• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FRUSTRATED with No-Show Host: My Experience at BRU on 1/13

In summary, the host booked a show for tomorrow, but has not returned any calls or emails. The last time she spoke with the host was 1/30, and she has 35 minutes to redeem herself. The show is off, and the host is out of town.
DebbieJ
I booked a show on the spot at BRU on 1/13. It's scheduled for tomorrow. I've talked to the host twice. The last time was 1/30. She hasn't returned any calls this week or last. Today I sent an email as well.

My last message said if I didn't hear back from her by 10 p.m. tonight I'll assume it's cancelled. She could have at least let me know. She has 35 minutes to redeem herself.

I'm making alternate plans...going to check out the movie times for tomorrow night. DATE NIGHT!

I'm with ya! I had a host book back in December for this coming Tuesday. It is 2.5 hours each way and in another state! She won't answer her phone and her machine is only on sometimes. Then, when I did get ahold of her one night she asked me to call her back in 30 minutes. When I did, her mother answered and said she was busy. I left her my name and still haven't heard back!

I'm sorry Deb! I hate that as well! Why can't they just pick up the damn phone???? Sorry, I guess I'm more annoyed than you!:confused: I guess we all have them though.:rolleyes:

Exactly! I'd rather have honesty than avoidance.

DebbieJ said:
I booked a show on the spot at BRU on 1/13. It's scheduled for tomorrow. I've talked to the host twice. The last time was 1/30. She hasn't returned any calls this week or last. Today I sent an email as well.

My last message said if I didn't hear back from her by 10 p.m. tonight I'll assume it's cancelled. She could have at least let me know. She has 35 minutes to redeem herself.

I'm making alternate plans...going to check out the movie times for tomorrow night. DATE NIGHT!
Tell me about it. I had the same thing happen last Saturday.
I stopped by her work this week (Office Depot to get some more copies. I get all my copies there & booked her there) Well I asked if she was going to be in and was told later but here is the kicker. "The gal I spoke with said OH Your the Pampered Chef Lady ..... invited me to your show when is it going to be?" So I felt hopeful that she did actually tell people about it. I am going to try again and reschedule. I told the other employee we had to reschedule. Fingers crossed.

Good Luck!!!:)

I got an email just now. The show is off. The host is--get this--OUT OF TOWN!!!!

It's a very confusing co-host situation that I kinda created for myself. Long story. The main gal is out of town according to her co-host sister. I guess she FORGOT we had booked for tomorrow?

I won't be quick to rebook these gals, that's for sure.

Isn't that wonderful of her to let you know!

I don't get that! What is wrong with people?????

So...what movie are you going to go to?

rebeccastt said:
I don't get that! What is wrong with people?????
LOOOOOOOOOOOOZERS
That's what hehe

Because I Said So looks like the only one that will work time wise.

Our junior high youth group at church is doing free babysitting from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. :)

Maybe we'll just go to dinner with another couple from church if they are dropping their kids.

Otherwise we may do the very exciting task of adding DH to my cell phone plan. Yippeee!!

I had a recruit prospect - Walks right up and asks about the business - schedule a coffee chat - she is a no show Call her - Something came up - I will call you right back. After 15 minutes I left a nice message that I will try to catch up with her later. I have been swamped and called her this evening. at 7:45 She tells me she is busy at work and will call me back. I give her my cell phone. From the conversation I can pretty much tell that she will not be calling me back - I will keep the slip but will not be calling her again. I think people that are not straight forward are sad. Why lie - Just say I am sorry I am not interested or I changed my mind. I am a big girl I will get over it but yanking my chain or leading me to believe your are interested when you are not is wasting my valuable time. I will now step off the soap box

Doesn't it suck, Kathy?

Yes....like the avoidance is much easier on us than just saying "no"!!!! Geesh!

Yeah, I'd rather hear the no as well. I take the opposite approach from you...when I haven't talked to them in a while, I leave a message that says, "Well I'm sorry we haven't really been able to connect, but I picked out a great recipe and I'll pick up the ingredients. I'll be there on Friday around 6! Can't wait!" Funny how quickly they call back after THAT message!

Have you had any hosts that just weren't home after you did that?

I can't stand people who are too cowardly to just pick up the phone and be honest. That disgusts me and frustrates me to no end. I hope you have a wonderful evening at the movies or wherever you decide to go - don't let the losers getcha down!!

rebeccastt said:
Have you had any hosts that just weren't home after you did that?

BTDT. Let me tell you how fun it is to drive up to an empty house with a car full of products and ingredients to find a very confused husband. :confused:

Wow
DebbieJ said:
BTDT. Let me tell you how fun it is to drive up to an empty house with a car full of products and ingredients to find a very confused husband. :confused:

That's horrible!! I know that nobody is that forgetful and to let her husband have to answer for her as to where she is or why she forgot is so embarrassing.
I don't see why people can't be honest and just tell us the truth. By not wanting to hurt our feelings, or whatever the reason, they just make it harder for us. I don't see why they don't see that. I guess some people are just inconsiderate and don't care.
I haven't run into that problem with a host, but if I ever do I will be sure to let them know that they cost me a weekend of work and time with my family because I prepared for their show.

Debbie :D

I have been very frustrated at this as well, and I use the "I will be there at 6PMN tomorrow" message when necessary, and it works every time. I have a couple women, who were both past hosts of mine who have been wanting to co-host together, and I have been setting dates for the last 3 months, and they do not follow up on host-coaching calls untill the week before the show, then say, things got too busy, we need to reschedule. I have given them 3 dates in March, and told them, this is the LAST time I will be doing this, they need to pick a date, hold the date, and if not,they will only be able to do catalog shows, because My calendar determines if I am unemployed or not. I know that they eventually would like to join my team, so I do not want to give up on them completely, but if you do not respect your calendar, they will not either. As Dr Phil says, "You teach people how to treat you !!"

Here, here, mrssyvo!

If the date needs to be rescheduled once, I tell them at that point that I depend on my business income to pay the bills for my family, and if they find that they can't keep the new date it would be appreciated if they would let me know as soon as possible so that I am not unemployed for that evening....

Seems to work and I have actually had some really good shows AFTER that!

Those are good words to use. Thanks Janice! I WILL be using them if these girls want to reschedule!

Related to FRUSTRATED with No-Show Host: My Experience at BRU on 1/13

What happened at BRU on 1/13?

On 1/13, we had a scheduled Pampered Chef party at BRU. However, the host did not show up, causing frustration and disappointment for both the consultant and the guests.

Why was the host a no-show?

We are not sure why the host did not show up. We had confirmed the party with them beforehand and they seemed excited to host. Unfortunately, sometimes unforeseen circumstances can arise that prevent someone from attending their own party.

How did the consultant handle the situation?

The consultant did their best to make the most of the situation. They still presented the products and offered tips and tricks for using them. They also made sure to take down orders from interested guests and offered to reschedule the party for a later date.

What happens if a host is a no-show?

If a host does not show up for their scheduled party, it can be frustrating for both the consultant and the guests. However, the consultant will still make the most of the situation by presenting the products and taking orders from interested guests. The consultant may also offer to reschedule the party for a later date.

What can be done to prevent this from happening again?

To prevent a host from being a no-show in the future, it is important to have open communication and confirm the party details with them beforehand. If the host is unable to attend, they should let the consultant know as soon as possible so alternative arrangements can be made. Additionally, the consultant can offer incentives for hosts who successfully hold their parties as scheduled.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefKelebel
  • wadesgirl