• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Weight Loss Journey: Unsuccessful Week 4

In summary, Jenni's cousin started weight watchers and Jenni gave up after a few weeks. Jenni is at 146.5 and hopes to be 140 by May 9th.
daniellemorgan
Okay so I should not be thread starter every week as I am the worst example of weight loss! :cry:

Week 1: 147 :thumbup:
Week 2: 149 :thumbdown:
Week 3: 147 :thumbup:
Week 4: 151 :eek: :cry: :yuck: :grumpy:

I even walked/ran a couple days this week and did some serious yard work. We rented a stump grinder, serious!! :( Oh well, what can I do now?!?!

On a side note (with a little TMI) I did get my period yesterday, so I feel like a balloon on legs...no excuse, but just a side note! :eek:

I really hope everyone else had a better week!

Bumping...

Well, I didn't weigh myself this a.m. but I am steady between 119-122 each day or week. I'm resigning myself slowly to the fact that this is my "post-babies" base weight now and I will never see 108-115 again. Oh well, focusing on eating steadier and healthier. I had a little more caffeine than normal over the weekend but back to water and similar drinks today.

Up a couple....blaming PMS and too much work so I can't get to the gym.

On a brighter note, I had two shows this weekend and barely ate and did not drink any alcohol. "Free" food is one of my weaknesses.

My goal this week is to make time for myself and go to the gym at least once or twice.

Ugh! I am up to 143 now. Don't worry Danielle, you are not alone in the bad example department!!!

I think I am going to sign up for Wieght Watchers online. I did ok with it once before. I really need to get this weight off because none of my summer pants fit me! I really don't want to spend money on new clothes that are bigger than what I have now, that would be too depressing.

sfdavis918 said:
Ugh! I am up to 143 now. Don't worry Danielle, you are not alone in the bad example department!!!

I think I am going to sign up for Wieght Watchers online. I did ok with it once before. I really need to get this weight off because none of my summer pants fit me! I really don't want to spend money on new clothes that are bigger than what I have now, that would be too depressing.

My cousin started weight watchers the first week we weighed in. I was 147 she was 156. Now I'm 151 and she's 146.:cry: If you can afford it do it!

Don't worry Danielle, I'm the one who started this whole thing, and I've been MIA this week (and maybe last week too!!). I have had a couple of stressful weeks, and bad eating weeks... Of course my DH has had a lot of stress over the last few months and LOST almost 20lb - not that I want the stress, but why can't I have that side effect, instead of just wanting to eat chocolate!!

Anway, I am trying to make a fresh start. I think I'm down about 2 lb from when we started, but my scale has been up and down, so I'm not really sure...

So, anyone want to start over with me? My mini goal is (again) 5lb in 3 weeks. I'll take 4, but my goal is 5! Also, to run on my treadmill 3 nights a week. Anyone want to join me just committing to really work hard for 3 weeks? I think it's alot easier to just say, "I'm going to stick with this for 3 weeks", than trying to think about doing it for months... And then when you see some results it's not so hard to keep going.

If anyone wants to partner for some accountability, I'm up for it (I'd guess that groups of 2-4 would work the best for that). I KNOW for me that food journaling and counting calories really works the best to keep me from snacking on junk. So that is what I need to do (again!). Feel free to ask me tomorrow if I am counting my calories! Of course I'm typing this right after eating a handful of chocolate chips... sigh...

P.S. I've also heard great things about WW - meetings and on-line.

I'm at 146 today:thumbup:. One pound more than I wanted, but down three from last week. Three sick kids:( and no gym time. I did alright on eating, it was lack of exercise that got me. But, the kids are all better and I'm back to my daily workouts. Finally! I am still optimistic about my goal of 140 by May 9th. I hope you all have an awesome week!
Jenni

Way to go Jenni!!!

I can't believe it. I have already sabotaged my day today eating wise. I must be PMSing because I can't stop eating. It's that horrible, I can't find anything to satisfy the craving that I have, but I will try some of everything in the house to figure out what it is. Ugh!!

sfdavis918 said:
Way to go Jenni!!!

I can't believe it. I have already sabotaged my day today eating wise. I must be PMSing because I can't stop eating. It's that horrible, I can't find anything to satisfy the craving that I have, but I will try some of everything in the house to figure out what it is. Ugh!!

Try something salty - salt and vinegar potato chips are great. :)

...and drink lots of water.

Take it from me, A weight watchers CONSISTANT DROP OUT! I am still in WW, but I took it serious the first 3 weeks and afte rthat I started to die off. Its an everyday struggle!! SO I CAN SYMPATHIZE WITH YOU ALL!

janetupnorth said:
Try something salty - salt and vinegar potato chips are great. :)

...and drink lots of water.
Nope, it wasn't salty. Had some chips with lunch and it didn't do it. I am going to try chocolate now. This happens to me every month. I crave something but have no idea what it is!!! Someone told me once to try protein, but I can't seem to get too excited about cooking an egg up. Oh, I know, maybe some eggo waffles. Sorry you guys, I shouldn't be talking this way!!

weigh in today...

on the way down, which is great.

Okay, I'm checkin' in a day late with a bit of guilt with me.:blushing: So far I have remained at 135 with a few pounds up and down, but I think it will be going up pretty quickly. My dh and I had a date night last night and ate at Island Burger...yum! Well, I had the Hawaiian Burger and my half of the jumbo basket of fries :)eek: not good with my cholesterol). I guess my standing grace is that I didn't have a Coke. But, then later we drove through Sonic and got a Hot Fudge Sundae. I have been bad.:eek:

I was better today and did give my dh my brownie from the reg meeting tho...:eek: We are planning on hitting the bike trails this weekend, so I should be better this week...hopefully.:blushing:

sfdavis918 said:
Way to go Jenni!!!

Wow, I'm not alone in this! I go through the same thing! Sometimes I find it, sometimes I think I've satisfied the craving, then another pops up in place of it. How a person crave multiple things in one day is beyond me.
Don't get too discouraged, if it's like mine, it doesn't last, then you can start fresh, unsabotaged!

Jenni

1. How can I stay motivated during a weight loss journey that seems unsuccessful?

Staying motivated during a weight loss journey can be challenging, especially during weeks where progress may be slow. One helpful tip is to set smaller, achievable goals for yourself. Celebrating these smaller victories can help keep you motivated and on track. Additionally, finding a support system, whether it's a friend, family member, or online community, can provide encouragement and accountability. Lastly, try to focus on the positive changes you have made, rather than dwelling on setbacks.

2. I've been following a strict diet and exercising regularly, but I'm still not seeing results. What could be the reason?

There are several possible reasons for not seeing weight loss results, even with a strict diet and regular exercise. One reason could be that you are not accurately tracking your food intake or exercise. It's important to measure and track everything you consume, as well as the intensity and frequency of your workouts. Another reason could be that your body has hit a plateau, and it may be time to switch up your routine or increase the intensity of your workouts. Lastly, make sure you are getting enough sleep and managing stress levels, as these factors can also affect weight loss.

3. I've been sticking to my meal plan, but I still have constant food cravings. How can I manage them?

Food cravings are a common struggle during a weight loss journey. One way to manage them is to plan for healthy, satisfying snacks throughout the day. This can help prevent intense cravings and overeating. Additionally, make sure you are staying hydrated and getting enough protein and fiber in your meals, as these can help keep you feeling full. If cravings do strike, try distracting yourself with a non-food related activity, such as taking a walk or reading a book.

4. I've been feeling discouraged after an unsuccessful week. How can I bounce back and continue my weight loss journey?

It's completely normal to feel discouraged after a week where you did not see the progress you were hoping for. However, it's important to remember that weight loss is not a linear process and setbacks are a natural part of the journey. Take this as an opportunity to reflect on your habits and make any necessary adjustments. Don't let one week of setbacks derail your entire journey. Stay consistent and trust the process.

5. I've been losing weight, but I'm worried about maintaining my progress. How can I prevent weight gain in the future?

Maintaining weight loss can be just as challenging as losing weight. To prevent weight gain in the future, it's important to continue practicing healthy habits. This includes staying active, monitoring your food intake, and finding a balance between indulging in your favorite foods and sticking to a nutritious diet. It's also helpful to have a support system in place to hold you accountable and provide encouragement. Remember, weight loss is a lifelong journey, and it's important to maintain a healthy mindset and lifestyle to sustain your progress.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ughubug
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
pamperedposey
Replies
Views
heat123