• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throwing a Spanish Speaking Show: Need Suggestions!

In summary, my coworker is having a show in a few weeks and is concerned about how to communicate with the guests. She suggests using the Spanish catalog from the changeover kit, having someone interpret, and cooking something in the cookware.
chef greta
Gold Member
One of my coworkers just told me her sister wants to have a show in a few weeks (yeah), but here's my dilemmma. Most of the guest will probably be Spanish speaking and I am not bilingual. I did a show like this last year and it was quite frustrating not being able to communicate with all the guest, especially when they had questions about the products. Anyone have any suggestions.

Also - Are there any product that you have found to go over really well in the spanish market that i need to make sure and highlght?

Thanks for any help!

I don't know if this is a posibility but is there someone who would be willing to be your interpreter??

This has happened to me a couple times, and each time, there was a guest (one the hostess) who was willing to interpret. It was frustrating, but not impossible.

I suggest using the Spanish catalog from y our changeover kit (or order a pack of them), so that the customer can read the descriptions for herself. The Spanish-language catalog is also laid out differently, to emphasize products that are used more in that culture.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

InterpreterAn interpreter would be ideal.
I also was wondering if there are DVD's in spanish from PC that you could pop in the DVD player as your demo for everyone. Then just present the recipe that is done on the DVD. Give everyone a sample and have an interpeter help with orders.

If not maybe some of our bilingual ladies would be so kind to make one for us!! I know spanish and probably enough to have a show but I am not fluent and don't know if I would forget everything during my demo. I probably could use lots of practice!!

Debbie :D

If you have your binder with the product display cards (8.5x11 on the knifes and cookware)--don't forget to turn them over to the Spanish side! Also, if I were you I'd recruit a Spanish-speaker to your team pronto!!!The garlic press is a must to demo. If you have the new boning knife, I'd highlight that. Don't let frustration get to you--have as much fun as possible!

Definitely cook something in the cookware! This is something they use daily. The new Tamale verde is a great dish. It would be a known food and they can see it in our cookware. An interpreter is a great idea. Don't forget they will probably bring their children with them. They can be a great help in interpreting too.

1. What are some popular Spanish recipes that I can make for a Spanish Speaking Show?

Some popular Spanish recipes that are great for a Spanish Speaking Show include paella, empanadas, gazpacho, tortilla española, and churros. These dishes are not only delicious, but they also showcase the unique flavors and ingredients of Spanish cuisine.

2. How can I incorporate Spanish culture into my show?

In addition to cooking Spanish dishes, you can incorporate Spanish culture into your show by playing traditional Spanish music, displaying decorations or artwork inspired by Spain, and sharing interesting facts or trivia about Spanish culture and customs.

3. Are there any Spanish ingredients or cooking tools that I should have for the show?

Some essential Spanish ingredients to have for your show include saffron, paprika, Spanish olives, chorizo, and serrano ham. As for cooking tools, a paella pan, churro maker, and mortar and pestle are commonly used in Spanish cuisine and can add a fun touch to your show.

4. Is it necessary to speak Spanish fluently to host a Spanish Speaking Show?

While it is helpful to have some knowledge of Spanish, it is not necessary to be fluent to host a Spanish Speaking Show. As long as you are enthusiastic and willing to learn, your guests will appreciate the effort you put into showcasing Spanish culture and cuisine.

5. How can I make my show interactive and engaging for my guests?

To make your show interactive and engaging, consider involving your guests in the cooking process. You can have them help with mixing, chopping, or assembling dishes, or even have a friendly cooking competition. Additionally, you can provide recipe cards or handouts for guests to take home and try making the dishes themselves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ilovpc
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Paige Dixon