1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales How interactive are your shows?

1. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

As a new consultant i find the completely interactive show, where I pass out steps for the recipe and the guests each complete a step to be very crazy. Please share your tips for keeping shows under control so that they don't take forever for a simple pizza recipe.

Thanks!

Mar 12, 2009
  2. amy07

amy07 Senior Member

do what feels best for you. When you are relaxed, your guests will be too.

Remember that it is YOUR business. The ideas shared are to help you, they are not rules or mandates.

Mar 12, 2009
  3. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

Watch all 3 videos that are on the front page of consultant's corner. You'll be able to see how to handle small, medium and large shows. Plus, you'll find the style that you like best:)

Mar 12, 2009
  4. Krista Burson

Krista Burson Member Gold Member

When I do get guests to participate, I just have them do a part of the recipe until they are ready to have someone else do it. Sometimes I have an interactive show, sometimes I don't, it all depends on the crowd. If I ask if someone wants to come up and help, and no one does, then I proceed doing the recipe myself. Some guests will outright say that they came to have a good time, not to cook.

Mar 12, 2009
  5. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

I too feel out the group. First, I say that we are going to make the recipe...yes, I want THEIR help, but don't worry it's REALLY easy and this way you can actually tell if you love or hate a product since how do you know by just watching me? Then I'll make it a little funny by telling them how super hard each step is like taking the mix n chop and I should them the motion or pouring water into this cup (just the easiest steps b/c then they are like oh...I guess I can do THAT). I have everyone get up though so that they can see what's going on (especially if there is an island and such in the kitchen) and have it all happen at once. They've heard the steps so they just grab what they want to try and may just do a little and someone else will do some. I do anything that they aren't finishing. It actually makes my shows go faster!

Mar 12, 2009
  6. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

What I do, is while I'm working on the recipe, I go around the room and have them introduce themselves, how they know the host, and what is their favorite PC item. I usually ask them either what they do with it, or why it's their favorite, or I pick it up and say a few quick things about it. So, in fact they are selling each other. I have learned a lot about our products from my customers!! Also, I usually have whomever is sitting closest to me, read the recipe. As you get more comfortable, you will recognize openings for when you can invite people to come use products. Each show is different. I have done interactive shows, and they are fun with the right group of people. But, ie I have a group of women who work at a plant and stand all day, they can't wait to come sit down, and relax.

Mar 12, 2009
Have something to add?