• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I cook chicken in a DCB for my power cooking show?

In summary, the host is preparing for a chicken power cooking show and would love some tips. Other guests have tried the dijon toss, stir-fry, and wraps, all of which were excellent.
Need some help here. I have a power cooking show with the chicken tomorrow night and I have the ingrediants but life has been so crazy I will not have time to try this out before the show!!! Any tips and suggestions would be great! We are doing the wraps, the Dijon chicken, and the soup.
I did one beef power cooking show so I don't have tons of experience with these. I would love ideas to add more products to the show and I am planning on cooking chicken in DCB. Has anyone done this? Thanks a bunch.

I did a chicken power cooking party about a week ago and I didn't try anything out ahead of time. I just ran off all three recipes that the host (my newest recruit) chose and set them out in stations. I then had everyone divide up into 3 groups and. The host and I made the recipe to try and the other two groups did the freezer recipes.

Good luck!

Thanks! if anyone else has any tips, I am getting ready for the show!

How did the show go? The recipes sound so good.
Deb

I'm doing my first Power Cooking show with Chicken Friday night and was about to post for help when I saw this thread. How did the show go?

For my show we're serving the soup and freezing the stir fry and dijon toss. Any suggestions from anybody? What are all of the tools you use? I made the soup tonight and forgot how spicy the Chipotle seasoning is - hopefully none of the guests will mind. I also used the bottom of a prep bowl to crush the chips which seemed to work well. Any tips or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks,

I would definitely cook the chicken and if you're doing one of the recipes that calls for rice, the rice ahead of time. I've tried the dijon toss, stir-fry, and wraps, all of which are excellent! On the wraps, I found that warming the tortillas just before use makes them stretchier so they wrap better. I just did 15 seconds in the microwave, 1 tortilla at a time.

Thank you for the input ardipc. Anyone else out there have some tips??

1. How long should I cook chicken in the Pampered Chef Power Cooker?

The cooking time for chicken in the Pampered Chef Power Cooker will depend on the size and cut of the chicken. As a general rule, boneless chicken breasts should be cooked for 8-10 minutes on high pressure, while bone-in chicken pieces should be cooked for 10-12 minutes. It is important to always use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F before consuming.

2. Can I cook frozen chicken in the Power Cooker?

Yes, the Power Cooker can cook frozen chicken. Simply add 2-3 minutes to the cooking time for boneless chicken breasts, and 4-5 minutes for bone-in chicken pieces. It is important to note that frozen chicken may produce excess liquid, so it is recommended to use less liquid in the recipe to avoid a watery dish.

3. Do I need to use the browning feature before pressure cooking chicken?

No, the browning feature is optional when cooking chicken in the Power Cooker. It can help to add flavor and color to the chicken, but it is not necessary for the pressure cooking process. If you choose not to use the browning feature, you can simply add all ingredients to the pot and begin cooking on high pressure.

4. Can I use the Power Cooker for bone broth or chicken stock?

Yes, the Power Cooker can be used to make bone broth or chicken stock. Simply add bones, vegetables, and water to the pot and cook on high pressure for 2-3 hours. For a richer broth, you can also use the browning feature to brown the bones and vegetables before pressure cooking.

5. How do I clean the Power Cooker after cooking chicken?

The Power Cooker is easy to clean after cooking chicken. Simply remove the inner pot and wash it with warm, soapy water. The lid and sealing ring can be washed in the dishwasher or hand washed. It is important to always remove and clean the sealing ring after each use to avoid any lingering odors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • ButterflyVioletta
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies