• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking Clinic - Need Ideas/Advice

In summary, Jessica is considering having a Power Cooking Clinic in April. She would indicate choice of chicken or beef and the various recipes for them to choose from for each. The guests would bring their choice of meat, the ingredients that go with their recipe choices and Ziploc bags. She would show them how to prep everything and put it all together. She could have snacks and prizes for them while they are cooking.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I was thinking about having a Power Cooking Clinic in April. I would indicate choice of chicken or beef and the various recipes for them to choose from for each. The guests would bring their choice of meat, the ingredients that go with their recipe choices and Ziploc bags. I would show them how to prep everything and put it all together. I could have snacks and prizes for them while we are cooking.

Any ideas/advice/suggestions???

I would probably do it like my Kids in the Kitchen Workshops - have it on different days and times and they choose which works best for them. I think having 4-5 people at each time would be less hectic and I could really show them what to do.

I just did a Power Cooking Chicken show last Saturday to rave reviews.

At my house, I cooked the basic chicken recipe (double recipe) , then bagged up the portions into individual packets, along with the individual ingredients for ALL of five of the power cooking recipes. I placed all of the recipe components into small plastic grocery bags. At the party, I handed a bag to every guest, along with the preparation directions. Each guest was responsible for all aspects of getting the recipe together....cutting/chopping/dicing the ingredients, cooking, and assembly. This allowed each guest the opportunity to use and evaluate the Pampered Chef products that it took to make the dish. The kitchen was quite large, so there wasn't a lot of people running in to each other, which was nice. The guests LOVED taking "ownership" of the dish, and they all beamed whem complimented on their results.

I purchased all of the ingredients, and the host re-imbursed me for their cost.

This is actually what was prepared for the show. It was a LOT of food, but it was all eaten (most every guest took home a "goodie" bag).

Drinks, both non-alcoholic:
• Cran-Raspberry Fizz, Fall/Winter Season’s Best 2007
• Lemony Gingertinis, Spring/Summer Season’s Best 2009

Appetizer:
• Greek Cheese Torta , Spring/Summer Season’s Best 2008 with toasted Italian bread slices and garlic pita crisps

Main Course:
• A Chicken cooked in the Deep Covered Baker in 30 Minutes!
• A Power-Cooking demonstration of 5 different recipes and techniques of what you can do with the leftovers from the chicken - to include:
 Chicken Stir-Fry
 Green Chicken & Orzo Skillet
 Dijon Chicken Noodle Toss
 Smoky Black Bean and Chicken Wraps
 Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup

Dessert:
 Fresh pineapple
 Raspberry-White Chocolate Angel Roll, All the Best, pg 86
 Caramel Bread Pudding, Delightful Desserts, pg 46
 Tiramisu Brownie Trifle, Season’s Best Fall/Winter 2008, pg 25

All in all, it was a totally awesome show

I wanted to have it my house and I wanted each guest to bring their own meat, ingredients and bags. I would show them how to cook/prep it all up. When they left they would have 3 meals ready to be prepared easily during the week. That was the idea I had in mind.

ChefJWarren said:
I wanted to have it my house and I wanted each guest to bring their own meat, ingredients and bags. I would show them how to cook/prep it all up. When they left they would have 3 meals ready to be prepared easily during the week. That was the idea I had in mind.

Jessica - why don't you do it like your Kids in the Kitchen, where you buy the ingredients, and charge a certain price? I know there is someone in my cluster that does something along the same lines and because she only uses PC products, her students are always buying products. Just a thought.

Duh, great idea! How much does she charge? I think if I do it that way, I'll just do chicken and choose the 3 recipes. I can advertise it by charging a certain amount and you go home with 3 meals!

I'm doing a Power Cooking Clinic where I provide everything and the guests pay a fee to go home with 3 meals. I'm worried about having enough seasoning. I wonder how many Tbsp I can get out of one container?

Okay, after reading ChefBeckyD's post, I think I'm going to do her idea. Plus, I just can't see myself buying ingredients for all those people - 30 pounds of chicken! Yikes. I'm trying her idea.

When I did my power cooking clinic, I did a drawing for 3 meals(3 people got to take them home), and then also made the 30 minute chicken and everyone ate that at the show, along with fruit salsa, and an olive dip I made. It went over very well, and I got several bookings. It was a ton of fun!

I'll go find the thread about it for you.

Ummm, okay - sorry.:eek:

I didn't read down far enough before posting - just got to the post about buying all of the ingredients for everyone....

Guess you don't need to have a link to the thread.:eek:

This is a GREAT idea...wish I had a bigger kitchen than my closet of a kitchen.

Help with Power cooking showI saw something about setting up stations for a power cooking show and now I can't find it. Anyone have any ideas?

1. What is a Power Cooking Clinic?

A Power Cooking Clinic is an event hosted by Pampered Chef consultants where they demonstrate how to use our products to make quick and easy meals for busy families. It's a great opportunity to learn new recipes and techniques for efficient meal preparation.

2. How can I attend a Power Cooking Clinic?

You can attend a Power Cooking Clinic by hosting a party with a Pampered Chef consultant. As a host, you can invite your friends and family to join the event and learn how to make delicious meals in a short amount of time. You can also attend a Power Cooking Clinic as a guest of a host.

3. Is there a cost to attend a Power Cooking Clinic?

No, there is no cost to attend a Power Cooking Clinic. It's a complimentary event hosted by our consultants to showcase our products and their capabilities for efficient cooking.

4. What can I expect at a Power Cooking Clinic?

At a Power Cooking Clinic, you can expect to see our consultants demonstrate various recipes using Pampered Chef products. They will also provide tips and advice for meal planning and time-saving techniques. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and sample the dishes being prepared.

5. Can I purchase products at a Power Cooking Clinic?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products at a Power Cooking Clinic. Our consultants will have a selection of products available for purchase at the event. You can also place orders through the consultant to be shipped directly to your home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebsApronStrings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • ButterflyVioletta