• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interactive Show Timing: Longer Than Expected?

I've tried recruitment, having them write down what they want to know about the products, etc. I've also found that interactive demos take much longer than my regular demos. I used to be able to do them in 45 minutes, but now it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes.I understand how you feel! My shows have been running 1 hr. and 15 minutes lately. I think it might be because I've been trying to do too much. I used to do a brief talk about the products before I even started and go around the table showing them how to start, etc. While they are preparing the recipe you can throw in a couple of helpful tips and cross sell as well.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I usually don't do the interactive show, but I will do it depending on the crowd and the recipe.
My problem is that I had my shows cut down to 1 hour, start to finish.
Now when I do an interactive show, it takes forever...like an hour longer.
Anyone else finding this is taking longer when they say it should be shorter?

YES! I have given up on interactive shows. I leave it up to my host but most of them choose my regular show where I cook before.

Maybe try breaking down the recipe. put steps on index cards or if it is already broken down like one of the trifles, print off several recipes have one set of guests do step 1, next set step 2 and so on. Do a brief talk about the products before you even start and go around the table showing them how to start, etc. While they are preparing the recipe you can throw in a couple of helpful tips and cross sell as well. HTH!

I feel the same way! Interactive shows take longer and in the summer everyone is more in the mind set of get in, get out, and get on with it. I did the Strawberry Cream Trifle at a show in the 95 degree heat with no AC. Got it done in 15min. talked for another 15min. and we were done. The show was over $500 and everyone was thrilled that it didn't take long. I just passed the cutlery, cookware, and simple additions. I talked about stoneware and was done. I also talked about booking and recruiting a little during the demo but asked each guest personally at checkout. This worked awesome for me!

I have found that the interactive show is shorter. My shows are 45 min. from start to finish leaving the rest of the time I am there for order taking & cleaning up. It gives the guests more time to mingle so the show isn't as long. It gives me a chance to talk about product collections without having to take time out of the recipe demo to pass the products around. I love the interactive format & so have the guests.

I felt they took longer too....perhaps make sure that you are still doing pre-prep. I thought I could skip that, but then it took WAY TOO MUCH TIME. So...I offer the interactive show, but leave only a few items to cut/dice/prepare so it cuts time off.

After 6 months, I've finally gotten comfortable with the interactive shows.

One of my new consultants sets her timer for 40 minutes, then gives herself 5minutes to wrap up the recipe when it goes off, then off to the "spiel" on hosting, recruiting, etc. I finally bit the bullet and started doing that and DANG if it doesn't work! I did a power cooking show on Monday and literally we were done in 25 minutes!

Tuesday I did a show at Curves (SW Layered Salad) started at 6 and was on the road home at 7:30...DH wanted to know what was wrong!

So, my advice is if you're not doing it consistently, really give it a good try, make sure your making a recipe that is a good interactive recipe (not all of them are) and set your timer.

Good luck!

I keep mine short and sweet! Love interactive demos! In the beginning I speak about bookings and I quickly go over the different products we offer, SA, cookware etc.

I then explain they are going to be participating in an interactive demo. I've gotten all rave reviews from the recipe I use as well.

I do a chocolate raspberry trifle or white chocolate chunk strawberry trifle. Both recipes are on my website.

/vanessawilliams

Give it a try!

Re: TimeAny tips on how to cut down the time of the show? I also found that my shows became longer when I made them interactive and am trying to keep the recipe around 30-40 minutes and I have the wrap-up at about 5 minutes and then do a full service checkout. I'm just not sure why the recipe is taking me so long or what I can do to cut down the time. I would love to have customers in and out in 45 min or less but that just seems impossible with the way my shows have been going lately. They've all been over an hour since I started interactive shows. Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.

Re: TimeMy biggest problem is maintaining "control" of the show. It seems that once the demo is finished they scatter. I cannot get them all back together to go over the rest of the stuff I need to go through like shown in the videos. I also feel like I had bigger shows when it was less interactive. I am all for trying it out, but I am growing frustrated. My shows feel very chaotic.

1. How long does an interactive show typically last?

The length of an interactive show can vary depending on the host and the guests, but on average they last between 1-2 hours.

2. Why do interactive shows sometimes run longer than expected?

Interactive shows can run longer than expected for a variety of reasons such as a larger number of guests, engaging conversations, and unexpected questions or comments from guests.

3. Will the length of the interactive show affect the quality of the experience?

No, the length of the interactive show does not affect the quality of the experience. In fact, longer shows often allow for more interaction and a more personalized experience for each guest.

4. Can I request to have a shorter interactive show?

Yes, if you have time constraints or prefer a shorter show, you can discuss this with your consultant beforehand and they can tailor the show to meet your needs.

5. Are there any tips for keeping an interactive show on track and within the expected time frame?

Yes, to help keep the show on track, be sure to have a clear agenda and timeline in place. Also, encourage guests to save questions for the end or schedule a separate Q&A session after the show to avoid prolonging the show. Additionally, your consultant will be able to offer suggestions and tips for keeping the show within the expected time frame.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckellyd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies