• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Confused: Investigating a Case of Skillet Misunderstanding

In summary, the customer had initially returned a 12" Skillet, thinking it was a 15" one. After clarifying that she had indeed ordered and received the correct size, the customer still believed she had returned a 15" skillet and wanted to know if the size had been discontinued. The consultant and other customers confirmed that there has never been a 15" skillet available, and it is most likely that the customer is confusing it with the 15" Large Round Stone.
pc_momof3
Hi,
I had a past host return the Family Skillet, I'm sure it was our normal 12" one. I guess the return was approved (thank goodness, had my fingers crossed) and then she emailed me that she received the 12" Skillet and not the 15" like she had returned. So I called H.O. and then when re-reading the email realized I think she's confused....so hung up from them to figure out what was going on and emailed her back that in her show back in 2007 she ordered the 12" Skillet #2865 and that she did actually receive the correct one. Now she emailed me back the following..... "No, I am sure I had a 15 inch skillet and the one I received today is 12 inches and it says 12 inches on the box. Did they discontinue that size or something. The 15 inch one I had was not part of a set – I bought it individually. Wow, I really want a 15 inch like I had. I suppose it is no longer available. Please check into it."
we've never had a 15" one right? I've done this for 8 1/ years, and 15" Skillets are not ringing any bells! She's bought as a host the 12" Skillet #2865 and the Executive 8 & 10" saute pans. I thought after I emailed back she'd say oh yeah you're right! But instead it's a reply to check into it and she's sure it's was 15". Ugh --- what do I do now, other than say....YOU"RE WRONG & Confused. I'm not missing something am I.....she's making my twin brain feel like I'm losing it!! Any graceful word ideas? She's hosted 2 $1200+ shows and purchased in between, so she is a good customer. Even tho, I sent the skillet back for her and the mandoline so she could exchange it for other items! Thanks!

No, I've never seen a 15" skillet. Did she take the new one out of the box? Can se see that it's the same size, or is she just looking at the number on the box?

The Large Round Stone is 15", maybe she's confusing the numbers with that.

I keep wondering if she's taken it out of the box and LOOKED at it, you know set it on her stove to actually find that it's the same size as before!! : > I hadn't thought of that with the Large Round Stone -- she may have got that one of the times she hosted. I'll have to check that out, maybe that's why she has 15" stuck in her head!!

I've been with the company for almost 13 years and there has never been a 15" skillet.

And quite frankly I think a 15" skillet would be very hard to handle.

pcsharon1 said:
And quite frankly I think a 15" skillet would be very hard to handle.

I agree. Could you imagine trying to use a skillet as big around as the Large Round Stone? :eek:

I can barely handle the 12" skillet without my full upper body involved! :) I've got a couple of old catalogs going back to the late 90's, and there is nothing larger than the 12". But I think you already knew that ;)

Have you saved any old catalogs? I try my best to hang onto one just for this reason!

Basically- to answer your Thread Title Question..."No, YOU aren't losing your mind. SHE is!" :D

Yes, and if there had been a 15" skillet, I'm sure someone on here would have heard of it!

1. What exactly is a "skillet misunderstanding"?

A "skillet misunderstanding" refers to a situation where a customer is confused about the proper use or care of a skillet purchased from Pampered Chef.

2. How can I avoid a skillet misunderstanding?

To avoid a skillet misunderstanding, it is important to carefully read the product instructions and use the skillet according to the recommended guidelines. You can also reach out to our customer service team for any questions or concerns.

3. What should I do if I am experiencing a skillet misunderstanding?

If you are experiencing a skillet misunderstanding, we recommend reaching out to our customer service team for assistance. They can provide you with further instructions and help resolve the issue.

4. Are there any common reasons for skillet misunderstandings?

Skillet misunderstandings can occur for a variety of reasons, but some common ones include not properly seasoning the skillet, using the wrong utensils, or not following the recommended cooking temperatures.

5. Will Pampered Chef replace or refund a skillet if there is a misunderstanding?

If the skillet has a manufacturing defect, we offer a satisfaction guarantee and will replace or refund the product. However, if the misunderstanding is due to improper use or care, we may not be able to provide a replacement or refund. We recommend contacting our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • PCMomto4
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
loreo
  • pamperedchef88