• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last Night I Held My 3Rd Show, It Was Technically My First Out and

My 3rd show was technically my 1st out and about show because my first one my mom did for me and my 2nd was my grand opening...well...the girl didn't send out the invites, only posted on FB. 5 people showed up (one left before we started cooking without ordering grrr) and they all brought their kids.my host has 4 boys, one lady brought her 3 kids, another lady thought it would be nice and brought someone else's kid so he could play!!! the one that left early left her two kids there and took her 1 WEEK OLD home.so total guests? 3 neighbors & host's mom= 4 (host's sister left, so i don't count her)
chellb1234
Last night I held my 3rd show, it was technically my first out and about show because my first one my mom did for me and my second was my grand opening...well...the girl didn't send out the invites, only posted on FB. 5 people showed up (one left before we started cooking without ordering grrr) and they all brought their kids.
my host has 4 boys, one lady brought her 3 kids, another lady thought it would be nice and brought someone else's kid so he could play!!! the one that left early left her two kids there and took her 1 WEEK OLD home.
so total guests? 3 neighbors & host's mom= 4 (host's sister left, so i don't count her)
total kids? 10! 9 boys and 1 girl (all under the age of 8) running around the house, screaming, asking to help, picking up the products, picking up the food, eating the veggies before putting it on the pizza, having to cut up more veggies for the pizza.
i wasn't able to talk about the products AT ALL, i ended up doing the whole show basically by myself while everyone chatted and ignored their kids!
total show $$ thus far? (i'm telling the host to get more outside orders) 159.65.
This is my last show before my 30 days is up (on monday) i only need 269 to get to my 1250...so after this portion, i still need 110.00. I AM NOT closing this show only needing 110.00 to get to my 1250!!!
sorry for the rant...but geesh!!!:eek:

Re: UM...wowugh, so sorry to read this, Chell. I think we've all been there! I hope you hit your $1250!!!

Re: UM...wowman, that's sounds like something that would happen to me. Hope everything turns out well.

Re: UM...wowI feel your pain! We've all had "those" shows before. Congrats on starting your own biz. I'm so glad you found a place like this where you can vent (it helps soooo much, believe me) - if you want tips on lowering your chances of it happening again just holler! ;)

Re: UM...wowI would love tips! I didn't feel right really telling her to find a place for her 4 boys to go, but then the day of the party, she said on FB, kids are welcome since mine will be there...she might as well have said come on over and let your kids run ram pit! the more the merrier!

Re: UM...wowhost coaching is the key. there are lots of great trainings on consultant's corner and this checklist is a must for new consultants: https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/images/cc/us/pdf/host_coaching_checklist.pdf

part of the host coaching process is finding out about your host & the kind of party atmosphere they want to have (kids, no kids, etc.) if you talk about it ahead of time you can prepare for it. maybe the host & you can go in together & get an older kid or babysitter to keep the kids busy. i have a friend who brings along someone who's willing to work for pampered chef products for shows like that. but it all comes back to host coaching - if your host wants a time set aside for moms to be able to get a word in edgewise, let her know that "in your experience" - it's more relaxing to have parties without kids but that you can work together to have a party that everyone will feel comfortable at.

i hope that helps!

Re: UM...wowThis is where host coaching comes in. I would take online coarses, and use the host info print out from PC website. It gives you the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd call info to go over. You are just starting so the idea of someone saying "Yes, I'll host" is somewhat overwhelming. You need to let your hosts know YOU are in charge. ASK, "what will you be doing with your kids?" If they say they'll be home and I've invited everyone to bring theirs too, then tell the host she needs to arrange for someone to watch over them. You are running a business, you have sharp objects not suited for small children, and you want to be sure you're helping the adults get the most out of their time of learning with your quick, easy, and delicious recipes, cooking tips, and product demonstration/instruction.

You can not assume your host knows what to do so you need to tell her.

Re: UM...wowThanks! This all is very helpful. Its hard when you book in close (30 days and what not) to actually make all three calls and follow up on everything.
When I came over to give her the host packet (we scheduled the show 2 weeks from asking her) she wouldn't even let me in her house. keep in mind i live in Iowa and its cold. So i stood there on her stoop trying to talk her. She has 4 boys in every sport imaginable (and they only rang in age from 2-7) so it was always very hard to call and talk for more than 10 minutes...well, anyway, now i know what to do! best to learn from experience i guess lol

Re: UM...wowIf she doesn't have 10 minutes to talk about her own show, she's telling you where her priorities are. Take it as the learning experience it was, close the show and go book your next one. The bad comes with the good - you're due for some good!

Re: UM...wowYour experience reminds me of a show I did when I was pretty new. Only difference was besides the kids and low sales, there were about 4-5 puppies running around too!

You'll laugh about this in the future, trust me. Don't give up.

Re: UM...wowOh i'm not giving up! I'm having lots of fun, at least I got complimented from the lady that brought the kid on how well i managed with all the kids running around. Just wish the money would have been more, maybe if i could have sold the products more. Now i just need to hound the host for the 3-4 orders she is suppose to get to me by monday

Re: UM...wowHOST COACHING!!!!
Take every online training course you can on coaching your hosts, listen to all the audios on host coaching...Host Coaching is where you'll earn your paychecks...you just go to the show to pick them up!

Re: UM...wowif your host comes in short....try calling around and getting a few orders to make up a catalog show of your own....call your director...she may have a lead or two....even if it's just a couple of people you could reach your goal.....
good luck and welcome!!!!!!

Re: UM...wowJust wondering if you reached your goal? Also, remember that the host's purchases (minus the 60% off product) count towards your commissionable sales, so if she only collects $60 but orders what becomes $50 after her discount, you'll still be there!

Re: UM...wowI would love to know how this turns out. I had to work my butt off for my last $200 (to hit 1250) in my first 30 days. It was a week left and I was so determined but I got it! Wishing you luck! I'm sure you'll get it :)

Re: UM...wowI will find out tomorrow when i see her for the final orders...i have till midnight right??? lol

Re: UM...wow
chellb1234 said:
I will find out tomorrow when i see her for the final orders...i have till midnight right??? lol

Midnight Central Time :)

Re: UM...wowok, i still need 36.63, she got one more order today, and hopefully her husband will come home tonight with some orders from his work...if not, i think i'll buy something lol. do they count just the commission-able sales to get to 1250? or total sales?

Re: UM...wowCommissionable sales only. But, while you can't get individual orders online, you can enter them into P3. So if you know of anyone who wants to order, even if it is not with this show, you can place the order for them in P3.

Re: UM...wowThis host has presented you with the perfect opportunity to have a 'Mom and Me' show in the future! Prepare items that kids can help with and let the kids help with it. It will keep them occupied and the mommies can relax and have fun watching the kids do the work. I had one show there were two youngens there, 8 and 6 I think. We had planned on making the molten cake in the DCB anyway. I read the directions and the kids made the cake entirely...except removing from the microwave. Sold a DCB to their mom.

Re: UM...wowwell...i made it! I have a total of 1256.42 in commissionable sales...and it was with the help of my mom, she bought the simple slicer and an i-slice. AND i bought something too...
BUT at least i made it...whew. on to my next show tomorrow (a day after my first 30 days lol)
She has 12 confirmed guests and already has an order online...i believe this show will go a lot more smoother...

chellb1234 said:
She has 12 confirmed guests and already has an order online...i believe this show will go a lot more smoother...

Now that would've been nice before, huh?!

Make sure you take the online training course about maximizing your show. I just did that one again tonight and it had lots of information you might find incredibly useful!

Re: UM...wowI am heading there now! LOL the good thing is my director pays "director dollars" for when you complete training too. so its an added bonus! i just picked up a 12.50 check tonight for my past courses i took in October

wcsis said:
This host has presented you with the perfect opportunity to have a 'Mom and Me' show in the future! Prepare items that kids can help with and let the kids help with it. It will keep them occupied and the mommies can relax and have fun watching the kids do the work. I had one show there were two youngens there, 8 and 6 I think. We had planned on making the molten cake in the DCB anyway. I read the directions and the kids made the cake entirely...except removing from the microwave. Sold a DCB to their mom.

I'm a new Consultant and so far my first show isn't until December 2. I'm gonna try to call my friends and see if they want to do a Mom and Me show. I know my daughters would love it. They love helping in the kitchen and have been wanting to try the products. Thank you so much for the idea. :D

Re: UM...wowwoooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!! way to go!!!!!

Re: UM...wowCOngrats on getting there. We have all at one time had one of those shows I am sure. I know some of my worst shows seem like nothing compared to some others i have had. It is amazing what a little determination will get you too! I am so glad you were able to pull it off in the end. Now onto bigger and better things. I hope your show with 12 guests is a GREAT one! :)

Re: UM...wowCongrats on qualifying!!!!

Re: UM...wowWow - you have encouraged me as a new consultant for sure... Congrats on making it to 1250!

1. What should I expect at my first Pampered Chef show?

At your first show, you can expect to see and learn about our high-quality kitchen products and how they can make cooking and meal preparation easier. Our consultant will demonstrate some of our top-selling items and share tips and recipes for using them. You'll also have the opportunity to try out some of the products yourself and ask any questions you may have.

2. How long does a Pampered Chef show usually last?

On average, a Pampered Chef show lasts about 2 hours. However, the length may vary depending on the number of guests and the type of show (in-home or virtual). Our consultants are trained to keep the show fun and engaging, so the time will fly by!

3. What happens if I can't attend the show I booked?

If you are unable to attend the show you booked, you can reschedule or cancel it. Just reach out to your consultant as soon as possible to make arrangements. We understand that things come up, and we will do our best to accommodate your schedule.

4. Can I earn free products by hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, absolutely! As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your show. Our consultants will work with you to create a personalized rewards plan that fits your needs and preferences.

5. Can I have a Pampered Chef show at my workplace?

Yes, you can! We offer workplace shows that are perfect for team building events or employee appreciation activities. Just talk to your consultant about scheduling a show at your workplace and we will bring the party to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies