• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Do? Is It Hopeless?

In summary, the customer called Pampered Chef because the coating on their skillet was coming off, and Pampered Chef told the customer that they needed to have a receipt to replace the skillet. Since the customer did not purchase the skillet through Pampered Chef, the customer contacted PC who said that the lifetime warranty on the skillet was no longer valid.
pamperedchef88
Gold Member
I got an email from a customer through my website, the customer wanted to know what to do with a skillet that she had purchased where the coating is appearing to come off. Since she did not purchase this through me I recomended she should call PC and they could help but if she had any problems to let me know. This was her response.

"Thanks for your response. I did call Pampered Chef and would like to pursue "my case".
I bought the Professional Family Skillet along with the Professional Cookware set and Stir-fry skillet.
I have the receipt for the cookware set and stir-fry skillet, but the Family skillet is not listed on it.
This dates back to 1-10-02 when my son, was beginning as a consultant.
Most of my cookware, including the Family skillet was replaced in 5-06 because of a similar problem
with the coating. At that time, my son was no longer active and (another consultant) made the arrangements to
get my pans replaced. I would contact her, but she died several years ago.

Pampered Chef told me without an invoice my life time quanantee was no longer valid. They said they
replaced once but would not do so again without a receipt because people could buy their items second
hand and then try to replace them. I understand their rule, but I did buy this pan and would like it to
be replaced (I use it all the time).

Sorry to bother you with this issue, but wondered if you knew any further steps to take."

DO you have any suggestion of what I should tell her. It seems like a shame that she has the reciept and yet its still not the right documention. I would appreciate any help you can give

Thanks!

Does her son not still have the info on his computer? If he does they can use that. Otherwise I would call and talk to a supervisor about the situation. I don't know that they were keeping as thorough of records in 2002 as they do now but they should be able to see if there was a family skillet on that show. The son's consultant number would be helpful too.

I think that other than Beth's advice, there is nothing more that you can do.
PC has started cracking down on cookware returns and with good reason, for the reason that the PC rep stated above.

If they cannot help her, she could always have another show and get it replaced at a discount, but other than that, personally, your hands are tied. I know it stinks that she doesn't have the receipt and they dont seem to have a record of her purchase, but what would any other company do without a proof of purchase? We are not miracle workers. Sorry that you have to handle this.

I do wish that in the future, PC can and will implement some kind of warranty card that you fill in and send back to the company, like when you buy an appliance. I think that would help alot!

They couldn't find it in their system? Under her name or her son's name?

chefsteph07 said:
I do wish that in the future, PC can and will implement some kind of warranty card that you fill in and send back to the company, like when you buy an appliance. I think that would help alot!

That is an awesome Idea!!!! You should suggest it.

Also, to comment on the OP issue. What is she doing that she is going through the cookware so fast. I think it sounds like she may need to upgrade to the Stainless. I think many of us (even consultants) are scared of stainless, but many people cook on really high heat, and really should be using Stainless instead of non-stick.

chefsteph07 said:

What a great idea. Be sure that you submit that to HO. They really listen to us, especially when several people say something and I think this is something that would be a really great idea! If it says lifetime there should be a card to fill out and send into HO so it's on the file.

That being said, now they can find orders by the customer's name so it's not as big a deal as, say, back in 2002.

Thanks! First I have to say I love the idea about the card. Secondly I really appreciate the help . I sent her an email with these ideas and letting her know that I am here for her and if she wants to replace it I would be happy to help her learn how to get it free or discounted but that I hope she can get it replaced. I just want to do my best to serve her and leave a good impression of Pampered CHef and our customer service.

my guess is that if she got it from her son when he was a consultant and they can't find the skillet in her son's or her name in the system, then it was purchased under someone else's name or show in order to have the show qualify. If it had been ordered in her name, they would have found it.

I wouldn't do anything extra, other than maybe offer her an additional discount on it if she holds a show or something. But she must realize that you have to go through the same people that she already talked to in order to do anything about it.

Wow, thanks for the great feedback on the warranty card idea! I have thought that for a long time! I will definitely write into HO about it, I think they should have that for the knives, cookware, etc anything that has a lifetime warranty for sure.

1. What does "What Would You Do? Is It Hopeless?" mean?

"What Would You Do? Is It Hopeless?" is a common phrase used to ask for advice or guidance when facing a difficult or challenging situation. It suggests that the person asking the question is feeling stuck or unsure about what to do and is seeking input from others.

2. Who typically asks this question?

This question can be asked by anyone who is facing a challenging situation or decision and is seeking guidance or perspective from others. It could be a friend, family member, colleague, or even a stranger.

3. Is there a specific type of situation or problem this question is meant for?

No, this question can be applied to any type of situation or problem that someone may be facing. It could be related to relationships, work, personal struggles, or any other aspect of life where someone may feel stuck or unsure about what to do.

4. Can this question be answered objectively?

No, the answer to this question is subjective and can vary depending on the individual's perspective and the specific situation. What may seem hopeless to one person may not be seen the same way by someone else. It is important to seek multiple perspectives when asking this question.

5. How can asking this question help me?

Asking "What Would You Do? Is It Hopeless?" can help you gain different perspectives and insights on your situation. It can also help you feel less alone and provide you with potential solutions or ideas that you may not have thought of before. It can also be a way to vent and release some of the emotions you may be feeling about the situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindagilbert
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melindagilbert
  • chefmelody
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PC1
  • Intrepid_Chef