• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Devastation: MIL's Hospitalization Keeps Me from Leadership

In summary, MIL is in the hospital and DH needs to go and support his family. MIL is also having surgery tomorrow. Lisa is not able to go to Leadership, and is looking forward to chatting with other AU Tigers on the boards.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
:cry: I'm just devestated ya'll! I can't go to Leadership afterall :cry:

MIL is in the hospital and DH needs to go and support his family.

I just can't bring myself to ask a friend to take care of DS and 2 dogs during this time and DH can't take DS with him either. I'm so dissappointed :cry:

Have fun for me and if you see any 'goodies' laying around, snatch them up for me please!

Oh Linda!

I am so sorry you cannot go. It just will not be the same without you.

Prayers go out to your MIL and husband!

Thanks!
Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I'll miss seeing you too.

Are you going to the Susan Kaufmann training in Feb? If so, I'll see you there.

bummer I was looking forward to meeting you---take care----best wishes

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks Lisa. I'll miss seeing you too.

Are you going to the Susan Kaufmann training in Feb? If so, I'll see you there.

Definitely! I am really looking forward to it.

Do you need information called into you from Leadership?

Oh, POOP! I was looking forward to chumming with you again at the MNG. Darn!I hope your MIL recovers quickly.

ChefLisa said:
......Do you need information called into you from Leadership?
Most definately! I think Jennifer & Lisa are going to call me, but the more the merrier :D

chefann said:
Oh, POOP! I was looking forward to chumming with you again at the MNG. Darn!

I hope your MIL recovers quickly.
I know Ann, I will miss you most of all! Aren't we both in wave 3 for Chicago this year? We'll catch-up then for sure.

pamperedlinda said:
:cry: I'm just devestated ya'll! I can't go to Leadership afterall :cry:

MIL is in the hospital and DH needs to go and support his family.

I just can't bring myself to ask a friend to take care of DS and 2 dogs during this time and DH can't take DS with him either. I'm so dissappointed :cry:

Have fun for me and if you see any 'goodies' laying around, snatch them up for me please!

I would come and help you if I lived closer, and IF I didn't have a new job...that sort of puts a monkey wrench in any plans to help you out. I'm so sorry...
It's a bummer that no one else is available to help you out!
I am not able to go to leadership too... I'll hang out with you on the boards here and make you some fudge to cheer you up!!

dang it, Linda! I was so looking forward to meeting another AU Tiger!

I'm sorry about your MIL~what is wrong? Where is she at? Is your DH OK?

chefmeg said:
dang it, Linda! I was so looking forward to meeting another AU Tiger!

I'm sorry about your MIL~what is wrong? Where is she at? Is your DH OK?
War Eagle girlfriend!

MIL has a lot going on that we didn't know about. Most importantly a tumor in her colon/small intestine area - don't know much more until the surgery tomorrow or the next day. They also found some spots on her liver and lungs that they will biopsy during the surgery. We won't know if it's cancerous or not until the labs come back and then they'll decide what to do next. She'll be in the hospital at a minimum another week. She's in the hospital In Denver.

Thanks Kacey, I look foward to chatting with you too. Maybe we can have a 'posting marathon' and catch-up with Ann (we'd have to post non-stop the entire 3 days to even make a dent I suppose)

I'm planning to get my office organized too.

Well, I am planning to take my MacBook, just in case the hotel has WiFi in the lobby or the convention center has it. :) So, you may see some posts from me anyway.

chefann said:
Well, I am planning to take my MacBook, just in case the hotel has WiFi in the lobby or the convention center has it. :) So, you may see some posts from me anyway.
Wow, your postslutiness runs clear down to the bones!

Maybe they'll have WiFi in the conference center and you can post during general sessions. Let us know everything as it's happening.

pamperedlinda said:
Wow, your postslutiness runs clear down to the bones!

Maybe they'll have WiFi in the conference center and you can post during general sessions. Let us know everything as it's happening.

Ann, just sneak in a web cam!

Just kidding! That is definitely against the rules!

Well, my MacBook has a built in web cam. :)This is a pic of me from a couple minutes ago (had to save it to my Photobucket) taken with the webcam.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/MyPicture.jpg

Oh Linda I'm so sorry! ...you are one of the people I thought I'd recognize and remember your name!

I wish MIL the absolute best!

Sorry you can't attend, Linda. I hope your MIL is OK.

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks Kacey, I look foward to chatting with you too. Maybe we can have a 'posting marathon' and catch-up with Ann (we'd have to post non-stop the entire 3 days to even make a dent I suppose)

I'm planning to get my office organized too.
I think if I start pushing caffeine intraveneously I should be able to stay up for 3 days straight. Course I'm not sure what I'm going to do to make up for the 8 hours each day I can't post because of work...but I'll think of something!

I am still very sorry that you cannot go.

Thanks Diane and Nicole.

I talked to MIL this evening and she is in good spirits and ready to get on with whatever comes next. I just hope that her surgery goes well and that this doesn't put her down. She's in her 70's and not in the best of health, I worry that she will wind-up in the ICU with other complications. As you may remember my granny was in the ICU for almost the entire month of Sept so all of this is still pretty fresh for me. DH's family are the types that if you ignore it it isn't happening so I'm sure that they feel like as soon as surgery is done it's over with. We'll see.

Susan Kaufmann training?!? I didn't know she was traveling to train in February - are you in her downline? She is so fabulous and I get to go to her meetings every month!!!

cmdtrgd said:
Susan Kaufmann training?!? I didn't know she was traveling to train in February - are you in her downline? She is so fabulous and I get to go to her meetings every month!!!
I guess she is my great-grand-director (my director's director's director - got that :confused:) She's coming to the Atlanta area in Feb for a special training session. I'm excited to meet her. I had really good month's in Sept & Oct and she actually asked my SED who I was :thumbup:. I'd love to promote by then b/c she's doing another session just for directors and above. I'm working my patootie off in January so maybe.....just maybe....wouldn't it be cool if all my fence-sitters decided to sign at the same time :love:

Are you in Wave 3 this year too?

I'm sorry you can't go LInda! I hope you MIL feels better soon!!!

MORFIA said:
bummer I was looking forward to meeting you---

take care----

best wishes
I want to meet you too! I want some of your great PC genes to jump all over me! You are such an inspiration. I was planing to change my schedule so I could be in your workshop. Don't they record the Leadership classes too? Maybe yours will be one that they choose to put on supply.

UpdateUpdate on MIL:

It's not good and she could use all the extra prayers you've got to give right now. I dont' know all the details, but it appears that she has cancer. I've been hearing the details 3rd-hand, but it sounds like it's in her liver, lymph-nodes, and intestine - not sure how treatable her situation is. DH just got home from the all-nighter from Hawaii and will be leaving later today or tomorrow morning to go to his parents home in Colorado. I'll update when I know more.

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry, and I will be praying.

I was going to post sorry you can't go....but I'm so sorry about your MIL. And your dh is going to have a long trip to get there. Sounds like you're meant to be home close to family right now. (hugs)

Linda,

So sorry to hear this about your MIL - I'll be praying for her and your family as well.

I hope your DH is OK himself after all that traveling. And I'll say some prayers for your MIL.

Thanks everyone. DH is exhausted (both mentally & physically). He was on a 3-day trip when he got the news so he hasn't slept much. He wanted to divert out of the trip, but MIL told him not to. He got home @ 7:00 this morning and is napping now, I'll know what he's going to do later today.

On another note. I was reading the registration info since I need to cancel my trip. The paperwork says no refunds after Dec 15th, only for extenuating circimstances. I need to call today and talk to the registrar. I would think that this would be considered extenuating - would you?

I sure would. It's hard to get more serious than that.

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks everyone. DH is exhausted (both mentally & physically). He was on a 3-day trip when he got the news so he hasn't slept much. He wanted to divert out of the trip, but MIL told him not to. He got home @ 7:00 this morning and is napping now, I'll know what he's going to do later today.

On another note. I was reading the registration info since I need to cancel my trip. The paperwork says no refunds after Dec 15th, only for extenuating circimstances. I need to call today and talk to the registrar. I would think that this would be considered extenuating - would you?

Linda, I will keep you MIL and husband in my prayers.

In my opinion extenuating circumstances means there is no way you could attend. I think your situation definitely falls under that description.

Sorry to hear she's not doing well. She, your husband and you will be in my prayers...

I am sure they will understand at HO. This company is based on family values and if they don't think that is a good enough excuse, I think that it'll be a cold day in you-know-where.

Hang in there!

Related to Devastation: MIL's Hospitalization Keeps Me from Leadership

1. Can I still attend Leadership if my mother-in-law is hospitalized?

Unfortunately, due to the circumstances, it may be best for you to stay with your family during this time. Your family needs your support and attendance at Leadership may not be possible.

2. Can my husband attend Leadership without me?

Yes, if your husband is able to attend Leadership without any issues, he can still go and represent your business. However, his top priority should be supporting his family during this difficult time.

3. Can I ask a friend to take care of my child and pets while my husband is away?

It is completely understandable that you may not feel comfortable asking a friend to take on this responsibility, especially during a time of crisis. It may be best to make alternative arrangements for your child and pets, such as hiring a pet sitter or asking a family member for help.

4. Can I still participate in Leadership remotely?

While it may not be the same experience as attending in person, you can still participate in some aspects of Leadership remotely. You can stay connected through social media, watch live streams of certain events, and communicate with other consultants virtually.

5. Can someone else snatch up goodies for me at Leadership?

If you are unable to attend Leadership, you can still ask someone else, such as a fellow consultant or friend, to grab some goodies for you. Just make sure to communicate clearly what items you are interested in and if you are willing to reimburse them for any purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies