• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lose Weight with Accountability Partner!

In summary, Sara is trying to get back on track with her diet, but is having trouble due to her increased responsibilities. Jennifer would like to join Sara in her quest and email her later tonight. Another woman, Nicki, has been successful using a combination of WW points and the Core program.
nicki25
Silver Member
Anyone out there trying to loose weight??? I was doing a great job working on this before Christmas and even lost 30 pounds. Now I am having some trouble staying on my diet. I am sure I could go to a website for dieters and find someone who might help me stay accountable but I thought I would try here first so that we would have something else in common and maybe we could help with our businesses. Let me know if anyone is interested???

I feel you pain - I am trying to get going on my diet again I have been dong the WW core program and as of last week have lost 27 lbs

My DH and I are in a battle with our weight and have just issued each other a challenge. I would love to have a accountability partner to help me go along. My goal is to be down by 40 hopefully by National Conference! I want to look my best this summer.

Sara I would love to chat with you more. my email is [email protected] if you are interested.

Girls, girls, girls. I can't stick to a diet to save my life!!! I used to have no trouble keeping my weight the same and eating good. Since I got married (7 yrs ago) with an instant family (2 step daughters, one will eat nothing but junk) and had a baby, I can't stop gaining!!!! If I hadn't been able to maintain for several years before I got married, I would think there was something seriously wrong with me. Of course, I never bought junk before we were married, so that made a huge difference. Plus, I am a stress eater and guess what!! I babysit for a bunch of brats!!! Some days I am shoving it in with both hands!!

I would love to chat with you all about dieting. I did WW points and it worked, it's just hard to count points for myself, my husband, fix food the kids will eat, babysit, sell PC AND homeschool!!! Maybe I need to try the core.

Jennifer email me and we can set up a 3 way accountablity group.

I've been on WW for years--normally the Flex program, but I admit I never count points. I've found that if I pay very close attention to portion sizes, that helps me. I'm thinking of trying to Core program this year to see how that does as I'm 13 pounds over my lifetime goal. Also, in You, On a Diet, Dr Oz of Oprah fame states you must walk 30 minutes per day, no matter what. The nice thing is you don't have to do it all at once! You can split it up into 15 or 10 minute increments. You probably will also want to use the PC cookbook with all the healthy recipes to pick your demo from.

JackieBozeman said:
I've been on WW for years--normally the Flex program, but I admit I never count points. I've found that if I pay very close attention to portion sizes, that helps me. I'm thinking of trying to Core program this year to see how that does as I'm 13 pounds over my lifetime goal. Also, in You, On a Diet, Dr Oz of Oprah fame states you must walk 30 minutes per day, no matter what. The nice thing is you don't have to do it all at once! You can split it up into 15 or 10 minute increments. You probably will also want to use the PC cookbook with all the healthy recipes to pick your demo from.

:eek: I have the book but haven't read it all. I didn't realize you could split it up!! I thought you were supposed to do it all at once!! I have a tread mill and a big gym set in the basemet. I just couldn't stand getting on it and staring at the wall for 30 minutes!! I can handle 15 in the morning and 15 at night though.

Thanks for the info. I have been using a pedometer daily and trying to make sure that I get 10,000 steps in a day.

Nicki,

Two of the kids I babysit for are getting ready to leave. I will email you later tonight. My goal is to lose at least 70 pounds, but will do more if I can!!!

JackieBozeman said:

I totally agree with Dr. OZ & his program, he is a GREAT & personable guy. I just have to say that before he became "Famous" on Oprah...he was & still is the best Heart Surgeon in the country! Quad by passes on Clinton, Frank Torre to name a few...Oh Wait & the best one of all...MY DH...:D :D :D & Thanks to Dr. OZ ( besides giving me my DHs life) we also both quit smoking (3 packs a day each for almost 40 yrs):eek: :eek: :eek:
God Bless Dr. Oz!!!:D :D :D

I would love to get in with accountability program as well! I'm on ww and have lost 8lbs so far...I have to work on tracking points.

I am also trying to lose weight I put it on after I quit working when I had #2 I am doing the firm workout and watching my portions. I have decided that I am an emotional eater it was a good thing that I did not have any sweets on fri or sat

I'm in the club too. I lost 80 pounds about 5 years ago and they have all found me again! HELP!!

I'm in the club too. I lost 80 pounds about 5 years ago and they have all found me again! HELP!! :eek:

How about if we check in every day and say what we did to stay on track that day and how we're doing?!

I have been trying to lose weight for about 10 years now...lol. I never quite recovered from the birth of my 10 yr old. And then had my son in 04. After he was born, I actually got down to the same weight and size I was when I was about 18 (not small by any means, but I was smaller). I kept it off for a good year, then in May of 05' I was diagnosed with High Grade Dysplasia/CIS which I then underwent a full hystorectomy. Since that time, I have gained more then my fair share of the weight back, and because of being thrust into menepause (no, not peri-menepause, I have the full blown thing!), I am having a he**uva time staying on track no matter how much I excersise or diet. PLUS...I have developed some bizzare case of Rosacea!! I used to have beautiful clear skin, now I look more like Rudolph! Ugh...and I'm only 34 :(

Ok...pitty party over...

But I would like to lose the weight and KEEP IT OFF!!!

Darby,
I know how you feel. I had a hysterectomy at 31 and then at 35 lost all but 6 inches of my colon. Talk about gaining weight. I have gained probably 60 or so in the last few years and I wasn't small then. I need to loos weight before my 20 year reunion this year. I am on the boat with you. (of course I just snarfed doritos before typing this :))

websiteJust in case anyone is interested, there's a website my husband and I use to track our wieght training and wieght loss called www.fitday.com It has helped my husband go from 200 plus to 180 or so now with a lot of muscle gain. It counts calories among other things. I'm not so great at keeping it updated, so I just bought myself a training book to jot things down in (like what I eat when I'm in the car uptown etc.).

nicki25 said:
Anyone out there trying to loose weight??? I was doing a great job working on this before Christmas and even lost 30 pounds. Now I am having some trouble staying on my diet. I am sure I could go to a website for dieters and find someone who might help me stay accountable but I thought I would try here first so that we would have something else in common and maybe we could help with our businesses. Let me know if anyone is interested???

check into the site... www.sparkpeople.com. You can journal your food, fitness, etc. They have boards, recipes, all sorts of stuff. Pretty cool and all for free.

I, too, am trying to "release" some weight. Saying that I want to loose it implys that I will try and find it later!! I seem to do that alot, so this time, I am taking things more seriously. Dusted off my weight watchers stuff, and basically just going to focus on calories, healthy whole foods, moving more than sitting, and portion control.

So far, I have released 4.5 lbs. Not as fast I would like, but slow by steady wins the race.

It is so hard to get back on track after the holidays! I was going to rejoin weight watchers but instead a bunch of us are weighing in at someones house each week, we pay $10. We call it the "Biggest Loser" who ever loses the must precentage weight by the end of April will take the money!:D

OkIt sounds like a lot of us want to do this. How can we do it without taking up a ton of space on Chef Success. Maybe we can all list our emails, then set up a special distribution list on our email. Then when we need strength, just want to share an accomplishment, or maybe just report in each day, we can send out one email that will go to all in the distribution list. Then the next person can just reply all if they want to, or just reply for a personal email, or just start a new one. What do you all think? Instead of Chef Success, we could be Weight Success (well, hopefully).

I think that is a good idea. How do we do it??? Or we could pair up and have groups of 2 or 3 and keep each other accountable that way.

I'd like to be included as well, however this gets set up. I actually reached my WW goal weight 6 weeks ago, and as of this week I'm a lifetime member. I'm having more trouble maintaining than taking it off, though! If we pair up, I would love to find someone who might be in the same boat, although pairing up with someone who's trying to lose (or "release" - I like that!) would be wonderful, too.

Thanks!
Diane

Doesn't matter to me. The more the merrier in my opinion and more ideas and recipes to share. I personally am probably going to try the Dr Oz diet again. I did it a month and a half or so ago and really liked it, I just ran out of recipe ideas. This diet is very similar to the Weight Watchers core diet.

Oh my ladies! I have been trying to lose weight recently so that I can have my next baby! :( Sucks I haven't succeeded. But I am planning on readhing all my goals this year, and losing the weight is definately one of those goals!

Ok. Well, I am ready to set up my email distribution list. If you want to be on mine, please list you email. I'll be on anyone's that will have me. Mine is [email protected]

Count me InI too am on WW (flex points for me). I Don't like to be told NO. So Flex points is the way. 2 weeks down 4.5lbs released:D Next weigh-in is tomorrow:eek:
So Count me in ladies and lets let there be less of us for National's:D

Add me too: [email protected]

oh man. I just joined SparkPeople.com looks like a good site so far. :D

I never had to watch what I ate or anything. Than I had 2 children over 5 years. I worked out and lost about 15lbs, it doesn't sound like much but for me it was a good thing. I went to Mytle Beach with DH and another couple about 1 1/2 years ago and have now put most of the 15lbs lost back on. I had to go to the doctor today for and H & P and hot on the scale and my eyes about fell out of my sockets. I had better get my butt in gear and start working out and learn to learn to portion. So I would love to be in the diet thing with all of you. My email address is [email protected]

How do I set up a distribution list and I will also set one up. Do I just make a list in my email addresses and then it is ready to send out?? (I am a little computer illiterate when it come to the computer, but I am learning).

Count me in as well. I have a goal to lose 40 pounds before my cruise in August. I am back working with my personal trainer 2-3 times a week.

I also just started WW and am doing the flex points. I have lost 4.8 pounds in my first two weeks. My biggest downfall is not exercising but I like the 15 minutes in the morning, 15 in the evening idea!!

I am in two weddings this summer and would like to lose 30-40 pounds by July. Some days I'm not sure I'm gonna make it!!

add me to the fun...

[email protected]

the more the merrier, unless you are talking about unwanted pounds!

PamperChefCarol said:
add me to the fun...

[email protected]

the more the merrier, unless you are talking about unwanted pounds!

Oh... and I want there to be less of me at National Conference in Chicago this summer!!

count me in my email is [email protected] I need to lose at least 30 lbs I would loe to lose more the hardest thing for me is I am nursing so I feel like I am constantly hungry

I was put on a low carb/low fat diet by my doctor for a fatty liver that had started fibrosis. I need to release some weight. Let's all release the weight we want by helping each other.

nicki25 said:
How do I set up a distribution list and I will also set one up. Do I just make a list in my email addresses and then it is ready to send out?? (I am a little computer illiterate when it come to the computer, but I am learning).

Go into your address book on your email like you are going to add a new person. Instead of selecting New Person, select New Group. This will let you add mulitiple names. When you want to send out an email to all, you only have to click on that group name instead of every single name. That is how I send out my newsletters.

What should we call ourselves?

Did anyone else get kicked off here last night? I was having a lot of trouble viewing threads. It was taking forever to pull them up and then bam, I was gone. It was almost time for 24 to come on anyway, so I didn't bother logging back on.

jenniferlynne said:
Go into your address book on your email like you are going to add a new person. Instead of selecting New Person, select New Group. This will let you add mulitiple names. When you want to send out an email to all, you only have to click on that group name instead of every single name. That is how I send out my newsletters.

What should we call ourselves?

Did anyone else get kicked off here last night? I was having a lot of trouble viewing threads. It was taking forever to pull them up and then bam, I was gone. It was almost time for 24 to come on anyway, so I didn't bother logging back on.

I think we should call ourselves.. ready.......

"the Pampered Releasers!"

Sort of wieird???? But I really like the idea of releasing the weight. In the past whenever I lost weight, I inevitably found it (at least some of it)again. I want to release this for good.

I'm 50, and DO NOT want to be 50 and fat. It's bad enought I can't stop the agiing process, but I can stop the weight. I've drawn the line in the sand, so to speak, and this is it.

Who's with me?????

PamperChefCarol said:

Sort of wieird???? But I really like the idea of releasing the weight. In the past whenever I lost weight, I inevitably found it (at least some of it)again. I want to release this for good.

I'm 50, and DO NOT want to be 50 and fat. It's bad enought I can't stop the agiing process, but I can stop the weight. I've drawn the line in the sand, so to speak, and this is it.

Who's with me?????
I'm right there with you girlfriend! :eek:

PamperChefCarol said:

Who's with me?????

I like it!

As SpongeBob would say

I'm Ready, I'm Ready, I'm Ready Ready Ready!!!!

I actually started off the day very well, but ended up stress eating. I didn't go too overboard, but it was bad enough :(

I am ready too!!! I have done great so far today. Right now I have only had 100 carbs for the whole day and according to the diet the doctor started me on I am 5 under where I should be for this time of the day!!! Now, I have to keep at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathytnt said:
I feel you pain - I am trying to get going on my diet again I have been dong the WW core program and as of last week have lost 27 lbs

We should talk! lol I was on core and HAD lost about 20 pounds, but gained it all back. :mad: I too need to lose some weight and want to get back on Core. Just like another poster mentioned, I want to lose at least 40 pounds by NC!!!!!!!

Count me in - [email protected]

I have to lose weight before next year. My oldest daughter will be a senior in high school and I don't want to be this fat in all of those special pictures!!!!!

I just wish I could sleep and be put on automatic exercise equipment for the next year!!! It's just too hard to diet!!!

If no one has set this up yet... I will.

Email me at [email protected], put Pampered Releaser in the subject line and I will add you to it.

if someone else has started to do this.. I am totally fine with it. Just let me know. Can't loose out motivation to keep motivated.

Now get up and drink some water!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Ish
  • ellietheresa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat