• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Make Your Show Stand Out and Keep People Entertained?

I tell the story of how my husband (who is NOT a huge cheese fan) said "no way is that going in my mouth" and how I tricked him by making a cheese ball out of cheese and bread and putting it in his food processor-he was so surprised and ate it and LOVED it!2. I also make jokes about the products I am using-like when I am using the food chopper and I say "you can tell Mom's mood by the size of the food" or when I am using the slicer and I say "I'm like a vegan butcher, I can slice anything!"3. I also get the audience involved by asking them what their favorite products are, what they would love
dannyzmom
Gold Member
List three things you do to make you show fun...like one-liners you use, ways you keep people's attention, ways you make your show different from everyone else's....

Here are some things I do...
-I recently started offering themes...DH, GA, PJ party etc
- I try to keep the audience involved (ie, have them com eup & mix, shop, grate etc)
- crack silly jokes and laugh at myself when I screw up

I'm a little dry at this but I...
1. Try to give good food tips (but I need more!)
2. Sometimes play a game....
3. I don't do anything else!!!!!!!!!! I need help!P.S. Carolyn, thanks for starting this thread! :)

I dont really do anything so I know I definitly need help.

I joke around a lot, there's the stock one-liners about how you know Mom's mood by the size of the food (with the food chopper) and stuff like that. I am constantly flinging food around. I ask for other people's mishaps. I don't know, I guess I just try to have fun and hope they have fun too! Lead by example!

I was just reading another of Carolyn's posts, and I, too, don't get snippy if they're chatting. There are a few things that I make a big production of, but I am not there to be a teacher and rap their knuckles with a ruler or anything! They're there for food and most importantly FUN! They will talk amongst themselves about the products...

I try to relax as much as possible so I have fun too. I play Deal or No Deal and if I mess up I use the "pampered, not perfect" line. I am pretty introverted (sp?) in my daily life and love to transform into the life of the party at my shows!

HmmmmWell now that I am thinking about it here are some things I try to do:

1. Play games and have fun!! Enthusiasm is contagious!!

2. I try to be funny when I am doing my demo. I use funny stories, or I just try to make a joke about a certain product I am using.

3. I also get the audience involved by asking them what their favorite products are, what they would love to buy tonight if money were no object (and they can't say the whole catalog since I want them to be specific), and have them come up to use the tools as well.

Debbie :D

I played the Queen of the Shopper's game and everyone loved it and really got guests flipping thru the pages too :)

Then everyone got to come up and play with the tools, chop, grate, etc.

liz

lots of pink stars...
dannyzmom said:
List three things you do to make you show fun...like one-liners you use, ways you keep people's attention, ways you make your show different from everyone else's....

I also noticed Bethcooks4u had her pink star too.

congrats!

Here are a few I do:

1. Give practical tips on what I actually use the products for.

2. Play at least 1-2 games or something that is interactive.

3. Ask guest to let everyone who what their fave. product is and why?

4. Can't think of anymore...

i haven't really done anything except ask everyone what their fave product is. starting this month i will play deal or no deal.

:D Great Thread Carolyn!:D

1. I go around the room and have people introduce themself, what their favorite product is and why. That product cannot be repeated!!!

2. Play games! People LOVE free stuff!:D :D

3. I also have the guests get involved.

1. I have the guests tell their fave product & what they use it for.

2. I sprinkle quick tips throughout the show.

3. I laugh at myself when I mess up, & say that I'm pampered-not perfect.

I have everyone introduce themself and say their favorite product....and, like Kristi, I don't allow repeats. I tell them that if someone else names their favorite then "Oh, so sorry, it's no longer your favorite and you have to pick a new favorite" (usually gets a laugh).

I also play Have it-Love it/Love it Want it/Got a Question throughout the entire show and give tickets for playing. I tell them that if they have it or want it they have to be the first to say so and tell everyone why. Their question can be about the prodict, the recipe, hosting a show, or about me and my PC biz......basically anytime they speak they will get a ticket! The more they speak-up the more tickets they will get abd the better their chances are for winning! At the end of the show I draw a ticket for a door prize.

Sometimes I tell funny stories about my products too.

1) when I am about to demonstrate the cheese grater I pretend to grate chocolate in my mouth ... for those days of the month that we just can't seem to get enough chocolate.

2) When I accidentally drop food ... here kitty kitty kitty

3) Do you ever have more month than money?

I start the demo by telling them that it is just like having the food network live in their kitchen... except when I screw up, I can't cut to commercial. They usually love this!

Let's see....

I throw candy for Good Questions asked, Good Tips given, and when someone laughs at my jokes. But I tell them to watch closely, because I throw like a girl!:D

I have started this month, having everyone introduce themselves, and then say one nice thing about the host.

I make alot of jokes (nothing really set in stone, just whatever seems to come up) and tease with the guests alot.....I have the guests wear nametags, so I remember their names, and can call them by their names during the show.

I have everyone go around the room and tell their favorite product - with these rules: 1. no repeats, 2. Can't use the mini-spatula, the citrus peeler, or the quickut knife as your favorite - because we know those are everyones favorites already!

This is a SUPER thread.. .thanks for starting it!
1. Ask what 2 PC products you would choose if you had a brand new, empty kitchen.
2. Ask for crazy, unique uses guests have for PC products (like a husband stole a wifes whisk to stir his paint)
3. Make sure they are interacting with one another and just keep moving along at a pace that matches theirs... mostly ;)

RachelNguyen said:
I start the demo by telling them that it is just like having the food network live in their kitchen... except when I screw up, I can't cut to commercial. They usually love this!

Love that quote Rachel! I'll have to borrow it!

I am so glad Carolyn started this thread, after my last show last weekend I was telling my husband that I needed a way to make my shows more fun!

1. I try to involve the guests and let them use the products, not just "handle" them. Sometimes I'll even jump in an empty seat while they are trying it out and rattle off the next step of the recipe........."See my job is easy, I get others to do the work for me"

2. Make fun of kitchen gadgets that I still have and am trying to replace - I've even brought some to a show to let the guests see how pathetic my pre-PC stuff was....rusted veggie peeler, pie pans, broken wooden spoons (still use to reach things in top cabinets!)

3. Try some games...left to right, like it love it

1. Tell odd stories from my life or the lives of my friends. Example: I was doing a show and my aunt was there. When I talked about the scrapers, I mentioned that they are heat safe, which means you can cook with them and they won't melt. My aunt said, "Now, Rae Michelle [that's what my family calls me], you say they won't melt. But, when Shielia's house burned down, hers melted." Yes, in the 1200 degrees of a house fire, all of your PC stuff will be gone. However, they are heat safe to 650 degrees. Plenty for any of the cooking you'll be doing.

2. Toss Hershey Kisses during the "Have it! Love it! Got a Question!" game. Chocolate makes EVERYTHING more fun.

3. I now appoint a cheerleader and a negativity cop. The cheerleader (armed with a pom pom) cheers every time I say something brilliant :D . The negativity cop is armed with a police car, complete with siren.

PampMomof3 said:
:D Great Thread Carolyn!:D

1. I go around the room and have people introduce themself, what their favorite product is and why. That product cannot be repeated!!!

I love this idea, I usually just ask what's their rav and why. From now on no more repeats hehehe

pamperedlinda said:
I have everyone introduce themself and say their favorite product....and, like Kristi, I don't allow repeats. I tell them that if someone else names their favorite then "Oh, so sorry, it's no longer your favorite and you have to pick a new favorite" (usually gets a laugh).

I also play Have it-Love it/Love it Want it/Got a Question throughout the entire show and give tickets for playing. I tell them that if they have it or want it they have to be the first to say so and tell everyone why. Their question can be about the prodict, the recipe, hosting a show, or about me and my PC biz......basically anytime they speak they will get a ticket! The more they speak-up the more tickets they will get abd the better their chances are for winning! At the end of the show I draw a ticket for a door prize.

How do you pass the tickets out? I've been wanting to do tickets, but didnt know how to pass them out. Thanks

I was having issues with this as well (handing out the tickets). I think I have a solution though! Get the host involved, Make it her job to hand out the tickets. Chances are she has heard your demo once or twice so if she doesn't hear everything it's no big deal.

I seem to have the best luck just being myself. I try to be as knowledgeable about the products as I can. Ialso make fun of myself and tell funny stories I hear from friends family & customers!

I have gotten lots of compliments lately who have done shows with other cons as to how fun and relaxed my show was. I just say thank you and think "well you must not have see some of that galls in my Hosp. group, they crack me up"!

Last edited:
pamperedlinda said:

I like the have it-love it idea! The "what is your favorite piece and why" has been used SOOOOO much in my area, that although good, I need to change it up so there is variety with repeat customers AND I don't look like I'm just "copying" my recruiter...

Yeah I do the tickets, and I totally pick someone to be Ticket Person. But to make things fun, I am constantly making fun of myself. Calling myself messing. Telling everyone..how I do audits, and count numbers, and organize and now I wear and apron and stand at the door and wait for the Fed Ex Man....and they laugh and laugh. They are like, but you are sooooo good at this, I am like nooooooooooo, it's an act, I like getting free stuff, so I am make myself good at it....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....and they laugh again...hahahahaha

raebates said:
1. Tell odd stories from my life or the lives of my friends. Example: I was doing a show and my aunt was there. When I talked about the scrapers, I mentioned that they are heat safe, which means you can cook with them and they won't melt. My aunt said, "Now, Rae Michelle [that's what my family calls me], you say they won't melt. But, when Shielia's house burned down, hers melted." Yes, in the 1200 degrees of a house fire, all of your PC stuff will be gone. However, they are heat safe to 650 degrees. Plenty for any of the cooking you'll be doing.

2. Toss Hershey Kisses during the "Have it! Love it! Got a Question!" game. Chocolate makes EVERYTHING more fun.

3. I now appoint a cheerleader and a negativity cop. The cheerleader (armed with a pom pom) cheers every time I say something brilliant :D . The negativity cop is armed with a police car, complete with siren.

Rae, I think I know why, but when would the negativity cop use the siren?

During a demo I noticed that I was explaining the silicone handles, the silicone whisks and now the silicone floral cupcake pan. Which led me to a line...Silicone, it's not just for breasts anymore!
Of course you have to be careful of your crowd.
I usually end up teasing one or two guests that likes to banter back and forth. At the last show, they teased the hostess because she had her coffee maker in a box (she has one for when company visits because no one drinks it in her family) She was teased to get it out so they could try the coffee (I still am so bummed that it's discontinued...and I don't even drink coffee!!). Then they were teasing her because she had no coffee filters and I suggested that she use a paper towel. The hostess was thrilled that I told her that. It was like the best nugget of information I could have shared!

I am enjoying what I am reading here because I would like to try some new things for repeat customers especially. Thank you, Carolyn!:)

Ann

I heard at one of our clustor meetings about the 'Pampered Chef Baywatch Line' which consists of scrapers and silcone whisks...."They are Silicone on top and Skinny on the bottom". I have used it a couple times and it always gets a laugh!!

During the show that my director did for me she did the 'love it/got it' and the tickets for questions about her business. She gave 2 shows that she had booked at my party! And one of those girls ended up signing up under me!! :eek:

baychef said:
Rae, I think I know why, but when would the negativity cop use the siren?

Any time someone says anything negative. I've had "cops" hit the siren (or horn before I found the car) for the following statements:

I have the Longaberger bowls, and I hate them. They're too heavy. [As I talked about our stainless steel bowls]

Because they break easy? [When I asked if anyone knew why we give away almost as many choppers as we sell.]

I have that, and I never use it. [Can't remember the product, but I remember the woman arguing that it wasn't negative--she didn't put it down, she just never remembered to use it. I think it was one of the little gadgets.]

I deffiently need some help in this area too!!!! I dont' relaly do anything either...

I am a new consultant to Chef Success, I am not fimilar with the Star CS member. What does it mean? Also what do the different color stars indicate?
Thanks for any replies.

GREAT RESPONSES EVERYBODY:D :D Give yourselves a hand...

I love to use humor whenever possible. I have a new nick-name with a "group" of ladies that have shows for me - my new name: "HOOT" - because they say I am a hoot to have at their shows - what a GREAT compliment.... Why? They are having fun.

I like to tell stories - like this one:

I choose not to have cable television - so when my hubby and I go somewhere overnight (requiring hotel accommodations) I ask if they have the food network (that always gets a laugh) - so tonight you can pretend I am Rachel Rae - minus the cleavage....
OR
How many of you here know how to make hockey pucks? - OH sorry - you might refer to them as bisquits... (good intro to stoneware)
OR
OK - I need all of your help - who here is the loudest - most obnoxious person? (everyone always pints to somone) WOW! So am I - here's a little gift for ya (Quikut knife) [that gets at LEAST that one person interested in what I am doing - the rest usually follow....]

You get the idea....imagine yourself at the last party/show you were at...did you have fun? Were you entertained? Were you bored out of your mind and just wanted out of there? Why? You have to find your style and blend it with the crowd...

I too love throwing chocolates.....who doesn't like getting some!!!:eek:

I also ask at the end of my demo/when food is ready to eat (right after I have given them 60 seconds to ask as many questions as possible about my business - and I am throwing as much chocolate as possible) who has the most chocolate pieces??? OK ...OK...NOW who has the most wrappers? (Give them a prize too) WOW!! "We better eat!! (laughter)

KEY WORDS here --- laughter, entertainment, fun and food.... GREAT RECIPE!!

My last host told me my demo was more like a Magic Show than a cooking show.... (Warm Hazelnut Cake in micro)...

Sorry to be so long winded.... somebody put a fork in me!!

raebates said:
Any time someone says anything negative. I've had "cops" hit the siren (or horn before I found the car) for the following statements:

I have the Longaberger bowls, and I hate them. They're too heavy. [As I talked about our stainless steel bowls]

Because they break easy? [When I asked if anyone knew why we give away almost as many choppers as we sell.]

I have that, and I never use it. [Can't remember the product, but I remember the woman arguing that it wasn't negative--she didn't put it down, she just never remembered to use it. I think it was one of the little gadgets.]

I sometimes ask them to mention products they have but don't use or don't like. It's usually because no one has told them how to use it or they're using it wrong. They are glad they mentioned it and others see how reliable our products are since hardly anyone responds. I think they appreciate my honesty to help people use their products and get their money's worth.

DizziePixie said:
I sometimes ask them to mention products they have but don't use or don't like. It's usually because no one has told them how to use it or they're using it wrong. They are glad they mentioned it and others see how reliable our products are since hardly anyone responds. I think they appreciate my honesty to help people use their products and get their money's worth.

I agree. Most of the people who tell me they don't care for an item discover that they are using it wrong or had unrealistic expectations to begin with. (I remember someone complaining that the old boil control didn't stop her stuff from boiling over. It wasn't supposed to. It was just to alert you when the boiling began.)

The negativity cop is great for lightening the mood. However, I always encourage people to tell me more when they mention that they don't like or don't use an item. When I explain that it's a "no negativity zone," I go on to say that if they have an item they are having a difficulty with, I want to know. I may be able to help.

Gina (aka HOOT!) I love your humor! I am going to steal some of you material!! And hopefully gain some of your energy in your party!!
I have learned that on my way to a party, that I need to gear up. No matter what is going on, once I knock on that host's door...the show is on! That means bubbly (not fake or irritatingly bubbly) from the word hello!
That sets the pace. As I am setting up, if I see the host is stressing for some reason, I either help out by verbally coaching her or offer to help her when I am done setting up. Her frame of mine helps set the tone of the party too. She will work harder at getting those last outside orders! I am genuine in my mannerism because I make a huge effort to put all of my "things that bother me" aside. It is like going on stage.
Anyway...I hope I can be more like HOOT!!:)
Ann

I tried a new thing at my last party that went over really well and was alot of fun. I bought an "easy" button (staples $4.99) and put it in the middle of the room beside a basket filled with plastic easter eggs. the eggs had chocolates,toys and prizes. some of the prizes i used were % off todays order, free shipping today and book and close by X date (according to my goals for incentive and such) and i'll bring the ingredients. they get an egg every time they hit the easy button and tell me an easy tip about a product,whether it's easy to use,clean or whatever. they seemed to have alot of fun. i am thinking of offering a gift next time for the person with the most eggs at the end of the show. but it kept everyone paying attention and interacting. it was something away from the norm.

Love the Easy Button idea--got to get one!

Gingercooks4u said:
I am a new consultant to Chef Success, I am not fimilar with the Star CS member. What does it mean? Also what do the different color stars indicate?
Thanks for any replies.

Welcome Ginger to Chef Success! I guess your reply got lost in this wonderful thread--happens very easily.

A Star CS Member is one who has posted over 750 threads, a filled in one like mine is over 1500 threads and I forget what the number is the pink ones are.

Love this idea, did you have problems with guests trying to run eachother over getting to the button?

I have a show the end of the month I'd love to try this at, but worried they'll run each other over. They're friends of mine and they can get quite into the game.

I've stopped doing games. I do'nt know if it's because I'm not fun, but my guests NEVER get into it. I had some guests actually complain and say they just wanted to shop - so I cut the game short.I don't even ask anyone to try the products. If someone seems interested, I'll ask them specifically to come up and try, but I don't throw it out there to everyone anymore - whenever I do that, I get a bunch of blank stares and the room goes silent...

This is a great thread!I'm just myself at my shows-- dorky, but still knowledgeable and trustworthy. I think that if I let people know that they can have fun with me, but that I am also a businesswoman that knows my stuff, it creates more long-term customers.I am LOVING the Easy Button. I must get one!

I am no longer new to PC (1 year's experience) but I have found that almost everyone at my shows knows everything! I'm not sure if I'm not studying enough or what, but they seem to know more than me. Should i just go with the love it/have it game and let them tell me about the products?

Unfortunately I have not done very many shows and I can't call myself much of a salesperson and I'm fairly shy lol. Don't know how I got into this... Oh yea... the rockin' products! But any other tips for me being shy and "freezing" at my shows would be extremely helpful! Thanks everyone! Love the thread too!

raebates said:
I agree. Most of the people who tell me they don't care for an item discover that they are using it wrong or had unrealistic expectations to begin with. (I remember someone complaining that the old boil control didn't stop her stuff from boiling over. It wasn't supposed to. It was just to alert you when the boiling began.)

The negativity cop is great for lightening the mood. However, I always encourage people to tell me more when they mention that they don't like or don't use an item. When I explain that it's a "no negativity zone," I go on to say that if they have an item they are having a difficulty with, I want to know. I may be able to help.

I can't believe how many years went by before I used my can opener!! I bought it at a show and by the time I got it I forgot how to use it and just put it in my drawer. You would not believe how excited I got when I went to another party and saw it being used--I begged to be the one to try it out so I could start using mine at home. Now I use it all of the time and don't use my electric can opener!

Yeah, I've been know to go to a customer's home to teach her how to use it. I often say that it's many people's most hated, then most loved product.

Needless to say I am a firm believer on finding out why someone doesn't use or like a product that they bought. Could very well be that they need help with it. Makes a satisfied customer most of the time when you can solve the problem!

yup, I had a guest at a show (was very new then) that complained how hard the measure all was to use. If I knew then that all she had to was use it to loosen it up I might have sold some.

I do pretty much the same thing but I do something really fun I got from conference last year during the Have it-Love it-Want it....I start with asking them "who has ever wanted to throw a knife at someone? I toss a quik-cut paring knife (still wrapped up of course!!!!)...to the first person to ask a question or comment and they in turn have to toss it to the next person to ask a question. It just keeps going and can get hilarious just watching a bunch of women fighting over a $1 knife! At the end of my demo - whoever has it keeps the knife. What I usually do is set a timer for 30-45 minutes depending on the demo. Lately I have revised it and do this at the END of the demo - I give them 3 minutes to ask me any question they can think of on the PC Business and the Business ONLY. The knife gets tossed.

Instead of asking them "what is their favorite PC Product"...my Director always asks "What is your name and what would you do with an extra $400 a month"...instead of going around the room at the beginning, she "sprinkles" introductions through out the demo which is a great way to kill those seconds when you can't think of anything to say! Great for planting that recruiting seed!

ooooo I like this idea, come on ladies you know Im not the only one who hs wanted to throw a knife at someone.

So do you throw the knife to thr 1st person who says yes to that question to start the game off?

<H2>1. How can you make your show stand out from others?</H2><p>One way to make your show stand out is to incorporate interactive elements, such as games or demonstrations, that engage the audience and keep them entertained. Another way is to personalize the show by including personal stories or experiences that relate to the products. Lastly, incorporating unique and creative displays for the products can also make your show stand out.</p><H2>2. What are some one-liners you use to keep the audience engaged?</H2><p>One-liners can be a great way to keep the audience entertained and engaged. For example, you can use humor to break the ice and keep the mood light. You can also use catchy phrases or slogans that relate to the products or the theme of the show. Lastly, asking thought-provoking questions can also keep the audience engaged and interested in the products.</p><H2>3. How do you keep people's attention during the entire show?</H2><p>One effective way to keep people's attention is to vary the pace and format of the show. For example, mix up product demonstrations with fun games or interactive activities. Additionally, incorporating audience participation and giving them a chance to try out the products themselves can also keep their attention. Lastly, keeping the show organized and on schedule can prevent the audience from getting bored or losing interest.</p>

Related to How Can You Make Your Show Stand Out and Keep People Entertained?

1. How can you make your show stand out from others?

One way to make your show stand out is to incorporate interactive elements, such as games or demonstrations, that engage the audience and keep them entertained. Another way is to personalize the show by including personal stories or experiences that relate to the products. Lastly, incorporating unique and creative displays for the products can also make your show stand out.

2. What are some one-liners you use to keep the audience engaged?

One-liners can be a great way to keep the audience entertained and engaged. For example, you can use humor to break the ice and keep the mood light. You can also use catchy phrases or slogans that relate to the products or the theme of the show. Lastly, asking thought-provoking questions can also keep the audience engaged and interested in the products.

3. How do you keep people's attention during the entire show?

One effective way to keep people's attention is to vary the pace and format of the show. For example, mix up product demonstrations with fun games or interactive activities. Additionally, incorporating audience participation and giving them a chance to try out the products themselves can also keep their attention. Lastly, keeping the show organized and on schedule can prevent the audience from getting bored or losing interest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankeeinontario
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies