• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Providing for a Bilingual Audience: Tips for Hosting a Pampered Chef Show

I think you can still put their name on the drawing slip, but I would just omit the contact info on it.Maggie,You should bring the Spanish catalog with you, and make sure to bring knives and cookware. Most guests will not have any experience with Pampered Chef, so you will likely need to focus on those items. Be prepared for a low show total, and focus on cookware. The Hispanic market is important to Pampered Chef, so be sure to focus on that. You will also likely encounter many challenges, but be yourself and offer to help.
mrssyvo
I am needing information for my show tomorrow night. My hostess is Hispanic, but speaks English very well, but most of the guests speak only Spanish. She will be interpreting as needed, and is also considering the business. What products should I make sure I take to show. Most of them are not familiar with the Pampered Chef, and from what I understand, they do not use the oven often, but mostly stovetop cooking, so I will take some cookware for sure. Any other items I must not forget? I am taking the spinach-artichoke dip prepared, and demo-ing the Bananna-Brownie supreme. Please share your experiences with me.

Show them that there is a Hispanic Season's Best available. Do you have the Spanish Spring catalog? Bring it, if you do. Also, the knives and chopper are great. See if you can find a list of what is in the Hispanic kit - I think it is on the back of the Spanish catalog.

Sue,

Be prepared for a low show total. They will not make big purchases until they trust you.

Definitely focus on cookware.

Since your host is interpreting, you will most likely want to cut down your demo, otherwise you will be there forever!!!

We have a Hispanic consultant in our cluster and you can email me if you want her number to get some pointers. She is very passionate about this side of our biz and is always willing to help.

Do you have Spanish catalogs???

I have 1 Spanish catalog. That is a good idea about the Hispanic kit, I will look on the back of the catalog, and see what is there. My demo will be very short. I realize that I am very possibly over myhead on this one, but I always look forward to adventures!!!!

On CC you can get the Una Meustra (sp) da Pampered Chef recipes, they are in English. Maybe that would be good.

Amber, I wish I had thought of that before. I dropped the ball a bit, but I will remember that next time.

I would also take the food chopper, along with the hispanic catalogs.

Oh, I would also show the knives.

Citrus press is another good tool that is used in a lot of Hispanic cooking.

Also, be prepared for there to be many children there, and husbands. I've done a few shows in a circle of Hispanic customers, and there is definintely more of an emphasis on the whole family being there. (One host told me there would be 20 at her show- and there were. But 15 of them were husbands and children!) And, they WILL socialize - a LOT!

My group wasn't as "fresh off the boat" as yours sounds, so you will probably encounter some other "opportunities for growth" (AKA- challenges).

Mostly, try to be yourself. Yes, it's great to honor their heritage, but guests will be able to tell when you're trying too hard. Share the info that you have, and offer to find thing out for them. Let them know that this is a family-oriented company and that it is dedicated to reaching the Hispanic market.

Thank you for all of the wonderful ideas. I think I may change my recipe selection (I am taking ingredients) I was thinking of the pineapple upside down cake, I have the Family skillet, but not the lid. Can I make it in the 10 inch skillet? and does anyone have the recipe? Do you have any other suggestions?

I think there is a recipe out there for the 10" skillet because that is what comes in the Hispanic starter kit.

There is a chocolate version of Pineapple Upside Down cake that's done in the 10", and on the stovetop. It's in one of the Una Muestra's.

Another good recipe is the Green Chile Frittata that was one of the theme show recipes a couple years back. It's in the Theme Show Archive on Consultant's Corner.

I think I am ready !!!I think I am ready, Thanks Deb for the catalogs- I am also having hubby print the OOF and guest specials in Spanish. Something I realized though, the door prize slips I have will be useless. How do you handle the door prize drawing, and gathering info?

Unless you are going to send out newsletters in spanish, I don't know if you really need all of their contact info on a drawing slip?? Especially if you have the checkboxes on the OOF's...

Sounds like everyone is getting a prize at this show. :)

Maybe just have them write their names on a slip of paper for the drawing? If you don't speak the same language, then their contact info isn't going to be all that useful for customer care calls and things of that nature anyways...

I have done quite a few high sales hispanic shows, as well as lots of low,low sales hispanic shows. If your crowd seems to be "fresh off the boat" as I saw above, don't talk bookings at all. Sell them products and then follow up after they receive the products for bookings. I've had more than one show where everyone books and nobody orders- wanting to save their order for their own show. Another aspect is that they will book in close alot more readily than the Caucasian crowd. When you follow up with bookings, you can suggest a show this weekend and they will be ok with that. Also, they seem to like Sunday evening shows as alot are gathering anyhow.

DebbieJ said:
Sounds like everyone is getting a prize at this show. :)

Just remember that what you do at this show, you may have to do at any shows that are booked from this one:eek:

Wow, This is a lot to think about. I never realized how different cultures can be. I am hoping that she will sign, then I will have a new consultant, and she will be equipped to handle it all.

Not necessarily. I thought the same thing, but the bi-lingual recruits I've had are having trouble too. I think they need to be "sold" on the products, which we take for granted because the guests at our shows sell each other on them. The high shows I have had were because the guests already knew the products and sold each other on them. Believe it or not, the catalog and the products don't really sell themselves. I'm sure the TrailBlazers who were consultants in the beginning of Pampered Chef ran into the same trouble with the Caucasian crowd. We just need to have some spanish-speaking blazers to perservere long enough to get the trail carved out.

1. How can I make my Pampered Chef show more accessible for a bilingual audience?

To make your Pampered Chef show more accessible for a bilingual audience, it is important to have materials available in both languages. This includes printed recipes, product descriptions, and any other important information. You can also consider hiring a bilingual consultant to assist with the presentation and answer any questions from the audience.

2. What are some tips for effectively communicating with a bilingual audience during a Pampered Chef show?

When communicating with a bilingual audience during a Pampered Chef show, it is important to speak clearly and at a moderate pace. Avoid using slang or idioms that may not translate well. It is also helpful to provide visual aids or demonstrations to supplement your verbal instructions.

3. How can I ensure that all guests feel included during a Pampered Chef show with a bilingual audience?

To ensure that all guests feel included during a Pampered Chef show with a bilingual audience, it is important to involve everyone in the experience. This can include having volunteers from the audience participate in the cooking demonstrations or asking for feedback and opinions from both language groups.

4. Are there any specific products or recipes that work well for a bilingual audience during a Pampered Chef show?

There are no specific products or recipes that work better for a bilingual audience during a Pampered Chef show. However, it may be helpful to offer a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary preferences and cultural backgrounds to appeal to a diverse audience.

5. Can I request a bilingual consultant for my Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you can request a bilingual consultant for your Pampered Chef show. The company has a network of consultants who are fluent in multiple languages and can assist with hosting a show for a bilingual audience. You can contact your local Pampered Chef representative to request a bilingual consultant for your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cathyt
Replies
Views
mdelaine
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows