• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Lose Weight? Discover Why and How to Achieve Your Goals

In summary, the conversation revolves around the struggle to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Participants share their own experiences and offer advice on how to approach weight loss. Some suggest changing one's mindset and focusing on overall health rather than just weight, while others recommend specific methods such as joining weight loss programs or being more physically active. The conversation also touches on the role of emotions and coping mechanisms in weight loss.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
I need to lose weight. It's a fact. Why does it seem like when I try to focus on loosing weight/watching what I eat, I GAIN? I'm so frustrated right now it's not even funny.

Anyone else see this happen in their life? I need to lose 45 lbs. I don't even know what a good goal to get started would be. I know that I need to exercise, but WHAT do I need to do? It seems that everytime I turn around, I'm supposed to eat this, but not this. When I turn the other way, it's exactly opposite. I'm so confused.

Can anyone help?

I feel your pain... I need to loose 100 lbs. Never thought I would say that. So what do I do? eat another caramel filled chocolate.

I really feel at time I need seroius intervention!

Change your focus. If you are saying "I need to lose weight" then the last thing you hear is "weight". I had the same problem when I was wanting to get out of debt. I was focused on the "debt" and kept accruing more. I switched to "financial freedom" and it is working. Not real sure about the psychology of it all but it works.

I know how you feel - I have been doing weight watchers since Jan and lost 10 pounds so far (I think if I exercise I would lose more but just have not done an form of it). I like weight watchers because you can eat anything you want you just have to count it.

Maybe we should start a "Biggest Loser" Thread...I was a member of the online community earlier this year...It is really nice to have a community of people who understand and can help motivate and challenge and keep you accountable...it is definitely a process...with a lot of ups and downs!

It would be a great way to get to know each other too!

Just a thought!
Trina

I'm lucky to keep weight off pretty well. I have some questions for you Crystal...Do you drink diet soda in attempts to lose weight? Studies show that what is in diet soda is WORSE for you and you end up gaining weight.How late do you eat at night? What do you do after eating?The best things to do is NOT eat late because your body processes the food while sleeping and stores it. Also, if you eat then sit down for the evening, your body doesn't metabolize things as well.The best thing to do is eat then go do something to get your body working internally. My blood sugar levels are a TON better when I didn't sit on my butt after I ate.Keep chugging Crystal!

I feel ya! I am in the same boat.

My sister in law gave me this book and it is unlike ANYTHING I have ever read before!!!!! It has totally changed my thoughts/feelings about weight, diets..etc.

Now, this book is focused on religion and what not...and I am NOT a religious person but the underlying message is incredible! It's called "The Weigh Down"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0385487622/?tag=pfamazon01-20

It's basic premise is to STOP dieting and beating yourself up...but to listen to your body and when you are PHYSICALLY hungry EAT whatever sounds great at the time...and eat it slow...and stop when you are physically full.

I have found that I don't have issues w/ the food..but I have issues of wanting to numb out and not deal w/ my feelings of whatever at the moment....I just stuff my face to "escape" for a moment or so.

I seriously suggest to get the book and read through it. If you aren't religious..don't focus on that aspect...just read it for the "dieting" content, but it's not really a diet....

As a Weight Watcher employee for the last 5 years...(lost 43lbs)
I think the secret is being prepared. Choice foods from the food groups at meal times... and think of snacks as fruit and veggies. Not 100 cal packs....
Tips~
drink your 2 or 3 glasses low fat milk 1% or skim
have fresh fruit cut up and portioned in ziplock bags
find time to take 2 ten minute walks a day (breaks- lunch time)
drink plenty of water...
on the drive home from work eat and apple or something to take the edge of your hungry... it will help you make a healthy dinner choice

janetupnorth said:
I'm lucky to keep weight off pretty well. I have some questions for you Crystal...

Do you drink diet soda in attempts to lose weight? Studies show that what is in diet soda is WORSE for you and you end up gaining weight. I actually don't drink diet soda. I have a horrible reaction to the artificial sweetener in it

How late do you eat at night? What do you do after eating? This is probably my biggest downfall. After we get the kids to bed, DH & I usually have a 'snack', watch some tv & then go to bed.

The best things to do is NOT eat late because your body processes the food while sleeping and stores it. Also, if you eat then sit down for the evening, your body doesn't metabolize things as well.

The best thing to do is eat then go do something to get your body working internally. My blood sugar levels are a TON better when I didn't sit on my butt after I ate.

Keep chugging Crystal!

I think my biggest problem is that I don't set a goal. If I do set a goal & then don't make it, who's going to be mad at me? No one. Just me. But, I realize for my health, I need to be healthy. I don't want to be a stick again (I was when I got married) b/c I wasn't healthy. I just want to be thin again & look good for my hubby. :D

crystalscookingnow said:
I think my biggest problem is that I don't set a goal. If I do set a goal & then don't make it, who's going to be mad at me? No one. Just me. But, I realize for my health, I need to be healthy. I don't want to be a stick again (I was when I got married) b/c I wasn't healthy. I just want to be thin again & look good for my hubby. :D

I react to aspartame too! I get physically ill in just a few sips!!! I also can't chew gum and stuff because 90% have artificial sweeteners - yuk!

You can do it Crystal!

Jenni said:
I think the secret is being prepared. Choice foods from the food groups at meal times... and think of snacks as fruit and veggies. Not 100 cal packs....
Tips~
drink plenty of water...
on the drive home from work eat and apple or something to take the edge of your hungry... it will help you make a healthy dinner choice

Part of this might be my problem too... I'm home. ALL day. When I drink milk, it's always skim. I've finally gotten my family used to skim & that's what we drink.

Water is not something I'm fond of. :eek: But, I guess if I really want to lose weight, I need to get over that.

For snacks, having the fresh fruit cut up is a good idea. I'll start there. Thanks!

How about a nice hot cup of decaf flavor tea after the kids go to bed... out of pretty tea cup??

OK - the kids & I are headed outside to play for a bit. When I come back on later tonight, I'll start a Biggest Loser thread & see how it goes. If anyone wants to start it sooner, feel free! :)

My thinking is that we can post some healthy tips/ideas for each other. Maybe have a buddy to partner up that has similar loss goals?

Crystal, I am in for the zbiggest Loser Thread. I am walking at leadership, and the thought of walking the stage looking as I do make me 'almost" not want to walk. I know I will not enjoy it as much feeling like I do about myself. This might just be the inspiration and push I need. Count me IN!!!

we tried weight loss threads once.
if it happens again - it should be its own category - like "chefs lounge"

my mom & her best friend are doing weight watchers together. my mom lives in washington and her bff lives in arizona. so everyday they email each other their "points", what they did for exercise and something positive that they did for themselves that day. my mom likes it because someone is keeping her accountable. she would feel bad if she got an email from her bff saying all of the things she did and my mom said "i didnt do anything." --- shes already down 8.5 lbs. the buddy system works! ---

& ps. im addicted to diet coke. i know i know. but i cant help it!

Hey Crystal,

know that alot of us are in the same boat! I am awful when it comes to snacking - something "nice" for me while I deal with 3 little ones all day...

The thing that has always worked for me is counting calories. It's not fun, but boy does it make you 1) realise how much you're eating without noticing, and 2) think twice before mindlessly munching. When you have to write it down and check the calories it makes a huge diffrence.

I would also plan healthy and FILLING snacks THAT I ACTUALLY LIKE! (such as triscuits and low-fat cottage cheese) and allow enough calories for 1/2 cup of light ice-cream after the kids are in bed (try Edy's slowchurned, it's amazing and pretty low in cal, depnding on the flavour). Remember, hight protein and high fiber will keep you feeling full, unlike the 100 cal snack packs, which are pretty awful, unless you save them for the moments you just really want something sweet. Otherwise they won't fill you up and you'll end up eating 5 packs!! Personally, I'd rather have 2 squares of really good chocoalte anyway :).

I am also right now trying to lose some weight after gaining over the last 6-8 mnths!! In fact it was me who started the "weightloss" thread way back when!!

But really, when I consistently count calories and write down every bite I eat, I lose weight. Excersise obviously REALLY helps - even a half hour walk each day, or use a treadmill, and alternate walking and jogging. You'll be amazed how much you improve even if you start out like me huffing and puffing!!

Anyway, check out the old threads for other peoples advice too!

I'll see if I can find it!

i haven't read any of the other posts, so if i am repeating i'm sorry. i'm about 100lbs over weight myself. last deployment i lost 35 lbs in about 10 mos by *trying* to watch how i ate. it was mostly portion control. i really like weight watchers cuz of the support and for me it really works when i go to meetings and what not. however i am cheap and don't really like to pay for it. i lost by watching portions, trying to make sure to incorporate healthier foods. but i have to say, i think the biggest factor in the weight i did loose, was the fact that i was going o the gym 3x a week min in that time frame. what i found worked for me was regular portion control, 30 min of cardio (i like the elliptical and the treadmill) and then 30 min of weight training. muscle burns more calories than fat so it is important to build muscle mass to help burn more calories. i hope that helps, i can go into more details if you would like just pm me and we can talk more if you like. i am getting ready to start loosing weight again. gearing up for another deployment and i'm going to try my hardest to stay on track. i hope i have been helpful, please feel free to ask me anything. i am no doc or trainer, i do know some helpful hints that helped me. HTH
michelle

count me in for the weight loss thread!

I started Jenny Craig (for the 3rd time in 15 years) 3 weeks ago and I have lost 7.5 lbs so far. I have always had a lot of success on the program. I have gone up and down over time and pregnancy, but this time I am determined to lose it and keep it off for my daughter. I find that if I have healthy snacks ready and available I will eat them. I buy the small baby carrot snack packs (35 calories) and I take one with me if I leave the house. That way I can snack and not reach for the crackers or cookies. I also keep a salad made in the fridge so I can fill up on veggies at every meal and I don't have to go through the production of making a salad everytime. When I go to the grocery store I buy fresh cauliflower and broccoli. As soon as I get home I steam it in the micro cooker and put it in single portion ziplocs in the fridge. So basically, I am giving myself no "excuses" for not eating the right way.

I started the South Beach diet a week ago - you don't realize how many PC meals are high in carbs until you're not allowed to have any! I'm reduced to fajitas without the 'fajita', plain pork, plain chicken, and veggies.I lost 6 lbs in the first 6 days, then gained 2 back, and I've been good!

Jenni said:
Tips~
drink plenty of water...

AMEN!!!!!!!!! the milk and veggies/fruits are key! EXERCISE~just walking in your neighborhood for 30 minutes is good for you. Start small and don't overdo!

One thing you have to tell yourself and really believe it is...........
You didn't gain the weight overnight so don't expect to lose it overnight.

shed said:
One thing you have to tell yourself and really believe it is...........
You didn't gain the weight overnight so don't expect to lose it overnight.

Yep - this is me. I want it gone, yesterday!! When I was single (5 years & 2 kids ago), I was a 6. I looked so smokin' hot!! :D Not that I want to be that small again (well, it would be ok), but I've got to start somewhere.

Tonight, I ate less & rode my bike outside while the kids played (don't worry, I could see them the entire time) for about 20 minutes. It really felt good! :D

I just read thru this thread.. Crystal?? are you my long lost sister? yikes.. I think we're in the same boat!! I was also once a size 6 .. .now.. at home all day.. kids... about 45 lbs to lose.. I think we need to pair up.. I bought a Polar heart rate monitor that counts calories burned, has programs and I love it. It motivates me at the gym and i've been trying to go every night for cardio and weight training.. so far haven't lost anything, but due to personal at home issues I don't always go. I have to get my snacking under control at home.. I need to bite the bullet and write down everything I eat.. it does wonders and you realize just how much you have consumed! yikes sometimes. Anyway good luck if you start a thread, I'm in. I do believe persistence will pay off.. best wishes to all!

Jenni said:
Tips~
drink plenty of water...

I went on WW after I had my 2 kids back to back. I am a big promotor of WW. it is a great program:)

crystalscookingnow said:
Yep - this is me. I want it gone, yesterday!! When I was single (5 years & 2 kids ago), I was a 6. I looked so smokin' hot!! :D Not that I want to be that small again (well, it would be ok), but I've got to start somewhere.

Tonight, I ate less & rode my bike outside while the kids played (don't worry, I could see them the entire time) for about 20 minutes. It really felt good! :D

Girl, we were all smokin hot pre-kids~ ha ha :)
Don't be so hard on yourself, you'll get to where you want to be, it just takes time, good luck :)

Jess_K said:
I just read thru this thread.. Crystal?? are you my long lost sister? yikes.. I think we're in the same boat!! I was also once a size 6 .. .now.. at home all day.. kids... about 45 lbs to lose.. I think we need to pair up.. I bought a Polar heart rate monitor that counts calories burned, has programs and I love it. It motivates me at the gym and i've been trying to go every night for cardio and weight training.. so far haven't lost anything, but due to personal at home issues I don't always go. I have to get my snacking under control at home.. I need to bite the bullet and write down everything I eat.. it does wonders and you realize just how much you have consumed! yikes sometimes. Anyway good luck if you start a thread, I'm in. I do believe persistence will pay off.. best wishes to all!

Hi Jess - I did start the thread... I can't find it right now, but it was called "Biggest Loser" something or other. I'm going to do pairings tonight, so if you want to join us, find the thread & send me the info. :D

Related to Struggling to Lose Weight? Discover Why and How to Achieve Your Goals

1. Why should I host a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free and discounted products. You can also have a fun and unique cooking experience with your friends and family.

2. How does the Pampered Chef host rewards program work?

Our host rewards program allows you to earn free and discounted products based on the total sales at your party. The more your guests purchase, the more rewards you can earn!

3. Can I host a Pampered Chef party online?

Yes, we offer virtual party options where you can host a party online and your guests can shop and participate from the comfort of their own homes.

4. What type of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items. We also have a variety of recipes and meal ideas to help you create delicious meals at home.

5. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you're interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant, you can reach out to a current consultant or visit our website for more information on the application process. We'd love to have you join our team!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies