• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weightloss Challenge - Groups for Support

In summary, Group A - Goal 0-29 lb:AnnieBee (annabel)Kdawn (Kimberley)thecougchef (meghan)DaniellemorganPamperedChefCarolJillianAnthonyKatie0128Group B - Goal 30-49 lb:Heather223time2cook (Linda)ted (Tiffany
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Hi Ladies,

well, the people who have given feedback seem to like the idea of splitting up by weight loss goal. I REALLY hope I didn't miss anyone, and apologies for any typos, I'm trying to be quick, and reading my awful handwriting... :)

If I have something wrong, just join the appropriate thread!! A few of you didn't give any goals, you can figure out where you want to be! Each Group (I'm calling them A, B and C) can start a new thread each Monday morning when we all weigh in. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this differently, please chime in - I just want to get this started, so please don't think it's "my" thing... :)

I thought maybe we could also have a separate thread for general weight loss tips that we all can use - such as healthy and nutritious snack ideas, how to make veggies more appetizing without tons of butter or cheese :) excercise tips etc. What do you think?

Also if this gets a bit out of hand, we can consider moving the threads to a dedicated weightloss board!! So, here we are...

Group A - Goal 0-29 lb
AnnieBee (annabel)
Kdawn (Kimberley)
thecougchef (meghan)
Daniellemorgan
PamperedChefCarol
JillianAnthony
Katie0128
Pamperedposey (Cindy)

Group B - Goal 30-49 lb
Heather223
time2cook (Linda)
ted (Tiffany)
Twinchefs
afeller
paroese (Patti)
pkd09

Group C - Goal 50+ lb
ChefClarissa
ChefDella
ChefJeanine
PCJenn
Jcsmilez

No goal given: Pick your group!
iteachurkid
Mommyhugz (Leah)
Lockhartkitchen (Julie)
ChefStephaniePetersen (Stephanie)
Apamperedbride
KitchenDiva (Kacey)

Now, to (mis)quote Bob the Builder: "can we do it? Yes we CAN!!"

Have GREAT day!

AnnieBee said:
Hi Ladies,

well, the people who have given feedback seem to like the idea of splitting up by weight loss goal. I REALLY hope I didn't miss anyone, and apologies for any typos, I'm trying to be quick, and reading my awful handwriting... :)

If I have something wrong, just join the appropriate thread!! A few of you didn't give any goals, you can figure out where you want to be! Each Group (I'm calling them A, B and C) can start a new thread each Monday morning when we all weigh in. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this differently, please chime in - I just want to get this started, so please don't think it's "my" thing... :)

I thought maybe we could also have a separate thread for general weight loss tips that we all can use - such as healthy and nutritious snack ideas, how to make veggies more appetizing without tons of butter or cheese :) excercise tips etc. What do you think?

Also if this gets a bit out of hand, we can consider moving the threads to a dedicated weightloss board!! So, here we are...

Group A - Goal 0-29 lb
AnnieBee (annabel)
Kdawn (Kimberley)
thecougchef (meghan)
Daniellemorgan
PamperedChefCarol
JillianAnthony
Katie0128
Pamperedposey (Cindy)

Group B - Goal 30-49 lb
Heather223
time2cook (Linda)
ted (Tiffany)
Twinchefs
afeller
paroese (Patti)
pkd09

Group C - Goal 50+ lb
ChefClarissa
ChefDella
ChefJeanine
PCJenn
Jcsmilez

iteachurkid
Mommyhugz (Leah)
Lockhartkitchen (Julie)
Apamperedbride
KitchenDiva (Kacey)

Have GREAT day!

Count me in group A :)

sounds good to me! Thanks a lot! We got our bridesmaids dresses for the wedding in August yesterday...my chest is a little big and I can't zip it :( I'm hoping to REALLY lose this weight!!!

thanks annabel!
just booked our girls weekend in vegas for the first weekend in june.
eeeeek! :eek: :yuck:
between monday morning weigh ins & the thought of lying next to the pool in my bikini - ill definitely be kicking myself into gear.
thumbup.gif

Thanks! I feel off the diet wagon yesterday (I know~ bad after only 1 day) but I am back on it today. :chef:

I'm with group B. Another 5 miles this morning!! Yea!

Find out how many calories you should be eating!Hey everyone!

This is a useful tool that should help get you started. Once you get the final number subtract 500 calories a day, burn 500 a day or split it and eat 250 less and burn 250 more.

Calculate Your BMR

Your BMR is the amount of energy your body needs to function!

We use about 60% of the calories we consume each day for basic bodily functions such as breathing. Other factors that influence your BMR are height, weight, age and sex.

Step one is to calculate your BMR with the following formula:

Women:
655 + (4.3 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

Men:
66 + (6.3 x weight in pounds) + (12.9 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

Please note that this formula applies only to adults.

Calculate Activity

Step two: In order to incorporate activity into your daily caloric needs, do the following calculation:
If you are sedentary : BMR x 20 percent
If you are lightly active: BMR x 30 percent
If you are moderately active (You exercise most days a week.): BMR x 40 percent
If you are very active (You exercise intensely on a daily basis or for prolonged periods.): BMR x 50 percent
If you are extra active (You do hard labor or are in athletic training.): BMR x 60 percent
Add this number to your BMR.

The result of this formula will be the number of calories you can eat every day and maintain your current weightt. In order to lose weight, you'll need to take in fewer calories than this result.

As you lose weight, you can re-calculate the formula to assess your new BMR.

Here is the website all this info came from:
Weight Loss - BMR - How Many Calories Should I Eat - How to Calculate Caloric Needs - Basal Metabolic Rate Forumla

If you eat 500 less and burn 500 more a day you can maintain a 2 lb a week weight loss (3,500 calories = 1 lb of fat). :yuck: :yuck:

Good Luck!!!! :D :D

AnnieBee said:
Hi Ladies,

Group A - Goal 0-29 lb
AnnieBee (annabel)
Kdawn (Kimberley)
thecougchef (meghan)
Daniellemorgan
PamperedChefCarol
JillianAnthony
Katie0128
Pamperedposey (Cindy)

Group B - Goal 30-49 lb
Heather223
time2cook (Linda)
ted (Tiffany)
Twinchefs
afeller
paroese (Patti)
pkd09

Group C - Goal 50+ lb
ChefClarissa
ChefDella
ChefJeanine
PCJenn
Jcsmilez

iteachurkid
Mommyhugz (Leah)
Lockhartkitchen (Julie)
Apamperedbride
KitchenDiva (Kacey)

Have GREAT day!

I'll be joining group C...this week hasn't been good and I'm thinking this weekend may be worse...Oh wagon, where are you?????

I did the calculations and I got the same number as in the software that I use. I use NutriBase EZ Edition to track my calories because I can enter it in cups, ounces, average size, whatever!
http://nbez.biz/

Thedailyplate.com has some good calculations too.

Maximum calories/day in order to lose weight: 1485.1

iced grande caramel macchiato: 230 calories.

oops.

janetupnorth said:
Thedailyplate.com has some good calculations too.

thanks janet. just signed up. :thumbup:

thecougchef said:
thanks janet. just signed up. :thumbup:

You're welcome! I don't NEED to lose weight but 5 lbs. wouldn't kill me to be back to pre-baby weight. But I am trying to be healthier and cut out the caffeine and some junk. It is interesting tracking me meals for the past few days. The funny thing is according to it, I haven't been eating enough in a day!

Now that I'm eating more regularly and drinking more water, I do have a bit more energy. Hopefully it will kick up my metabolism a bit! :)

Hi AnnieBee--

I didn't respond initially (I wasn't on for a while), but if there's still time I would love to join this group. I would be classified in Group B. If you'd like you can PM me and give me the details of how we report our progress.

I've made a deal with my husband that in order for me to go to conference I have to lose the 30+ lbs. that I gained since we got married (13 years ago!). So now I really need some help to stay on track. Any constructive criticism people want to give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!

Hi Karen, glad you'll be joining us! It's pretty informal - Each Monday morning someone will start a Group A, Group B and Group C thread, where we can weigh in. I guess we can use the threads through the week for posts here in there for advice or motivation and accountability, but I guess if it gets too out of hand we might want to move to a dedicated weight loss board for this stuff!! I'm hoping we can have an on going "weight-loss tips" thread too.

I'm just getting this started, anyone can chime in with ideas of what they want to do/how they want to do it, it's not just "my" thing :)

Hope this helps! Also, if you didn't already read the "weight loss challenge" thread, that also had some info and ideas for losing weight.

Group C- I shouldn't be embarrassed here by saying I need to lose 100 pounds. At the gym where I joined "the biggest loser" my starting weight and current weight are on a board for all to see. We weigh in on Tuesday nights, so I will have an update.

If it's not too late I would like to join group C.....TIA

I jump on this wagon...group C

Just learned this in Anatomy yesterday, so I thought I would share!

Only 10% of the fats that we eat are digestible!!!
Some of those fats include:
1. the omega fatty acids we keep hearing about
2. DHA fatty acids
3. olive oil
4. avocado oil

The other 90% go directly into our blood and get circulated through our bodies, which is how we end up with clogged arteries and fatty livers. Any leftover fat that hasn't clogged anything or stuck to anything gets stored as the hips, belly, thighs, arms, etc... that we love so much. :cry: :yuck: :cry:

1. saturated
2. trans
3. hydrogenated anything

Pretty gross! Hope this helps!

Last edited:
ZumbaI am thinking about trying Zumba, and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the DVDs? There is a great class (so I have heard) about 18 minutes away, but I am thinking I would be more likely to do it if I didnt' have to drive....

daniellemorgan said:
Just learned this in Anatomy yesterday, so I thought I would share!

Only 10% of the fats that we eat are digestible!!!
1. the omega fatty acids we keep hearing about
2. DHA fatty acids
3. olive oil
4. avocado oil

The other 90% go directly into our blood and get circulated through our bodies, which is how we end up with clogged arteries and fatty livers. Any leftover fat that hasn't clogged anything or stuck to anything gets stored as the hips, belly, thighs, arms, etc... that we love so much. :cry: :yuck: :cry:

1. saturated
2. trans
3. hydrogenated anything

Pretty gross! Hope this helps!

Well, I feel pretty good right now... made quacamole and fresh salsa today, measured out 1 ounce of chips, 3/4 oz of cheese and had nachos for dinner. The avocado should balance out the cheese and chips!!

Now how to I rationalize this cosmo that is front of me????? Hey, it was made with fresh lime juice... that's a serving of fruit, right???

cookingisfunagain said:
I am thinking about trying Zumba, and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the DVDs? There is a great class (so I have heard) about 18 minutes away, but I am thinking I would be more likely to do it if I didnt' have to drive....

I did a Zumba class at the "Y" - it was really a workout!

I would think that it would be better in class.

I think the DVDs are very expensive and it is nice to have an instructor showing the steps and pushing you to work out for that hour or so.

Can I still join?
AnnieBee said:
Hi Karen, glad you'll be joining us! It's pretty informal - Each Monday morning someone will start a Group A, Group B and Group C thread, where we can weigh in. I guess we can use the threads through the week for posts here in there for advice or motivation and accountability, but I guess if it gets too out of hand we might want to move to a dedicated weight loss board for this stuff!! I'm hoping we can have an on going "weight-loss tips" thread too.

I'm just getting this started, anyone can chime in with ideas of what they want to do/how they want to do it, it's not just "my" thing :)

Hope this helps! Also, if you didn't already read the "weight loss challenge" thread, that also had some info and ideas for losing weight.
If possible, i would love to join in on this!!
Accountability works!!
One tip that a fried of mine shared, is that we buy the prepackaged 100 calorie snacks... as they are premeasured, and portable!
Looking forward to it.... group A please!!
Thanks!

I would like to be added to the list under group B, please. Summer is just around the corner, could stand to take off 40 lbs at this time.

Last year my New Year's resolution was ME! I decided that I was going to change the way I looked at food and decided that it was time to take off the baby weight. I lost 60 pounds in about 8 months and I'm smaller than I was in high school. I would be happy to share lowfat, low cal and high fiber meals that I eat. I also have a snacking issue and late evening boredom eating issue. That hasn't gone away I've just learned how to include it in my daily living. I would love to share what has worked if anyone is interested. Prior to losing weight I was an occasional exerciser I now work out 4-6 times/week so I can eat the things I love and not deprive myself. Sorry ladies, exercise is the key. However, the good news is, once you start you don't want to stop! HTH

First of all congratulations!! I have lost 40 pounds myself, but I still have 30 left to go! I would love to try any high fiber, low fat CHOCOLATE recipes you may have.:love:

Can I Join Your Group?So how does one join your group? I work for Weight Watchers and have put on some weight and would love to take it off. Being I work for the company a lot is expected of me... but there is so much judgment from coworkers. I don't care to share my struggles with judgmental people. I love what I do and helping others but right know I could use some help and support with 15 pounds. I lost 43 pounds 6 years ago, had some major life changes and health problems two years ago and can't seem to change my mindset back to weight loss mode!
:chef: New to the PC world... My 30 day marker was April 3rd!

I got a great recipe for brownies on this site. 1 box of brownies mixed with pureed black beans. sounds gross tastes great. Just last night I made a chocolate cake with a can of soda put it in the fluted stone and nuked it for 10 minutes. I added frosting prior to cooking but it really didn't need it. Happy chocolate fix!

Can you please add me to Group A? Not much to lose, but need motivation! May main goal is toning all the baby flab!

I'm hopping into Group C! Hope you don't mind! I have been doing TurboJam and tracking my calories with sparkpeople.com and I have lost about 6 lbs so far in about a week. This weekend was rough so I'm back at it again! I'll go weigh in!

Also joining group C!
I need to be held accountable for a slow, large transformation. Just having a c-section 2 weeks ago, I know it will be a slow start but that is better than no start! 3 kids in less than 5 years, it's time for me!!!!

Hey ladies posting today (too many to list!)

Anyone can join, at anytime! The more the merrier :) Just choose a group (A, B or C) depending on your weight loss goals, and join that thread. Good luck!

If I remember rightly A is 1-29 lb, B is 30-49 lb and C is 50+ lb

Buckeye fan - please take care of yourself!! You are considered post-partum for AT LEAST 6 weeks (esp. after a c-section) go easy on yourself, and when your ready to really go for it we'll still be here :). You need your energy to heal, especially with those broken nights (and 3 kids to look after). I remember being so hungry those first few weeks... I hope this comes across in the friendly manner in which it is intended (even though I'm a Michigan fan :D).

I would like to be added to group A. Thanks

Woooo Hoooooooo please count me in on Group B. I would love to lose between 10 and 15 pounds by conference :) And then another 15-20 by the holidays.

Can I please join group A? Thank you!

AnnieBee said:
Buckeye fan - please take care of yourself!! You are considered post-partum for AT LEAST 6 weeks (esp. after a c-section) go easy on yourself, and when your ready to really go for it we'll still be here :). You need your energy to heal, especially with those broken nights (and 3 kids to look after). I remember being so hungry those first few weeks... I hope this comes across in the friendly manner in which it is intended (even though I'm a Michigan fan :D).
Thanks for your concern! You are all so sweet! I have recieved so many nice thoughts and good advice!:blushing:
I thought I would have to wait to start focusing on fitness too but when I went to my ONE WEEK check-up the doctor told me it was ok to start exercising again. I was blown away! (I also laughed a little bit, like yeah I'll get right on that kind of laugh) I've been taking it really slow. Mostly trying to get my energy level back up a little, walking, cleaning (definetly a work out with three kids!) Just getting out and about again is energizing. Right now I'm just focusing on feeling good again and making healthier food choices.
Thank you again though! I know it's going to take a while to get there but slow and steady wins the race right!;)

1. Can I join a different group if my weight loss goals change?

Yes, you are free to switch groups if your goals change. Just let the group leader know so they can update the thread and keep track of your progress.

2. What if I don't have a specific weight loss goal?

You can choose which group to join based on your current weight and how much you would like to lose. If you are unsure, you can always start in a group and switch later if needed.

3. How often should I weigh in?

We recommend weighing in once a week, preferably on the same day and time, to track your progress. This also helps with accountability and motivation.

4. Can I join the weight loss challenge at any time?

Yes, you can join at any time. Just join the appropriate group and start participating in the weekly weigh-ins and discussions.

5. Are there any specific rules or guidelines for the weight loss challenge?

No, there are no strict rules or guidelines. This challenge is meant to provide support and motivation for those looking to lose weight. You are free to participate as much or as little as you like, but we encourage everyone to engage with their group and share tips and progress.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva