• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unconventional Show: Entertaining a Drunk Host - My Experience and Tips

In summary, the host was drunk and nobody showed up for the 1 p.m. show. At 1:15, the host said "Nobody is coming. Entertain me!" so I made Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake in the DCB. The host took the cake from me and handed me a check for $400. The host was so drunk that he was eating the cake like it was his last meal. I don't know what to order for the guy next time.
RMDave
Gold Member
At noon today I arrived at the hosts home for a 1 p.m. show. The host was drunk.

1 p.m. came and nobody showed up. The host was drunker.

At 1:15, the host said "Nobody is coming. Entertain me!"

I started to pack up then since the ingredients were sitting on the kitchen counter, I made Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake in the DCB. Took it out of the microwave and let it sit for 5 minutes. I scooped up a large portion and poured about half-a-cup of bourbon on it and gave it to the host.

He took it from me and handed me a check for $400 and said, "I didn't look through the catalog. Order me this much and call me next week."

As I was leaving he was powering through the bourbon soaked cake like his life depended on it.

Hmmmmmmmm I wonder what I should order for him? Suggestions? LOL

RMDave said:
At noon today I arrived at the hosts home for a 1 p.m. show. The host was drunk.

1 p.m. came and nobody showed up. The host was drunker.

At 1:15, the host said "Nobody is coming. Entertain me!"

I started to pack up then since the ingredients were sitting on the kitchen counter, I made Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake in the DCB. Took it out of the microwave and let it sit for 5 minutes. I scooped up a large portion and poured about half-a-cup of bourbon on it and gave it to the host.

He took it from me and handed me a check for $400 and said, "I didn't look through the catalog. Order me this much and call me next week."

As I was leaving he was powering through the bourbon soaked cake like his life depended on it.

Hmmmmmmmm I wonder what I should order for him? Suggestions? LOL

Holy Mary Mother of God. That's too funny.

Well, get him the DCB since you made the cake. And you should get the Dots Stemware, Martini Glasses, Ice Bucket, and Shaker.

leftymac said:
Well, get him the DCB since you made the cake. And you should get the Dots Stemware, Martini Glasses, Ice Bucket, and Shaker.

I love it Keith. I love it like the guy loved your cake.

hmm... I'd go with Keith's ideas--certainly nothing sharp. LOL
Actually if he drinks that much, stemware may be wasted on him. Do you know this guy? What happened? this sounds pretty bad. IF he were a friend of mine I'd call to check on him.
If he were a stranger, I still might call to see if he had any ideas of what he wanted to order...... no, I'd probably email. I'd be worried he might want his check back, but I'd be worried anyway that he'd sober up and stop payment.Marghi

I'd never met the guy before. I got the booking from my PWS and talked with him 3 times on the phone to schedule and host coach. I'll email him in the morning telling him what I'm going to order ... that way he can say "STOP" before I enter it in P3.

RMDave said:
I made Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake in the DCB.

sounds like a great selection of PC products for this guy.

I have yet to make a chocolate cake in my DBC, think I should try this one. Is the recipe in the collection that Dotty sent out recently?

I want the recipe for the Warm Chocolate Fudge cake... but I can never search for recipes.I get great recipes from posts and stumbling through the files, but every time I click on recipes and then try to do anything, kaput. I can open the recipes shown, but if I try to search, it just refreshes the page....
what am I doing wrong?Marghi

Marghi, I always search in the Files, not the recipes, way more good things to find there

thanks Donna, I'll try it.Marghi

And also the wine bottle opener, the dripless pourer-stopper, and the outdoor party sticks, maybe at 60 percent off, maybe not.

BlueMoon said:
hmm... I'd go with Keith's ideas--certainly nothing sharp. LOL
Actually if he drinks that much, stemware may be wasted on him.

Do you know this guy? What happened? this sounds pretty bad. IF he were a friend of mine I'd call to check on him.
If he were a stranger, I still might call to see if he had any ideas of what he wanted to order...... no, I'd probably email. I'd be worried he might want his check back, but I'd be worried anyway that he'd sober up and stop payment.

Marghi

Yep, you might want to go with the Dots Glassware, instead. They're pretty sturdy.:D

Thanks Di - too bad we don't have really good bar crystal.

And I thought how could it get any stranger than a nude cooking show? ;)

Hey Barb, I got to wear an apron! I laid everything infront of myself so I never had to turn around. LOL

RMDAVE you are just tooooo funny...The perfect client...just hand over the check and say's just order what ever you want...why can't I ever have that kind of luck, only with out the drunk guy. It's kind of like the husband who hands his wife his credit card and say's just buy what ever you want honey....LOVE IT

I didn't see anyone mention the QSP (family size)...give him the margherita & mohito recipes with it!

I've had some crazy ones, but nothing like that!

LMAO! That's a new one. Be sure his check clears before you hit send....

pamperedlinda said:
LMAO! That's a new one. Be sure his check clears before you hit send....

I'm taking it to his bank before I contact him in the morning.

This made me laugh so hard, my kids asked me what was so funny and I just couldn't explain. Thanks for the laugh!! :)

Dave, you always keep it interesting. Maybe he was so drunk he forgot to invite people. Have fun spending his money! It's like having a sugar daddy.

Maybe he was drunk because his friends weren't comingMarghi

BlueMoon said:
Maybe he was drunk because his friends weren't coming
Maybe his friends didn't come because he was drunk.

Becca_in_MD said:
It's like having a sugar daddy.

I could use a sugar son.

OMG Too funny! At least it happened to you and not me JK!

RMDave said:
Maybe his friends didn't come because he was drunk.

I'm kinda thinking he was hoping you'd get drunk with him.....

So funny! Great show Dave.

pamperedlinda said:

Linda, bite your tongue!

pamperedlinda said:

My first thought was he didn't really invite everyone, especially if only 15 minutes after the start time he said "No one's coming, entertain me!"

I don't know, Noora ... very strange guy. Went to my website and asked for a show. We talked on the phone repeatedly. He wanted to take care of the invitations himself. Everytime I called last week he kept saying 10 people had RSVP'd, then 11, finally 13. He didn't tell me, probably, that they'd RSVP'd Regrets.

pamperedlinda said:

Ha! Sounds like the Dave we know! :D:eek::rolleyes:

NooraK said:
My first thought was he didn't really invite everyone, especially if only 15 minutes after the start time he said "No one's coming, entertain me!"

:chef::blushing:

He probably thought you sounded so entertaining on the radio!

He went to your PWS order and requested a show... but how did he find your PWS??? Perhaps her was looking for another type of good time in the kitchen.. involving the apron, hot pokers and not much else??? ohhhh was that my outloud voice again getting me into trouble?

Di_Can_Cook said:
He probably thought you sounded so entertaining on the radio!

Yes, that must have been it. Entertaining. Me. Radio. Entertaining. Yep!

PCJenni said:
He went to your PWS order and requested a show... but how did he find your PWS??? Perhaps her was looking for another type of good time in the kitchen.. involving the apron, hot pokers and not much else??? ohhhh was that my outloud voice again getting me into trouble?

He was giving the URL for my website from a previous Host. Remind me to thank that previous host.

As for the apron, hot pokers and not much else - I charge considerably more than $400 for being that type of consultant.

You know, we're kinda kidding around, but as the pc baby here I gotta ask, how does everyone handle safety issues? I know Dave is big and strong, but this could have turned ugly (or uglier)

Beyond making sure someone knows where I am going, any other safety tips?

Marghi

Yes, Marghi - I think that's a brilliant question. You ought to start a thread specifically about it.

i hope you're using 150 of it so he can get discounts on the rest :D

how about the bar pan?

vgmontes said:
i hope you're using 150 of it so he can get discounts on the rest :D

how about the bar pan?

Persoanlly, I'd put it in as a $400 show then call and tell him about his additional free shopping spree.

Sounds like a good plan, Linda! That way he would feel like you "gave" him something for his spending $400! :)

So, I'm seeing this thread rather late, and sitting her laughing my head off....Dave, you never cease to crack me up. :) What happened with the order/"show"? Did you call him??

esavvymom said:
What happened with the order/"show"? Did you call him??

I called he said, "Can't you follow instructions? I told you to order me $400 worth of your S#!t!"

So I did? I hope he likes $400 bucks worth of Dot Stemware! (No I didn't but I was SO tempted to do something like that. I ordered some great things.

RMDave said:
I called he said, "Can't you follow instructions? I told you to order me $400 worth of your S#!t!"

So I did? I hope he likes $400 bucks worth of Dot Stemware! (No I didn't but I was SO tempted to do something like that. I ordered some great things.

What a piece of work! Wow. Well, worked out for you anyway. ;)

I really do hope you didn't order him anything breakable! LOLDid you make him the host, or yourself?

darn, no bookings from that show?

I wish my life were that interesting.....sounds like it was weird, but think of all the fun you will have every time you tell that story.

I missed this before. Thanks for starting my Monday with a good laugh! :D

Sandi

RMDave said:

LOL! I was just thinking of this the other day and wondering how it all turned out.

1. "What do I do if my host is drunk during the show?"

If your host is intoxicated during the show, it's important to remain professional and try to handle the situation as best as you can. Try to keep the focus on the products and avoid serving alcohol to the host or guests. If the host becomes disruptive or uncooperative, it may be best to reschedule the show for a different time.

2. "What if nobody shows up to the show but the host is still drunk?"

In this situation, it's important to handle the host with care and try to keep them calm and entertained. You can suggest playing games or doing activities related to the products, or even try to get the host involved in helping with the show. If the host is too intoxicated to participate, it may be best to reschedule for a different time.

3. "How do I handle a drunk host who asks me to entertain them?"

If the host is asking you to entertain them, it's important to stay professional and try to involve them in the show as much as possible. You can ask for their help with demonstrations or let them choose products to showcase. However, it's important to avoid serving them more alcohol and to keep the focus on the products and not the host's intoxication.

4. "What should I do if the host gives me a large order while drunk?"

If the host gives you a large order while intoxicated, it's important to confirm the order with them when they are sober. You can also suggest that they look through the catalog again when they are sober to make sure they are happy with their choices. If necessary, you can also reach out to them after the show to confirm their order and make any changes if needed.

5. "What products do you suggest I order for a drunk host?"

It's important to keep in mind that everyone's preferences and tastes are different, so it's difficult to recommend specific products for a drunk host. However, you can suggest versatile and popular products such as cookware sets, kitchen gadgets, or even a selection of sauces and seasonings. Ultimately, it's important to make sure the host is happy with their choices when they are sober and to avoid catering to their intoxication.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • rennea
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire