• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Power Cooking Show - What a Bust!

In summary, I thought the concept was great, but I had trouble translating it into an attractive demo, let alone an interactive show.
susanr613
Gold Member
I just returned from my first ever Power Cooking Show and I was not impressed. I think it's a great concept, but I had trouble translating it into an attractive demo, let alone an interactive show.

I followed the instructions with the exception of choosing 3 recipes. I had the host choose 1 and thats what we prepared with 1/2 of the meat. She and I cooked the meat ahead of time, then when the guests arrived we cooked the stroganoff. Out of the 6 people there, only 3 liked it. The rest (including me) took a few bites and put it down.

So, those of you who have had successful Power Cooking shows, how do you liven it up? How do you get guests involved? I really want to offer this show, as I believe in cooking for freezer.

TIA

When it was first introduced, we did a trial run of the Power Cooking demo for our cluster meeting. When we arrived, our ED had already had the meat browning on the stove with the garlic and onion. Three stations were set up and we were each assigned to one of the three stations. At each station, we measured and prepped the ingredients for a recipe (we did the tacos, the hoagies and the stroganoff). Once they were pretty much ready to go, we chose which one we would keep for taste-testing (the tacos) and sealed the other two to put in the freezer. After we finished (it only took 15-20 minutes from the time we arrived), we sat and ate the tacos and discussed the tools we used, what we liked about them, etc. It was a nice way to make it interactive and informative, and since we worked in groups each group had something different to offer to the conversation. Just an idea...it worked great for us!!! Haven't had anyone interested in Power Cooking yet myself, but hoping that one day I will. :)

I have only 'viewed' one before. It was at a Cluster Meeting and it was a 'mock one'. The Consultant did most of the talking and just asked for a few volunteers to slightly help out. But she is in control of most of it.

I think that is the way I would have to do it as well - it would work best for me that way.

I haven't actually done the Power Cooking show, but talk about power cooking at my shows as a tip. I also have done the Skillet Lasagna at shows. I use 1/2 ground beef
(90%) and 1/2 hot Ital. sausage. They love it! I mention this as a pwr. cooking type recipe & kid friendly. It halps to sell the 12" skillets also.

susanr613 said:
I followed the instructions with the exception of choosing 3 recipes. I had the host choose 1 and thats what we prepared with 1/2 of the meat.

TIA

I did Power Cooking all last spring and have some set for this fall also.
I make the 3, that is how they see the "Power Cooking" end of it.
I put someone in charge of reading and 2 teams of 2 to assemble the freezer meals.
I do the one we are going to try.
If they don't see how easy it is to bag up and be done with the other 2 recipes they won't get the idea, KWIM?
I would say try it again, maybe at the cluster meeting and do 3. I usually do the taco one and turn it into a salad or nachos to feed more people.
It is the quick and easy assembly that you can highlight.

This does not show alot of tools, only
12" skillet / lid
Mix n chop
Mandoline (if doing the italian beef hoagies)

I also bring to every show a chicken in the DCB. So really they are seeing 4 recipes in under 1/2 an hour :)

I would try it again! I have had good success with it :)
If you have any questions, please ask.

The show I hosted before signing was a Power Cooking show. We had a blast, but a lot of that had to do with the personality of my recruiter.

We did tacos (salad), sloppy joes and stroganoff. In the 3 team strategy that has been mentioned already.

Some other tools I remember her using:
Stainless bowls
Scrapers
Assorted measuring cups & spoons
Garlic precipe

She served the taco salad in the large SA bowl in the square woven selection basket. With the 3 "teams" there was a lot of "ooh what do they have, what are they doing, look at this" kind of stuff.

I want to do a Power Cooking day at my house -- I've power cooked (freezer cooked) long before I found Pampered Chef, and I love it. Love doing it... love having the meals I can easily prepare.

Not sure if the power cooking would work for many of my guests. I do an interactive show where the group stands around the table or takes turns coming up to help. But honestly, most of my guests are there to watch, drink and eat and want to be entertained a bit. For one night out, they are not looking to do the cooking themselves. I like the idea of telling them how they can do the power cooking and tell them to call or email me so I can give them more info on how to save money.

I just had another great Power cooking show on thursday. I have had great success with these shows.
I reccomend trying these at home. You really have to believe in them and have experience with preparing them.
FYI... The stroganof is the most bland least favorite of most my customers. They usually jaz it up with extra salt and pepper, or maybee some cayene pepper.
All the others are Great!!!
I cook the meat as soon as I get to the hosts home including onions and garlic. That way it is mostly cooled by the time we need to seperate it out.
First I introduce the concept. I say something about how we have all heard about once a month cooking but it is way too overwhelming for me, but to do 3-5 recipes at a time is doable.

I usually seperate the meat first but I think I will do that before people arrive from now on. 2 servings in bags 1 in skillet.
I prepare the recipe we will be eating first. Get it simmering then prepare the 2 frezer recipes. Guests LOVE to mix up the ingredients after they are in the zipper bags.
The hosts are thrilled to have 2 meals in their freezer ready to go!

I also offer lots of ways to change up these recipes, by using chicken, serving in flour tortillas, different sides, etc.
I also offer money saving tips and tips for larger families.
Ex: for saving $ if you have an Aldi store near you definetly check it out. Mine is 22 miles away so I go about every 2 weeks and plan my trip. I also do other errands that I can not do locally.
For larger families: cook 4lbs of GB and dbl the recipes!
Or to get just a bit more meat in the recipes I buy the higher fat GB in 5lb. logs. Cook it up drain the fat and do 4 of the power cooking recipes. In my opinion these recipes have alot of flavor and can handle a bit more than 1lb of meat. If you want a bit of extra flavor it is no big deal to add a bit of extra seasoning or bump up the heat on the tacos or chili.

ETA... I have done this show both as interactive and traditional. It works either way!

Koolotus said:
This does not show alot of tools, only
12" skillet / lid
Mix n chop
Mandoline (if doing the italian beef hoagies)
QUOTE]

Hmm... I show lots of tools... can opener, easy reads, easy adj. meas tools, cutting boards, scrapers, Measure all, Knives, our seasonings (I sell more at these shows than any other) nylon slotted spoon.

Get creative!

Chef Endora said:
I haven't actually done the Power Cooking show, but talk about power cooking at my shows as a tip. I also have done the Skillet Lasagna at shows. I use 1/2 ground beef
(90%) and 1/2 hot Ital. sausage. They love it! I mention this as a pwr. cooking type recipe & kid friendly. It halps to sell the 12" skillets also.

Skillet Lasagna? Do you have the recipe? Is it in the files? I could not locate it

Thanks

Carol

cwinter474 said:
Skillet Lasagna? Do you have the recipe? Is it in the files? I could not locate it

Thanks

Carol

i'ts in the 29 minutes todinner cookbook

etteluap70PC said:
i'ts in the 29 minutes todinner cookbook

Thanks!

Guess what's for dinner tonight?

Just got home from doing a Power Cooking Show with a new recruit - it was her Kick Off! She's a teacher, and is very passionate about the Power Cooking Show, and wanted to show her teacher friends how easy it could be to do. She has 4 bookings for cooking shows, and 1 catalog show!

We did it together - sorta tag-teamed it. I had someone help with slicing peppers, and several who tried the mix and chop...but mainly my recruit and I did it.

My secret for the Stroganoff? Use Progresso Cream of Mushroom soup - much tastier than the condensed versions!

ChefBeckyD said:
My secret for the Stroganoff? Use Progresso Cream of Mushroom soup - much tastier than the condensed versions!

Thanks Becky! I will remember that!

thank you all so much for the great ideas!

I do not do an interactive power show mainly because I would not want many hands preparing my meals for my family. I have the host brown the meat before I arrive. I transfer the meat to the 12" skillet and I do the 3 meals very quickly. My main focus is on budget friendly and time saving. I discuss different products as I use them. For guest interaction I let them make salsa.

1. What is a First Power Cooking Show?

A First Power Cooking Show is an interactive cooking demonstration where a Pampered Chef consultant showcases and uses our products to prepare a variety of recipes. It is a fun and informative way to learn about our kitchen tools and how to use them in everyday cooking.

2. How long does a First Power Cooking Show usually last?

A First Power Cooking Show typically lasts about 1-2 hours, depending on the number of recipes being prepared and the level of audience participation.

3. Is there a cost to attend a First Power Cooking Show?

No, there is no cost to attend a First Power Cooking Show. It is a complimentary event hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Can I purchase products at a First Power Cooking Show?

Yes, you can purchase products at a First Power Cooking Show. Our consultants will have a display of products available for purchase and can also take orders for any items you are interested in.

5. Can I host a First Power Cooking Show in my own home?

Absolutely! In fact, hosting a First Power Cooking Show in your home is a great way to earn free and discounted products. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a show and start earning rewards!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebsApronStrings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cookin to the top
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies