• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My first College age show...any suggestions?

Nep2nfly

Mar 13, 2010
My niece really wanted to hold a show this month, and I am happy to oblige. This will be the first show of mostly non-married (future bridal registries, right?), college age adults. Any suggestions out there from seasoned vets? I really want to make it fun and successful for her ..though I know there is the potential that it won't be a huge money making show...some of them are getting ready to set up homes, and most have just graduated...so I'm hoping to get them on the PC track. Ideas, please!

PCJenni

Veteran Member
Apr 10, 2007
recruit them!!! jobs are hard to come by and out best product is our business!

Nep2nfly

Mar 13, 2010
That's what I'm hoping to do! I know I have one possible recruit coming...

ChefKelebel

Jan 18, 2009
I would add definately encourage them to bring their Moms. They'll get lots of kitchen tips and possibly some help in buying their products.
Also, I just saw a cute cookbook coming out, it's called "1000 things to do with Raman Noodles", you could show off some of the "must have products" for a college bound student, like the micro-cookers, collapsable bowls (my nephew uses the small one as his daily cereal bowl at college:)) and stuff like that. Good luck!

gailz2

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2007
I've done two parties recently with "after college" kids at their first jobs. They seemed to love the bamboo, Simple Additions, pots and knives. Both parties, with some repeat customers, were well over $1000.

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
Treat it just like any other show. Just because of their age and social status doesn't mean they don't have their own place and like to cook!

Jul 17, 2010
#1 recommendation i have ever gotten from my director is DON"T PREJUDGE
some of my best shows have been with college-age or post-college..... they have all this "new found" money from their first "real" jobs and nothing to spend it on

cindylpal

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2006
I've done 3 shows on our local college campus....EDUCATE! They are looking for tips and ideas to make it simple! Yet honestly, don't really feel I did anything different then any other show.

Apr 6, 2010
Remember, don't set other peolpe's spending limits. We learned that at conference. Treat this show like every other show; don't go to the show thinking they don't have the money to spend. You never know what our products are worth to peolpe.

robochick84

Sep 3, 2009
You will be surprised at the audience you may or may not have!

I started purchasing PC when I was 18 and headed to college and my first apartment. Bar pans evolved around my college experiences! As I entered grad school, and didn't have roommates I started adding on larger items such as the cookware and knives.

I do not cook - I cooked even LESS when an undergrad. Plan something extremely fun and easy that will grab their attention like the lava cake! Rather cheap item but can be used for rice, veggies, and cake! However, I started as a consultant when I started my doctorate - and in result in a few months I had a BEAUTIFUL kitchen with AMAZING tools (excellent selling point for recruiting!).

On the other hand. I have friends that lived on campus their entire educational journey. Even now as professionals (22-25 years old) they REFUSE to buy a frying pan or knife that will last them a lifetime, when they can go to wal-mart and spend $30 EVERY year on junk! I have a very hard time figuring these people out!

cindylpal

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2006
I did my Ice Cream Show for the group on campus....The Frosty Latte and the Ice Cream Sandwich Cake. This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE show...everyone can enjoy, even those that CAN'T bake!!!

Attachments

• Ice Cream Show.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 400
  • Ice Cream Show Show Steps.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:

scottcooks

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2005
Congrats on a fun show! S'CREAMingly good!

TheNewMrsRue

Jul 2, 2010
Use the DCB and rice cooker to show how they can make REAL food even in the dorm!! do the chicken penne pasta with a chocolate lava cake in the rice cooker!!

Oct 7, 2009
rice cooker and the micro pots! Oh and the mix and chop! mashed potatoes in the micro is amazing!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
s.cape
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
Replies
Views