 the pounds have added on. It wasn't until I started to see myself in photos that I said, "I'm fat". I dont' want to see myself that way anymore. I'm 5"1 and should not be more than 130 pounds for my body frame. I'm a lot more than that. I'm joining the gym in town where they have the biggest loser contest. $2000 for the winner. Good incentive for me. I'm going to do it this year. I want to walk across stage at leadership next year in my size 5 dress. I weigh in on Jan.29 and have my pictures taken. It's going to take daily hour exercise and cut the regular pop. Other than that, I eat healthy. A lack of exercise has caused my weight gain.

I'm going to "the biggest Loser" at the gym tomorrow. I'm joining a 16 week program. I'm really going to do it this time. I'm going to go to National 40 pounds lighter.

Hey everyone. Did everyone go to sparkpeople? How do I find you?

What does DH mean,does it mean "dear husband"?....I'm guessing

<h2>1. What is the purpose of "Join Our Weight Loss Journey: Supportive Community for Healthy Living"?</h2><p>The purpose of this group is to provide a supportive community for individuals who are looking to lead a healthier lifestyle and lose weight. It is a place where members can share their accomplishments, struggles, and tips for success.</p><h2>2. How does the group function?</h2><p>The group is primarily online and uses Weight Watchers as a guide for healthy eating. Members can post their progress, ask for advice, and provide support to others. There may also be in-person meetings or events organized by the group.</p><h2>3. Can anyone join the group?</h2><p>Yes, anyone who is committed to living a healthier lifestyle and losing weight is welcome to join. However, it is important to note that the group is not affiliated with Weight Watchers or Pampered Chef, and anyone looking to join should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any weight loss program.</p><h2>4. How is the group different from other weight loss programs?</h2><p>The group is unique in that it provides a supportive community for members to share their journey. It is not a structured weight loss program, but rather a place for individuals to connect and find motivation from others on a similar journey.</p><h2>5. What can I expect from joining the group?</h2><p>By joining the group, you can expect to have a supportive community to turn to for advice, motivation, and accountability. You will also have access to resources, such as healthy recipes and exercise tips, that can help you reach your weight loss goals. However, success ultimately depends on your dedication and commitment to making healthy lifestyle changes.</p>

1. What is the purpose of "Join Our Weight Loss Journey: Supportive Community for Healthy Living"?

The purpose of this group is to provide a supportive community for individuals who are looking to lead a healthier lifestyle and lose weight. It is a place where members can share their accomplishments, struggles, and tips for success.

2. How does the group function?

The group is primarily online and uses Weight Watchers as a guide for healthy eating. Members can post their progress, ask for advice, and provide support to others. There may also be in-person meetings or events organized by the group.

3. Can anyone join the group?

Yes, anyone who is committed to living a healthier lifestyle and losing weight is welcome to join. However, it is important to note that the group is not affiliated with Weight Watchers or Pampered Chef, and anyone looking to join should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any weight loss program.

4. How is the group different from other weight loss programs?

The group is unique in that it provides a supportive community for members to share their journey. It is not a structured weight loss program, but rather a place for individuals to connect and find motivation from others on a similar journey.

5. What can I expect from joining the group?

By joining the group, you can expect to have a supportive community to turn to for advice, motivation, and accountability. You will also have access to resources, such as healthy recipes and exercise tips, that can help you reach your weight loss goals. However, success ultimately depends on your dedication and commitment to making healthy lifestyle changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ughubug
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
babywings76