• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Never Returned Calls? Get Tips on Handling No-Show Parties | Mia Host

In summary, the speaker has a show scheduled for Tuesday night that was booked from a fair. They have made multiple attempts to contact the host, including leaving messages, but have not received a response. The speaker is concerned and has left a message saying they plan to show up at the scheduled time, but would appreciate a call back confirming the party details. They are considering going to the host's house to ask in person. Other people offer advice, including leaving a message stating that the show will be cancelled if there is no response, and suggesting a scouting trip beforehand. The speaker is unsure if they have the correct phone number for the host.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
This has never happened to me before. I have a show scheduled for Tuesday night. She booked from a fair. At the fair, I gave her the packet and got her address and phone number. I have made the contact calls, but never reached her. Left messages. I also do postcards, no of them have been returned, so I assume she received them. I left her a message today saying that I have never done a party where the host has never returned my phone calls and that I am a little worried. I told her that I plan to show up at 6:15, but would really like a call back letting me know that she has the ingredients and the number of people that are planning to attend. She has not called back. I feel like going to her house tomorrow and just asking her if we are having a party or not. I have had people cancel, but they usually let me know. I find this incredible rude and I am just not used to it.

What would you do?

Luckily I have never had to deal with anything like that before but my thoughts are that if you haven't talked to her since the fair that it is a no go. How did you get the recipe to her and the shopping list? I don't know that's a tough one... Anyone else have advice?

I have never had this come up but I would probably call her and leave a voice mail saying that you have tried many times to get ahold of her and if she does not give you a call back by monday night that you asume she is canceling her show and you will not be there on tuesday. I would probably want to say something about how RUDE she is being, but know I shouldn't go there.:grumpy:

well, it might be a bust. but i know some peole like the "i am showing up at X time can't wait to do your show!" on the answering machine approach. it is suposed to get good feed back. it sounds like maybe a "scouting" trip to locate the place before hand might not be a bad idea. if you are comfortable with the face to face go for it, just i guess try to be as polite as possible.

I have had this happen a number of times. I call and say "Hi Susie Homemaker, this is Jenni with PC. We have a show scheduled for Tuesday and since I have not heard back from you I am assuming the show will not be happening. I will not be coming to your house on Tuesday as scheduled. if you would like to reschedule your show, please call me."

What happens is that if they have guests coming they call me back right away. If they had no intention of having the show they never call back.

When you leave a message, is it the correct number? I mean, do you get a generic message which means you might have the wrong number, or does the message say who you've reached? Just thinking she might not be getting the messages...

Another thought, you might want to give her an opportunity to call you when you WON'T be home. So many people now a days just can't be responsible (adult) enough to directly tell someone something. So, maybe let her know when you'll be home (implying when you won't be). "Please give me a call back, I'll be home after 5pm." This way if she doesn't want to talk to you, she might leave you a message during the time you won't be there.

Good Luck. It is time consuming preparing for a show, let alone one you may not have to do!

I have found that leaving the message saying I will be there at X time for your show usually is the one where you finally get to talk to the person. B/c if they don't want you there, they don't want you to show up. However, if the show is very far away then I would be careful if you don't hear from her. I wouldn't want to drive all that way to an empty house.

kam said:
When you leave a message, is it the correct number? I mean, do you get a generic message which means you might have the wrong number, or does the message say who you've reached? Just thinking she might not be getting the messages...

I am not sure if it is the right number. It is just a generic message. She watched me write it down at the fair. The show is tomorrow. I did leave the ingredient list on one of the voice mails. The last message said that I was nervous to do the show, since I did not hear back from her. I asked her to please call me. I also asked that if this was not the correct number for her if the owner of the phone could call me and let me know.

I am tempted to show up with all of my stuff and just embarass her. But I am not sure if it is worth it.

I'd call tonight and say "see you tomorrow at 630!" if she doesn't call back - go there! Worst case, she's not home. It would be great if she were home so you could confront her and tell her she should have just called you back to tell you the party was a no-go.

Okay... This is what I decided to do. She does not live too far away so this afternoon I am planning to drop off a note. I giving her the benefit of the doubt and assuming I have her number wrong.

I was planning on wording the note like this. Please let me know what you think:

Dear Dayna,

I have called your cell phone (360-xxx-xxxx) many times and have not heard back from you. This is the only number you gave me and I do not have your email address. I have never experienced a host who has not returned any of my phone calls. I can only assume you have not received them, otherwise you would have returned my messages. Our Pampered Chef party is scheduled for tomorrow night at 7 pm. If you are still planning on this party, you will need to call me by 8:00 pm tonight. I know your life is as busy as mine, but a courtsey call would be appropriate.

Thank you,

Wendy Love

Be nice and generous. I'd change it a bit and say that you are assuming she cannot still hold the show tomorrow, which is fine and could she please call you asap to reschedule it. Or perhaps she'd just like to have a catalog show and send her the monthly specials for the next month.I had a similar one that I tried reaching several times by phone, and I was going on vacation and had agreed to do the show the same day I flew back home for her. She never returned my call (I had also given out a packet). I finally emailed the host she booked from and said I would gladly reschedule if this wasn't a good time. She emailed right back and we now have a new party booked!

Honestly, this sounds a little hostile to me - If I were her, I would cancel the show after reading this, even if I had been planning on having it with you! I do understand why you're upset though!

I would change it to something like:

have called your cell phone (360-xxx-xxxx) many times and have not heard back from you. I am wondering if I have the right number. Our Pampered Chef party is scheduled for tomorrow night at 7 pm. If you are still planning on this party, I need to you to call me by 8:00 pm tonight or I will assume that the show is cancelled. I expect that you are probably busy at this time of year (aren't we all!), but I am sure that you understand that I need to know if you are still planning on having this show.

Thank you,

Hope this helps!

I'm sure someone else can come up with better wording though!

Thanks guys for your suggestions. This was my "nice" version :yuck:!! I am glad I ran it by here first. I do feel a little hostile, but you are right it always pays to be nice :D!

Thanks!

I agree with Annie, I would NOT compare her to any other host. All people and situations are different.

I had a host like this a few weeks ago actually, I did leave her a message and in it I told her that since I hadn't heard from her I assumed she was as busy and I am and I am excited about her party, here is what I plan on making and since I hadn't spoken to her I was going to pick up the ingredients myself and she could reimburse me at the time of the show and I will be there at X time and see you then!

Wouldn't you know the next day I got an email that she wanted to cancel?

Did you hear back from her?

How did it turn out?

Yes, please do tell?? :)

Did the show take place??

How did you get on?

I have a host just like this. She scheduled a Cookie show for December 8th. Can't get her to call me. I still have some time though. I left a message with the host that she booked from to have her contact me. Hopefully this will solve my problem. If I don't hear from her, I definitely won't be stopping by her house. She lives more than 45 minutes away from me!

Please let us know what happened.

1. Why do some hosts never return calls?

There could be various reasons why a host may not return calls. They may have had a change in circumstances and are no longer able to host the party, or they may have simply forgotten about their commitment. It's important to remember that life can get busy and things come up unexpectedly.

2. How can I handle a no-show party?

If you have a host who is not responding to your calls, it's best to reach out to them through other methods such as email or social media. If they still do not respond, you can try reaching out to their friends or family members who may have more information. It's also a good idea to have a backup plan in case the party does not end up happening.

3. What should I do if a host cancels on the day of the party?

If a host cancels on the day of the party, it's important to remain professional and understanding. You can offer to reschedule the party for a later date or try to find another host who may be interested in hosting on short notice. Remember to always be respectful of the host's decision and try to find a solution that works for both parties.

4. How can I prevent hosts from not returning calls?

One way to prevent hosts from not returning calls is to establish clear communication from the beginning. Make sure to provide them with all the necessary information and confirm their availability before adding them to your schedule. It's also a good idea to follow up with them a few days before the party to ensure they are still able to host.

5. What can I do to make sure the party goes smoothly even if the host is unresponsive?

If the host is unresponsive, it's important to have a backup plan in place. This could include reaching out to their friends or family members, or even hosting the party at a different location. You can also try to find a host for the party on short notice. Remember to stay positive and flexible, and your guests will still have a great experience with Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies