• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Niece's First Apartment: Fun Ideas for a Show!

Your niece is 19 years old and just moved into her own apartment. A standard demo will not be enough for her guests. She is learning to cook, so a more interactive show is what is needed. Recipe ideas can be found on the Cooking for 2 channel. A contest for best cook, most improved, and worst cook would be a great way to keep everyone entertained.
Humble Beginnings
I'm so excited my 19 year old niece just moved into her own apartment, well I asked if she was interested in hosting a show to fill her kitchen with some great products. She's learning to cook and I'm so excited for her!

I'm looking for some "cool" theme show idea, her friends coming will be between 19-25 and I want to make it as fun as possible for all of them.

I'm thinking the standard demo won't cut it here. Any ideas would be appreciate everything from food, drinks, games etc! Thank you in advance!

I am not all that creative.....but maybe get some recipes from the "cooking for 2" CB.
Maybe like a "single in the city" theme. Do an interactive show so they get comfortable and confident in their ability. If you have the Martini glasses, make drinks. (depending on drinking age) Keep it simple so they are confident and excited about learning to cook. Maybe do an easy appetizer too. Remember to keep the recipes inexpensive.
I know when I hated to cook was because I always thought everything had to be perfect. I was always afraid to make mistakes. Once I realized I could have fun with all my "kitchen tools", I just ran with it and starting having FUN!
Depending on how many guests, have each group work on a different recipe.
Maybe have a contest for best cook, most improved and worst cook. The worst cook needs to have a party to learn more. :p
I don't know if any of this sounds good, just rambling what comes to mind.
Keep us posted!

Why wouldn't a normal show work? I just did a show for my 19 year old niece and she's now joining the business. I didn't do anything different than normal.

Cooking 101... basic cooking tips and demo a simple dish that is easy to do but WOW everyone.

Whenever I have young women at my shows - they LOVE all of the tools! They have been greatly influenced by the Food Channel, and all of the TV Chefs, and they love to see the tools in action.
I've recruited several young women - I have 6 under the age of 25 on my team. I love them because they are more fearless when it comes to stepping outside of the box and going after bookings, etc....

wadesgirl said:
Why wouldn't a normal show work? I just did a show for my 19 year old niece and she's now joining the business. I didn't do anything different than normal.

Shell Northway said:
Cooking 101... basic cooking tips and demo a simple dish that is easy to do but WOW everyone.

I'm with the girls......"normal" interactive show sprinkling in basic cooking tips - demo the 30 minute chicken in the DCB in the microwave - that's a WOW no matter the age or experience of the guests. Keep in mind too, that just because your niece is just starting to learn to cook, some of her friends may already be "gurus" in the kitchen:) Showing them a good time with a great demo will lead to more shows for you; they will all want PChef's great products in their kitchen once you are done:) Good Luck!!

Cheers,
Debbie

lisasfuncooking said:
I am not all that creative.....but maybe get some recipes from the "cooking for 2" CB.
Maybe like a "single in the city" theme. Do an interactive show so they get comfortable and confident in their ability. If you have the Martini glasses, make drinks. (depending on drinking age) Keep it simple so they are confident and excited about learning to cook. Maybe do an easy appetizer too. Remember to keep the recipes inexpensive.
I know when I hated to cook was because I always thought everything had to be perfect. I was always afraid to make mistakes. Once I realized I could have fun with all my "kitchen tools", I just ran with it and starting having FUN!
Depending on how many guests, have each group work on a different recipe.
Maybe have a contest for best cook, most improved and worst cook. The worst cook needs to have a party to learn more. :p
I don't know if any of this sounds good, just rambling what comes to mind.
Keep us posted!

Lisa, these are GREAT ideas! I love the contest idea because that will really appeal to the younger crowd. Thanks for the idea!!

I had a chop off at my last party of young 20's. Someone had the Slap Chop. They had a BLAST...and so did I. They were fighting over who got to go first!! I also made the Metropolitan Martinis. They were a huge hit! That was the most fun party so far.

Is your niece living on her own or is she moving in with a mate? Is she a "stay at home and making meals every night" type person? Most young singles eat out a lot but have people over for "get togethers". Ask your niece what type of people are coming. Go for some awesome appetisers or fast and inexpensive type recipes. Ask if they are the baking types and everyone always loves a great dessert. But most importantly...keep it light and simple. Good luck!!

How about a game of Text-It! While you are running your demo have your audience keep a catalogue in front of them. As you touch, mention, or otherwise use a product, they have an opportunity to text your phone the product name and item #. After the demo, you will look at all your texts for each product and the person with the most firsts (ie first to text the correct item and product #) will win a prize. This gives you all their phone #s and gives them a reason to pay attention and not to be texting others during your demo.

Wow, sounds fun! With keeping the age group in mind, and their assumed lower income, I would demo a lot of tools also... like the ice cream dipper, garlic press, mix-n-chop, whiskers, scrappers. I also reallllly like the Sheet Pans, they are so quality and a wonderful, inexpensive product for young people just starting out.

I would do a demo with Grecian Party Squares. That's my favorite demo recipe, it uses most of the beginner kit tools.

If you demo the DCB it's only a host item now (incentive, I know) but the non-hosting person can't buy it, so I wouldn't center my demo around it. JMO!

Awesome ideas everyone!!! Thank you keep them coming party is 2 weeks away and I'm very excited!

1. What types of products can I expect to see at the "My Niece's First Apartment" show?

At the show, you can expect to see a variety of kitchen and cooking products from Pampered Chef. We offer everything from cookware and bakeware to kitchen tools and gadgets.

2. Will there be any special deals or discounts available at the show?

Yes, we often have exclusive deals and discounts at our shows. It's a great opportunity to save on some of our top-selling products and stock up on essentials for your niece's new apartment.

3. Can I bring my niece to the show with me?

Absolutely! We encourage you to bring your niece so she can see all the great products and get some ideas for her own apartment. Plus, it's a fun and interactive experience that she will enjoy.

4. Are there any demonstrations or tips for using the products at the show?

Yes, our consultants will be demonstrating how to use our products and sharing helpful tips for cooking and entertaining. It's a great way to learn more about our products and get some inspiration for using them.

5. How can I RSVP for the "My Niece's First Apartment" show?

You can RSVP for the show by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting our website and searching for the show in your area. We recommend RSVPing in advance to ensure a spot and to receive any updates or information about the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dana_jni
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • AshleyAllison