• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking - How Do I Make It Interactive and Fun for My First Show?

In summary, the conversation is about an upcoming Power Cooking show where the host wants to have interactive stations. The speaker is seeking suggestions on how to make it fun and mentions looking for tips from ChefBeckyD's successful power cooking clinic. They also mention doing a run-through of the show and planning to highlight the Hoagies, Stroganoff, and Tacos recipes rather than the Sloppy Joes. The speaker also suggests using dinner rolls and toppings to make the Sloppy Joes more interactive.
leftymac
I have my first Power Cooking show this weekend and the host wants to do it interactive style and have stations. Any suggestions? I certainly don't want the ground beef to be browned in advance b/c I want to show off the cookware and the mix 'n chop. We're doing the sloppy joes, stroganoff, and tacos. The sloppy joes are so simple that it'd be a pathetic lonely little station all by itself.

Any tips on how to make this fun? I'd prefer to do it as a traditional demo, but that won't be happening.

Look for ChefBeckyD's threads or posts on this topic. She has a very successful power cooking clinic!

Keith - here is a link to the thread - my explanation is on post #32.
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/yikes-my-power-cooking-clinic-37833/index2.htmlLet me know if you have any specific questions. I had everyone stand around the table and didn't really do stations. I was trying to show them how it could be done in 30 minutes, so we did them one at a time, I had the ingredients and tools for each recipe on the counter behind me, and brought them to the table as we were ready to do that meal.

I am getting so excited about my clinic! I plan to do all of it myself today as a run through so I will let you know what tips I might have after I am done!

Oh - and for the Sloppy Joes - I agree, there isn't much to do with those, or with the chili (open cans and dump is about all there is to that one) and now, I try to steer people towards the Hoagies, Stroganoff, and Tacos. However, when I first started doing the power cooking shows, I did the Sloppy Joes a couple times, and we used these as the recipe for everyone to sample. Then there is a little more you can do. I had the host buy dinner rolls to serve them on, and then you can use the bread knife to slice, and do the toppings, etc....I also used the med. scoop to put the meat on the buns.

What is Power Cooking - Interactive?

Power Cooking - Interactive is a cooking method that utilizes high heat and quick cooking techniques to prepare meals in a fraction of the time it would take using traditional methods.

What are the benefits of Power Cooking - Interactive?

The main benefit of Power Cooking - Interactive is that it saves time. It also helps retain the nutrients and flavors in the food, as well as reducing the energy consumption in the kitchen.

What types of recipes can be made using Power Cooking - Interactive?

Power Cooking - Interactive is versatile and can be used to prepare a variety of recipes, including meats, vegetables, grains, and even desserts.

Do I need special equipment to do Power Cooking - Interactive?

While it is recommended to use Pampered Chef's Rockcrok® Collection for the best results, Power Cooking - Interactive can also be done using other high heat-safe cookware such as cast iron or stainless steel.

What are some tips for successful Power Cooking - Interactive?

To achieve the best results, make sure to properly preheat your cooking vessel and use high heat. It is also important to not overcrowd the pan and to frequently stir or flip the food to ensure even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefSheryl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Darcia
  • cookin to the top