• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Get Fit Together: Join the 30-day Shred Challenge!

In summary, the goal of the 30-Day Shred is to lose weight and improve your health. The DVD is available for purchase at Target, Walmart, and Amazon.com. The program is intense, with three levels of difficulty, and requires that you work out every day. The ultimate goal is to lose 8-10 pounds a month.
I just received my DVDs today! Looks like my day 1 will be tomorrow since I have a billion meetings today after work.

No "Shred" for me today, but I did spend about 1.5 hrs outside cutting back rose bushes and butterfly bushes, etc.....some MONSTER bushes. It was just too nice to stay inside- 70+ degrees!!! My arms are so shaky and numb I can barely lift them, even typing is hard right now. I don't think I'll be getting very far with Jillian today, but I will do it tomorrow.

On phone, preapology if I typo.

Still no working out for me. Shoveled snow this week. Tried to do abs yesterday. Got 20 minutes in without over exerting my LCL. But my foot (same leg) is starting to feel the pressure & pain.

How's everyone else doing. I should be able to shred again Saturday! I'm really excited!

I did my 11th day today. Started level two. I seriously think she was trying to kill me. I know it will get easier the more I do it.

I was alternating 30DS with the No More Trouble Zones workout. I actually really like her videos because she's so encouraging. I also like that she picks on herself for not being flexible. I just got in my Power 90 set today, so I'm going to start that soon. My goal is to be able to rock a hot dress for my commencement gala.

I've been alternating the 30DS with a Yoga/Pilates thing that a friend got me into when I was visiting her this past weekend. It's nice but I really like JM, she definitely motivates me!!

I have been doing the Turbo Jam workouts with Chalene Johnson. You can get them through BeachBody (same makers of P90X). It's not as inexpensive as the Jillian Michael's DVDs, but they are FUN, have great variety and the instructor doesn't yell at you. :)

This one has had some longevity for me. I usually wind up hating a workout and gritting my teeth to get through it, but I actually look forward to my workout time most days now.

Just a suggestion for those of you who might want some other options. It is mostly a kickboxing type of cardio workout, with some strength training mixed in.

PampChefJoy said:
I have been doing the Turbo Jam workouts with Chalene Johnson. You can get them through BeachBody (same makers of P90X). It's not as inexpensive as the Jillian Michael's DVDs, but they are FUN, have great variety and the instructor doesn't yell at you. :)

This one has had some longevity for me. I usually wind up hating a workout and gritting my teeth to get through it, but I actually look forward to my workout time most days now.

Just a suggestion for those of you who might want some other options. It is mostly a kickboxing type of cardio workout, with some strength training mixed in.

I did that one for awhile and then I think that was when I hurt my hip or triggered something at least. Never went back to it, but it was fun though. Some interesting moves that took getting used to! ;)

BTW-Jillian doesn't yell on her videos- that's just for TV on Biggest Loser, etc. haha.

Right, Jillian doesn't yell at you :) She's bluntly encouraging but doesn't yell.
I'm actually doing the Beachbody Challenge with a friend here so I'm going to be doing TurboFire (Chalene) after I finish 30 Day Shred.To those of you on Level 2 (or 3?) how do you like it?So y'all probably are aware of my taking 3 1/2 weeks recovery for my LCL. About 2 weeks ago I slowly started to do modified versions of my workouts. About 10 days ago I did a new type of workout (Yogilates) that was longer and much less stressful on my body but REALLY exhilarating. About 4 days ago I started doing my 30-Day shred again but I've been really frustrated with it because I didn't feel like it pushed me enough so I was doing twice the amount of workout time combining 30DS with the "yogilates." That's a lot!
I figured, "alright, I think it's just time for me to move on to 30DS level 2"
In all technicality I DID 10 days of level one, actually 12 I think, but it was spaced out due to my injury.
Well Level Two KICKED MY BUTT. According to my HRM, I burned about the same number of calories, but I'm okay with that. I got a great workout in and I'm SO proud of myself!How is everyone else doing?!?

I am still doing level 1, tried level 2, but it was a lot more jumping, which I have a hard time with. I am also doing weight watchers, which I love! I am definitely starting to see a difference in the way I feel and the way my clothes fit for sure! So glad for this accountability as well. Oh, forgot to mention I am doing 30 day shred mon, wed and fri and ab ripper x on tue and thur. So, I am really seeing a difference in my abs! Yay!!!

chezshelly said:
I am still doing level 1, tried level 2, but it was a lot more jumping, which I have a hard time with. I am also doing weight watchers, which I love! I am definitely starting to see a difference in the way I feel and the way my clothes fit for sure! So glad for this accountability as well. Oh, forgot to mention I am doing 30 day shred mon, wed and fri and ab ripper x on tue and thur. So, I am really seeing a difference in my abs! Yay!!!

I'm glad to see that! When I read that you weren't doing level 2 I was concerned because I know that if you do the same workout too long, it's actually not good for your body. But since you're alternating, you'll be okay for awhile.

I still have my belly pouch thing, but I've noticed a difference in my abs too! I was working out with a friend and afterwards we were in her kitchen and I guess when I twisted my body to turn and walk it made my abs look amazing. So I kind of tightened and felt and OH my! It was awesome! LOL!

When this was originally posted/started, I was still in my running mode. Then I got sick. Got well, went back to the gym to restrengthen. Got sick. Went back to the gym again, got hurt. Gave up.

Then last week while I was in WalMart, I happened to see the dvd, it was only $9.98, so I bought it thinking, okay, so many are doing this, I'll give it a try.

Well, thanks to this "accountability, encouragement" thread, I just finished day 5. Why the big deal? Well, today was one of those days...really tired, lots to do on my list, really tired (did I mention that?), and the cheesecake in the frig kept calling my name. So I took the cheesecake out of the frig to see what it wanted...for me to eat it of course! But I said, "No Mr. Cheesecake, you're going in the trash. I'm going to do my shredding now, even though I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to." So I did.

THAT was a huge step. Thanks for filling me in on this exercise program!

Way to go pchockeymom! Every step in the right direction is a positive one! Way to not let cheesecake control your life! Hehe!

I havent done the dvd in awhile, but a local friend and I have challenged each other to start training for a 5k this spring. It seemed like a good goal we can both do together. My training app does 3days a week, so I am going to try to put Shred in between days again, so I am doing my running, but maybe some strength/ab work too. We will see, but even if I dont and just do my C25K app, that is huge for me! Plus, we are keeping each other accountable for our WW points tracking and food. We see each other every week, and have about the same amount to lose overall.

We are thinking of calling our "team" The Triangle Shape Shifters. We want new shapes by the end of the summer! :D

esavvymom;833933We are thinking of calling our "team" The Triangle Shape Shifters. We want new shapes by the end of the summer! :D[/QUOTE said:
That's hysterical!!!:thumbup:

Brenda.the.chef said:
I ordered the 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 and TBL:The Workout - Weight Loss Yoga with Bob HarperI get bored easily (that's my excuse) and now I will wait for their arrival in my mail box. Hopefully they won't gather dust like all of the other workout videos I've purchased over the years.
Just letting you all know that I did receive these DVDs in late January/early February (can't remember) and have yet to open them! I'm wondering how everyone else is doing with their workouts. I'm seriously lacking in the accountability department. :cry:

I started 30 Day Shred today again. I have been eating "clean" for 6 weeks without really being serious about exercise. I have lost weight and inches but know in order to get the results I want I have to exercise. How is everyone else doing on their program of choice?

Now that I have my jaw joint replacement surgery over, I will be able to eat healthy foods again soon. I start PT today for my jaws and as soon as I am released to start exercising I will be doing so. I lost 60 pounds last year and still need to lose another 30. I was derailed by 3 major jaw surgeries in less than a year.
But I will be joining all of y'all soon!!!!!!!! I wish everyone the best on their journey!

I havent been on here for awhile membership ran out and didnt register till today. We started doing JM in March or April and end of May I came home from my workout and I could hear/feel a mummer in my heart. I had a valve replacement done 10 yrs ago, so we started walking. Will have to have another valve replacement in the future. Dr thinks I tore a leaflet in my valve. So we walk the track everyday for 3 miles.

and mine STILL sits in unopened packages.....Guess I need to actually get out of bed when my alarm goes off at 5 instead of laying there watching the news til 6! lol

<h2>1. What is "Let's Get Fit Together: Join the 30-day Shred Challenge!"?</h2><p>"Let's Get Fit Together: Join the 30-day Shred Challenge!" is a fitness program created by Jillian Michaels that consists of a 30-day workout plan and healthy recipes to help individuals reach their fitness goals.</p><h2>2. Is it weird to ask others to join the challenge with me?</h2><p>No, it is not weird at all! In fact, having a workout buddy or accountability partner can be a great motivator and make the challenge more enjoyable.</p><h2>3. How can I participate in the challenge?</h2><p>To participate in the challenge, you will need to purchase the 30-day Shred DVD, which is available at various retailers such as Target, Walmart, and Amazon. You can also stream it on Amazon Instant Video or rent it from Netflix. Once you have the DVD, you can follow along with the workouts and share your progress with others.</p><h2>4. Can I do a different workout program instead of the 30-day Shred?</h2><p>Yes, you can definitely join in and share your progress even if you are following a different workout program. The main goal of this challenge is to have a support system and hold each other accountable, regardless of the specific workout being done.</p><h2>5. Do I need any equipment for the 30-day Shred workouts?</h2><p>Yes, some of the workouts do require light hand weights and a mat. However, modifications can be made if you do not have these items. Alternatively, you can also use household items as weights, such as water bottles or cans of food.</p>

1. What is "Let's Get Fit Together: Join the 30-day Shred Challenge!"?

"Let's Get Fit Together: Join the 30-day Shred Challenge!" is a fitness program created by Jillian Michaels that consists of a 30-day workout plan and healthy recipes to help individuals reach their fitness goals.

2. Is it weird to ask others to join the challenge with me?

No, it is not weird at all! In fact, having a workout buddy or accountability partner can be a great motivator and make the challenge more enjoyable.

3. How can I participate in the challenge?

To participate in the challenge, you will need to purchase the 30-day Shred DVD, which is available at various retailers such as Target, Walmart, and Amazon. You can also stream it on Amazon Instant Video or rent it from Netflix. Once you have the DVD, you can follow along with the workouts and share your progress with others.

4. Can I do a different workout program instead of the 30-day Shred?

Yes, you can definitely join in and share your progress even if you are following a different workout program. The main goal of this challenge is to have a support system and hold each other accountable, regardless of the specific workout being done.

5. Do I need any equipment for the 30-day Shred workouts?

Yes, some of the workouts do require light hand weights and a mat. However, modifications can be made if you do not have these items. Alternatively, you can also use household items as weights, such as water bottles or cans of food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
heat123
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613