• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking: Thinking Outside the (Ice) Box

In summary, Robyn found a great website with recipes for freezing and reheating meals. She recommends Welcome to 30 Day Gourmet's Freezer Cooking Online Manual.
buckeyefan08
So my SIL had an idea...
When the girls in my cluster and I were talking about the power cooking shows someone mentioned a place where you can go "assemble" like 12 dinners in a matter of about two hours. The idea is they do all the prep work and clean up and you choose from a "menu" of things to make. Then you can customize your meal. (ex: we don't like mushrooms so I could leave those out but I could add extra cheese if I so choose.) The only problem is for me to make 12 meals it would cost like $200! SIL and I think we could probably do it cheaper at home. Invite all of our friends & family (we are all busy families with young kids, sports, PTO, jobs etc.) We could each prep certain things and when we all get together we would have all the ingredients needed and prepped to assemble and then freeze. On a busy night we could just pull it out of the freezer and reheat as directed.
Our problem is finding things aside from casseroles that will freeze and reheat well. Does anyone have any good ideas? I need help thinking outside the (ice) box!
Thanks!

Sorry it was a long post!

there is a version of the power cooking show that my Director has done...I will go search for it and be back to post if I can find it!

found it! all of the recipes are for chicken, which is healthier and usually less expensive!

Attachments

• powercookingshow.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 331
Chef Meg, the powercookingshow doc. is great, thanks for sharing it! Lisa, Just checked to see where Windham, Ohio was ....way up north east from me. I'm just south of Columbus in buckeyeland!

Check out Welcome to 30 Day Gourmet's Freezer Cooking Online Manual. . . They have really good recipes for freezing and all sorts of tips about it too. You can read the archived newsletters and there are a ton of recipes and tips in those also. I have done freezer cooking for a long time and it's really a great concept :thumbup:. Hope you enjoy the site.

Thanks Ruthie! This site is great! I'll read more tomarrow and get started planning! For now it's off to bed!

Thanks to you too Meg those recipes look great!
Robyn- I'm really surprised you found it on a map! It's a little hole in the wall. We have a four pump gas station, small grocery store and a Dollar General. Three stop lights but they have turned two into flashing lights! Pretty soon they will just take Windham off the map all together! LOL!

You're so welcome! I thought it would be perfect for you. I have the cooking manual and it is used a lot. About 10 ladies from our old church in Michigan wanted to do this and I ordered the manuals for all of us and we had loads of fun with it. Many of them still do this even after I moved to Indiana years ago. I use a lot of the tips in my Power Cooking shows from there.

chefruthie said:
Check out Welcome to 30 Day Gourmet's Freezer Cooking Online Manual. . . They have really good recipes for freezing and all sorts of tips about it too. You can read the archived newsletters and there are a ton of recipes and tips in those also. I have done freezer cooking for a long time and it's really a great concept :thumbup:. Hope you enjoy the site.

Great site Ruthie! This is very similar to how I do my freezer meals too! What a great resource!

What is "Power Cooking" and how does it differ from traditional cooking?

"Power Cooking" is a method of cooking that involves using appliances such as slow cookers, pressure cookers, and air fryers to quickly and efficiently prepare meals. It differs from traditional cooking in that it requires less hands-on time and allows for multiple dishes to be cooked at once.

What are the benefits of using "Power Cooking"?

The benefits of "Power Cooking" include saving time and energy, producing healthier meals, and allowing for more flexibility in meal planning. It also helps to retain more nutrients in the food compared to traditional methods of cooking.

What types of meals can be made using "Power Cooking"?

There are endless possibilities for meals that can be made using "Power Cooking". Some popular options include soups, stews, roasts, rice dishes, and even desserts. The versatility of the appliances allows for a wide range of recipes to be adapted for "Power Cooking".

Do I need any special skills or knowledge to use "Power Cooking"?

No, "Power Cooking" is designed to be easy and accessible for all levels of cooking expertise. Many appliances come with preset cooking programs and there are countless recipes and resources available to help beginners get started.

Can "Power Cooking" be used for meal prep and batch cooking?

Absolutely! "Power Cooking" is a great method for meal prep and batch cooking as it allows for multiple dishes to be cooked at once and can save a lot of time and effort in the kitchen. It's also a great way to make healthy, homemade meals in bulk for the week ahead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedLady1979
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • DebsApronStrings