• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When and How to Pull the Plug on an Mia Host

In summary, my January is falling apart, and my February isn't looking too good either. One reason is that I cannot seem to pry a guest list out of my host for Sunday. She does not return phone calls and the only text she returned was when I asked for her e-mail, which she doesn't return either. The only time I communicate with her is when I see her at Target, her place of employment. Whenever I do see her, she's very apologetic for not returning calls/texts/e-mails....and then does nothing.
susanr613
Gold Member
Ok so this is a bit of a rant. My January is falling apart, and my February isn't looking too good either. One reason is that I cannot seem to pry a guest list out of my host for Sunday. She does not return phone calls and the only text she returned was when I asked for her e-mail, which she doesn't return either. The only time I communicate with her is when I see her at Target, her place of employment. Whenever I do see her, she's very apologetic for not returning calls/texts/e-mails....and then does nothing.

I saw her over the weekend and point-blank asked her if we are still having her show, which is this Sunday the 11th. She said of course and promised to get me her invite list by EOD Saturday. Today is Monday and you guessed it no list.

She lives a good 45 minutes away and I will be rushing from Sunday school with DS to to her show. In addition, I have to miss my Sisterhood event that day because of this show.

I am very tempted to email, text, and voicemail her to let her know that if she does not have at least 5 confirmed adult guests by Thursday, we will not hold the show. I know that if I do the "I'll be there" thing she'll be fine....and I'll be doing a show for her and her kids.

What do you think?

I dont know it is your call. Some consultants set a min guest number, but I had a show with only one guest, and it ended up being a $700 show and the hostess is a STRONG recruit lead. I think it is b/c we had a lot of time on our hands to really talk. I got her exicted about the products and the business and now she might sign. You just never know....

Remember, Susan, that this is your business. My impression of you is that any communication with this person will be polite and professional, so I see no problem at all with setting a deadline. You're talking about a long drive to do a "practice show" for her and her kids. If you need someone to tell you that it's okay, consider yourself told. It is okay. ;)

Been there and feel your frustration. I agree with Rae in that it's okay to be "politely firm" with a not-so-helpful host. I've actually never told anyone a certain number confirmed, but I have made it a point to mention the value of everyone's time, etc. Good luck with it!

rae you're da bomb! :)

I would leave her a message that says something to the extent of...If I don't hear from you by: ________ (Whatever date and time you choose) I am safe to assume that your show is cancelled. If you are planning to still have your show then please return my call so I can plan accordingly for your show.

I had the same problem in December. I really needed a show and someone emailed me out fo the blue to do one. She said she loved the Pampered Chef and so did her family, who she would be Xmas shopping for. I was totally excited, this was my chance in a new area to get outside of my circle. We set a date, discussed a menu, and she said call any day after 6pm and we traded contact info. So I told her I would call her on a certain date and time and she was not there. I left a message saying I'd call same time in 2 days, again had to leave a message. I told her I would call two days later and to be sure she'd get the message I also emailed her and said the same thing....when I called, again no answer and I left a message. I emailed her again after that and got no replies. We played email tag for about 2 weeks, her giving no info about the show only to say she was having one. By now I felt like her own personal PC stalker. I couldn't even get her to meet me somewhere to give her a host packet. So I finally decided to leave a message giving my contact info (which I had done everyother time I called) and said that if I didn't get a response by Friday (day before show date) then I would assume the show was cancelled. She didn't call so I cancelled the show. I really would have preferred to have had her cancel the show or postpone it if that is what she wanted, instead I had to cancel it and lost a potential customer. It sucks but I guess sometimes we get hosts who change their minds and are affraid to break it to us :( I hope your Feb starts looking better soon.

Thanks so much for everyone's advice and commiseration. I texted her today with "if I don't hear from you by Friday I will consider the show cancelled" Got a long text back about she's having outpatient procedures for the next 3 weeks, she's not working etc. So I texted back my good wishes and that we'll touch base again in a few weeks. If she holds the show I will be shocked.

The good news is that I can kick off the Sisterhood event, then take DS to a youth event I just heard about today. I have a show Friday night and recruit training Saturday, so now having Sunday free gives me more time for DS.

As for the rest of the month and February, I am doing what I can and letting God take care of the rest.

From your post it sounds like in losing this show you also lost a truckload of stress. I certainly hope her procedures go well. As for whether she'll actually do a show--who knows? I have one host who has done 4 shows with me. We have never once held the show on the first scheduled date. i only schedule her when I'm comfortable having it drop, never during a crunch time. Some people simply live in chaos.

What an interesting perspective, Rae - that helps a lot!

Thanks!

I just have to post this! I had a lazy host, totally unresponsive and I expected her to cancel. She's a friend of a my husband's friend, and my husband's friend said she's pretty flaky so don't expect much.We scheduled on Christmas Eve and I sent her my getting started e-mail (how to use my website, make a wish list, send me your guest list, invite everyone, thank you - pretty straightforward stuff.) I didn't hear anything back from her so I sent her a quick e-mail on the 6th, "hey, just checking in with you, how is your guest list coming along" kind of thing. Didn't hear anything so yesterday I left her a voicemail saying, "hey, I haven't heard from you, if I don't hear back I'll need to postpone." I'm super low-pressure in general, so it was not a pushy message.Show was scheduled for next Saturday, the 17th. Here's her response today:"I just got back from a 2 week trip from out of state. My son and I are also getting over being sick. I did not use my phone or check email on my trip and just got your messages. This whole thing is too overwhelming for me!I offered to help you by trying to find a FREE place for YOU to use so you could try and make some money for you and your family by selling your multi-level-marketing products. I also offered to try and invite a few of my friends/family because I thought you really needed financial help. I feel like you expect me to work for you. I do not really care about a "Successful Show" as you put it. This is about your success and your work and your job - it has nothing to do with me! I am not trying to make money here - I already have a job. I will not be putting this Pampered Chef pressure on people I know. I truly was just trying to do a nice thing and wanted to help you out but this has turned into something way too big that I do not want to deal with! I do not even know you. I met you once at a baby shower. Sorry. Oh and by the way- your "3-Week Notice" thing is ridiculous! I got that email LESS THAN 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED DATE! Also, I NEVER agreed to PURCHASE anything and never COMMITTED to anything! Please do not contact me again. I am honestly a little weirded out by all of it. Thanks."BTW, I *never* mentioned finances with her. I brought it up to her as a way for her to get free products, not as my needing money. DH was with me when I met her at his friend's baby shower and he laughed at this e-mail, because it's so opposite how I actually am with the business! In fact, she knows me through DH, who has his own business, and his business does very well. It's just so WIERD!Like your lady above, I'm losing stress rather than losing business by getting rid of her, haha.

People are a little nuts.

a little?!? is that all?

That is crazy, she clearly has something going on in her life, and she is taking it out on you. Don't take it personally. Sorry you has to listen to her "rant".

yikes koima! maybe its a good thing she blew you off - she probably would have been very difficult

oh by the way, i did receive an invite list in the mail....with 5 NAMES on it!! she wrote that her friends have drifted away....and she'll be back on her feet in february. I will follow up - one time - and let her know I need a minimum of 10 adult guests to do a show.

today was supposed to be her show. instead, i had time to exercise, talk to my parents, get my sisterhood event all set up, and take DS to a youth group "olympics". he had a lot of fun and got to hang out with other jewish kids, which doesn't happen often.

so, thanks "jane doe" for not following through!

koima said:
I just have to post this! I had a lazy host, totally unresponsive and I expected her to cancel. She's a friend of a my husband's friend, and my husband's friend said she's pretty flaky so don't expect much.

We scheduled on Christmas Eve and I sent her my getting started e-mail (how to use my website, make a wish list, send me your guest list, invite everyone, thank you - pretty straightforward stuff.) I didn't hear anything back from her so I sent her a quick e-mail on the 6th, "hey, just checking in with you, how is your guest list coming along" kind of thing. Didn't hear anything so yesterday I left her a voicemail saying, "hey, I haven't heard from you, if I don't hear back I'll need to postpone." I'm super low-pressure in general, so it was not a pushy message.

Show was scheduled for next Saturday, the 17th. Here's her response today:

"I just got back from a 2 week trip from out of state. My son and I are also getting over being sick. I did not use my phone or check email on my trip and just got your messages. This whole thing is too overwhelming for me!

I offered to help you by trying to find a FREE place for YOU to use so you could try and make some money for you and your family by selling your multi-level-marketing products. I also offered to try and invite a few of my friends/family because I thought you really needed financial help. I feel like you expect me to work for you. I do not really care about a "Successful Show" as you put it. This is about your success and your work and your job - it has nothing to do with me! I am not trying to make money here - I already have a job. I will not be putting this Pampered Chef pressure on people I know. I truly was just trying to do a nice thing and wanted to help you out but this has turned into something way too big that I do not want to deal with! I do not even know you. I met you once at a baby shower. Sorry. Oh and by the way- your "3-Week Notice" thing is ridiculous! I got that email LESS THAN 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED DATE! Also, I NEVER agreed to PURCHASE anything and never COMMITTED to anything! Please do not contact me again. I am honestly a little weirded out by all of it. Thanks."

BTW, I *never* mentioned finances with her. I brought it up to her as a way for her to get free products, not as my needing money. DH was with me when I met her at his friend's baby shower and he laughed at this e-mail, because it's so opposite how I actually am with the business! In fact, she knows me through DH, who has his own business, and his business does very well. It's just so WIERD!

Like your lady above, I'm losing stress rather than losing business by getting rid of her, haha.

Doesn't look like you lost a thing with this flake!! What does she think Pampered Chef is...some kind of catering service?

Wow Koima! Some people are just weird...and mean. Bless and release.

I showed my upline this e-mail and she said that in my response, I should put "PS, you're a nutjob." I was much more diplomatic than that, but I wasn't sorry to see the show go!! She clearly didn't get what PC is about, even though I did a decent job of explaining how the host program works. Not such a loss, haha.

I am with Andrea on that one! A little? I had a host throw it all on me once because all I wanted her to confirm her party date and I was so thown off base, I almost went to her home with the "nut catchers" as my 10 year old niece calls them! MIA. Missing in Action or Missing Itellegence Alliance member! The latter I think. Susan, thank your lucky stars this women is a fruit cake and the party never held. You never know what would have come up with her if it had!

Related to When and How to Pull the Plug on an Mia Host

1. When should I pull the plug on an Mia Host?

It is important to pull the plug on an Mia Host if it is displaying any signs of malfunction or if it is no longer meeting your needs. It is also recommended to pull the plug if there are any safety concerns.

2. How do I know when to pull the plug on an Mia Host?

You should pull the plug on an Mia Host if it is no longer functioning properly or if it poses any safety risks. Additionally, if you find yourself no longer using the host or it is no longer meeting your needs, it may be time to pull the plug.

3. What steps should I take before pulling the plug on an Mia Host?

Before pulling the plug on an Mia Host, it is important to ensure that all power sources are turned off and that any food or items are removed from the host. You should also refer to the manufacturer's instructions for proper shutdown procedures.

4. How do I safely pull the plug on an Mia Host?

To safely pull the plug on an Mia Host, first ensure that all power sources are turned off. Then, carefully unplug the host from the power source, making sure to avoid any exposed wires or other potential hazards.

5. Can I replace an Mia Host instead of pulling the plug?

In some cases, it may be possible to replace an Mia Host instead of pulling the plug. However, it is important to carefully assess the situation and determine if replacement is a viable option based on the cost and availability of replacement parts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies