• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Decide on the Style of Your Show

In summary, the speaker has experience in hosting shows and has tried both interactive and walk through the catalog styles. They prefer the interactive style because it results in higher sales. However, they let their host decide which style they would like for their show. The speaker is still unsure of their preferred style and asks for advice on how to determine it. They also mention discussing the options with their host and guiding them towards the interactive style.
littlemaisyPC
Gold Member
I've done a few shows here and there but not enough to know what my style is. I like interactive because everyone gets to cook and play with the tools but I tend to miss a lot of info. I also like doing a walk through the catalog type thing because I can go over more products and the guest can come right in and start eating.

I let my host decide what kind of show they want interactive or the walk through the catalog. Most of them choose interactive.

Although I may prefer to do the walk through the catalog type show I feel that if my host want interactive I should do that. So do I keep letting my host decide what kind of show they think their guest would like?

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't know which one I'm more comfortable with. I want to find the best one and stick with that. How did you determine what your style was?

For me, it was what made the highest sales ... the interactive show. My average here in Okinawa has pretty much been $750 per show. My 2010 Average is currently $980 (6 shows) - but I'm sure after income tax return season is done it will go back down to around $750 per show.

I allow my hosts to choose.

Like Sheila, I generally looked at which seemed most financially successful. For me it was the Walk Through the Catalog. I still let my host have a choice. During my first coaching call I tell her (or him, of course) I say:Have you given any thought to what kind of party you'd like to have? Most of my hosts choose the Walk Through the Catalog. [I add either an explanation or "like we did at Susie's house."] But, we can do whatever you think your friends and family will like most Then I go through a few of the most popular shows I offer. As you can see, I guide my hosts toward the one I prefer, while allowing them to make it their show.

I completely understand your dilemma! It can be tough to determine your style as a consultant, especially when you are just starting out. In my experience, the best way to determine your style is to try out different types of shows and see which one you feel most comfortable and successful with. It's great that you are open to both interactive and catalog style shows, as they both have their benefits.

My advice would be to continue letting your host decide which type of show they prefer, but also make sure to offer both options to them. This way, you can get a feel for which type of show your guests respond to more positively. Another helpful tip is to ask for feedback from your host and guests after the show. This can give you valuable insight into what they enjoyed and what they would like to see more of in future shows.

Ultimately, the most important thing is to make sure your guests have a great experience and are excited about the products. So don't be afraid to mix things up and try different styles until you find the one that works best for you and your guests. And remember, as a consultant, you have the flexibility to adapt to different situations and make each show unique and enjoyable for everyone involved.

Best of luck finding your style and happy cooking!

Related to How to Decide on the Style of Your Show

1. What are the different styles of Pampered Chef shows?

There are three main styles of Pampered Chef shows: traditional, virtual, and fundraiser. Traditional shows are held in person at a host's home, virtual shows are held online, and fundraiser shows are designed to help raise money for a specific cause or organization.

2. How do I decide which style of show is right for me?

Consider your schedule and location, as well as the preferences of your potential guests. If you have a busy schedule or your guests are spread out geographically, a virtual show may be the best option. If you have a large network of friends and family in one location, a traditional show may be the way to go.

3. Can I mix and match styles for my show?

Absolutely! You can combine elements of traditional and virtual shows, such as having a live demonstration at a host's home and inviting guests to join virtually. You can also host a traditional fundraiser show or a virtual fundraiser show, depending on your preferences and the needs of the organization you are supporting.

4. How can I make my show more interactive?

There are many ways to make your show interactive, regardless of the style you choose. You can incorporate games, challenges, and interactive polls into your virtual show. For traditional shows, you can have guests participate in hands-on cooking demonstrations or have them try out the products themselves.

5. Are there any special considerations for hosting a fundraiser show?

When hosting a fundraiser show, it's important to communicate with the organization or cause you are supporting to determine their needs and goals. You can also work with a Pampered Chef consultant to create a custom show that is tailored to the specific organization and their audience. Additionally, be sure to promote the show and encourage guests to make purchases, as a portion of the sales will go towards the fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • twinkie10
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kristina21
  • TrishPCMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies