• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Leadership When You're a Consultant - My Story

In summary, Ann is worried that she can't go to Leadership because one of her gals went inactive and last year she was in a similar boat but then one of her gals reactivated. Her NED said she should call her back so she's nervous.
chefann
Gold Member
Here's the deal- I'm registered for Leadership, but technically right now I'm a consultant, not an FD, because 1 of my gals went inactive. Last year, I was in a similar boat, but then one reactivated (and took a leave).

The reason I'm starting to worry now is because I had a call from my NED today about it! :eek: She left a message on my voice mail that she noticed I was registered but was a consultant. Now I have to call her back, and I'm nervous that she's going to say I can't go!

Realistically, neither of my 2 inactive recruits can be counted on to have anything to submit this month to reactivate. And my recruiting track record is such that me signing someone else this month is as likely as peace breaking out in the Middle East tomorrow. :rolleyes:

oh no Ann, let us know what happens.. we all know how much you're looking fwd to going.

good luck!

Sorry, I don't have an answer (and I have to admit, it's YOU, Ann - you're supposed to know these things for US:D ), but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know not only will you be disappointed if you can't go, but so will a lot of Cheffers!

I personally think it's a mistake that they not let you go, esp. since you have been a FD in the past. This could be just what you need to get you to the next level! I hope they don't tell you that you can't go!! Good luck!

Well, I just got off the phone with Randy (Weiss, my NED). She's going to check with HO about it. I know that I could do that, but I haven't because I'm afraid that they'll say I can't go. Randy's such a dear. :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Ann! You so deserve to go!!!!!!! If they say no, we could start a petition!! ;)

Oh, goodness, no! I don't want to be one of those people who needs exceptions to be made just for them. I just remember hearing (and I don't remember where or from whom) that if one registers and then loses FD status, HO still lets one attend. I don't know if that's true.

They should, because as Cathy said, this is just what you need to get you going!! Good luck....I'll keep away from a petition! :)

Ann - worst case scenario - get a $200 catalog show and have one of your inactives submit it.

Yeah, but that's bending the rules, too.
If I could count each of my inactives as 1/2 a consultant, I have 2 total! ;)

WOW! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!

finley1991 said:
WOW! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!
Me too! You just HAVE to be there!!!

It isn't bending the rules. A catalog show host can choose who submits the show. This is something my NED has suggested when times were scary for my directorship.

They should let you go Ann, you were FD when you registered and you can't control 100% the consultants under you. What would they do if a flight was booked too? Say, sorry, eat the cost?

I'm pretty sure they'll allow it...

I hope they let you go Ann! I agree with Janet... you can't control what happens with recruits.. you were FD at the time of registration... that's gotta count for something.

Have you already purchased a plane ticket? I would think that if you have already incurred expenses regarding going....they will take that into consideration.

Randy asked if I had a flight, too. I couldn't lie to her - I told her that I'm driving down. Actually, if I were in a room by myself, I'd be out $50, because the room cancellation date was 12/10.I do understand that it's my job as a leader to make sure my team is on track and submitting things, but I don't want to be one of "those" leaders who cares more about production as it benefits me than making sure my team has balance in their lives. The recruit who recently deactivated is very hit and miss - she generally submits 3-4 shows a year, usually in time to get the new product samples at a discount. My other inactive recruit (who knows that she only has a few more months to reactivate before she has to buy a new kit) is dealing with family issues (her husband just had back surgery for the second time in 16 months), school, and her own health issues.I know I'd get my registration fee back if HO said I can't go, but I'd hate for Alison and Colleen to be rideless.BTW- I'm gladdened by the show of support. I just needed to vent a little and find out if anyone knew the actual policy. I didn't expect all this. :) Hugs to everyone!

Last edited:
Don't worry about us Ann! Hopefully it will work for you to go... it just wouldn't be the same without you there and I am still really looking forward to hearing all of the announcements with you there!Don't throw in the towel yet.. wait to see what HO says.

ann... you ARE pampered chef to some of us. you answer our questions faster, you're always there when we need something and you have better advice. you are by my definition a leader!! i hope you can go, i'd definitely sign a petition... if by some chance you can't though, just know that we all consider you a leader here!!

i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

ginamkiely said:
ann... you ARE pampered chef to some of us.

Boy, that one statement just about sums it up. Jeez, how can they have a PC get-together without Ann?

i was just about to agree with you legacypc46!!

Keep us posted Ann!

Great. Now I'm crying at my desk. Everyone here at work is going to think I'm weird(er).

http://www.forumup.com/images/smiles/slider_grouphugg.gif

And, since I already have the time scheduled off work, if HO says I can't go - I'm still going! So I won't be able to go to workshops and things. I can still hang out with you gals in the evenings.

I say just go. Who knows you may be able to get into some workshops. Heck you're registered. I think it would look bad if they took it away. IMHO.

Do you have to call HO?? Or is your director calling?

Just wondering if you heard anything....I really hope they let you go! I know another consultant in the same boat, but she has plane tickets that are not refundable!!!

vwpamperedchef said:
I say just go. Who knows you may be able to get into some workshops. Heck you're registered. I think it would look bad if they took it away. IMHO.

Do you have to call HO?? Or is your director calling?
Randy was going to send a note to HO and get back to me.

I wouldn't be able to get into workshops because they require name badges and tickets, just like at Conference.

I guess I'll try to pull a catalog show together and have one of my inactives submit it (although that still feels like cheating, since I'm the one making the sales, not her).

Could you have one of your inactives help you put the show together? Is there one of them who would be willing to gather a couple orders for you?

Maybe. I hate to call them about it, because it just reeks of the "I'm falling short of my goal and here's what you need to do so I can still get it" non-leader. (We've all heard horror stories about Directors who do that to their teams when they're not going to make their $4k for the month.)

I have been in touch with my inactives, at least through email, for the past several months. And yesterday I called both of them, just to open up communication again, although I got answering machines for both of them (so I left "just keeping in touch and Merry Christmas" messages). I think I'll try Margie again today. She's been inactive since April and does want to reactivate before she'd have to order a new kit. Her DH just had back surgery, and she's in school plus getting some health issues of her own lined up (she may have gastric bypass in 2008), which is why she hasn't had a chance to do anything recently.

OK, I'm rambling. I'm just fixated on this today. Well, this, and Angie's terrible experience with the new PC Visa company. :yuck:

{{{hugs}}} Hang in there Ann. Your fellow-cheffers luv ya!

Thanks, Kris.

I sent a note to my team this afternoon and will follow up with phone calls tonight. This is what I sent:

HELP!
I need your help. As you may know, I'm planning to attend Leadership in Cincinnati in January. Yesterday evening I got a call from our National Executive Director, Randy Weiss, about my status. Because of inactivity in the group, I've been bumped down to Consultant status from Future Director. Randy was unsure whether I will be allowed to attend Leadership, even though I am currently registered.

If you are currently inactive, it would help me so much for you to reactivate this month by submitting $200 or more in orders. That will bump me back up to Future Director and I'd definitely be able to go to Leadership.

I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO PLACE AN ORDER THEY NEITHER NEED NOR CAN AFFORD.

But if you have any customers who have expressed interest in products or gift
certificates, please gather those orders and submit them to Home Office. The best thing all around would be if someone had a catalog show - you'll get commission, they'll get free products, and I'll repromote to Future Director.

I've got some business tools at home that I'll give to the person who activates this month. So you'll not only get to earn some money, you'll get things you can use to increase your sales in the future. Additionally, you'll receive the Spring season changeover package from Home Office, because you'll be active through February.

Leadership is a great opportunity for me to pick up training I can pass along, and I'm just heartbroken that I may not get to go. The entire team will benefit from the tips and announcements that I'll learn.

I'm going to be calling everyone on the team who is inactive. If you need catalogs and order forms, let me know. I'd be more than happy to give you what you need to reactivate. Let's brainstorm some ideas for sales.

Thanks, actually, to everyone who has been so supportive. I've calmed down a bit and know that $200 is very doable in the 12 days left this month. I was just freaked out a bit when Randy called. I'm calling my Director tonight, too, to keep her informed. She's not going to Leadership, so she's probably blissfully unaware of this whole situation.

Ann - I had to do a similar thing when I was going to lose directorship unless I got three more people to reactivate. I'm still a director. Those who reactivated emailed me to let me know to let them know if this happened again. They were very part time (only ordered at holidays or if friends/family wanted something) and were happy to help. They signed with you for a reason, remember that!

Me too Kate. I was in my 3rd month of not meeting the $4k cluster requirement. My director gave me a show to submit so that my team would hit the $4k. It saved me from entering the relinquishment cycle. Now I ensure that my personal sales are at least $3k each month so that doesn't happen again.It's a little more tricky when you're a FD. But we all know it's going to work out and that Ann will be at Leadership in January!

What about your lead list? Isn't there anyone on there that has been saying "maybe some time"? Tell them about the awesome promotion they are offering for new consultants who sign in December (EVEN DEC. 31!) and see if they will help you out. Maybe offer them something more like something from your stash of extra products when they qualify. They only have to sign to get you to leadership and then they have tons of time to qualify.

Ann...I am just now reading this post!

I hope they let you go since you are already registered! Or, that the catty show thing works out to reactivate one of your downlines....

You are so supportive here, I just know you will be an asset to those around you at Leadership!

Prayers that you are there in January...

:)
Kelly

BethCooks4U said:
What about your lead list? Isn't there anyone on there that has been saying "maybe some time"? Tell them about the awesome promotion they are offering for new consultants who sign in December (EVEN DEC. 31!) and see if they will help you out. Maybe offer them something more like something from your stash of extra products when they qualify. They only have to sign to get you to leadership and then they have tons of time to qualify.
I've got a couple to call tonight. I'm working past the objections that I tell myself on their behalf. (I know, I know - don't prejudge!) I'm going to really talk up the extra 30 days promo and the "pay off Christmas" aspect.

One of my gals called me about 30 minutes after I sent out the email. She has a few friends who need a couple of things and she thinks she can gather enough other orders to put in a $200 show. And if I happen to get a random order or two in the next few days, I'll have her add them to that catalog show (I'll give up the commission on them if it means she reactivates).

Great start Ann! Hope you're feeling better!!!! Everything is going to work out! And the best part is is that one of them called you!!!! YOU GO GIRL!

Good luck Ann!

Sending good thoughts your way - we know you'll make it! I'm looking forward to meeting you since we are always in different waves for conference.

Leadership wouldn't be the same without you...

Ann,
I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! I hope to see you at Leadership!!

Ann, I sure hope to see you there! Great start on your $200!! You can do it, girl. I'm sure your team loves you just as much as we do and want to help any way they can.

chefann said:
Great. Now I'm crying at my desk. Everyone here at work is going to think I'm weird(er).

http://www.forumup.com/images/smiles/slider_grouphugg.gif

And, since I already have the time scheduled off work, if HO says I can't go - I'm still going! So I won't be able to go to workshops and things. I can still hang out with you gals in the evenings.

And it just happens that I'm off work some of the days... you are more than welcome to come hang out at my place or I'll take you on a tour of Cincinnati!!! Then we can go crash the MnG together!

{{{nerd hug}}}

Way to go Ann. How great that your team member is stepping up to the plate for you! Keep us posted....we need you at leadership!

I totally slacked off on this yesterday. I think I was so wiped emotionally that I just crashed after dinner, since I had already heard from one of my recruits. I swear on a stack of catalogs that I'll make some phone calls tonight.

I did call my Director and let her know what is going on. (Which reminds me, I should send a note to her and to her Director, just so everyone in my upline is in the loop.) I haven't heard anything back from Randy about the inquiry to HO, but if my recruit reactivates, it'll be a moot point anyway.

legacypc46 said:
Boy, that one statement just about sums it up. Jeez, how can they have a PC get-together without Ann?

Okay, what they said!! You are totally awesome Ann! We all love you!! :love: :D :chef:

Ann,

Here is an interesting thought. When your recruit reactivates and you regain your Future Director status, won't you qualify for the recruiting bonus? Extra $100.00 cash?

Lisa

I am always trying to look at the glass half full!

ChefLisa said:
Ann,

Here is an interesting thought. When your recruit reactivates and you regain your Future Director status, won't you qualify for the recruiting bonus? Extra $100.00 cash?

Lisa

I am always trying to look at the glass half full!

If that is the case offer half or all of this to the recruit that reactivates....a little extra motivation may do the trick!!!

Actually, yes. I did think of that yesterday. It would be nice to have for the hotel bill, though. :) I've got a bunch of business materials (stickers, rubber stamps, postcards, etc.) that I'm going to put together for her. And she actually owes me some money for some products that she bought out of my basement stash (she had been paying in installments). I think I'll forgive the rest of that debt as a thank you to her (it's over $100).

That's a pretty big thank you!

I won't actually miss the money - lots of the products were things I earned, got for free with purchase, got on my HO shopping spree, etc. And If I did have money tied up in them, it's from so long ago that any payment is "found" money. So while it may seem generous to forgive the debt, it's actually not a big deal (and no cash out of my current pocket).

Ann I really hope it works out for you and you get to go to Leadership

Well I already look forward to meeting you at Leadership- I KNOW you will be there!! :)

So, how is it looking? Inquiring minds want to know.;)

Haven't heard from Randy with an answer from HO. Margie is collecting some orders. And I completely spaced on calling a couple people tonight. (And now it's too late.)I'm confident that I'll be there.

1. <H2>What is the difference between a consultant and an FD in Pampered Chef?</H2><p>The main difference between a consultant and an FD (Future Director) in Pampered Chef is their rank in the company. Consultants are at the entry level and are building their business, while FDs have reached a higher level and are on the path to leadership.</p>2. <H2>Do I need to be an FD to attend Leadership?</H2><p>No, you do not need to be an FD to attend Leadership. As long as you are a consultant and have registered for the event, you are eligible to attend. However, attending Leadership as an FD can provide additional benefits and opportunities for growth in your business.</p>3. <H2>What should I do if I am registered for Leadership but am currently a consultant?</H2><p>If you are registered for Leadership but are currently a consultant, you do not need to worry. As long as you are actively building your business and meeting the qualifications for the event, you are eligible to attend. If you have any concerns, it is best to reach out to your NED for clarification.</p>4. <H2>What happens if one of my inactive recruits reactivates before Leadership?</H2><p>If one of your inactive recruits reactivates before Leadership, you will have the opportunity to update your status and attend as an FD. This can provide you with additional benefits and opportunities for growth in your business.</p>5. <H2>What if I am unable to reactivate any of my inactive recruits or sign someone else this month?</H2><p>If you are unable to reactivate any of your inactive recruits or sign someone else this month, it is important to stay focused on building your business and meeting the qualifications for future events. Do not let this setback discourage you, as there will always be opportunities for growth and success in your business. Reach out to your NED or other consultants for support and guidance in reaching your goals.</p>

What is the difference between a consultant and an FD in Pampered Chef?

The main difference between a consultant and an FD (Future Director) in Pampered Chef is their rank in the company. Consultants are at the entry level and are building their business, while FDs have reached a higher level and are on the path to leadership.

Do I need to be an FD to attend Leadership?

No, you do not need to be an FD to attend Leadership. As long as you are a consultant and have registered for the event, you are eligible to attend. However, attending Leadership as an FD can provide additional benefits and opportunities for growth in your business.

What should I do if I am registered for Leadership but am currently a consultant?

If you are registered for Leadership but are currently a consultant, you do not need to worry. As long as you are actively building your business and meeting the qualifications for the event, you are eligible to attend. If you have any concerns, it is best to reach out to your NED for clarification.

What happens if one of my inactive recruits reactivates before Leadership?

If one of your inactive recruits reactivates before Leadership, you will have the opportunity to update your status and attend as an FD. This can provide you with additional benefits and opportunities for growth in your business.

What if I am unable to reactivate any of my inactive recruits or sign someone else this month?

If you are unable to reactivate any of your inactive recruits or sign someone else this month, it is important to stay focused on building your business and meeting the qualifications for future events. Do not let this setback discourage you, as there will always be opportunities for growth and success in your business. Reach out to your NED or other consultants for support and guidance in reaching your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
raebates