• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Show Ideas: Tips and Tricks for Keeping Your Audience Entertained

In summary, John keeps his shows entertaining by joking around, playing games, and letting the guests chat. He has a high hit ratio with bookings and recruits because he is good at what he does and his hosts are interested in what he has to say.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
So, what do you consistently do at your shows to keep them FUN!

If it is a certain game, tell us..

If it is your personality, and certain 'one-liners' or an atmosphere you create at the show, share with us..

I love keeping my shows fun and hope to learn more fun ideas from everyone else

I would love to know what others do to....for some reason my shows are becoming a little boring! I think....

my guests always chuckle when I refer to our scraper collection as "the baywatch babes" -- silicone on the top & sticks on the bottom.

boring is in the eye of the beholder.
when i think my show was boring, i'll have someone say how much fun they had...and it reminds me that I see my show EACH time, but it's new to them.

I think joking around...playing a game...letting them chat...all contributes to the fun they are having.

Teach them something they didn't know

when i'm nervous, i crack jokes, so that's how i bring fun into the shows. i also prep 25-50% of the recipe ahead of time, so the guests use the tools but aren't doing a lot of grunt work. i still have not found a way to be light and humorous about booking or joining the biz.

Well, I don't do shows any more.But I have great success with coffee clutches and get togethers. I was asked to talk about what I am doing as a hands on show. I have been doing those for a very long time, about 4 years now, but I stopped. What I do now is simply walk into my hosts home. I set up a display of a few items. If there are more than 10 or 12 - I am not doing it right. I take all the items I need for two recipes. One is always a trifle. (Yeah, I know it seems like I am pushing the booklette but I really do use it at every party because they are easy, I never have to make them.) I start right at the appointed hour. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Each guest comes in, gets a drawing ticket, catalog, order form and a pen. I check my watch, do a drawing for the early bids of free S&H on their order. I thank my host, point out the guest special, ask them to totaly fill out the order from. (Contact info too!), and mention just a little about the host bonus. Then I tell them about the recipes we are doing and I am done. 15 minutes tops. Then I ask for help in the kitchen. I always do ask who does NOT think they can make a beautiful dessert in minutes? I usually get a couple of hands, They make the trifle. Then I ask who wants to know more about a really easy dinner recipe. More hands and they help with the main course. I change that up of course if I am doing dips or whatever. While I am "cooking" all the guests are chatting or what ever. I have yet to come in under $550 in sales from these parties. I hit them up about hosting and becoming a consultant at checkout only. It's supposed to be fun. It is for them. It is for me too as I do NOT have to perform for them. I just act like one of them and we have a good time.

john - sounds like you have a proram that works for you and your hosts/guests. what's your hit ratio with bookings and recruits?

John, quick question. When you ask for volunteers for the recipes, are you going into a different room typically? If so, the ones that don't come along don't get into the "conversation" about the tools and such while you are making the recipes? I'm new and I'm trying to find the style that would work best with my personality and such. I love this board because there is so much to learn from each and every one of the members here. :)

I try to keep my shows entertaining with jokes and funny statements - I also let the "dizzy" side of me show as well -

First giggle I always get is " We accept cash, check, mastercard, visa, amex, discover and something I like to call happy hubby - which is a little of each and he doesnt' know exactly how much you spent -" Gets a giggle and keeps the attention...

AnswersWell, I have been lucky enough to keep my hosts interested during my host coaching so I have averaged about 10 people per show and usually about 5 outside orders. Most of these shows have come in around $700 is sales. If I only get a few people into the kitchen, we do talk about the products we are using. I also interject stuff on a more personal level. All work and no play sort of thing. I do not want them to feel left out about what is going on in the other room. The products sell themselves out side the kitchen. In most cases I can usually hear what is being talked about in the other room. Most guests sell each other on products. I have actually been getting more orders over the $60 mark with this concept. Now here is why I say lucky. I do not control the flow, I do not control the conversation in any way. That is what makes this different. It totally goes against everything we have been taught. Now as far as recruiting goes. When I do a review persons order with them, I enter most of them into my laptop as they are eating, that is when I ask them the three biggies. How did you like the party? Have you ever seen a job that is any easier to do? Would you be interested in more information about doing what I do? I have two people in the winds right now that I am working with. They are both waiting until July. The reason, one is getting married the end of June and the other is her maid of honor. The one thing I do not want to do is push them, they may think you have to be pushy in this business and that is NOT the side I want to show them before they sign. Then I ask about booking. Usually three out of 10 will say yes. Now, pinning them down after ward seems to be in issue for me right now. I keep getting answering machines and no answers so... But that does not mean I don't keep trying. Then I go over their orders and suggest ad ons for the things they already ordered. In about 25% of guests, I can usually add one more item to their list. I have been successful with this especially on orders close to the $60 mark when we offer freebies.
I will say here that it is NOT fool proof by any means. I have a host that is about to close her party. There were 6 people there including the man of the house where the party was held. (He spent over $70 by the way. His wife does parties for me too and this is the first time Joe stuck around.) She is sitting just over $400. She does have more outside orders coming though so she will still hit over $500. The problem here is that I could not for the life of me get her excited about doing the party. However, it was not me. I knew going into this that it was going to be a challenge as she just changed jobs, she lost income because of the job change and she is working through a budget change. A lot on her plate at the same time. So outside forces were working against me. The thing that worked in my favor here was the word FREE. That seemed to spark her interest and keep it. But not enough to make for a great party. If all the people she invited had come or even ordered, she would have easily hit over $800. I could NOT get her to follow up on the invites.
To sum it up, it is working for me more so sales wise and booking wise. Recruiting has never been a strong point for me. One issue is that everyone I ask LOVES being hosts and not consultants. But what do you do?
One big thing here, you may have noticed something. I get to know my hosts very well. I have details about my hosts that help me do my job. How many of you would know or even think to find out how Kathy Host is doing. In her private life? No matter what my PC business becomes, almost every host I do have is on show # 5 or 6. I am invited to that wedding in June. I know my last shows daughter loves riding horses and is a good student. I know Joe's weak point is his grill! Do you know those kind of details about your hosts? That is what has made a big difference for me. Personal is wonderful!

Last edited:
I do planned "commercials" about booking and recruiting
I have a "negativity cop" and two "cheerleaders"

The above ideas are from Julie Weiss (sp?) and her Amazing Party Experience.

I am not the "funny" girl, so this adds humor and lightness to my shows without me being fake and pretending to be funny. Takes the pressure off of me!

I'm just my own goofy self. I tend to be sort of funny.* This makes my shows fun.Not that anyone cares, but my baby boy lives far away, so I don't get to do our shtick anymore:

You're funny. Then again, looks are everything.

Yeah, that's what they tell the ugly kids.
That's why they always tell it to me.

Had to tell a funny: I'm an elementary teacher. After a long week with conferences, I ended my week with a Friday night interactive show. When the food went in the oven I said to the ladies:, "Okay now let's all go sit on the carpet!"

I guess I had a long week. They all laughed. I then talked about the business. "I joined PC to have adult conversation. I guess I need more. When you host your show with me, it will give me that adult conversation."

When discussing knives I tell them,

"These knives are really sharp, so if you are going to cut yourself, use one of these. Clean cuts need fewer stitches. Now, if you want to sit in the ER for a long time while they stitch a cut from a dull knife, be my guest. I prefer the quick stitch jobs!"

Gets a laugh every time!

Related to Fun Show Ideas: Tips and Tricks for Keeping Your Audience Entertained

1. How can we keep the energy level high during a Pampered Chef show?

One way to keep the energy level high during a Pampered Chef show is to engage the guests in interactive activities, such as playing games or hosting a cooking competition. Another way is to incorporate music and dancing into the show to keep the atmosphere lively.

2. What are some creative ways to make the show more fun and engaging?

You can make the show more fun and engaging by involving the guests in the cooking process, such as having them help prepare a dish or demonstrating a kitchen tool. You can also incorporate storytelling or jokes to keep the audience entertained.

3. How can we encourage guests to participate during the show?

One way to encourage guests to participate is by offering incentives, such as a free gift or discount, for those who participate in activities or share their own cooking tips. Another way is to make the show interactive and ask guests questions throughout.

4. What are some tips for keeping the show fun and entertaining for all ages?

To keep the show fun and entertaining for all ages, make sure to include a variety of activities that appeal to different age groups. You can also have guests work in teams or pairs to create a sense of camaraderie and friendly competition.

5. How can we incorporate product demonstrations into the show without making it feel like a sales pitch?

Instead of simply demonstrating the product, try incorporating it into a recipe or cooking demonstration to show its practical use. You can also ask for volunteers to come up and try out the product themselves, making it a more personal and engaging experience for the guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • StephsKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
Replies