• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Freezer-Friendly Recipes for Busy Spouses | Meal Prepping Tips

In summary, the best recipes to freeze are hearty, freezable, and reheat well, such as soups, stews, casseroles, and baked pasta dishes. Most meals can be frozen for up to three months, but it's always best to check the specific recipe. Dairy or cream-based sauces can also be frozen, but the texture may change slightly. Leftovers can be frozen as long as they have not been previously frozen, and it's best to freeze them in individual portions. To properly thaw frozen meals, it's recommended to transfer them from the freezer to the refrigerator the night before or use the defrost setting on the microwave for a quicker thawing process.
Meigs
Hi Everyone,
My husband is working out of town and I want to stalk him up with some yummy meals to take with him.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best dishes to Freeze?

Thanks in Advance!!!

I make these and freeze for my son who is in his own apartment
lasagna
spaghetti sauce (can he boil pasta where he is)
muffins or sliced quick breads
potpies
meatloaf
tomato basil soup
enchiladas

Last edited:
I don't have Pampered Chef ones (though Power Cooking would definitely work). I do have a word doc of freezer recipes if you would like it. Email me at [email protected] and I can send it to you

What are the best recipes to freeze?

The best recipes to freeze are meals that are hearty, freezable, and reheat well. Some examples include soups, stews, casseroles, and baked pasta dishes.

How long can I freeze these recipes for?

Most meals can be frozen for up to three months, but it's always best to check the specific recipe for any freezing recommendations.

Can I freeze meals with dairy or cream-based sauces?

Yes, you can freeze meals with dairy or cream-based sauces. However, it's important to note that the texture may change slightly after freezing and reheating. To prevent this, try adding the dairy or cream-based sauce after reheating the meal.

Can I freeze leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze leftovers as long as they have not been previously frozen. It's best to freeze leftovers in individual portions for easy reheating later.

How should I properly thaw frozen meals?

The best way to thaw frozen meals is to transfer them from the freezer to the refrigerator the night before you plan to eat them. This allows for a slow and safe thawing process. If you need to thaw the meal more quickly, you can also use the defrost setting on your microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ElieQ
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode