• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Interactive Show: Chaotic, Fun & Delicious!

Brenda! You are a wild woman!It is actually, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. Yes, it is going to be busy, and I have been trying to schedule shows Mon, Thurs, Saturdays, but when it came to scheduling what worked best with my host, and double points, I flexed a little!:D On Feb 9th, I think I am going to end up with a brunch show, as well as an evening show.
vogee13
I did an interactive show (my first) the other night and it was amazing. Sales are at $900, 6 catalog bookings, 4 recruit leads! (11 guests at show) so I am sold on doing interactive shows. We made the enchilada recipe in the 30 min Cookbook and I had prepped the Brie recipe ahead of time. I didn't do anything like a normal cooking show!

The whole thing was a little chaotic but lots of fun. People were all standing around talking and then there was lots of time for visiting. The whole cookung time was probably 30 min. I was a little bummed that I didn't get any cooking shows out of it. But I think one of the catalog shows might be persuaded to change to a cooking.

That is so awesome!! Congratulations!!

I did the interactive last night. I had six guests. I split the guests into 3 groups. I started by introducing the tools at each of the stations (whole group), so when they read the recipe, they knew what they were using. The groups made cornbread, garlic bites and chicken alfredo soup. One group had an 8 year old and 5 year old helping mom with the easy read measuring cup and rolling balls. It was a lot of fun. While the cornbread cooked, I then handed out the catalogs and introduced the specials. I booked two cooking shows. The hosts has 5 outside orders coming in. From start to people going out the door was 1 1/2 hours. Loved it!

vogee13 said:
I did an interactive show (my first) the other night and it was amazing. Sales are at $900, 6 catalog bookings, 4 recruit leads! (11 guests at show) so I am sold on doing interactive shows. We made the enchilada recipe in the 30 min Cookbook and I had prepped the Brie recipe ahead of time. I didn't do anything like a normal cooking show!

The whole thing was a little chaotic but lots of fun. People were all standing around talking and then there was lots of time for visiting. The whole cookung time was probably 30 min. I was a little bummed that I didn't get any cooking shows out of it. But I think one of the catalog shows might be persuaded to change to a cooking.

Sign that host!! :D Her committment to PC would be complete! She has everything laid out for her!;) ;) Once she sees how great and easy it is, those other 4 leads will be begging to sign too!

wow awesome! congrats!

lockhartkitchen said:
I did the interactive last night. I had six guests. I split the guests into 3 groups. I started by introducing the tools at each of the stations (whole group), so when they read the recipe, they knew what they were using. The groups made cornbread, garlic bites and chicken alfredo soup. One group had an 8 year old and 5 year old helping mom with the easy read measuring cup and rolling balls. It was a lot of fun. While the cornbread cooked, I then handed out the catalogs and introduced the specials. I booked two cooking shows. The hosts has 5 outside orders coming in. From start to people going out the door was 1 1/2 hours. Loved it!

I am hoping to make the 4 shows I have this weekend interactive as well. So, once you introduce the tools, do you just have the guests read along the recipe themselves? or do you guide them through the steps? My first interactive show is tonight, and we are doing the mini-pesto pizzas and a quick, simple pink trifle.

Bren706 said:
I am hoping to make the 4 shows I have this weekend interactive as well. So, once you introduce the tools, do you just have the guests read along the recipe themselves? or do you guide them through the steps? My first interactive show is tonight, and we are doing the mini-pesto pizzas and a quick, simple pink trifle.

Brenda! You are a wild woman!

ChefBeckyD said:
Brenda! You are a wild woman!

It is actually, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. Yes, it is going to be busy, and I have been trying to schedule shows Mon, Thurs, Saturdays, but when it came to scheduling what worked best with my host, and double points, I flexed a little!:D

On Feb 9th, I think I am going to end up with a brunch show, as well as an evening show. I thought the brunch host was going MIA, as I had not had her guest list, and I went to make a final call to her (previously not able to reach her) she answered the phone, and DOES want to have the show! When she went MIA, I had scheduled the evening show just in case. Oh well, I will be racking those double points up!

So when you do an interactive show, you have the guests prepare the recipe themselves and then just give a bookings and recruiting talk and maybe a couple products you didn't talk about and that's it?

What would you do if you have a large group? Like 20 people? You know the old expression about too many cooks in the kitchen!

Bren706 said:

Nevermind, I found the other interactive show threads (there are a few of them) and read them. Some great info if you have not seen them yet.

For me I had stations set up with the product, ingredients and the asked who wanted to try one. The first person that arrived got first choice and the host finished it up. I did the assembly in the stone and just gave them directions. "we need 1 c shredded cheese w/ the mandoline"

The guest talked about everything great and those that weren't hands on involved were going through the tool turn about. After all was done in the kitchen I asked every on to have a seat in the living room, gave them all their guest boards. Went through the prize drawing slip in detail and did a prize drawing at the end of the show for that.

I discussed the DCB, and then let the guest mingle, visit, and discuss at will. Several came back and asked about specific products that we had used or about others.

No games or specific recruiting or booking talk. I did ask everyone about hosting at checkout. And I looked at everyone's prize slip and gave them a recruiting packet if they had marked any interest.

I really like this idea, how did you discuss the arrangement with your host? I've had a few people who are used to "one room" parties and don't take time to clean another room or make room else where. Or my show last week were the host was waiting for new furniture to come.

What is the pink trifle you mentioned?

That's great for your party!!!
I have started doing the interactive shows as well and did my second last night. It went VERY well also. Better than the first. I set up stations and let everyone pick one and they actually made the ENTIRE recipe, I didn't do any of it except for when it came out of the oven. I did the Pepperoni Pizza Twist which was a HUGE hit!!! Used A LOT of the products too!! Everyone seemed to have fun with it. I was worried at the end that maybe I shouldn't have made them do everything, but nobody seemed to mind. I got two bookings and sales are still coming in!!
I've asked guests who have been at my other shows which they like better and they all tend to agree that the interactive shows are better. I've noticed that they are shorter also!! Mine started last night at about 6:15 and by 8:40 I was packed up and in the car on the way home!! For me this is very good!!! I'm hoping to get shorter and shorter.
Anyway, sorry for going on and on!!!!!!

Has anyone found that you aren't giving the same or as much info about the products as with a regular demo? My Stoneware spiel is usually quite detailed. I've never timed it, but I go over top sellers and recipe suggestions. I do end up with alot of Stoneware orders (regular months). With this month being Stoneware month I surprisingly have sold very few pieces. I have done my shows with this Interactive format and tend to not linger on the products as much. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

The guests are LOVING being able to play with the products, btw. I used to ask for volunteers and people would come and assist, but everyone stayed seated. I don't know. I'm not poo pooing the IS (interactive show). I just want to adjust my instructive part accordingly.

Chef Kearns I'm SO glad you asked this... I had just sent this info to my director to get some help... and then I was coming here to start a thread... I was thankful to find this one...

I have a question about what you are doing after you do the interactive cooking part at the beginning of the show. We went to another room and just hit the high points of the catalog because they had questions about what different products we had. There were only 3 guests other than the host and past host. I'm feeling like I'm not doing a good job of covering the
collections with this new format... and not talking about the products they are using while cooking really... I think I just don't feel very in control which I am not a freak about control but I'm wondering if I'm not giving them the info that I feel like they might need. That being said, with her outside orders and her 4 buying guests, she is very close to $500 and intends to get there or higher by Monday when we close. I'm just feeling kind of lost I think as to what is the best way to proceed once they are sampling the food etc. How are you transitioning into that time?

Okay... my director and I spoke and she had a great suggestion to say at the beginning that I want them to think about one comment or question that they might have about the products while we are cooking and then when we leave the kitchen area... to ask for those comments or questions...
ANY ideas from ya'll would be awesome too!

I'm planning on trying the interactive show for the first time at my show this Saturday. We are doing the 30 minute chicken - sandwich version. My plan is to have the first few guests help me prepare the chicken and start it. Then I'll do most of my talking. Afterwards I'll have everyone help me chop lettuce and slice tomato, grate cheese etc. I was also planning on letting them make microwave cakes in the heart dish when the chicken was done as well.

Do you think this sounds like a good plan, or do you think I should have them do all the prep stuff at once. It may be hard to get them back up again if they sit down for me to do my talking. What's your opinion?

Chef Kearns said:
Has anyone found that you aren't giving the same or as much info about the products as with a regular demo? My Stoneware spiel is usually quite detailed. I've never timed it, but I go over top sellers and recipe suggestions. I do end up with alot of Stoneware orders (regular months). With this month being Stoneware month I surprisingly have sold very few pieces. I have done my shows with this Interactive format and tend to not linger on the products as much. Has anyone else found this to be the case?The guests are LOVING being able to play with the products, btw. I used to ask for volunteers and people would come and assist, but everyone stayed seated. I don't know. I'm not poo pooing the IS (interactive show). I just want to adjust my instructive part accordingly.
I did what I would call an interactive show this past week...although it's probably my own hybrid blend type of interactive show. I was doing the Chicken Fajitas in the DCB, along with the salad chopper salsa and guacamole. Before the show, I prepped all of the veggies - had the peppers and onion cleaned and cored, ready to slice.....and prepped the salsa ingredients, had them all in the bowl ready to go, and the limes ready to press. I placed the avocados with a packet of seasoning in another bowl. Then I placed the tools needed by each, along with a cutting board. (The host had a great center island that worked well BTW)When all of the guests started arriving, we just stood around the island and chatted for a few minutes, while they looked at all of the tools in my TTA.....then, I had them go sit down in the dining room area, and I did my beginning spiel, and also talked about the host and guest special for the evening - and did my usual talk about stoneware & cookware.
When we were done with that, I said "Okay, now we are all taking a field trip to the kitchen, where we will be making the fajitas I've been telling you about!" We all washed hands, and then I led them over to the island, and started talking about knives as I started slicing a pepper - then, I passed the cutting board and knife to the person on my right, and said "Go for it - check it out!"....then I showed the apple wedger, talked about how great it is not only for apples but also potatoes and onions....passed it to the person on my left, and said "go for it - check it out!".......then I started with the chicken.......passed it to the next person to slice in to strips (along with a pair of the gloves) We assembled and seasoned the fajitas and popped them in the microwave......then did the same thing with the salsa, only passed this around so everyone could try it - and then the citrus press with the lime, and then I showed them how to work with avocados - and passed it around with the mix n masher......I had tortillas in the oven this whole time at 200 - in the mini baker covered with foil.....I took those out (talked again about the benefits of stoneware)- set them on the large round woven, took out the fajitas and set them next to the tortillas......I had cheese in a small dots bowl, and salsa in a small dots bowl, and then we had guac. & sour cream in two small square bowls in the caddy. Everyone made themselves a fajita, then went back to the dining room to sit down. I handed out guest folders, explained the Last Chance Flyer, went over theme show options and booking benefits one more time, and then did the drawing for free shipping and explained order taking.....let them finish eating while I cleaned up a bit and got ready to help them with their orders.hope you can read all of that - it turned into a monster post!

I want to go to one of your shows Becky! You are so on top of everything.

How long would you say your show lasts from the time you start talking to your guests until the time the food is ready to eat?

pamperedlinda said:
I want to go to one of your shows Becky! You are so on top of everything.

How long would you say your show lasts from the time you start talking to your guests until the time the food is ready to eat?

LOL - you wouldn't say that if you could see my office - or see me an hour before I'm supposed to leave for show!:D :D (btw - that's why I didn't answer your last PM yesterday....I was trying to get packed for my show - sorry!)

My entire demo is never longer than 40-45 minutes - from start to finish. I can only handle so much of hearing my own voice.:rolleyes:

lockhartkitchen said:
One group had an 8 year old and 5 year old helping mom with the easy read measuring cup and rolling balls.

This would make a great show...a "Cook With Your Kids" show! I'm pretty involved with our local MOMS Club, and this could be a great way to have a show. Thanks for the great idea!!

I saw a great example of an interactive show at my spring regional last Saturday. She had the guests gather around the recipe when they came in & they did the recipe first. She talked about each product before they used it & explained how to use it. Then the guest did that particular part. I plan on doing that (never have shows starting late unless there are no guests there!) & then have everyone grab some food & find a seat. That's when I'm going to pass out my lapboards. I also plan on putting mini catalogs in to go over the new products briefly. I'll quickly explain future specials & let them shop, chat & eat. I will be doing lots of power cooking shows this month, so I think the guests will love to see how fast they can make 3 dinners at home.

Related to My First Interactive Show: Chaotic, Fun & Delicious!

What is "My First Interactive Show: Chaotic, Fun & Delicious!"?

"My First Interactive Show: Chaotic, Fun & Delicious!" is a virtual cooking demonstration and party experience hosted by Pampered Chef. It is designed to be chaotic, fun, and delicious, and is perfect for those who want to learn new recipes and techniques, socialize with friends and family, and earn free or discounted Pampered Chef products.

How does the interactive show work?

The interactive show is hosted on a virtual platform where attendees can watch and interact with a Pampered Chef consultant as they demonstrate recipes and kitchen tools. Attendees can ask questions, participate in polls and challenges, and even win prizes. It's a fun and engaging way to learn and socialize from the comfort of your own home.

Do I need any special equipment or ingredients for the show?

No, you do not need any special equipment or ingredients. The consultant will provide a list of ingredients and kitchen tools needed for each recipe beforehand, so you can prepare and cook along if you wish. However, you can also simply watch and take notes, and try the recipes at a later time.

Can I invite my friends and family to join the show?

Yes, you can invite as many friends and family members as you'd like to join the show. In fact, the more the merrier! The interactive show is a great way to socialize and have fun with loved ones, even if you can't physically be together.

Is there a cost to attend the interactive show?

No, there is no cost to attend the interactive show. It is completely free to join and participate. However, there may be opportunities to purchase Pampered Chef products during the show, but there is no pressure to do so. The main goal is to have a fun and delicious experience with your friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies