• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Make Your Show Stand Out and Keep People Entertained?

I tell the story of how my husband (who is NOT a huge cheese fan) said "no way is that going in my mouth" and how I tricked him by making a cheese ball out of cheese and bread and putting it in his food processor-he was so surprised and ate it and LOVED it!2. I also make jokes about the products I am using-like when I am using the food chopper and I say "you can tell Mom's mood by the size of the food" or when I am using the slicer and I say "I'm like a vegan butcher, I can slice anything!"3. I also get the audience involved by asking them what their favorite products are, what they would love
I just ask "who wants to start" and throw it to the first person to ask a question or say "have it" or whatever and tell them to throw it to the next person. They catch on pretty quickly! This works great for me because it is fun, it keeps them interested and awake and attentive (they are not looking thru the catalog - they are looking for the knife!).

Love the knife-throwing! I'm definitely gonna try that.

Im doing thiswith my church friends. We had a knife thrower come during vacation bible school a couple years ago ( he threw knives at his wife) and all the hubbies wanted to be taught how to do that. I don't think they appose to this lol

I Love that idea... I have a show on Thursday of this week I might have to try it out at.....How do you guys play I have it, I love it, question game?? is it played through out the demo?

Cindycooks said:
Instead of asking them "what is their favorite PC Product"...my Director always asks "What is your name and what would you do with an extra $400 a month"...instead of going around the room at the beginning, she "sprinkles" introductions through out the demo which is a great way to kill those seconds when you can't think of anything to say! Great for planting that recruiting seed!

The "Have it! Love it!" game (to which I add "Have a question) is played simply by tossing a candy to the first person to yell, "Have it! Love it!" when you mention a product. They must be willing to tell everyone why they love it. I also toss them to people who ask a question about a product or about the business. It's played during the demo. I hand out a prize at the end to the person with the most candies (or empty wrappers).

Love this idea, did you have problems with guests trying to run eachother over getting to the button?
(easy button)
sorry to take so long to reply to this. yes they did run each other over a bit. am thinking i maybe need 2-1 for each end of the room in a large group. but it was all very fun. it really kept things moving along. i didn't feel like there were any lulls in my show this time.

I start my shows asking what everyone's favorite cooking show is, then I do a little comic bit about "Cooking From the Planet Mars" (cooking shows that are so far beyond the normal person's ability/desire), then I tell them that they are attending my cooking show: "Cheap and Easy with Brandie."

I also love to make jokes about our products' names/uses when I can. I love to tell everyone that I was so excited to find out I could get a large rack from the Pampered Chef--and I thought I had to go to a plastic surgeon for that! The silicone line from earlier works beautifully along that line...

I'm sort of a lunatic by nature, however, so making up wacky stuff to say or jokes to crack is very second-nature for me. Thank goodness I have TPC as my lunacy outlet!

YOU, wacky? I'm shocked!

Heaven knows there's nobody wacky on CS!

Brandie and I are cluster-mates. We even attended our first National Conference together. I have first-hand knowledge of her wackiness. She's great.

I'm brand new, but I've been giving my hosts the I-Slice it as their thank you gift. When I get to the point of the demo where I thank them I say, "because anyway you slice it, it's great to be a PC hostess". Or something along those lines. It gets some laughs.

Hmmm... lets see. Where to start? I LOVE doing the wild and wacky quick tips. I do loads of research on tips and recently found one that has people rolling on the floor!
"Did you all know that a kiwi fruit is a natural meat tenderizer? Its so true. Peel the skin off, and rub it on your cut of meat!
Now, on the other end of the spectrum, kiwi is also VERY good for men with impotence! This method entails your sweetie actually eating the fruit though. It is VERY important to not confuse the two methods." I once had a couple at a show and when I shared the first fact, she said, "Oh, he eats a ton of kiwi fruits... its his favorite!" So I had to share the second fact, and then just kept winking at the two of them all night! hehehe.

I just try to be fun, and funny. Offer loads of crazy food facts and tips, and whenever I drop food on the floor I say, "Here puppy.... I dont care if you dont have a puppy, I will still call for your dog when I drop food at your show." Then I tell this crazy story about the stray dog .. I am sure you all have heard it before. Its insane but always gets a laugh.

I also have been passing a S/B around for everyone to sign for my host to keep, so when she does her next show, or better yet, when she becomes a consultant, she will have a good starting point to reflect back on. (and I do tell that to everyone as well)

Also, when I do have everyone do a QUICK introduction, I always tell everyone I will start. "My name is Kristin and I met our host when we both ended up in the same jail cell." Then I just laugh... of course, thankfully I have never had a host who has frequented the local jails, but if I did, that wouldnt be a good starting line.

Just be fun, be natural and be a bit kooky. The worst thing that can happen is that nobody will ask you into their homes.

One line I have been using when I give each guest their prize drawing slip and that has made such a huge difference in my bookings is this, "Truly ladies (or gentlemen), I had such a wonderful time with you all tonight. The ultimate completment you could give me would be to invite me into your home to do a cooking show for you and your friends."

I reaaaaaalllly dislike playing games at other parties, so I don't play 'em at my own. I do toss chocolate and I'm pretty funny (So I've heard ;)).
I share stories about my mishaps (LOL) in the kitchen and people love those. For whatever reason, I always have new ones to share... :confused:
I'm super laid back during the demo and it's more of a party than a "spiel" so I think that helps. Tonight I was drinking wine WHILE I was doing the 30 min chicken demo. Dude. The host MADE me. I swear it. LOL :eek: :cool:

I've also been known to demo with a coktail on the table. :)

the mispelling is on purpose--darn censor!

I have been underage or pregnant for a while- but those margarhitas at my Cinco de Marcho show looked SOOOOOOOOO good!

gilliandanielle said:
Cinco de Marcho

LMAO okay thats so great. Must remember that for next Marcho.

I have a Happy Hour show on Good Friday. These ladies WANT it to be on that day, and all they want is for me to make coktails in the QS pitchers and shop! Weeeee! :D

She picked the 5th because it worked best for her and then we decided on Mexican because it feeds a lot of people. I connected the two and Cinco de Marcho was born! I still have my sombrero!

gilliandanielle said:
She picked the 5th because it worked best for her and then we decided on Mexican because it feeds a lot of people. I connected the two and Cinco de Marcho was born! I still have my sombrero!

I love bringing my sombrero to Mexican themed shows! I let everyone know on the invites they dont want to be late! (they dont know why) I make the last person to show up wear the sombrero during the show!! :D

1. I LOVE to play the games -- people really like it and getting some free stuff.

2. I am a culinary school graduate so I definitely like to incorporate some teaching about food -- anyone can do this and people really feel like they left learning something.

3 HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR -- I bring my kids up a lot -- always funny stuff. Like my 4 year old daughter who has a temper -- her job is the chopping of the parsley with the chopper to ease her tension....

Humor and free stuff is always a great thing at shows. A little bit at each and not too much is always just perfect.

I got a line from here (one of the Anns I think, sorry:) when it gets a little out of control, I bang my spoon on the table and say "order in the show" always gets a huge laugh.
I usually play the "favorite game" pass an item to the left everytime i say fav. I tried the queen of the shoppers, not great results. I try to just have fun!

I tell alot of silly stories about my family.

And I do a lot of tips throught the show. I tell them at the begining of the show that we will learn about some of our products, some food tips and some life tips. And through the show I always say silly little life tips like in winter avoid yellow snow. And I have also said tonight is roll reversal and they have to give me tips throughout the show then I say bills are preferred but change will also be accepted!! That is always good for a chuckle.
I also have a habbit of making nick names for our product and I always share these with the demo and they love it!!
i.e. the meat tenderizer is the Mac Daddy of meat beaters!!!
and the new salad sissor things are our salad sissors on steroids

I also ALWAYs talk about alternate uses for our products. and at almost every show I learn a new use of something!!
i.e the garlic press for play dough hair that was shared by an uncle who learned about it while baby sitting his niece. he askes us not to tell is sister.
and the pizza cutter to edge the flower garden!!

When I am talking about our Knives I tell them that when I grow up I want to be just like Rachel Ray however I am not brave enough to cut and talk at the same time like she does because I am sure I will cut off my finger!!! Then I go on to talk about how wonderful the knives are!!

I just always add LOTS and LOTS of silly-slap-stick hummor!!

sorry I went on so much!!

thanks
heather

Thanks, Carolyn! What a great thread! Kristin, your humor is awesome!! I'll be trying those lines tonight!

Humor and theme shows are what make it fun for me. I am always trying to learn new tips. And to make sure the show keeps a positive attitude.

When I drop a product or spill something I will say:

"It's okay. I'm insured. I can burn her house down and it would be okay!" Then I tell about when I said it and my home insurance lady was in the front row. And she still booked a show!

"You can tell I didn't struggle through a lot of interviews to get this job. Pampered Chef lets anybody do this."

I always throw in tons of quick tips. then I wil also say we haven't even touched on the baking tips (or the grilling, veggy, healthy etc..)

I pass products and randomly ask guests to be Vanna and show it off or to sell it to the crowd.

I am always surprised how much I learn from them.

I am so excited for my show this weekend. We are doing the taste of the tropics theme. I have luau music, leis for everyone, parrot decorations, and we are making aloha pizza! We are playing the hawaian island game which I've done at a few other shows and people loved it. I'm also making a cucumber lime punch (I found on here). I think it will be a lot of fun! and help get me some bookings!!!!

How do you play Deal or No Deal?

I see alot of things you ladies incorporate that I do too!
~Name and fave product or describe yourself in the kitchen with 2 words or less.
~1 game (either right/left or queen of shoppers)
~give SBCB to host, have everyone sign it and choc. heart from stoneware mold
~mutliple product uses

and at my last show I did the Hawaiian island game (everyone loved it) then I had my host read Top 10 reasons to host a show and got some laughs from it.
I need to be goofy and laid back for my demo though and I am all serious even with a glass of wine, my nerves cannot relax during any demo.
I get at least 1 person at each show that tells me I am good at what I do, so that makes me feel like I am doing a decent job

How do you play deal or no deal BTW?

I would also like to know how to play Deal or No Deal... I play a couple of fun games..
1. I have the guests write their names on a name tag and for their last name they have to put their fav product. When it gets to them they have to read their name just like it is on the tag...That gets everyones more focused on them for a few min.
2. I give tickets for them yelling "Got it and Love it" for a product I am talking about then they have to tell me why they LOVE it....this one also gets the attention on other people while I breath for a minute.
3. At the end of the show I will play "Just ask me" game.

I think I need some new ones though

Deal or no Deal??want wanna know about this Deal or no Deal game that I have seen mentioned a few times??? Im interested because I love watching that show, and plus I am looking for new ways to have fun at my shows.

1) Cooking Tips (I usually give 2-3 and then mention if they want more tips they need to have a show)
2) Keep it light ... show you are having fun too. Say things like "Men have craftsmen, we have Pampered Chef"
3) Relate to them ... busy schedules, cooking same old thing every night, do you have more month than money, and talking about MEN always sparks conversation.

Can you email me how your game is played Deal or no Deal???

[email protected]

thanks
holly

When I do the intros I tell people if they don't have a fave product to describe themselves in the kitchen. Then I say, "And, don't be shy because I'm already heard, 'fast', 'cheap', and 'easy'."

I like to do the GILI game, and I just started doing a booking game where people basically write out a list. It actually helps.

I also tell people, "Be sure to complete all of the information on your wish list: name, address, phone. This is in case there is a question about your order and PC needs to get in touch with you, not so I can mapquest your address and camp in front of your house until you will do a show or at least, that's what my director told me."

I also use lots of things from a sheet that was on here called "one-liners".

I will also say... "I have always wanted to be a stand up comedian and I use my PC shows as my outlet. Unfortunately, you are all my audience."

I have a very dry sense of humor (or so I've been told).

I always play a couple of games at my shows. One in particular is the Let's Make a Deal game. This gets everyone involved and lists the great benefits of being a consultant. It's a very lively game and they have lots of fun!

Unfortunately, a lot of my friends do not like or appreciate games at any kind of party, including PC cooking shows. I always do a drawing at the end of my show however. Any advice on what to do in this situation?

How do you play the deal or no deal game?
I have the guests call out the page number of the item I am showing and the first one to call it out gets a ticket. I find it keeps them involved, gets them to look through the catalog, they pay attention and they also get competitive which is fun.

Somethings I do is:I sometimes bingo for a couple of small prizes. Sometimes, I will play word games out of The Pampered Chef.

lizcooks4u said:
I played the Queen of the Shopper's game and everyone loved it and really got guests flipping thru the pages too :)

Then everyone got to come up and play with the tools, chop, grate, etc.

liz
Liz... what is the queen of shoppers game?
Thanks Laurie

While I am doing my demo, I throw candy or something to the first person that can find the item I am currently using in the catalog and tells everyone the page number. The one with the most candy at the end of my demo gets a small prize.

I try to play at least one simple game while I am waiting for the recipe to cook or before we eat if it does not have to cook.

I try to keeps things short b/c I know people do not want to be there all night/day.

What is Queen of the shopper's game?

Ggrau said:
What is Queen of the shopper's game?

Click on files and search for "queen". To find other games search on "game".

whats deal or no deal???

Wow, I am so glad I came across this thread. My shows are soo boring. I swear everyone just stares at me like I have lobsters coming out of my ears. I have a bunch of bookings for this summer and I'm wanting to start incorporating fun games, themes and stuff into my shows! I loved all the ideas and I'm definately going to have to start throwing things at people :)

If you're throwing things at your guests, I'd suggest you avoid the cutlery. When guests have to be rushed to the emergency room, it cuts down on your show sales.

raebates said:
If you're throwing things at your guests, I'd suggest you avoid the cutlery. When guests have to be rushed to the emergency room, it cuts down on your show sales.

Rae - If I hadn't seen your picture and siggy line - I would have been sure that was KG's post!:D

I'm not sure whether to be flattered or insulted.I think I'll choose flattered.

I just got some GREAT Tootsie Rolls to throw at my summer shows. Instead of the typical brown wrapper, they're in stars and stripes. So cute!

<H2>1. How can you make your show stand out from others?</H2><p>One way to make your show stand out is to incorporate interactive elements, such as games or demonstrations, that engage the audience and keep them entertained. Another way is to personalize the show by including personal stories or experiences that relate to the products. Lastly, incorporating unique and creative displays for the products can also make your show stand out.</p><H2>2. What are some one-liners you use to keep the audience engaged?</H2><p>One-liners can be a great way to keep the audience entertained and engaged. For example, you can use humor to break the ice and keep the mood light. You can also use catchy phrases or slogans that relate to the products or the theme of the show. Lastly, asking thought-provoking questions can also keep the audience engaged and interested in the products.</p><H2>3. How do you keep people's attention during the entire show?</H2><p>One effective way to keep people's attention is to vary the pace and format of the show. For example, mix up product demonstrations with fun games or interactive activities. Additionally, incorporating audience participation and giving them a chance to try out the products themselves can also keep their attention. Lastly, keeping the show organized and on schedule can prevent the audience from getting bored or losing interest.</p>

Related to How Can You Make Your Show Stand Out and Keep People Entertained?

1. How can you make your show stand out from others?

One way to make your show stand out is to incorporate interactive elements, such as games or demonstrations, that engage the audience and keep them entertained. Another way is to personalize the show by including personal stories or experiences that relate to the products. Lastly, incorporating unique and creative displays for the products can also make your show stand out.

2. What are some one-liners you use to keep the audience engaged?

One-liners can be a great way to keep the audience entertained and engaged. For example, you can use humor to break the ice and keep the mood light. You can also use catchy phrases or slogans that relate to the products or the theme of the show. Lastly, asking thought-provoking questions can also keep the audience engaged and interested in the products.

3. How do you keep people's attention during the entire show?

One effective way to keep people's attention is to vary the pace and format of the show. For example, mix up product demonstrations with fun games or interactive activities. Additionally, incorporating audience participation and giving them a chance to try out the products themselves can also keep their attention. Lastly, keeping the show organized and on schedule can prevent the audience from getting bored or losing interest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankeeinontario
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies