• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need tips for a more entertaining Pampered Chef show?

In summary, experts suggest that to inject some humor into a show, you should:-lighten up-be yourself-connect with guests-find something funny about them.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Hi, I've come to realise that I need to make my show more entertaining as well as informative. Can you all offer some suggestions as to what you do at your shows to inject some humour? I know my stuff but I am not really funny at the shows. I realise that people want to be entertained as well as informed and I am at a loss on the humour part. I know one consultant does her kitchen aerobics...she bends up and down, simulating how we had to look at measuring cups before we had the easy read measuring cup. Another does the physical actions of putting the chicken on the stoneware fluted pan. I need to learn how to be FUNNY!! Does anyone have any one liners or funny ideas to add into my show so that I don't put my guests to sleep. I'm passionate about PC but I suspect I come across as too boring or to intense or too shy...I really want to make it a better show, I'm just not sure where to start.

Dont be serious...if you make a mistake, laugh at yourself...If I'm doing something and food flies off of my table and lands on the floor (which seems to happen a lot), I make a comment like "See, when I come to your house when you have your show, I'll bring food that matches your floor or carpeting", and then LAUGH! Everyone laughs too!! Lighten it up...tell stories of how things have gone awry, and I use this one too..."That's why it's called Pampered Chef, and not Perfect Chef." And...make sure you smile...hope this helped a little...if I think of more, I'll add...hang in there...don' take yourself too seriously.

Talk about Batter Bowls---I left the Classic and the Small Batter bowl in the cabinet overnight and when I opened it up the next day I found six babies--the Prep Bowls!

That's a GREAT one!!!!!!!

I use the ole' food chopper line "Your mood is reflected by the size of your food." If mom has had a bad day, the kids, or husband will know immediately if their veggies are really finely chopped. Also for the food chopper - I had a roomate who would not eat a lot of things, so you can use the Food Chopper to hide veggies for those picky eaters. ;)

I use a lot of silly one-liners about the products.Measure-all-cup is the Kitchen Wonderbra because it pushes everything up and out.The Scrapers are the Baywatch kitchen babes- skinny on the bottom and silicone on the top. And they come in A, B, C and D sizes. It's the safest use of silicone for women!

Point out the funny "other uses" of the product. Mention that your bamboo spoons aren't "paint stirrers" for your husband's paint. The trifle bowl can be doubles as a Beta Fish Bowl. I learned recently at a PC show I attended about "male and female" peppers - didn't know there was a difference but it was hilarious (works when making turkey chili) and the crowd took it from there.

Yes, this is great! This is what I'm talking about. You guys are sooooo GREAT. I'm not nervous, I'm just a bit of a "nerd" when it comes to this. My mind works in more of the "lecture mode" (aka boring) and everything just seems to come out stiff . Keep the ideas coming. I think you all will help make me the "life of the party"! I was bummed out, but I woke up this morning, determined to get better at the presentation part of PC. Thanks for lending a hand in my quest!

chefann said:
I use a lot of silly one-liners about the products.

Measure-all-cup is the Kitchen Wonderbra because it pushes everything up and out.

The Scrapers are the Baywatch kitchen babes- skinny on the bottom and silicone on the top. And they come in A, B, C and D sizes. It's the safest use of silicone for women!

I would pee my nickers and have to wear some of those diapers KG was talking about on another thread if I was at one of your shows Ann.

I am attaching a document I got on this board about humor. I haven't ever really used any of it. I'm just not a funny type person and I think that can make delivery bad if you don't have the right personality.

What I do do, is try to connect with the guests and find something about them. If it is a fun crowd and I'm relaxed about it, some recurring joke will come up. Usually there is a loud mouth that I'll crack jokes on or kid with the non-cook in the room. "Even Kelly can use the can opener."

If no one uses fresh garlic when I show the press, I might say, "it's great for playdough hair." Later, when showing some other product like the cheese grater I might say, "this does NOT work with playdough." It's not a huge joke or extremely funny but it gets people thinking about other uses of the products and helps them see me as a mom and real person.

Anyway, hope the files helpful...

Attachments

• Humor.doc
    58 KB · Views: 411
Thanks. That's a great file.

I always tell my guests that when picking garlic at the market to think "men in underwear", think "tighty whities". That always get a good laugh.

DebbieJ said:
Talk about Batter Bowls---I left the Classic and the Small Batter bowl in the cabinet overnight and when I opened it up the next day I found six babies--the Prep Bowls!

Oh my goodness Debbie! That actually made me laugh!:D

You ladies are hilarious!! I have been thinking that I want to add more humor as well. I guess I do joke around, and I smile and laugh ALOT, but I didn't have any good jokes unitl now!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

chefann said:
I use a lot of silly one-liners about the products.

Measure-all-cup is the Kitchen Wonderbra because it pushes everything up and out.

The Scrapers are the Baywatch kitchen babes- skinny on the bottom and silicone on the top. And they come in A, B, C and D sizes. It's the safest use of silicone for women!

Ann - thanks for this one...I attended my recruiter's show Friday night and used it...they were going around the room saying what their favorite tool was.

I said, "Being a lifeguard, mine has to be the Baywatch Babes...I paused to get the puzzled looks and then said as my recruiter was pulling them out...the scrapers...skinny on the bottom, nothing but silicon on top and they come in ABC and D sizes." The room roared and it was a good show for my friend.

So thanks....! :D

Related to Need tips for a more entertaining Pampered Chef show?

What are some tips for hosting a successful Pampered Chef Entertaining Show?

1. Plan ahead: Make a detailed list of tasks and delegate responsibilities to ensure everything is ready for the show.

2. Create a welcoming atmosphere: Set up a designated area for the show and make sure it is clean and inviting for guests.

3. Use the products: Have the products on display and use them throughout the show to showcase their functionality and versatility.

4. Offer samples: Have prepared samples of recipes using Pampered Chef products for guests to try and get a taste of the products.

5. Have fun: Remember to relax and have fun with your guests. The more enjoyable the experience, the more likely they will be to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
emaaht
  • Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies