• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating the Perfect Dish with Glazed Stoneware: Seeking Suggestions

Bacon 'N Cheddar Bubble Bread is the BEST!!! I have a suggestion for this recipe. I tried it and it was not as good as the recipe in the files section. I think I will try it again with some different ingredients.
supergirljennie
What is everyone doing for their September shows? I want to do a recipe that promotes the special of course, the glazed stoneware, but I'm unsure of what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I am offering an apple pie in the DD Pie plate, TDTD in the DD baker or raspberries & cream streulel squares in the Square baker. And then the garlic (or cinnamon) pull aparts in the try me pan.

I'm doing the pecan lattice tart in the new seasons best.

I'm doing something similar too ... Mom's Apple Crisp (from All The Best) in Oval Baker. With the 6 apples that I sliced, the pie plate didn't seem big enough so opted for the Oval Baker (7 cups vs. 6) It's awesome, easy and goes in the microwave beautifully. Also doing TDTD in DD pie plate.

Tanya Siderits
Consultant #491185

Mom's Apple Crisp is the BEST!!!

BethCooks4U said:
raspberries & cream streulel squares in the Square baker.

I have never tried these, they look great. Are they hard to make?

Can I get the recipe for Moms Apple Crisp? So far I tried the Bread Pudding for myself and didnt care for it at all. My first show this month is Sat. (if the hostess gets back to me.. said she might have to post-pone and isnt calling me back!) So I want to do something thats simple but showcases the New Traditions!

Thanks!

Nevermind it was in the "files" section!

I am making the harvest chicken salad... to bring in the fall season!!!

I'm also making the Harvest chicken salad. I do have some pointers..

Use orange juice for the juice needed for the dressing, it makes it sweeter and taste better.

cut the fruit and chicken up smaller...the bites were too big...

also, the recipe calls to cut up the apples with the crinkle cutter and I couldn't tell they were cut with that when it was all mixed up. So I thought I would just cut a few with the crinkle and then do the rest with the chopper.

I also decided to serve it with tortilla chips made on the stone. I thought it tasted much better than the spinich dip and then people can eat it without forks..which is less mess.

jeni

AJPratt said:
Mom's Apple Crisp is the BEST!!!
I have a suggestions for this apple crisp recipe. I made it this weekend and loved the topping, but the apples seemed a bit bland. Next time I make it I'l sprinkle the apples with cinnamon/sugar as I layer them. I also made mine in the oven instead.

As far as glazed stones go, I only have the new one, the pie plate and the mini baker. Any suggestions for those?

pcjulie said:
I have a suggestions for this apple crisp recipe. I made it this weekend and loved the topping, but the apples seemed a bit bland. Next time I make it I'l sprinkle the apples with cinnamon/sugar as I layer them. I also made mine in the oven instead.

I sprinkle mine with Cinnamon & Sugar also.....I'm not a big fan of cooking in the microwave...but this is one recipe that comes out incredible when done in the microwave. I do mine in the Deep Dish Baker. I love to do this for shows and also when I need to bring a dish to pass or a dessert anywhere - it's so easy! I do it just before we leave, and then put it in the insulated carrier -and it's still warm when it's time for dessert!

I finaly made the harvest chicken salad at my first september show of my new season!!! It was a total HIT!! Everyoe loved it !!!!! it was so easy and showed tones of products!!!!

Is Mom's Apple Pie the same as the 15 Minute French Apple Pie recipe in the files section?

jenniferlynne said:
As far as glazed stones go, I only have the new one, the pie plate and the mini baker. Any suggestions for those?

Bacon 'N Cheddar Bubble Bread
Ingredients:
1 package (11.3 ounces) refrigerated dinner rolls
1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon real bacon bits or 1 slice bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray Mini-Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Separate dough into eight rolls; cut each roll into quarters. Combine cheese and bacon bits in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently. Toss each piece of dough in cheese mixture until lightly coated; place in baker.

2. Bake 20-22 minutes or until top is deep golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Run knife around edge of bread to loosen. Carefully lift bread onto serving plate. To serve, pull apart or slice into wedges.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 140, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 70 mg, Fiber 1 g

Variation: Dill ’N Cheddar Bubble Bread: Substitute 1 teaspoon dried dill weed for the bacon bits. Proceed as recipe directs.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

PS...just double or even triple up on the bacon;) ;) ;)

jenniferlynne said:

You could do this one in the Pie Dish;) ;) ;)

Quick Apple Crisp
Ingredients:
5 Granny Smith apples
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half using Utility Knife. Place apples in Deep Dish Baker.

2. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix until crumbly using Classic Scraper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.

3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 2 g

Have you made this?
Ginger428 said:

Quick Apple Crisp
Ingredients:
5 Granny Smith apples
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half using Utility Knife. Place apples in Deep Dish Baker.

2. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix until crumbly using Classic Scraper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.

3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 2 g

How does it taste? I saw it and it seemed simple.

it is sooooooooooooo SIMPLE!!!
also tastes GREAT 2....:D :D :D
I've used it at many shows...have the guests come & try the A/P/C/S & while its cooking, it smells sooooooooooo good, have the host have some Cool Whip or ice cream & they are in heaven, I've soled alot of DDB because of it.

I love how you can do Moms A.C. in the microwave and its fabulous. I don't think its the same as French Apple Pie.

pcjulie: I usually add more, too!

LUPE said:
Is Mom's Apple Pie the same as the 15 Minute French Apple Pie recipe in the files section?

Lupe, it is not the same. I'm really not even sure it is a PC recipe. The first show I ever attended in 1994 the consultant was Karen Weber. Hey Karen!! ( she is a CS member). She made this and it was so easy and so good I bought the APCS, Classic Batter Bowl and the Stoneware Pie Plate. She had me "wanting" more and more!!! I blame Karen for my PC addiction!! :D :D

So...Karen if you're watching....is it a PC recipe???

I think I'm going to offer just simple shows this month... I will offer Touchdown Taco Dip and maybe another one. With the Taco Dip, I like to put it together and while it's baking, I throw together a simple salsa that wows the guests (also a good way to work in the NEW cutlery!!!)

I used reg Organge juice instead of squeezing it from an organge... one I do't have a juicer and two well it sounded better....... You can't tell the apple wdges are cut with the crinkle cutter....... but I think I will use my chopper next time..... do you use the garlic clove?? I did but it seemed like it really over powered the salad....

chefjeni said:
I'm also making the Harvest chicken salad. I do have some pointers..

Use orange juice for the juice needed for the dressing, it makes it sweeter and taste better.

cut the fruit and chicken up smaller...the bites were too big...

also, the recipe calls to cut up the apples with the crinkle cutter and I couldn't tell they were cut with that when it was all mixed up. So I thought I would just cut a few with the crinkle and then do the rest with the chopper.

I also decided to serve it with tortilla chips made on the stone. I thought it tasted much better than the spinich dip and then people can eat it without forks..which is less mess.

jeni

What's your best 30-minute recipe? I'm looking for quick ideas for cooking shows or to pass on to hosts or guests.

Trish

I am making the clubhouse chicken squares in ATB (always a favorite for me to make at shows and guests fav to eat!) in the large bar pan and for a 2nd I'm making the Mocha Cappucino Cake in the DDB from the stoneware inspirations cookbook - everyone has LOVED it too! But for the cake - I'm just icing it like a cake rather than cutting it in half and filling the middle to save on time - last nights crowd had a LOT of talkers and I just wanted to get my demo over with!!!! I may just do it this way for all of my shows though.

I was going to do the caramel sticky cakes all month, because they were cute and easy to do at home. But I did it at my show last night and everyone said they tasted good I think they were underwhelmed with the demo, as was I.
I think for the rest of the fall I am going to do the apple skillet cake, I LOVE flipping those cakes on to the large round stone!!
My guests think it's awersome and I would rather keep on selling and booking for the cookware. I don't worry about selling the stoneware. I talk about them and bring the Cranberry baker and basket and that about does it :)
The sale is great but my business must have the cookware!
All my hosts book for the half price cookware!
I will just hope pan-o-rama will come around again!

Where can I find the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe that can be done in the microwave? TIA

Ginger428 said:

Quick Apple Crisp
Ingredients:
5 Granny Smith apples
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Directions:

What cookbook is it in? :)

letscook04 said:
What cookbook is it in? :)

I think it is on 1 of the product care....cant remember right now, I'll have to get back to you on it...;)

I just did a brunch show with the Baked Eggs Benedict in the Rectangular Baker. It was a hit! It needs to cook about 10 minutes longer and it made for kind of a longer demo, but everyone seemed interested...either that or they were statues...couldn't tell...oh well. Pretty good sales (sold a rect. baker - only stonware!) and great recruiting and booking leads as well as a registry! What do you do when the mom of the host is there and is a sour puss? She didn't like anything! She was asking such horrid questions about the cookware and comparing ours to everything else she has had that "was nonstick for a year!" I even told her I would buy back the cookware if she didn't like it. She even had a problem with the lifetime guarantee because it could be voided by "cooking with the pans" Oy! Needless to say, no cookware sales either. Luckily she is not having a show!!!

spoiledchef said:
Where can I find the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe that can be done in the microwave? TIA

It's in The All the Best Cookbook.

Easy Way to Show NT StonewareThis is a recipe that I am offering hosts who don't want to do a recipe that calls for the glazed stoneware. I actually got it at a Tastefully Simple Show, but I buy my salsa at the grocery store! You can use any size baker, depending on the crowd, and it is SO easy.

If using the Mini-Baker:

Spread 8 ounces of cream cheese over the bottom of the stone. Pour black bean and corn salsa (I use the Santa Fe brand) over the cream cheese until the cr. ch. is covered. Sprinkle with as much cheddar or Colby-Jack cheese as you wish and bake at 350 degrees until it is bubbling along the sides. You can also put it in the microwave. I've never timed it, but it doesn't take more than 20 minutes, and of course it will depend on the size of your stone.

My family loves this recipe, and they don't like anything! :D

pamperedharriet said:
It's in The All the Best Cookbook.

Thanks! That is my favorite book!:)

letscook04 said:

FYI...that is not the same recipe as the one you asked me for....:confused:

Puzzled
chefjeni said:

So.....are you saying prepared frozen concentrated OJ tastes better in the dressing than fresh squeezed oranges????

letscook04 said:

And it is microwaveable!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • footballchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies