• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking for a Pregnant Friend with Health Issues

Or - do a 30 Minute Chicken, and a couple lbs of ground beef while it's cooking. Then you could show how, with the chicken, you could cook once, and eat twice (using the leftovers to make Chicken Tortilla Soup, or Chicken Rice soup...or burritos...or whatever) and have a couple lbs of ground beef cooked and ready for the freezer to be used however she would like to use them.
PamperedLady1979
I am doing a cooking show for a friend in October whom really wants to do a power cooking session. However, I'm having trouble finding recipes that she can eat.
A little history: She has interstitial cystitis and chronic pyelonephritis-basically she has a bladder that bleeds and kidney disease. To top things off she is currently pregnant which can exacerbate her problems. So, she's a little limited on what she can eat.

The recipes that are listed on CC won't work because she can't have the the tomatoes and the vinegar....the one she can have (stroganoff) she doesn't like.

She and her family really like "comfort foods" that will fill you up. Her husband is a big guy with a big appetite, and she prefers recipes that you can add the extras to after preparing (salt, gravy, ketchup, etc.) since she can't have so much but her DH can eat anything.

Any ideas? Or are we out of luck on this one? I'm stumped, but I've never done make-ahead meals before.....

Thanks!

bumping :)

when are they posting the Power Cooking chicken recipes?? Maybe you'll have some luck with those ones.

Personally, I think it would be too difficult to find 3 meals that you could do for a power cooking show like this when someone has that many restrictions. Especially if they are also picky at all.

I used to be a Personal Chef, and had many clients with very specific diets. They paid me BIG money to come up with recipes and menus that would work for them. However, none of those recipes were particularly easy or quick. (Like my client with Diabetes AND Congestive Heart Failure....or the client on the Raw Foods Diet....)

Thanks Becky, that's kinda what I was thinking but I thought I would run it past everyone on here first. Like I said, I've never done power cooking before, so I didn't know what kind of recipes would work. I think I'll give her a call tonite and see what she thinks of doing something different.

If you could possibly give me some specific things she CAN have, maybe we can work it from there....:)

Have you thought of doing 3lbs of chicken in the DCB and then using three of our rubs? That is one of the fastest freezer meal combo's out there! Divide chicken on 3 different plates, sprinkle generously with a rub and then transfer to a gallon freezer bag. You can add some flavor agents she can eat to complement the rubs. Just an idea... Same works for pork chops!

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
Have you thought of doing 3lbs of chicken in the DCB and then using three of our rubs? That is one of the fastest freezer meal combo's out there! Divide chicken on 3 different plates, sprinkle generously with a rub and then transfer to a gallon freezer bag. You can add some flavor agents she can eat to complement the rubs. Just an idea... Same works for pork chops!

That's a great idea, Stephanie!

Or - do a 30 Minute Chicken, and a couple lbs of ground beef while it's cooking. Then you could show how, with the chicken, you could cook once, and eat twice (using the leftovers to make Chicken Tortilla Soup, or Chicken Rice soup...or burritos...or whatever) and have a couple lbs of ground beef cooked and ready for the freezer to be used however she would like to use them.

What is power cooking and how does it benefit a pregnant friend with health issues?

Power cooking is a meal prep method that involves preparing large batches of healthy, nutritious meals in advance. This can be especially beneficial for a pregnant friend with health issues, as it allows them to have convenient and nourishing meals on hand without having to spend a lot of time and energy cooking.

What types of ingredients and recipes are recommended for power cooking for a pregnant friend with health issues?

It is important to focus on whole, nutrient-dense ingredients such as lean proteins, whole grains, and plenty of fruits and vegetables. Some recommended recipes include sheet pan dinners, slow cooker meals, and one-pot dishes that are easy to prepare and can easily be modified to meet any dietary restrictions or preferences.

Are there any specific food safety guidelines to keep in mind while power cooking for a pregnant friend with health issues?

Yes, it is important to follow proper food safety guidelines to ensure that the meals are safe for your pregnant friend to consume. This includes cooking meats to the proper temperature, storing food in the refrigerator or freezer promptly, and reheating meals to a safe temperature.

How far in advance should power cooking meals be prepared for a pregnant friend with health issues?

You can prepare power cooking meals as far in advance as you would like, as long as they are stored properly. It is recommended to store meals in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Be sure to label and date the meals for easy organization.

Can you provide any tips for successfully power cooking for a pregnant friend with health issues?

Some tips for successful power cooking include planning out your meals and grocery list beforehand, using high-quality meal prep containers, and choosing recipes that can easily be modified for dietary restrictions or preferences. It is also helpful to have a variety of meals on hand to avoid getting tired of eating the same thing every day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ButterflyVioletta
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
TrishPCMommy
  • cookin to the top