• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jerk Chicken Nachos as an Interactive Show

In summary, the recipe for Jerk Chicken Nachos does not require a lot of tools, but an interactive show is a great way to get your first show off to a good start.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Okay, so I am doing a show tonight and we had decided a while back to do Jerk Chicken Nachos. I was looking at the recipe, and it doesn't use a whole lot of tools, but I want to do an interactive show....my first one!

Anyone do this recipe as an interactive show? Any tips or tricks? Not sure how many guests will be there (yes, I know, that's bad host coaching....:eek: )

Anyone have any other tips on doing interactive shows? I was at Spring Into Success training this weekend and they demonstrated it and I really enjoyed it, but I didn't get my DVD yet :cry: :cry: so I don't have a whole lot of knowledge about it.

What about adding the salsa recipe from the catalog?? It can use lots of tools
(garlic press, salad chopper, SA, citrus press, knives, etc)

I've done it twice now. It does use alot of tools. I set up stations according to the recipe in the Season's Best. There were alot of bowls, scrapers, measuring tools, mandoline, knives, cutting boards, timer, etc. The only thing is my mandoline didn't behave properly for my guests, guess I just have the special touch. I think they are trying to press down to hard. It is very fun. I used the large round stone with handles in the woven selection. We also made the cranberry fizz so that was even more products. The guests had a lot of fun!

I only used the mandoline as a repeat product, gets more products on the table if they don't have to switch products between stations.

You can also cook the chicken in the DBC (8-10 mins) add a little jerk seasoning. Or cook it in the Grill Pan. This will show off 2 awesome products that you can use as a booking tool!

You can always add more products to your demo if you have them. Citrus Press, Handy Scrapers are two things that come to mind.To do an interactive show, just break the recipe down into very specific yet simple steps and get the guests to get involved. Don't overthink it!Good luck!

I did this as an interactive show this past Friday and it was a hit. I had each person do a separate step of the recipe. There were a few that didn't want to participate, but that was okay. I had several people tell me that they had been to numerous PC show's and this was they best. Made me feel good, especially after what had just happened earlier that afternoon.

See http://www.chefsuccess.com/f48/please-say-prayer-me-kinda-long-33238/

The recipes can be decieving in the books. It doesnt list ALL of the items that you could potentially use if you have them. That would intimidate customers into thinking they dont have all the equipment to cook the simple recipe.

Such as, "Cut lime in half crosswise" doesnt specify which knife to use. this would be a good time to talk about the Forged knives vs others.

Mwalker said:
The recipes can be decieving in the books. It doesnt list ALL of the items that you could potentially use if you have them. That would intimidate customers into thinking they dont have all the equipment to cook the simple recipe.

Such as, "Cut lime in half crosswise" doesnt specify which knife to use. this would be a good time to talk about the Forged knives vs others.

When I did my shows, I had the host read the directions. Each guest at the station would use what ever was in front of them to do the task. Knowing that they needed a knife at that step, I chose the appropriate knife to include. There are alot of mixing steps that don't mention what to use for mixing but that's pretty easy with our wide range of scrapers. I used all four last show!

when i make the nachos at a show i always use the citrus press, and i also always use the salad choppers - i cook a chicken breast or two with some of the jerk rub as i am setting up, then coarsely chop the chicken and use the salad choppers to make it small for the nachos. i have sold a TON of salad choppers demoing this recipe - even the non-veggie eaters love it because of doing this for chicken salad, etc.

This is my new favorite recipe for interactive shows...and it just might be my favorite PC demo to do EVER!

Since doing the JCNachos I have done something I have never done before: sold ULTIMATE MANDOLINES! :D

Also, this is a great opportunity to sell them on the GRILL PAN and GRILL PRESS! I always cook the chicken in the grill pan and then dice the chicken using the FOOD CHOPPER.

This recipe also shows off FORGED CUTLERY, STONEWARE (I have been demonstrating it in the Large Bar Pan), and the CITRUS PRESS, not to mention classics like the Batter Bowls, the Scrapers, our Cutting Boards and the Mini Serving Spatula.

Who said this didn't show off any product? ;)

I'm doing the jcnachos as an interactive show on thursday morning. I hope it goes well. I'm kinda nervous.

I have a Hostess, that STILL has not decided what she wants me to prepare for her Show this Friday. I am thinking calling her and offering the Jerk Chicken NAchos as an alternative. My problem is I live on Long Island and there are ALOT of Catholics who don't eat meat on Fridays during Lent.

Any suggestions on how to make this Meat Free without being Boring????

Thanks so much!!!!

I love the interactive shows. I have been in a bookings decline and they seem to be helping me. I have everything set up around the kitchen table and start to demonstrate. Then I ask people to help. Having them stand has not worked out so well, but if they have chairs that are around the table, they will get up to help. I have had a couple turn me down, but everyone else had a great time! I have done the Power Cooking Show a couple of times and it was great! For that, I had each recipe at a different part of the table, and I reached over, grabbed the tool, then asked someone sitting by where it was to use it. It was so fun!

I really like the Jerk Chicken Nachos. They are even better when I shredd the cheese myself. And I bought Meijer brand organic corn tortillas last time and they were so good. I don't know what made them so excellent, but now I won't buy another kind unless I discover something just as good. I've only done these at a show once though.

DebbieJ said:
To do an interactive show, just break the recipe down into very specific yet simple steps and get the guests to get involved. Don't overthink it!

This is exactly how I did my last interactive show - I just did it! It worked great, especially by not having chairs in the room where the 'demo' was going on. The dining room table was the prep area and everyone stood around it in front of a "station" and the living room was the "relax" area after, where they ate while I went over the specials and wrapped up. That's it - super simple!! :D

ChefMoon said:
I love the interactive shows. I have been in a bookings decline and they seem to be helping me. I have everything set up around the kitchen table and start to demonstrate. Then I ask people to help. Having them stand has not worked out so well, but if they have chairs that are around the table, they will get up to help. I have had a couple turn me down, but everyone else had a great time! I have done the Power Cooking Show a couple of times and it was great! For that, I had each recipe at a different part of the table, and I reached over, grabbed the tool, then asked someone sitting by where it was to use it. It was so fun!

I have never been able to get people to stand up after they take a seat, so I had to start by all standing first. I promised them we would be quick and they'd get to relax and enjoy the food after. They did!

lizdpamperedchef said:
I have a Hostess, that STILL has not decided what she wants me to prepare for her Show this Friday. I am thinking calling her and offering the Jerk Chicken NAchos as an alternative. My problem is I live on Long Island and there are ALOT of Catholics who don't eat meat on Fridays during Lent.

Any suggestions on how to make this Meat Free without being Boring????

Thanks so much!!!!

Add more varieties of beans, avocado, etc. - anything else you'd add to nachos!

My last host bought Scoops instead of regular tortilla chips. Was very nice just to pick up the scoop from the pile.

So, you guys were right. This was a great recipe for an interactive show. It was my first one and it was a lot of fun, although I had a hard time getting people involved, but I'll get better at it. And, I can't believe how quickly we got the recipe together!

I will never go back to a traditional show again!! :D

PChefPEI said:
So, you guys were right. This was a great recipe for an interactive show. It was my first one and it was a lot of fun, although I had a hard time getting people involved, but I'll get better at it. And, I can't believe how quickly we got the recipe together!

I will never go back to a traditional show again!! :D

What I found was when I didn't put catalogs out and kept them in the kitchen before the show started it was much easier!

wadesgirl said:
What I found was when I didn't put catalogs out and kept them in the kitchen before the show started it was much easier!

I did wait until after we put the recipe together to give them catalogs. I think I caught them off guard when I told them they were going to be helping out. But, most of them seemed to have fun and I got 2 bookings and one recruit lead. Very excited about that! :)

PChefPEI said:
I did wait until after we put the recipe together to give them catalogs. I think I caught them off guard when I told them they were going to be helping out. But, most of them seemed to have fun and I got 2 bookings and one recruit lead. Very excited about that! :)

The first show I tried this at, the guests came in the living room as normal and sat down looking through the catalog. When I tried to get them into the kitchen, they all tried to sit down at the kitchen table. I had to tell them that they were all helping with the recipe. It will take some time to get used to it but it helps to have the 2nd part of the show area off limits.

PChefPEI said:

woo hoo Marie France!! 2 bookings & a recruit lead is great!! I hope you called HO!!
Did you try the show as Angie demoed at the training session, or did you put your spin on it??

Another key part is host coaching. Tell you host to greet everyone at the door and direct them to join you in the kitchen (or wherever) after they wash their hands. Just get started as people arrive (don't wait for everyone) and then the stragglers can join in as they get there.

What ingredients are needed for Jerk Chicken Nachos?

To make Jerk Chicken Nachos, you will need tortilla chips, cooked and shredded chicken, jerk seasoning, black beans, diced tomatoes, red onion, cheese, and your choice of toppings such as sour cream, avocado, and cilantro.

How do I prepare the chicken for Jerk Chicken Nachos?

You can use pre-cooked chicken and shred it, or you can marinate chicken breasts in jerk seasoning and grill or bake them before shredding. Alternatively, you can also use pre-made jerk chicken from the grocery store.

Can I make Jerk Chicken Nachos ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the chicken and toppings ahead of time, but it's best to assemble and bake the nachos right before serving for the best texture and flavor.

What is an "Interactive Show" for Jerk Chicken Nachos?

An Interactive Show is a cooking demonstration where the consultant will guide you through making the recipe step by step, allowing you to ask questions and learn new techniques while enjoying the final product.

What are some variations I can make for Jerk Chicken Nachos?

You can switch up the protein by using shrimp or tofu instead of chicken. You can also add different toppings like pineapple, jalapenos, or corn. For a vegetarian option, you can omit the chicken and add extra black beans and avocado. Feel free to get creative and make it your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies