• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Demo and Invite Suggestions for Bridal Show

In summary, Jenni suggests a demonstration of one recipe. She suggests printing out the bride's wish list and displaying it on a table. She also suggests using games sparingly and bringing only the necessary props.
JenniK
All,

I'm doing my first Bridal show in about three weeks and I need demo ideas. The lady that is hosting said that she has been to a PC bridal shower before and the consultant just did a few quick demos (like finished off some veggies for a veggie tray or something). Does anyone have any good ideas for this?

I have a neat way to setup the show using different display tables and the brides registry items printed out on color coded cards that the guest will pick from. So I don't want this to just be about me doing a demo. I want eveyone up, moving around, looking at products and talking to the bride.

I also need some invite tips. The ones on CC are ok - but not great. What does everyone like to use? And how do you make it clear that they are not to bring gifts - but order their gifts at the show.

Also - what are your favorite games?

Thank you all!

bumping...any ideas out there?

Hi Jenni -- I just did my first bridal shower this past weekend. At the request of the host I demo'd two recipes with the bride -- made for a long afternoon. I would highly suggest to just demo one recipe. We made the Red, White and Blue Trifle. It is very easy to make and tastes so good. We also made BBQ Chicken Sandwiches in the DCB -- everyone loved them, but adding the second demo made the afternoon longer.

I also printed off the Bride's Wish lists on color-coded index cards. I laid them on tables - but needed about 14 feet of table to lay all the cards down with a few sample products mixed in. I've got to find a more efficient way to display the wish list, not all showers will be in churches that have long tables available.

I made a bridal board too, out of a magnetic white board. Picked one up at Sam's Club for a nominal amount. Went to JoAnn's and bought cheap lace and hot glued it around the frame. Took tuling and made bows for the upper corners, got some small silk flower sprays (wedding area of Michaels), put magnets on the back and put them in the bottom corners. Took cute white/silver flowers (Martha Stewart at Michael's) attached magnets to them and distributed them around the board. Then I put the brides top 18 items on her wish list on the board. I also attached w/magnet a 1/2 sheet paper printed with the Bride and Groom's name and their wedding date. Everyone loved the board!!! I also made a veil for the bride to wear during our time together. We put it in her hair with a twixit clip. Then I made a bouquet that we could use for pictures. I emphasized that these items were my props that I use for Bridal Showers.

Host asked me to come up with a game. Probably will not do games at a shower again -- it just adds to the length of the shower and to what I bring. So I took my samples of all the new fall/winter products, put them on the cookie sheet and had the bride show them to all the guests. Then she left the room and I asked the guests what she was wearing, color of her eyes, etc. After we were done with those questions, I had them write down all the products that were on the cookie sheet, then I revealed them as the new fall products. In the end this game took too long.

I had 19 people checking out. I used one of the order forms you can find in the files where the guest can order for the bride on the top and themselves on the bottom of the form. On P3 all I did was enter their name, phone number and the products they ordered so they could pay. That took a little over an hour... I entered their addresses at home. Then I had to pack up all my stuff, which I had brought too much of.

My advice -- one recipe demo, stay away from games, find an efficient way to check out and only bring the items you'll need for the demo. And if you're shower is at a church find out if it will be held on the main floor or down a level. Ask if there is an elevator -- there wasn't where I was and we lugged a lot up and down those steps. I had terrific help from the guests and families though.

As for order form and invitation ideas pm me and I can email you the one's I used. The host used the Bridal Invitations found on the supply order form. Then I printed off one that she could post at her church.

I hope this helps.

I've done bridal showers now for almost 10 years. Any main dish salad will be a hit. they usually want to do their own cake. Let them. I have the apron available for signature. But I do one fun game that takes a few minutes. I have the bride walk around the room carrying a tray of a bunch of little tools--citrus peeler, zester, about 10-12 different tools. She is wearing her apron. I tell everyone "observe ________ (bride name) carefully." Of course everyone thinks it's the age old memory game, and they stare intently at the tray (any SA platter or tray will do). Then I ask the bride to leave the room. And I ask things like "ok, what color earrings was _____ wearing?" What color is her Dress (or blouse, or whatever)?" Were her toes polished? What color is her nail polish? What color is her lipstick?" It's hilarious because it's not what anyone is expecting.

I don't do a bridal board. I am much too lazy and don't want to schlep that thing around, LOL. I have three small baskets, tied with bridal tule, each one labeled with a different dollar amount: "gifts under $20", "gifts under 40" and "gifts $40 and above". I have her wish list items on cards separated into each of the baskets by dollar amount. I have the hostess provide me with a table by the front door with fresh flowers and a picture of the happy couple. I put the apron on the table, with markers (sharpies) and the 3 baskets. I have one sign that says "please sign _____'s apron as a momento of today", and another sign that says "these are items that _______ would love to have for her kitchen. Please pick an item from the appropriate basket so that she does not get any duplicates". I find that people love this because it is fairly discreet. then during the demo I explain to them that they can help ________ furnish her kitchen 2 ways: one of course is to purchase the items she has registered for from the baskets. The other way is to purchase items for their own kitchen, which then adds to her free product total. I ask them to bring the cards to me with their order. then I make sure the item is listed on the order form (I circle it so we know which is for the bride and which is for themselves).

it's pretty easy and efficient. My bridal showers usually turn out to be at least $800-$1000 shows. And I'm not storing a bridal board and hauling it around to get dinged up in my car.

I put a list on a clip board of the the items the bride has chosen and send it around the room for people to cross off what they are buying.

I use the invitations that are available on supply order. They look nice, have the recipe card attached, and state the purpose of the shower.

I don't do a board either. I've given everyone the brides wishlist, and let them choose, and then had a master list I cross off from - but I like Linda's idea even better about passing around the clipboard.
Like Nanisu - I don't want to be storing, or schlepping around a big board, or a bunch of flowers w/ wishlist products on them - plus, if you start that, you are having to be continually updating because of price increases/discontinued/restyled products. Who needs that extra work?

Oh - and this is the order form I use for Bridal Showers:

Attachments

• bridal shower order form-2.doc
    51.5 KB · Views: 784
wow, Becky is this cool. thanks a bunch!!!

My first Bridal show is this weekend and I'm so excited. :D I did something a little different for the registry. I used an idea someone posted on here and modified. Each item the bride has registered for is on a laminated card that includes a picture, product number, and product name. I have used a dry erase marker to put the prices on so I can update them if they change and so I can wipe the price off before I let the Bride opens her gifts. The cards are color coded and I have put them in a terra cotta pot w/ some fake flowers and moss. I think it looks so cute -but not too cutsie! :thumbup: I know its much more work than required, but its for my sister-in-law and I want it to be perfect. :p

Once the guests "pick" their products to purchase for the Bride, they will bring them to me, I'll note what they purchased (to be used later for thank you notes) and put the cards into a bag. I'm also providing notecards so the buying guest can write a note to the bride. The bride will open the gifts towards the end of the show.

Since I think this will be a fairly large bridal shower (invited 78 people!), I am not going to demo much because I don't believe I'll be able to hold the attention of that many people and it's going to be outside around the pool. I'm just going to finish off some of the mini-carrot cakes (cake part precooked) and maybe make some salsa.

And thanks to Chef Becky :chef: - I printed out the order forms she posted so I could note what the bride gets and to allow the guests to write down their orders. I also used the Apron idea - it will be at the entry table along with catalogs w/ order forms in them, and a welcome note to the guests (in a plastic picture frame).

After all my asking around - I ended up printing my own invite. I did two per page on blue cardstock. It was extremely affordable after our discount at Office Depot.

Thank you all for your great ideas. Hopefully everything will go great and not be too crazy!

Attachments

• registryflowerpot1.jpg
    registryflowerpot1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 725
  • registryflowerpotall.jpg
    registryflowerpotall.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 592
  • bridal invite for cspdf.pdf
    254.6 KB · Views: 668
very fun! It's good you don't have prices, you could reuse the cards later even if prices change!

Hey, Jenni, I have a Wedding Shower today. I decided to provide a bride cake for the show. I think it turned out nice.
BrideCake001.jpg

That cake is amazing! What did you do for the frosting/dress? Fondant? Did you make it or buy it? I was thinking about doing one for a Bachlorette party in a couple weeks. Also - where did you get the doll? Just a craft store or is a Barbie type doll?

My Bridal shower turned out really well! Everyone loved the pots and the Bride got lots of free stuff. Overall, I think the show will be around $1500!

Thanks for all the great ideas!

I love the bride cake! Looks very professional!

how did you get the cards to stand up? I tried to use floral wire and the styrofoam but it doesn't work very well. I really want to do the terra cota pot idea though.

Thank you thank you thank you! I have my first bridal shower in 2 weeks and I have no idea what to do! This is great!

I have my first Wedding Shower next weekend and I wanted to post the Flower Pots I made for their wishlist items!! Thanks the JenniK for the idea!!!

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 552
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 446
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 425
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 419

1. How can I make my bridal show demo stand out?

One of the best ways to make your demo stand out is to offer a unique and interactive experience for attendees. Consider incorporating hands-on activities or offering a special deal or discount for those who purchase at the show.

2. What types of products should I showcase at a bridal show?

It's a good idea to showcase a variety of products that are popular for weddings, such as kitchen tools, cookware, and baking supplies. You may also want to highlight items that are great for couples who love to cook together or for hosting dinner parties.

3. How can I encourage attendees to book a party or join my team?

A great way to encourage attendees to book a party or join your team is to offer special incentives or rewards for doing so. You could also have a sign-up sheet available for those who are interested or offer a special discount for booking a party at the bridal show.

4. Do you have any tips for creating an attractive and inviting display at a bridal show?

Yes, it's important to have a visually appealing and organized display to attract potential customers. Consider using colorful tablecloths, eye-catching signage, and arranging products in an aesthetically pleasing way. You may also want to have samples or demos available for attendees to try.

5. How can I effectively promote my Pampered Chef business at a bridal show?

One effective way to promote your business is to have business cards or flyers available for attendees to take with them. You could also offer a raffle or giveaway for a popular Pampered Chef product to draw people to your booth. Additionally, engaging with attendees and providing great customer service can leave a lasting impression and lead to future business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mgranich
  • PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • kayleigh